• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Modesto Tournament: FEB 10 *Park's House!* RESULTS!

Snap

Smash Ace
I'm sorry I wasn't able to come around earlier to address your concerns.

First off let me thank you guys for giving us the benefit of the doubt and requesting a tournament. In all honesty we weren't sure how things were going to turn out ourselves. We had get those tables and tvs in there and out of there the same day and I should have had the foresight to request that the landlord open that other door so people could enter and exit from both ways.

On a similar note, yes, our new venue is small. I think Park was pretty accurate in his first report to you guys before the tournament. Unfortunately, moving had become a necessity and we took the best available location. We can't change our location, nor is renting additional space elsewhere a viable or practical option. To be honest we were going to withhold from having Smash tournaments for quite a while until we could arrange a better setup.

That said, the future of Smash tournaments at TGE is entirely up to you. Now that you know firsthand what the situation will be similar to in the future, I think you can make a fair decision based on comfort level/demand. If you want them, we will host them so feel free to let us know either way.
not to hijack this thread but you totally didn't bring up anything about my missing ipod. i mean at least tell me if it's not there.

come on.

edit: I think the venue smelled like smoke.

SMOKE.

maybe it was the tattoo parlor across the hall.

also the bathroom has a foul-mouthed message on the wall about flushing the toilet. beware.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lolz i don't care how the venue is as long as there are tournaments in my home town. it's the only place i get to easily drive for smash these days. it's all good, yo. as long as tournaments are scheduled to happen, people will come to smash despite the venue. it's always been that way.

anyone who doesn't come because of a lackluster venue isn't fit to be called a competitive smasher!

tc1

Smash Lord
Not// necesicarily . - (sorry if i misspelled)

People will not come if the venue isnt good crowed smash conditions and small tournies are unfortunatly not going to attract any new smashers.

And the noobs that used to go wont becuase when the parents see were it is and what its connected to you really think they let them go play... SERIOUSLY.

I no the TGE probubly went through all the scenarios but do you truly think that making such a drastic move was alright i mean its there store but the customers are what made it what was..

Pros -
Good ol fashion nice TGE people there.
Gaming There Moderately fun
Not wasting space

Cons -
Smaller less extravegan venue
no STD
no big Tournies - meaning no good tournies meaning no smasher
Hard to find venue
No more relaxation = every 1s cramed
The appearance of the TGE now is less than half what it was (invitational wise)
No good food places
I'll just say more then unfriendly people outside the venue.'
Wild Bills Tatoo - need i say more
And plenty more
Basicly in my examination and buisness mind they stabbed they're selve's and unless they can rebound like get a sign . work out some lines with the tatto guy and get to work.. they'er done for .

I wish the TGE peopl the best of luck in doing what they can, I think even they realise this was not an inteligent move so there must be an inteligent reason why they did.

Oh and to snap/ - wow son 1st off your like what 20- 19. second the profanity in the bathroom. was not serious + they just moved there and it used to be wild bill's spot.
Aye spot were no 1 under 18 could go and seeing that you are over 18 .. seriously shut up,, Its not that serious i think us smashers curse more than that- you curse more then that !!!.. and if you are seriously offended go outside and take a walk.. Graffiti is worse than that . I dnt want to come off mean or disrepectfull.. I just think that , that didnt needed to be said..and it was bluntly saying wash your F***in hands .. I dont think you would complain if saw that every were you went to eat.. ???? Ahh HUUUhh// lol.. Were cool snap just seriously.. That was borderline gay of you posting such a thing as that// Its there venue they probubly know but they only own jsut the 2 rooms. Its probubly still WILD BILL'S .. and he doesnt look like the kinda person to comprimize..;;;;....

O yea dont correct me on gramar and spelling cause frankly IJDGAF

THE CHOZEN IS DONE SPREADING HIS KNOWLEDE IM OUT SUN//

L8

Snap

Smash Ace
Oh and to snap/ - wow son 1st off your like what 20- 19. second the profanity in the bathroom. was not serious + they just moved there and it used to be wild bill's spot.
Aye spot were no 1 under 18 could go and seeing that you are over 18 .. seriously shut up,, Its not that serious i think us smashers curse more than that- you curse more then that !!!.. and if you are seriously offended go outside and take a walk.. Graffiti is worse than that . I dnt want to come off mean or disrepectfull.. I just think that , that didnt needed to be said..and it was bluntly saying wash your F***in hands .. I dont think you would complain if saw that every were you went to eat.. ???? Ahh HUUUhh// lol.. Were cool snap just seriously.. That was borderline gay of you posting such a thing as that// Its there venue they probubly know but they only own jsut the 2 rooms. Its probubly still WILD BILL'S .. and he doesnt look like the kinda person to comprimize..;;;;....

are you serious?

i make a sarcastic remark about potty mouthed restrooms and you write me a FAT paragraph about how gay it was? i think everyone knows how much I cuss so I ASSUMED people would make the connection that it was a joke but I guess it was too advanced for you. i also don't see why a one line remark from me warrants a huge response from you. "seriously shut up its not that serious" ????? im not even making a deal about it, you are.

you're ridiculous.

tc1

Smash Lord
K... Uhm/// RAD.. I Thought i was talking to /// Snap// But ok.. I didnt say he couldnt say w/e the hell he wants// Explosion of dumb in your face.. HMMMM... Ok.. I guess..

Snap.. - Misunderstanding agin// Cause you cant read emotions or sarcasicm over the net/// And you didnt excentuate Your sarcasim like/

OOOOOOOOOKKKKKK O_O or.. Sure >.< iono./. maybe i read wrong sorta spur of the moment.// I was mostly talking about the venue.. It appeared that you were dissing it..

I dont think i ever said dont say those things.. I was just stating that it was gay.. I guess some people.. Jump to conclusions//----------> Rad// hmmm //

"god your typing is like an explosion of dumb in my face"

Never heard that 1.. B4. good job to you , you never cease 2 surprize me.. 1st NCT// Wit your giant santas elf costume//now i explode dumb in peoples/ FACES WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWOW..

Maaay beeee Ia shoould starrrrt taulking lyk tis her... And reaally xplode du du dumbness in peoples.. FACES>>
AHYUGK//// I didnt no.. you were his guardian.. Ill be sure to direct everything to you from now on.. .TANK U<<<>>>>>

SINCERELY<< THE ****** BOM???

Snap

Smash Ace
i guess for some people it's fun to make beef for no reason.

well that's enough nonsense for me. i will not put an ounce of energy into further responses.

tc1

Smash Lord
lol//

GG.. CRY PLEASE>> RAD SHULD NO IM JUST MESSING WIT IM>> HE WASL IKIE THGEY 1st COMPETITIVE SMASHER IVE EVER MET<< AT MONTERAY BAY 7 ,, HE GOT LIKE SECOND IN THE DS..MARIO CART THING>> PSH>>

AND WOW>> I THOUGHT I CLEARED IT UP>> IT WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING>> LOL>

I SOUND LIKE NK?/ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JR<< U ONLY UNDERSTAND ME CAUSE U TALK 2 GIRLS>> GIRLSWHO TEXT THATS Y.. LOL

TGE-Pixie

Smash Rookie
It would be safe to say that future tournaments will have a default limit of 16 players.

For one this encourages people to actually register BEFORE THE DAY OF the tournament.
(So for everyone who did it this time, thank you).
----
For another, more people will be willing to attend if they know there will be a full tournament.
----
Additionally, we can always make a wait list and if we get a waitlist of 16 people then we can have a full 32 player tournament. But I would say that 32 players would be the absolute maximum.
----

In a 32 player tournament scenario, the tournament would end later and people that lose in the loser's bracket would have to leave the building (there's no space for extra bodies). So it would be strictly a tournament with no casual playing.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
I'ma say it right now, that's balls. I say we pack as many people as possible and if people complain big freakin whoopdie doo.

Also. We could have segements to the tourney. First 16 people to play in brackets can enter the place. Then the next 16 people to enter the brackets and so on and so forth.

TGE-Pixie

Smash Rookie
Well, 32 people won't fit upstairs all at once. Also, a lot of people come from out of town and have nowhere to go. And it's pretty cold out right about now....

To Snap:
We have found the missing Ipod and we have replied to the email that was sent to us with the concern. If you want to allow PMs we can talk in more detail as it is a private issue.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
32 maximum is bad. Although you can have a moderately sized tournament, the 32 player limit will keep many players away, thereby simultaneously dropping both the skill and quanitity of entrants.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol tc1 it's not like people are going to consider all of those issues. in the end, it all comes down to whether or not someone wants to come down and smash with other people who have decided to go. sure, it's not going to attract any NEW smashers, but enough people already know about the staff and other smashers who are at every tournament (pauk and fta.) right now i just want to encourage people to go to the tournament on january 6th, because i know the turnout won't be huge, but it's good as long as a tournament is happening, which makes us all happy.

i'm cool with hot, small, sweaty rooms lol. every ncber knows about this. i guess the worst problem is the cigarette smoke, which bad-smelling and detrimental to our health. :D

but they have wii, and gears of war LOLALLOZLOZLOZOLOLZ!!!!!

EDIT: oh and to delphiki: the venue can barely hold 7-10 people in each room, and there are two. a 16-max is understandable. a 32-max, unfortunately, would be more than pushing it.

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
Le sigh. Nintendo King's a ****. He's moved past flaming me and onto Delphiki. QUICK NK. Flame me smore. <----HA. My attempt at being funny.

EDIT:Snapgasm. My 400's post.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I posted that somewhere like four days ago. Don't worry, it's safe. When will I be able to give it to you though? I don't think I'll be able to find a ride to Tyde's tomorrow, and I don't know if any buses go that way.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sooo, aside from people having other people's copies of smash... who's coming on the 6th lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol everyone's saying they're gonna win. maybe i should hop on the "i'm gonna win" bandwagon. *hops on the bandwagon* i'm gonna win this tournament

Tomi-X

Smash Lord
X_X *Was just "ZOMGLOLWTFPWNED"*

EDIT: Hey, ask DRGN how most of his cast of characters was single-handedly pwned by Falcon. Wait for the controller johns. Mwahaha.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I wuv you guys. this topic is full of joy after a day of work.

I shall see about going to this, but we will only go if we are guaranteed to have all 4(or5) ppl I bring get in. I dunno how that is done is there a prereg on their page?

Top Bottom