• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monthlies Arcade Legacy! Prolly odne.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm still planning to go to RAGE with SoulPech. It's too bad I can't do that and this, but like Hilt said, hopefully I'll be able to go to the next one.

If I do go to RAGE, it'll be the biggest, furthest tourney that I've traveled to so far. Sooner or later I'll end up going out-of-state at that rate. It all calls to me on my wanting to travel more just for these sort of fun things, and I'll be able to meet more of the offline community like I wanted to.
this man <3

SoulPech

Smash Master
I'm still planning to go to RAGE with SoulPech. It's too bad I can't do that and this, but like Hilt said, hopefully I'll be able to go to the next one.

If I do go to RAGE, it'll be the biggest, furthest tourney that I've traveled to so far. Sooner or later I'll end up going out-of-state at that rate. It all calls to me on my wanting to travel more just for these sort of fun things, and I'll be able to meet more of the offline community like I wanted to.
This! THIS is what we need to strengthen the Smash Community in the Midwest. Let's give him a hand

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and cancel this event; from who I've talked to it looked like there would only be a dozen people or so able to show up at most not counting any AL locals, and I'd rather not risk a small turnout marring people's opinions on coming back for future events.

The next one would either be on August 11th or August 18th; no one but Kel has given me any input on these dates so if you've got an opinion or know of another tournament on those days let me know in thread. We gotta find out soon because this time the date isn't locked in!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I don't think so, this time. :/ Mostly because right now we have 4 interested from Huntington, and I think we're just leaving in the morning this time.

:(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Not sure if I'll be able to host one of these in August due to limited dates and conflicting events on both dates.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
AL doesn't have it open, plus my enthusiasm to host this has waned after how this thread went after last month.

Kel

Smash Master
But everyone loved the tournament and you had a larger than expected turn out. It seemed very successful.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I never expected it not to be successful; I just didn't really care for the reactions in and out of the thread after last month, and it made me question why I was holding these. I realized that most of the people I regularly want to hang out with in the smash community I do so on a regular basis anyway to do things that are more fun than Brawl. I don't have anything to prove as a player or a TO and I've got a lot of other things I'd rather be doing instead now.

I do have some other tournament ideas I wanted to try, but I just don't feel the drive that much at the moment. Feels like a headache, and I don't deal with headaches.

I do have 5 CRTs now though, and 3 of them are 27", so I might do a few invite only house tournaments. We'll see.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I haven't read or heard of any new updates from this for a while.

Is this tourney still gonna happen this Saturday or not? The one I've been to before was great.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I haven't read or heard of any new updates from this for a while.

Is this tourney still gonna happen this Saturday or not? The one I've been to before was great.
The update that I've repeatedly posted was "tournament series prolly done". Was planning on doing a lot of these, but didn't really like the community reaction after the second. Don't really feel like catering to it, so I might do occasional house tournaments on an invite only basis but I really don't gain anything from doing these as most of the people I want to hang out with from the community I already do. There's nothing stopping anyone else from doing this instead, AL is a good venue.

Top Bottom