• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yeah, just speed up her tilts and I'll be happy. I'll even try to live with her laggy Smashes if it means I can throw out Ftilt safely!

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
They did speed up her tilts with the first 3ds patch but it really wasn't enough.

I'm kinda afraid they'll get rid of infinite light weight but hopefully palutena gets a bit of a buff to her tilts to make up for it in that case, honestly if utilt was a bit more reliable I'd use it a lot more.

Palutena amiibo is so round so kids don't get cut by her razor sharp hair, belt and wit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Finally got a new avy featuring one of my pretty snapshots, and my Pretty Palutena. :4palutena:

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
I hope they will reduce the ending lag of her d-smash, f-tilt and add more priority to her reflect like people will get stuck in it whenever they dash attack or run into her

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
You know what would be one hell of a buff?

Letting Palutena use her customs in For Glory. :p

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I just realized something. The Palutena amiibo comes out on my Birthday month. Hehe

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
I'm so glad I preordered my Palutena Amiibo as soon as I could, I just checked the EB games website and they're all already sold out on preorders online.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Hey my fellow Pallys, I got a new vid for you guys. Though not all of it is completely Palutena, it's a little highlight video I made with all my mains in Smash 4. Hope you guys like it. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgwy_ZRb0U4
Good kill on Fox with Mario's Cape, also I think Duck Hunt weren´t going to return in the Luigi's Mansion stage but was a great combo.

On the last battle is Warping really faster than running at that distance??

Good to see a fellow Robin and Lucina entusiast!

Also as always more than half of my characters are bottom tier at least in Japan at least Palutena has rised not that I mind of course

Toon Link: C Palutena: D and Robin, Lucina and Kirby: E funny enough my only A main Yoshi is not as funny to play with as Robin or Palutena, I haven't used him that much recently

Last edited:

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
Have not checked in here for a few months but with the incoming patch, I am hype~

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Good kill on Fox with Mario's Cape, also I think Duck Hunt weren´t going to return in the Luigi's Mansion stage but was a great combo.

On the last battle is Warping really faster than running at that distance??

Good to see a fellow Robin and Lucina entusiast!

Also as always more than half of my characters are bottom tier at least in Japan at least Palutena has rised not that I mind of course

Toon Link: C Palutena: D and Robin, Lucina and Kirby: E funny enough my only A main Yoshi is not as funny to play with as Robin or Palutena, I haven't used him that much recently
Ewwww, Kirby is at an E tier. My brother is not going to like that.

Anyway, what I did to duck hunt at the end was just me being a Trolutena.

I think warping is a bit faster than just simply running forward, but only by a little bit. The difference between running straight forward and warping is that my opponent won't know what I'm doing until after it's done. Plus, I can always warp back if I need to, so the tech helps out in those type of situations.

Now on to that tier list...........Why is Marth so low? Did....did I miss something? Sure he's not at his prime like how he was back in the melee days, but he is still a good character. *smh*

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Ewwww, Kirby is at an E tier. My brother is not going to like that.

Anyway, what I did to duck hunt at the end was just me being a Trolutena.

I think warping is a bit faster than just simply running forward, but only by a little bit. The difference between running straight forward and warping is that my opponent won't know what I'm doing until after it's done. Plus, I can always warp back if I need to, so the tech helps out in those type of situations.

Now on to that tier list...........Why is Marth so low? Did....did I miss something? Sure he's not at his prime like how he was back in the melee days, but he is still a good character. *smh*
I think all characters except maybe Zelda (due to terrible vs Diddy matchup and in general rush down characters, like many in the cast but ore extreme) are legit viable, it's just that all characters are so good so they put Marth low. Marth's fine but it wouldn't hurt to give him more help, especially since he struggles vs heavy projectile use since he's not that good at approaching

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Pit's less detailed.

[collapse=His better half is good though]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
@ Kevandre Kevandre
Aww, regular Pit needs more love, but he still looks adorable. I assume it's because of the wing colors is why they're so different.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
@ Kevandre Kevandre
Aww, regular Pit needs more love, but he still looks adorable. I assume it's because of the wing colors is why they're so different.
Yeah... I may revisit regular Pit at some point. I made him in the very beginning when I was sticking closer to the one color rule that DKCR used

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
If only we could use her customs on For Glory, she lacks of movement options with her default specials and I don't wanna lose with Palutena. That'd be a blasphemy. :smirk:

I'm excited for possible Palutena buffs. :)
Are you THAT AeroLink? I'm so proud of you, you really make her look top tier.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
In a hypothetical Uprising sequel, I'd die of glee if Palutena was a playable character.

Considering she went from "damsel in distress" to "wise mentor" to "narrative deuteragonist", it'd be the next logical evolution of her character. And who doesn't want to soar through the heavens annihilating the unrighteous with divine justice~?

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
I just faced someone on For Glory that was using a Palutena, and this dude was CRAZY!!!! :eek:
His play-style was very similar to that of AeroLink; he was even doing crazy things like ledge-trumping (cold steel), baiting, pivot grabbing and perfect pivoting! My goodness was that astonishing. I couldn't help but laugh all through the matches; it's just so funny how laughably bad I am. I even SDed a few times because I forgot that I even jumped. :laugh:

That was pretty cool though. :joyful:

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
In a hypothetical Uprising sequel, I'd die of glee if Palutena was a playable character.

Considering she went from "damsel in distress" to "wise mentor" to "narrative deuteragonist", it'd be the next logical evolution of her character. And who doesn't want to soar through the heavens annihilating the unrighteous with divine justice~?
I'd like to see multiple playable characters in the next Kid Icarus, both her and Viridi would be fun to play as.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'd like to see multiple playable characters in the next Kid Icarus, both her and Viridi would be fun to play as.
There's a glimpse of it in Uprising, with the Dark Pit mission in the latter half of the story. He plays exactly like Pit, of course, save for indefinite flight, but that mechanic could definitely be expanded upon in a sequel.

I imagine it'd be of a similar nature to the above example, i.e. the character is specific to the mission. It'd be amazing if you could choose your hero every mission - I think Pit, Pittoo, Palutena and Viridi are the most likely candidates, possibly introducing more characters depending on the scope of the game.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
There's a glimpse of it in Uprising, with the Dark Pit mission in the latter half of the story. He plays exactly like Pit, of course, save for indefinite flight, but that mechanic could definitely be expanded upon in a sequel.

I imagine it'd be of a similar nature to the above example, i.e. the character is specific to the mission. It'd be amazing if you could choose your hero every mission - I think Pit, Pittoo, Palutena and Viridi are the most likely candidates, possibly introducing more characters depending on the scope of the game.
Didn't he lose his infinite flight, and now has to rely on either the Lightning Chariot or Viridi to fly?
Even Smash reflects that with Pittoo having green glowing wings.

Also, playable goddesses would have to have their powers nerfed, otherwise fans would be asking why
Palutena doesn't just Glam Blast her enemies to oblivion.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Didn't he lose his infinite flight, and now has to rely on either the Lightning Chariot or Viridi to fly?
Even Smash reflects that with Pittoo having green glowing wings.
He does, though I was referring to that one mission in Uprising when I said "indefinite flight". I imagine that he'd play similarly to Pit in a hypothetical sequel and would be augmented by Viridi's blessing.

Also, playable goddesses would have to have their powers nerfed, otherwise fans would be asking why
Palutena doesn't just Glam Blast her enemies to oblivion.
Good point. I like the idea that they'd be playable for certain missions, in that case, in order to fight the really powerful enemies. Would also be an excuse to include some absurdly huge bosses. Hell, let's have full-on god-on-god rumbles! :3

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Playable Palutena would be a blessing. After Smash and seeing her abilities in Uprising (mostly noted the boss battle), it would definitely be nice to play as her. <3 I wouldn't mind a playable Phosphora as well. She'd be that shocking character that relatively any person that likes her or speedy characters would enjoy.

I still wish playable Palutena could happen when Pit's been captured and it's her turn to save him. So many possibilities.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm aware of that, I just don't really count it due to him playing just like Pit. I would love if a future game gave Pitoo his own abilities.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
A playable Palutena in a Kid Icarus game would be fun. I always did imagined that if they made a Kid Icarus Uprising 2, or something.

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
Admittedly, I never played Kid Icarus Uprising prior to getting Smash 3DS. After playing KI: U during the end of last year, I'm already looking foward to a sequel. It would awesome if you could play as someone other than Pit, especially Palu and Viridi X3.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Well Pallys, just 3 more days and we will finally get that new balance patch. I'm hoping for a change, and a good one at that. If there are any new changes I might have to make a vid on that.

Who knows? Maybe this new patch might actually make Heavenly Light more useful!
Hahahaha hahaha...ha.........

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well Pallys, just 3 more days and we will finally get that new balance patch. I'm hoping for a change, and a good one at that. If there are any new changes I might have to make a vid on that.

Who knows? Maybe this new patch might actually make Heavenly Light more useful!
Hahahaha hahaha...ha.........
And it sounds like potential to get some Pally ditto matches recorded after them patches happen. o:
Hope for the best, and hope it's on the Wii U too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom