• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I didn't realize before that the stages the characters are grouped around on the table are probably the stages you fight them on. That's a neat touch.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'm kinda digging this classic mode. They're even doing that Rival thing I wanted them to do. Too bad it's no Adventure mode or anything but it looks neat.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
While I really just wanna see Mewtwo or get some music, I think even random "funny" pics would be better than just going over the same thing...again. The Extravagenza was a lot of news and now we're just waiting! We got lots of news, I think most of us are alright with nothing new for a bit, but knowing the DHD trailer is in the future and there's no need to stress about making pics of the day informative without revealing anything new. Theyre just boring that way. So yeah, snore, hope we don't get many more redundant pics... I can't imagine a single person who refuses to watch the 50-Fact event but still awaits the pics, I assume thats the audience this week's pics have been accounting for.

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
While I really just wanna see Mewtwo or get some music, I think even random "funny" pics would be better than just going over the same thing...again. The Extravagenza was a lot of news and now we're just waiting! We got lots of news, I think most of us are alright with nothing new for a bit, but knowing the DHD trailer is in the future and there's no need to stress about making pics of the day informative without revealing anything new. Theyre just boring that way. So yeah, snore, hope we don't get many more redundant pics... I can't imagine a single person who refuses to watch the 50-Fact event but still awaits the pics, I assume thats the audience this week's pics have been accounting for.
You very accurately described me. I'm currently offshore with limited internet, so I haven't yet seen the video. Needless to say, today's pic confuses the hell out of me. Is each cluster of enemies supposed to be a different fight? Rival? No multi-man, or metal man, giant, etc? I see some have modification icons, but that's it..

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"Pic of the day. Classic mode in the Wii U version is set up like a battle coliseum with multiple fighters teamed up with each other. Move your trophy and join in anywhere you want. You can see faint images of stages on the platform--the number of fighters clustered on those images indicates the number of fighters you'll face. As you can see, this feature leverages the fact that the game supports multiplayer with up to eight players."

Edit:
"After each battle, the fighters that lost get blown away!! The fighters remaining on the field will once again team up with other fighters on the field. You can actually choose fighters you've blown away to join your team in team battles. A rival will always appear in this mode, and the longer that character survives, the stronger it will get."

----

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
After each battle, the fighters that lost get blown away!! The fighters remaining on the field will once again team up with other fighters on the field. You can actually choose fighters you've blown away to join your team in team battles. A rival will always appear in this mode, and the longer that character survives, the stronger it will get.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
"Pic of the day. Classic mode in the Wii U version is set up like a battle coliseum with multiple fighters teamed up with each other. Move your trophy and join in anywhere you want. You can see faint images of stages on the platform--the number of fighters clustered on those images indicates the number of fighters you'll face. As you can see, this feature leverages the fact that the game supports multiplayer with up to eight players."

Edit:
"After each battle, the fighters that lost get blown away!! The fighters remaining on the field will once again team up with other fighters on the field. You can actually choose fighters you've blown away to join your team in team battles. A rival will always appear in this mode, and the longer that character survives, the stronger it will get."

----
After each battle, the fighters that lost get blown away!! The fighters remaining on the field will once again team up with other fighters on the field. You can actually choose fighters you've blown away to join your team in team battles. A rival will always appear in this mode, and the longer that character survives, the stronger it will get.
Does he really think we didn't watch the direct? Why not show us some of the codecs on Palutena's temple, Lylat Cruise, and Orbital Gate Assault? I'd love to hear the codecs.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
Ah, "Classic" Mode...

...Anyone remember when Classic Mode was actually "Classic"? Seriously, arcade mode this not. Why didn't they give it a different name?
Exactly what I thought when this was first announced. I'm perfectly fine with this mode, but they should have kept Classic Mode the way it was....well with some minor improvements.

In 64 it was the same thing every time you played it. Melee changed it up a bit by removing "board the platforms" and having the opponents be randomized, so it was a different experience every time you played it. Then Brawl took out "Race to the Finish", ruined "Break the Targets" and went back to the repetitive selection that 64 had. Now we have a mode that barely even resemble classic mode....and "Break the Targets" is now Angry Birds.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Trophies are a lot more prominent in this game, aren't they?
I'd say that started in Brawl, with the whole SSE thing. If it weren't for the direct, this mode would have been hella complicated to understand, I'll miss the simplicity in the old classic (contradicting huh).

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ya guys this is filler because we totally knew that you can choose your team battle teammates from the enemies you defeated in classic mode :glare:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Complains that brawl was too random and casual,wants old classic mode back...

YES,I AM A JERK!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Interesting info on classic

So fighters you beat can tag team with you i like that idea because im aick of fighting gianta alone in brawl so now i will have co-ops ready for those duels.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
You sure about that?
Yup. A new "funny" pic would be better than the same thing again, I think. Not saying thats what I want, just sayin, somethin new but not especially informative is better than what we already know repeated, at least in my opinion.
But I guess some people haven't been able to see the video yet, so these must be great for them! Brief summary, in classic you cruise toward whatever cluster ya want and fight a bunch of people, I think the smaller groups'll have metal and giant and teams and all that, maybe the bigger groups can have a team of 3 or 4 versus two giants, some media has played classic all the way through, so the info has to be out there.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So uh... yeah... PotD soon... anyone excited...?
Not really unless I see something that has to do with ?__? I won't say it cause Sakurai's watching ( probably)
I actually looked at all the pics he showed after the first direct, and they were more interesting than the ones we're getting now mainly because they technically had ? - ? (Won't say it until the pic is up). Jigglypuff on the site maybe, but that's about it.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
@BluePikmin11

That background is to die for. If only it were a playable stage, but I guess Gaur Plain will be the closest thing. :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, at least he didn't made a "Pull my finger" joke too....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
NOM NOM NOM!

I hope we get music and/or fighters.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So, the mighty Luigi Nose will be overthrown by the smelly and bitter finger of Sable?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We likely won't get Jigglypuff until Duck Hunt Dog...
The unlockable characters have been updating two at a time and I don't think DHD necessarily has to be shown in a direct. Shulk's reveal was basically an extra PotD for non-Japanese players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom