• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yeah, so far, I found a set to balance out those Stat changes. I don't really like increasing the character's stats or anything. Kinda throws me off. Plus, I want to keep it as close to the original stats as possible. But sure, we can have some matches. Maybe not today, (going to be playing monster hunter 4 with my brother and cousin) but someday soon. I'll be looking forward to it. :)
My Crasher set just has some improved speed, which actually helps. It takes away D-throw > U-air, but it has much more kinds of ways of killing in return.
I guess I aint the on'y one with Monster Hunter. And you got a deal. I just want my legacy to have me some victories here and there than none at all.

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
I'm gonna keep this quiet.

but you can hold shield and spot dodge the last part of explosive flame

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
While playing as Pally today, I notice something odd. When Palutena runs off a ledge and you use bair immediately afterwards, Palutena will actually jump instead. It's her back jump animation, with a double jump still being an option.

It's nothing serious, just a funny bug. I don't really think it would have much of a purpose considering three factors.

1. It's very hard to pull off. You have to be very, very quick to pull it off.

2. Your probably better off just jumping regularly since both will have the same effect.

3. It doesn't really offer anything that couldn't normally be done before. If I want to jump, than I could've easily done that.

Unless by some means this could later serve a purpose in some form of a cancel, than I would have stand corrected, but at the moment, there's nothing really going for it.

Still thought I should share this though.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
While playing as Pally today, I notice something odd. When Palutena runs off a ledge and you use bair immediately afterwards, Palutena will actually jump instead. It's her back jump animation, with a double jump still being an option.

It's nothing serious, just a funny bug. I don't really think it would have much of a purpose considering three factors.

1. It's very hard to pull off. You have to be very, very quick to pull it off.

2. Your probably better off just jumping regularly since both will have the same effect.

3. It doesn't really offer anything that couldn't normally be done before. If I want to jump, than I could've easily done that.

Unless by some means this could later serve a purpose in some form of a cancel, than I would have stand corrected, but at the moment, there's nothing really going for it.

Still thought I should share this though.
It sounds neat and cool but it actually sounds more problematic then helpful, what if I want to run off bair for a stage spike? When you performed it was it really timing specific and could you do it consecutively and consistently?

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
It sounds neat and cool but it actually sounds more problematic then helpful, what if I want to run off bair for a stage spike? When you performed it was it really timing specific and could you do it consecutively and consistently?
Oh it is very time specific. Tbh, you only have a shot a performing it If you are actually trying to, but even than it's difficult. So I'm sure it won't serve as a problem. After all, all this time I have been playing the game never once did I run into. I only found it out today after being in training mode with the speed set to 1/4.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Can Palutena counter Little Mac's KO Punch? I always fail trying to do so and I'm really starting to wonder if it's actually possible-

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Can Palutena counter Little Mac's KO Punch? I always fail trying to do so and I'm really starting to wonder if it's actually possible-
She can't; unblockable attacks can't be countered. Fortunately she has one of the few counters with invincibility, so she potentially won't be damaged by the punch for trying.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
I only did a little bit of experimenting with mac's KO punch when the game first came out but if you try to counter the punch I think nullifies it, as in neither does damage. This was with Lucina's counter not Palutena and was over 5 months ago now so I don't completely remember.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
I thought the picture was Palutena using her pole as a guitar until I zoomed in and now I'm disappointed it's not.

Burigu

Smash Ace
After fooling around with the tech for awhile, the practice was definitely worth it. It's tricky, but after a while, it becomes somewhat easy. Sort of like Warp canceling, though if you mess up, you aren't punished for it. I still think I'm going to stick with warp though, but it's just nice to find new things about Palutena, which in turn, can give birth to different Palu-Styles. That I most Heavenly welcome.

Unfortunately, I still haven't found much use for Heavenly Light though. Sadly, I don't think we ever will.

As for a video on the jump glide tech, I could probably cover that, however, I am currently away from my recording equipment, and probably won't be able to make the video until about 4:00PM EST
Thank you very much you never fail to give an easy explanation to this kind of stuff, by the way her hand actually grab the ledge or it's facing the other side like the rest of her body, I am asking because I couldn't tell in the video, if she is grabbing the ledge that means devs actually cared to program a situation when you could grab the ledge backwards, mmm I am not sure if I am making me clear here, so I hope you understand what I mean.

I would make a video... if I had the equipment and was in America rn :p

Oh that would be awesome
And warp definitely has a lot of pros
The reason I think jump glide will become more common later on doesn't have to do with this tech tho, just being able to get another opportunity to use an aerial like up air to go for those early lightweight grab 50-deaths
Also I've been trying to think of uses for Heavenly Light and I haven't tried it yet but on something like smashville maybe she could use it for some like hit and run technique when combined with lightweight, super speed, b reverses, and momentum saving. Idk how affective it would be I'm just hoping it doesn't stay useless
Edit

1312 is the way to start with Palutena. I'd recommend that to any trying custom tuna. I still mostly use it even tho ik eventually I wanna use a different set
Thank you anyway for the reply I really appreciate it.

ON another subject how many foes have you defeated in Cruel Smash with Palutena?? my personal record is 7

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Thank you very much you never fail to give an easy explanation to this kind of stuff, by the way her hand actually grab the ledge or it's facing the other side like the rest of her body, I am asking because I couldn't tell in the video, if she is grabbing the ledge that means devs actually cared to program a situation when you could grab the ledge backwards, mmm I am not sure if I am making me clear here, so I hope you understand what I mean.
Thanks. I understand what you mean. Unfortunately no, her hand is facing the opposite way just like the rest of her body. Would have been nice though.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Thanks. I understand what you mean. Unfortunately no, her hand is facing the opposite way just like the rest of her body. Would have been nice though.
I kind of suspected that would be the case, then I hope people can play with this tech and not get patched I have hope since the infinite Lightweight is still in.

Thank you!

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
The activity here is real. :o
Wow! That is so cool! It's funny because I rarely encounter Palutena on FG. So far, I haven't seen her in a couple of weeks. But seeing this, wow, just wow. I also feel like I'm the only one using her, at least on FG.
Same here. Especially with all of the Links, Little Macs, and Captain Falcons running around. Strangely, all of the characters I play as are pretty rare to come across unless you group TLink with Link.

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
Strangely, all of the characters I play as are pretty rare to come across unless you group TLink with Link.
Same here, and that's what makes us distinguishable...sort of. :laugh:

But I've pretty much faced every character that isn't Palutena, for the most part.

Last edited:

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I am having the most trouble killing with Defaultena. I keep having matches where I start out great with a huge percent lead then my opponent catches up while I struggle to get the hard read I need for a kill.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
There's nothing to really fix Palutena's mediocre ability to KO, yeah she's got the moves to do it..... but they're all really hard to hit. The best strat I've found is upon grabbing a ledge dropping and uairing them at the ledge if they're not shielding but good luck killing with that.

Try tricking conditioned opponents who know to air dodge the follow up uair and hitting them with a usmash and if they start realizing you're doing that just wait that out. It's actually really easy to do, I grabbed my friend 3 times in a row because they got past both the uair and usmash but weren't expecting the grab, not really great for killing unless they're high enough to be killed by uthrow but it's something.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Hey guys. I have been doing some thinking, and I have decided to drop Palutena. I don't see a future for her. She deserves the placement she is as "bottom tier". I even decided to drop my main since the very beginning of Smash Mario as well. I think both of them are garbage.

In their stead, I decided to pick up Diddy for now on. Along with Diddy, I will also main Sheik as well. Tiers are everything, and I suggest you Pallys do the same.

~Former Palutena player, kmpyj

Palutena days: 09/12/14 - 04/1/15

Last edited:

NovemberMan

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I have been doing some thinking, and I have decided to drop Palutena. I don't see a future for her. She deserves the placement she is as "bottom tier". I even decided to drop my main since the very beginning of Smash Mario as well. I think both of them are garbage.

In their stead, I decided to pick up Diddy for now on. Along with Diddy, I will also main Sheik as well. Tiers are everything, and I suggest you Pallys do the same.

Yup, April Fool's day.

Last edited:

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

I came this close to tracking you down and slapping you with a wet fish.

Then I kek'd most profusely.

Dinoman96

Smash Master

Woo woo woo, I'M GONNA FART

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

My X-ray specs see through your trickery on April Fool's! :4palutena:

In other news, Palutena Amiibo coming in July! Idk if I'll get her though only because Pit hasn't had much compatible roles as an amiibo, and I fear Palutena will be the same, or even less.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
I thought about that and accepted it, at least having a cool palutena figurine is enough. She even has her halo!

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I few things that got me during that direct (Smash Related):

1. Mewtwo: (Yes, Yes, YES!!)

2. *During Mewtwo's trailer*: "Mewtwo!! Keep your psycho hands off my Palu!!!"

*Some random guy* "But Zelda got hit too."

Me: ...............

3. Palutena Amiibo: "eeeeeee" :)

4. Lucas: "Cool............more Smash Characters!!" *Cough* Isaac *Cough* Hades *Cough*

5. Balance Changes: ".............will this make Heavenly Light more useful Daddy Sakurai?"

6. Smash Bros Fighter Ballot: "Why do I have this feeling people are going to Spam Ridley?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I few things that got me during that direct (Smash Related):

1. Mewtwo: (Yes, Yes, YES!!)

2. *During Mewtwo's trailer*: "Mewtwo!! Keep your psycho hands off my Palu!!!"

*Some random guy* "But Zelda got hit too."

Me: ...............

3. Palutena Amiibo: "eeeeeee" :)

4. Lucas: "Cool............more Smash Characters!!" *Cough* Isaac *Cough* Hades *Cough*

5. Balance Changes: ".............will this make Heavenly Light more useful Daddy Sakurai?"

6. Smash Bros Fighter Ballot: "Why do I have this feeling people are going to Spam Ridley?
I said the same thing about #2, and Mewtwo is so gonna get it for hurting Pretty Palutena! Needs more Palutena Amiibo. I have no general interest in Lucas, and I hope the balance changes will buff Palutena well. :(
Meh. I'm cautious of the dangers.

Burigu

Smash Ace
So finally a Palutena amiibo, to be honest I am unsure if I can afford everything Nintendo is throwing at me, to much stuff and no money, also a new patch?? this is Sakurai guys, best posible scenario she gets buffed, worst she is nerfed and most probable she is left as she is.

Jahranimo

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I don't post much (or at all really, only posted once lol) but I do wanna chime in here.

I hope they speed up her ftilt and utilt a bit. That's all I really ask for Vanilla Palutena.

Top Bottom