• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MITH3 - Melee in the Hold 3 - IMPULSE Circuit - Burnaby, BC

Metà

Smash Master
i guesssss i can change it to $10........

but the tourney's gonna be stacked anyway haha. if someone really wants to enter, i doubt that extra $5 would deter them. except you mike lol

Violence

Smash Lord
15 is pretty steep. That's usually more than people ask for at most locals I've been to, including the ones outside of BC.

I think 10 is a lot better. Try to consider that a lot of us are essentially giving our money to people. If we want to be a welcoming environment to new players, I'd rather not gouge their pockets to make a bigger pot.

I think the only people who this matters to is Washington, since they come all this way, and they usually finish in the money, we'd want to make it worth their while to come. If they had problems with a 10 dollar per person entry fee(I don't think this is the case), then we could talk about raising it.

That said, I'd be in favor of 10 dollars.

EDIT: Also I'd like to use MELEE FC stagelist, for practice and experimentation.

Metà

Smash Master
Good points. I changed the entrance fee for singles to 10. What Do you think about doubles?

I'm also considering adopting FC rules for the time being. If people don't like them, they can always agree to go MBR right?

:phone:

Violence

Smash Lord
Good points. I changed the entrance fee for singles to 10. What Do you think about doubles?

I'm also considering adopting FC rules for the time being. If people don't like them, they can always agree to go MBR right?

FC Rules: Yes, they can agree.

Doubles: 10 per person seems fine, we usually have a small bracket in favor of people playing friendlies anyways.

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
Michael says (11:35 PM):
evans jiggly puff
Daniel (smash) says (11:39 PM):
he sucks
Michael says (11:39 PM):
no
Michael says (11:39 PM):
evans puff *****
Daniel (smash) says (11:40 PM):
i dont think bc has really invincible players
good*
but not unbeatable*
Michael says (11:40 PM):
we got good players
yeah
Daniel (smash) says (11:41 PM):
thats for sure
i just think u guys aren't that good,even u guys play a lot
i dont even play and i dont see a difference in skill and stuff
Daniel (smash) says (11:42 PM):
the ones that really imprived through all this years
are u*
manuel
and evan a little bit
the rest suck ****
Michael says (11:43 PM):
but eric can 4 stock you
Michael says (11:43 PM):
LOL
Daniel (smash) says (11:43 PM):
no he can't
eric is good just because he has been playing with many people
he already knows all the mindgames
Daniel (smash) says (11:44 PM):
experience*
Daniel (smash) says (11:44 PM):
not because he is smart

Michael says (11:47 PM):
roby ***** you
Daniel (smash) says (11:47 PM):
he can beat me
Daniel (smash) says (11:48 PM):
but not ***** me
the first time we played
i won
and every time when i play
i dont even try

Metà

Smash Master
Well if there's FC ruleset or whatever then I wont enter, waste of time since everyone will counterpick me on ******** stages.
i tried playing some sets with this rulest, and we never ended up playing any janky stages lol. most of the time you won't have to deal with them, since everyone just strikes them anyway.

that and most players will just agree to use MBR rules anyway, so i don't see the big deal. if you're the better player, you will still win

EDIT: furthermore, you're fox. all you have to do is ban mute city and brinstar and boom, you've got an advantage on every other stage. if anything, this favours players like you. what are they going to counterpick you on? jungle japes? easy. rainbow cruise? holy **** easy. mushroom kingdom II????? god dammit fox shouldn't even be allowed there

DaZe

Smash Apprentice
I'll be coming for this for sure. Also, I hear talk that MadJ and Terrorbird will be showing up.

Metà

Smash Master
The strategist is actually significantly better than a couple years ago, only because you are allowed three bans instead of one. Remember when I used to be guaranteed either Brinstar or Mute City with Puff? Not under these rules lol

EDIT: however, I think I'll just be using MBR rules for this event, since they're going to be changing the FC rules soon.

FACEMAN

Smash Cadet
K so I wont be able to come to this one :<
I'm leaving for Kelowna on the 19th

But I expect Metahsis to get 1st in doubles

Metà

Smash Master
Ok, I just updated the OP with stage lists and schedule, make sure you check it out. What do people think about the PM stage list? Me and Daz made it up, we played a bunch of sets on it and we both agree it's pretty dope.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Ok, I just updated the OP with stage lists and schedule, make sure you check it out. What do people think about the PM stage list? Me and Daz made it up, we played a bunch of sets on it and we both agree it's pretty dope.
Drac's castle and rumble falls are pretty huge for singles I think, and why is yoshi's story counterpick?

Top Bottom