• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monthlies Arcade Legacy! Prolly odne.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I'm there - prepare for serious fail, and maybe Zelda play :mistyface:

also I'd do teams if someone would partner with me, but I'm a teams noob ._.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I had to go wario on a sonic and a fox player at Columbus last weekend so if anyone wants to play me with those characters to get me better by all means.

wangston

Smash Lord
So a friend of mine went last week he said the donkey kong machine was out of order.....

And just when I thought I was going to get the first kill screen at arcade legacy and get a new world record.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Reminder: This is tomorrow!

Registration from 11:00 - 12:00!

To clarify a few questions in advance:

Your pool placement only matter for THAT POOL. If you get out, you move on to the next round, and if you get first in every pool until the last pool and then get 2nd, you still get 2nd in the tournament.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I have a question: What advantage do you have of placing 1st in the second round of pools as opposed to barely making it out?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The higher you place in pools, the higher your seed. Seed is used only to determine pools (so if there were 2 pools left, the two 1st placers wouldn't have to play one another). If there's only one remaining pool left your seed doesn't really matter; if the top 3 advance from the 2nd to last round of pools and you get 3rd, you have just as much chance of getting first as anyone else. That said, if you get 3rd and barely scrape by you still have to play against the guys who got 1st and 2nd.

The last round of pools is basically "the finals" the entire way through.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
The higher you place in pools, the higher your seed. Seed is used only to determine pools (so if there were 2 pools left, the two 1st placers wouldn't have to play one another). If there's only one remaining pool left your seed doesn't really matter; if the top 3 advance from the 2nd to last round of pools and you get 3rd, you have just as much chance of getting first as anyone else. That said, if you get 3rd and barely scrape by you still have to play against the guys who got 1st and 2nd.

The last round of pools is basically "the finals" the entire way through.
I mean, this is kind of a flaw in the pools system. The top two seeds of second round pools have no reason to really play each other.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's more accurate than bracket by far; I've seen people succeed or fail simply by what side of the bracket they are.

The top two seeds still need to play each other to advance and, should other players step it up, the match could actually determine who advances. Seed is important to make sure you get out as the pools get harder, but for the 2nd to last pool you'd just need to make sure you advance.

Pools can bring about issues when it comes to "Oh, I have a guaranteed advance. LOL TIME" where someone 2-0's everyone then goes Ike for kicks and loses 0-2 to someone else, which in turn puts him above the others. That does suck. People should still get more matches on average though.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I'm not arguing that the amount of matches played will increase, but the transition from semi/final pool may have matches that do not affect 1st and 2nd seed, and that's kinda meh.

Perhaps to minimize this issue, it could be possible to make a progressive elimination strategy, that has heavier eliminations during the middle pools. Just a thought.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I might experiment more in the future, but for now I'm just gonna stick with standard pools. Easier to handle.

arcadelegends

Smash Cadet
OS, I will make sure you guys get the setups you need. I'll have it ready for 12 setups for you. You can use 6 of my TVs so just make sure you have 6 more. I have two Wiis and copies of Brawl if you need them as well.

Wangston, DK is not and has not been out of order since we moved to the new location. Kill screen!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
See you guys here. If you're a driver/bringing a setup make sure you let me know at the event!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Congrats to everyone who showed up!

1. Krystedez
2. Kel
3. MX
4. Tako
5. Carls
6. Xisin

I'll upload full results later. 31 people showed up; we started at 12:30 and finished doubles by around 2:30 and then finished ALL THREE ROUNDS OF POOLS by 8:30 p.m.! We were about a half hour over my target time, but started a half hour later but I consider it a win.

Thus is the power of people actually staying on deck and getting ready to play matches! The All Pools format was a success!

wangston

Smash Lord
I will give wangston a prize if he makes it to the kill screen
couldn't make it no ride johns. Being a college student with no car sucks. Maybe next time. My highest scroce was 135k...... just a few screens away from a kill screen....

Overswarm

is laughing at you
All three people that beat me in my pool got top 5. Lol
Kryz, mx, and carls. I had a tough pool. :O

Damn...

:phone:
Yes you did.

The good news is that I can separate the one seeds for future pools-only tournaments with a lot of accuracy!

MX778

Smash Journeyman
Yo, good games to everyone I played. Shoutouts will come when the result thread does. :p

Oh, and great tourney OS! :D

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
This was super fun. We'll definitely try to make it to future events. OS is a great host.

More stuff in results thread though.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I am in full agreement, it was so fun.

And if you asked me what I thought of it, whether I was exausted at the end of it or not...

Let me just put it this way.

It was still DAYLIGHT outside when the tourney finished.

O_O

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I am in full agreement, it was so fun.

And if you asked me what I thought of it, whether I was exausted at the end of it or not...

Let me just put it this way.

It was still DAYLIGHT outside when the tourney finished.

O_O
Nebraska's tournament started at 6 p.m. ended at 3:30 a.m. But we had brawl/melee /doubles/singles. And litereally no matches could be played because someone else was playing the other game.

It was ****ing awesome.

:/ Lumi <3

Top Bottom