• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto Tournament: FEB 10 *Park's House!* RESULTS!

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Chris we challenged them. Check my thread. lol.. That's why he called it the Nova Challenge. Oh and Chris if you and Tomi can come to DRGN's tomorrow we're having Tyde over to record matches for C-vids. Beg, punch, knockout, drag, tie-up and kidnap Tomi to get him over there.

park5150

Smash Ace
the teams is $3 per person, not 2 persons. And the winings is 60/20/10. Oh, and 6% of the teams is going for pizza.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
666 seemed like a round number, of course. $6 for singles and teams, and 6% taken off for pizza? perhaps his yoshi is not only cracked up, but it is demonic.

OR MAYBE WE IDOLIZE MIKE666 LOL????????????

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yea oni that's the spirit : ) 3 more days, but i am still not sure if i can come or not.

jamie, you should download tio just in case i can't come.

Zoap

Smash Master
lol momo got owned. I dont like the pizza idea seeing as all ppl dont get fair shares unless its regulated. And if ppl want food they should have to go get it. Its not the tourneys responsibility to provide food. All monies should go to the pot or the TO for letting use of the venue or some form of that.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
As a TO I never take money. I think it should all go to the players. And with pizza, most of the money will end up going towards that. The prizes will be pretty small, so it will be like the winner payed for the pizza.

Zoap

Smash Master
im not saying everyone does but lets look at the current norcal biweeklys.

NCB- Takes $3 from the $8 entry for the club
SFSU- Takes 10% for the club
Sac- Takes 10% for I dunno, from both teams and singles though
TGE- Takes from 33-50% I dunno the exact number but its the highest in Norcal

Those major tournaments in norcal all take outta the pot and not for food.

I retain my curret position take it out for the use of ur house, not for food.
Let ppl feed themselves

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Wtf. 33%? That's nuts. Yeah Jon takes money for himself. My Delphiki Games take no money at all. If the biweeklies were up to me money wouldn't be taken there either.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
TGE takes out alot out of the pot because its not a house or club they are using, its their REAL BUSINESS.. and they have to pay for electric bills and everything. no johns

Bob Money

Smash Ace
i want to go to this Peter ill prob give ya a call soona or later.
might ride with the BACK boback that is.
btw Ray would u like to team up with me?
id love to have a ton of friendlies with u. dsf stopper.;)

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
personal message from choknater:
as for me i may or may not be able to go depending on how my mom feels that day, but you will MOST LIKELY see the rest of the stanislaus county smashers: park, hmw, edy, kero, oni, sage, and some others. please don't discredit us just because you think we're not good competition, i assure you we are definitely decent competition and would like you to service us with your, er, superiority? i think not. i'm calling out to you, nova complex. rdy for ****? LLOoloLlolool.

i deem modesto "yoshi town" LOolloLOLOloloLOLO.
I hope you can make it Chok, it's been forever since we've last played.

Team Turlock will be making it to this, well atleast Bzrk and myself. Hopefully I can get atleast three or more members of the Turlock crew to come =)

I hope to get tons of great matches in!

Zoap

Smash Master
Bob, they changed this topic over from the old TGE thread. So when Rey responded it was like 2006 <.<. I have talked to Rey and he doesnt look like he is going anywhere this weekend. I dunno if I m going if I am Ill let you know.

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
Bzrk and myself are on our way. We'll be there in like 25 minutes, don't start without me =o

Hopefully a good amount of people decide to show up, if not; it's Turlock vs Modesto.

lol

:laugh:

The Game II

Smash Champion
just an early notice that I would like results please please please. You can PM or e-mail them to me.

And unless meep or kfc wins, i'll need full real names so I can put it up on my site. Thanks.

--GCII

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
This was a fun tournament even though the number of attendance was small. I believe it was an 8 man tournament? ...lets see.

Region - Turlock -

Oni - Hmm I had fun
Bzrk - New comer and friend of mine Roy/Peach player, had fun w/ him in doubles =)

Region - Modesto -

Choknater - Great games dude.Your IceClimbers and Fox are coming up man.
Park - Crack head Yoshi strikes again.
Edy - Your link has improved alot. Great stuff.
Indian kid with the long name - Any admirer of Mr. Game n Watch is ok with me.

Region - Out of Towners -

Bob$ - Wow, Bob$ showed up. A bit intimidating but I hope Bob$ had fun taking our money =)
Zoap - We didnt get to play; but great seeing ya again.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yes! jimbo it'd be awesome to see the UCM guys there heheheh

perhaps we should kill the TGE thread and post in park's new thread ^_^ he's he new host after all.

!! BAKA !!

Smash Rookie
hello fellow californians, i need a biweekly for cali by the end of this week, and i cant find one, either its not updated or something.. cus i just read the first and last page ... n stuff. Im coming to cali this friday the 18th from minnesota so i get the feel of smashing with other smashers from out of state becuz mn is not well known in smashing... much.. i want to meet the dbr crew they r my heroez =) either or im going to see them at FC 10 if they are going, please pm me for a biweekly and if possible a phone #

park5150

Smash Ace
The Gaming Edge Died

The Red pill or the Blue pill
7/25/2007

The first thing we would like to do is thank many of the individuals who frequented us often and participated in our tournaments at our old location on Standiford. Honorable mention goes to:

Our first customer, member #1, Mike!

Nacho, Panda, Batman C, Superman C, Frumpy, Evil Meatwad, Mythman, Die4life, Joker, Brett, Stewiebaby, Thomas, Ruben, Sandman, DB, Jant, Gunslinger, WeaponX, Lionheart, Neo, Dingus, Bishop, Captain ****, Zack, Digi, Alex, Tariq, Johnny, DuckingisUseless, Al, The Dirty Deagle, WasabiSamurai, Deebotaku, Roger, Halley, Boi, Bubba, Idiot, Teak, George, gmoney, Fish, Crazyone, London, Bryant, CIR Snake 90, Nav, Zack, Mp5, Epoxyhead, and many many others.

Ahh yes, good times, good times, and a LOT of tournaments. 27 tournaments in 2006 alone, in fact! We'd also like to thank all of the Super Smash Brothers Melee participants for their enthusiastic support at both of our locations. You guys are gold.

The Gaming Edge is now closed permanently. We'd like to thank the many many individuals who have supported us throughout the past two years. We had the opportunity to see a lot of smiling faces and hear a lot of laughter. We'd like to extend our appreciation for those of you who made The Gaming Edge what it is with your wise suggestions and continued support

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah, that's from gamingedgegaming.com

good sht to them, we had some fun times, many tournaments. they built up Modesto, Ceres, and Turlock smash scenes from scratch. we met FTA there too, and had bay area visitors many times. those tournaments were too good. thanks TGE : )

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
Hi I was wondering where this tournament is. Is it in a buisness place or someones house because I might want to come but i have never been to a tournament hahaha =D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hey there. actually, the other thread called "yoshi town biweeklies" is the better thread for Modesto tournaments. post in there.

there won't be a tournament this weekend, but there will be one in Stockton at Play-N-Trade.

even if it's not a tournament, my house and probably jamie's (park) house are very open to visitors at any time, so just hit us up on AIM if you wanna smash.

Top Bottom