• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mog for brawl(please close)NEW MOG THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I thought it would be neat if Mog had a random weapon smash like Peach. You know how Princess Peach sometimes uses a frying pan and sometimes she uses a golf club? Mog's foward smash could alternate between spear & mace. =o)

platnum

Smash Lord
just got an idea:movesets for mog. post your best mog moveset and i MIGHT add it to the first post.non-members and members welcome.

platnum

Smash Lord
MOG FOR BRAWL

:,(

my thread is dying after all that work...I geus the world isnt ready for a character like mog to be in brawl,curse there narow minds!
*summons bahamut* *readies megaflare*if nobody makes a good post im unleashing bahamut on this thread.

but know this.i wont give up on mog even if this thread dies!!!!

MOG FOR BRAWL FOREVER!!!

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
This is... I'm not sure what to say. It needs a massive overhaul. Normally, I wouldn't bother, but I feel I should do something. Very well. For one thing, look at this: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=39452595&page=9

It has a moveset, which is much better than the one you have, somewhere towards the end of the page. For one thing, it includes all of his dances. I'm going to work on revising this thread, as it isn't fair for Mog to be associated with this.

platnum

Smash Lord
How is the Mog Squad a club if it's modeled after The Bomb Squad, and has no members whatsoever besides you?
the mog squad has nothing to do with the bomb squad (colenstein made up the name when he made the sig)

BTW there are 3 members.

platnum

Smash Lord
This is... I'm not sure what to say. It needs a massive overhaul. Normally, I wouldn't bother, but I feel I should do something. Very well. For one thing, look at this: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=39452595&page=9

It has a moveset, which is much better than the one you have, somewhere towards the end of the page. For one thing, it includes all of his dances. I'm going to work on revising this thread, as it isn't fair for Mog to be associated with this.
sorry for the x2 post.

i said to make movesets for mog last page,if you realy want this thread to be beter post a move set and i will add it to the first post.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'm joining, but I'm going to have to change things around. This lacks a sad number of things. Why on earth would anyone, not knowing who Mog is, want him in after reading this? This needs major changes, so I suggest you start by reading that link I gave you.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Good moveset. Can't argue with that, but I would still like to see Mog's foward smash use a variety of weapons like Peach's foward smash does.

platnum

Smash Lord
Good moveset. Can't argue with that, but I would still like to see Mog's foward smash use a variety of weapons like Peach's foward smash does.
again,if you want a moveset change submit yours and i might add it to the first post.

update:mog info and squad member list.

@mirron put the mog squad banner in your sig.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
hmm, an interesting thread here platnum...
but i think u went too spear crazy for the moveset.
But if possible, i'd like to support him/her/it and join, Mog for Brawl!

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Okay, now I shall post some typical arguments against Mog. This specific time, it will be why Mog should get in over the other representatives, such as Crono, Geno, and Sora.

Mog has a large number of things going for him. He has a unique moveset, a moveset that can be based on a neglected weapon (spear) in the Super Smash Bros series, as well as a number of other unique features in terms of mechanics. But, these are just nice things. As fun as it would be to have a Moogle playable in the SSB series, why should he get in over the likes of Geno, Sora, and Crono?

Well, in Geno's case, it's easy. Geno and a SE representive can both get in, as Geno would count as a Mario character. So, for all you Geno supporters out there, I want Mog and Geno, and both are capable of getting in without damaging the others chances. Now, onto the others.

Sora is a tricky case. He is owned, at least in part, but I believe it's entirely, by Disney. If he is completely owned by Disney, I'm not sure how good his chances are, but I believe that Mog has better chances in this case. If he is partially owned by Disney, it still causes problems. To make a long story short, Mog is simply easier to get as a character than Sora is.

Now we have Crono. Crono is quite a good character, representing a neglected series, the Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross series. Of course, only Chrono Trigger appeared on a Nintendo system, but luckily Crono was the main character of that game. Crono represents an obscure series, more obscure than what Mog represents, the entire FF series. However, the two series that represent SE are FF, and DQ. FF is the one that is most likely to get a representative, at least to me. Crono does not represent the FF series. Even though he is obscure, and Sakurai likes obscure, that isn't enough. Mog is obscure enough, and represents a larger part of history, capable of representing all the Nintendo FF's by his inclusion.

This brings me to my last argument, at least for now. Black Mage, or, even broader, FF classes. It is unlikely that we will ever get a character from one game, but the classes represent a broader section of games. As well, most of the FF's on Nintendo systems have classes. So, why not have one of them? Well, Mog is perfectly capable of representing any of the classes that you want him too. In the link I posted earlier, he represents Dragoons, Dancers, and Geomancers without giving him anything particularly unique. Mog could easily use Black and White Magic, and his FS could easily be a summon, which gets most of the major magic classes easily. Basically, Mog is a blank slate, one that can be used to represent more of the FF series through it's inclusion than any of the generic classes, especially as Mog can use Chocobos, the other mascot of the FF series, without it seeming off, which is the same for Mog using any of the other classes abilities.

And those are my arguments against the other major representatives. If there is anyone else, or any points you disagree with, let me know.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
The moveset I mentioned. As well, I suggest you put my last post, the arguments, in the first post of this topic, so that we can try and stem off some of the arguments against Mog.

Moveset:

Character: Mog
Series: Final Fantasy
Stats
Height: 3/5 (same height as Pikachu)
Weight: 3/5
Speed: 3/5
Power: 5/5
Jump: 3/5
Falling speed: Low
Glide: Can Glide. Equivalent to Meta-Knight (Oh dear god Mog's going to be broken)

Moveset
A: Right Punch
AA: Left Punch
AAA: Kick
A >: Small Lance thrust (Next to no lag)
A ^: Swings his spear in an arc.
A v: Stabs his spear into the ground he is facing.
A Dash: Jumps forward with a spear.

A > Smash: Lance Thrust
A ^ Smash: Stabs his spear into the air
A v Smash: Stabs spear into the ground, creating a small explosion

Netural air: Spins in the air
Forword air: Pounds with his head
Back air: Kicks (the equivalent on Ness' back air)
Down air: Swings his lance downward
Up air: Takes his lance and does a front flip

B: Reflect: Any projectile is reflected two-fold, like Fox's Reflector, but he has to take 10 second rests from B to B.
B >: Lance Drill, Mog will thrust forward, if he connects, we will then zap the enemy with electicity.
B ^: Dragoon Jump: jumps into the air, with his lance pointing up. If he does it starting from the gound, he goes higher.
B v: Random Dance: Mog dances, random effects will occur. Shown at bottom.

Grab >: throws just like Mario, spins once then throws.
Grab <: Same as Pikachu's back throw.
Grab ^: Throws up, then stabs with a lance.
Grab v: Jumps into the air, than slams a spear into his enemy.

Final Smash: Dancing Ultima
Mog starts to Dance, then 2 sceonds later, a huge blue explosion (like Ultima, just with no 'growing time'.) envelops around Mog.

Dance:
Water Harmony: Heals Mog for 10%, Mog then spreads water around him (Uber-Broken)
Wind Rhapsody: Creates tornadoes around Mog.
Forest Nocturne: Sets up grass, for a move restricing trap. (Does not affect Mog)
Desert Lullaby: The first person who touches Mog will be hurt for 20%
Love Serenade: Creates a small explosion, whoever it hits, their controls will be warped.
Earth Blues: Rocks erupt around Mog.
Snowman Rondo: Turns the floor around Mog to ice.
Twilight Requiem: Small black explosion, instant KO.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Is that to me? If so, I'm not sure what you're talking about. But, that does make me feel that Mogs side-B could be Chocobo related. I'll think about it.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I'll think of a way I could use it. Perhaps as a variation of Peachs down B or Mr. Game and Watches side B, a random chocobo heads across the stage. Different colors do different things, with gold being the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom