• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mog for brawl(please close)NEW MOG THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Dearie me. I need to be on here more, since this is apparently a very controversial character inclusion.

Now then, Slime. I wasn't sure if I should include him in my argument section, same goes for Cloud. Mainly because I didn't see them appear much here. I really don't feel like arguing much right this second, in a short while I'll probably come up with an argument for Slime. Not that I would hate to see him in, it's just Mog has my support for the SE rep first, Slime would come in at a second, I think. Anyways, about Cloud. He has a chance, a slim one, but I personally don't feel that he will get in. He made a minor appearance in a side game for a primarily PS series. Of course, I could be wrong. However, I believe SE has enough common sense not to try including him. Cloud fits in Dissidia, but here, they can use characters that they couldn't normally use, namely Slime and Mog. The cuter, cuddlier characters, or characters like Geno, who is a legal issue for them, and sort of pointless in a non-Mario related game. Why not, I guess I'll go into an argument against Slime.

At this point, Slime is the largest competitor for the SE representative, as far as I see it. Every point I made for Mog could be turned around and applied to Slime. Slime has a strange moveset, with a wide variety of moves he could use. He's cute, represents a series very well, being the mascot for the DQ series. These are all similar to Mog. So, in this case, I suppose it would be brought down to a few things. Mog represents the FF series, and Slime represents the DQ series. Now, both series are very popular. However, the DQ series, while popular primarily in Japan, did not catch on quite as well as the FF series did in America, and I'd guess the rest of the world. I could be wrong on this part, so if so, please let me know. As FF is likely more popular worldwide in comparison to the DQ series, it would make sense for them to choose the more popular one. Especially since Sakurai said he's trying to go for characters that aren't only popular in Japan, which I believe would help Mogs chances more than Slime. In the end, these two are the most likely representatives for the SE spot, and while I believe Mogs chances are better, it is in all likelihood a close call.

Now then, about SE saying they won't put in FF characters, I'd like to see where he said it. I don't find it impossible to believe, but it is best to provide proof of what you claim. However, I still find it possible for them to change their minds, or, perhaps, for them to consider Mog to be above this sort of thing, as he is a mascot more than an actual character of the FF series. I could be wrong, but, we have no way of knowing, so I'll leave it at that.

platnum

Smash Lord
Dearie me. I need to be on here more, since this is apparently a very controversial character inclusion.

Now then, Slime. I wasn't sure if I should include him in my argument section, same goes for Cloud. Mainly because I didn't see them appear much here. I really don't feel like arguing much right this second, in a short while I'll probably come up with an argument for Slime. Not that I would hate to see him in, it's just Mog has my support for the SE rep first, Slime would come in at a second, I think. Anyways, about Cloud. He has a chance, a slim one, but I personally don't feel that he will get in. He made a minor appearance in a side game for a primarily PS series. Of course, I could be wrong. However, I believe SE has enough common sense not to try including him. Cloud fits in Dissidia, but here, they can use characters that they couldn't normally use, namely Slime and Mog. The cuter, cuddlier characters, or characters like Geno, who is a legal issue for them, and sort of pointless in a non-Mario related game. Why not, I guess I'll go into an argument against Slime.

At this point, Slime is the largest competitor for the SE representative, as far as I see it. Every point I made for Mog could be turned around and applied to Slime. Slime has a strange moveset, with a wide variety of moves he could use. He's cute, represents a series very well, being the mascot for the DQ series. These are all similar to Mog. So, in this case, I suppose it would be brought down to a few things. Mog represents the FF series, and Slime represents the DQ series. Now, both series are very popular. However, the DQ series, while popular primarily in Japan, did not catch on quite as well as the FF series did in America, and I'd guess the rest of the world. I could be wrong on this part, so if so, please let me know. As FF is likely more popular worldwide in comparison to the DQ series, it would make sense for them to choose the more popular one. Especially since Sakurai said he's trying to go for characters that aren't only popular in Japan, which I believe would help Mogs chances more than Slime. In the end, these two are the most likely representatives for the SE spot, and while I believe Mogs chances are better, it is in all likelihood a close call.

Now then, about SE saying they won't put in FF characters, I'd like to see where he said it. I don't find it impossible to believe, but it is best to provide proof of what you claim. However, I still find it possible for them to change their minds, or, perhaps, for them to consider Mog to be above this sort of thing, as he is a mascot more than an actual character of the FF series. I could be wrong, but, we have no way of knowing, so I'll leave it at that.
nice debunkage...did you check your pm's

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I've done what I can, for now. I'll probably help with info later. As well, I'm going to save the page, so we have backup if Ridley supporters, or anyone, for that matter, messes with it negatively. However, we are being marked for deletion. And thank you for all the compliments.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Did I start something?

Back on the topic of Mog as a playable character, what could be some of his colors?
Brown, green, pink (Sak has a thing for pink and so do I), black (Mog turned evil? NOO), & grey.

hey ~krystal~ have you seen the wiki.
I have in fact seen the wiki and it is so well done. Just a shame it is about to be duhl3ted.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Sweet!!
The Mog squad is up and running!.....................****!!

On topic:
Well, what colors besides the obvious blue,red,green,etc.,
wat else would their be??

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I think that is being unreasonable. What is the problem with such a thing? As for costumes, I imagine an Artemecion like one, as well as a Black Mage one. Past that, not sure.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Against Sora

* Sora is a tricky case. He is owned, at least in part, but I believe it's entirely, by Disney. If he is completely owned by Disney, I'm not sure how good his chances are, but I believe that Mog has better chances in this case. If he is partially owned by Disney, it still causes problems. To make a long story short, Mog is simply easier to get as a character than Sora is.
Sora is on same ground as Geno, Square can use him as they please without Disney's consent, just like Nintendo can use Geno as long as they give credit to Square, and this is hardly an argument in favor of Mog.

Against Crono

* Now we have Crono. Crono is quite a good character, representing a neglected series, the Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross series. Of course, only Chrono Trigger appeared on a Nintendo system, but luckily Crono was the main character of that game. Crono represents an obscure series, more obscure than what Mog represents, the entire FF series. However, the two series that represent SE are FF, and DQ. FF is the one that is most likely to get a representative, at least to me. Crono does not represent the FF series. Even though he is obscure, and Sakurai likes obscure, that isn't enough. Mog is obscure enough, and represents a larger part of history, capable of representing all the Nintendo FF's by his inclusion.
Crono doesn't have more chance than Mog because he is not a Final Fantasy character? That's terrible logic.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
No, I don't think it's the same case. When SE made the KH games, they gave all the rights to original characters to Disney. This is why KH fans fear Sora may appear in a cartoon. I'm not sure of the exact legal status of Geno, but I'm fairly sure they're different.

As for Crono, my argument is that Mog can represent more then Crono can. That is the basis of that argument, at least.

vesperview

Smash Hero
The only character that doesn't belong to either company in KH is Jack Skellington, then every Disney character such as Beast, Belle, Aladdin, etc are owned exclusively by them, as well as the Final Fantasy characters are owned exclusively by Square, now Sora, Riku, Kairi, Xemnas, Axel, etc are owned by both companies but Square has more rights over them for creating them, therefore they can just let Sakurai use Sora and just credit Disney in the credits.

platnum

Smash Lord
The only character that doesn't belong to either company in KH is Jack Skellington, then every Disney character such as Beast, Belle, Aladdin, etc are owned exclusively by them, as well as the Final Fantasy characters are owned exclusively by Square, now Sora, Riku, Kairi, Xemnas, Axel, etc are owned by both companies but Square has more rights over them for creating them, therefore they can just let Sakurai use Sora and just credit Disney in the credits.
yes but mog has more of a chance simply becuase he is more original(and dosent wield a sword like soooo many others)

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Where does it say that? I've always heard that SE gave all the rights to Disney when they created the original KH characters. I'll learn the answer soon enough.

vesperview

Smash Hero
yes but mog has more of a chance simply becuase he is more original(and dosent wield a sword like soooo many others)
The Keyblade isn't exactly a sword and Sora has a lot of originality, plus, he was mentioned by Sakurai on the poll, creating a moveset for Sora is a lot easier than creating a moveset for Mog and NO Mog doesn't have more chance than Sora, it's one thing to support a character, is another to be completely oblivious to the actual circumstances.

finalark

SNORLAX
Honestly, I think they both have nil chance. Just because Sora appeared in one game on a Nintendo system doesn't boost his chances. What's next? Goofy for Brawl?

vesperview

Smash Hero
That's pretty much the same as you saying all the rights belong to Disney, a proof that wasn't another post in the IGN boards by some random dude would be better.

Honestly, I think they both have nil chance. Just because Sora appeared in one game on a Nintendo system doesn't boost his chances. What's next? Goofy for Brawl?
He was mentioned in Sakura's journal, that instantly gives him more chance than Mog, not to mention he is fairly more recent and that there is an upcoming KH game on the DS.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping someone will actually post a link. But I think I'll have to do that.

D

Deleted member

Now, I noticed on your Wiki page and read that "Against Geno" part and I didn't see anything against Geno at all. All you said was they can both get in. Now, they CAN but I don't think Square would allow 2 reps. Besides, there is only one Sqare rep that is really really wanted around the world. Geno. Scored a 4 on the journal. To me, Mog reminds me of Tingle for some reason. Better off as a trophy.

platnum

Smash Lord
*changes subject before mas flame*

my unofficial mog recolors\alt costumes.

montblanc
reversed colors
pink with white wings and blue pom pom.
gray
red
black mage mog
white mage mog.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
The legal issue with Geno means that he can get in as a Mario character and not count as a SE representative. This is mentioned in the Geno thread, although perhaps I should be more clear. I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Do you really need to continue? I could argue every point you make, but I dislike arguing when all this is meant to be is a group of people who share a similar interest gathering together and discussing said interest. It'd be the same if I went on another thread and insulted the character in it.

platnum

Smash Lord
Moogles are pretty much to Final Fantasy what Toads are to Mario, just a generic race that serves no major role in their series, they are important but not important enough to be in as playable characters in Brawl.
are you kidding!? mog is WAAAY more important than toad.

dont troll us.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Moogles save your game and deliver your mail in some Final Fantasy games, the most important Mog certainly is the FFVI Mog we're discussing here, followed by Mog from FFIX who is cooler IMO for turning into Madeen, Toad gives you stars and saves your game in Mario games, plus, he is playable in a handful of Mario spinoffs, while they serve a similar role to their series, Toad is far more famous and important.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I believe Mog represents his series better than Toad represents his, especially in comparison to Mario. A chocobo would represent the FF series better, but, as I don't believe a chocobo should be playable, and as Mog can use a chocobo in his moveset without it being odd in the slightest, I believe Mog should be in over a chocobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom