• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wouldn't be surprised if the next POTD is about modes again. After all the game's around the corner. I just prefer more info on team Skyworld, and new costumes. Let's see what we get.
Well, I was half right... The customization menu for Smash Run mode...
But seriously, I want to see some costumes or something. -_-

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, I was half right... The customization menu for Smash Run mode...
But seriously, I want to see some costumes or something. -_-
In my not so humble opinion, we DID get a costume. One for Mii Fighters! I do not believe that we have seen the Karate Uniform yet. I am actually quite excited about that.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Wouldn't be surprised at all if these mundane pics are a response to the recent events.

I honestly don't expect anything of substance besides the final reveal trailer. No matter what, I'll be satisfied.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Maybe he's intentionally giving us boring pics. Ever since the you know what they've been less exciting.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
On another note, I'm glad there's a way to test your customization choices, would be really tedious if you had to go into a match to test it.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
*grumble grumble* The only Mii costume I'd be interest in would be an Alice in Wonderland styled one.
So I can have an American McGee's Alice Mii. *grumble grumble*

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
In my not so humble opinion, we DID get a costume. One for Mii Fighters! I do not believe that we have seen the Karate Uniform yet. I am actually quite excited about that.
Actually, the Karate costume has shown up before in one of the massive pic dumps so...Yeah.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Maybe he's intentionally giving us boring pics. Ever since the you know what they've been less exciting.
I am honestly not seeing the problem. These pictures are no less interesting than the hundreds we have gotten throughout the year of speculation. I mean, we cannot get a stage or assist trophy every day.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Doubt it as Sakurai posted content similar to this on the Brawl Dojo leading up to the Japanese release of Brawl with the 1/31/08 update being a picture of the default CSS screen of all things along with some of Sakurai's "witty" comments about the options you have before starting up a match.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I think the biggest issue is one that has appeared a number of times throughout the short history of the potd. Variety. There was a time I complained about too many Zelda items, there was the Miis after E3, the Kid Icarus series has had it on and off and now we keep seeing menus.

You don't just put a mountain of pepper on your food and then a mountain of salt, you do a small mix of each...that's a ****ing weird analogy, I'm going to bed.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I am honestly not seeing the problem. These pictures are no less interesting than the hundreds we have gotten throughout the year of speculation. I mean, we cannot get a stage or assist trophy every day.
I guess they're better than trophy pics. But still, this week's been pretty boring.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Coincidentally I was after anything but the Miis. I was mainly after... *insert comment bout Pit/Palutena content here* ...and although I'm not interested in the characters, we haven't seen costumes for Pac-Man or Robin yet (not counting the female version). Pretty much I'm after costumes and custom specials.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Snore!

Well Miis can wear little gis. That's kinda neato.

If you can make an orange one, the fanboys can make their own Goku and then shut the hell up forever.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
The week seems really lame primarily because of the leaks, but even without the leaks it'd still have been boring. None of the info is truly new, it's just visual representations of things we've sorta seen or knew about already, officially.

I'm assuming Sakurai's just getting this stuff out of the way, and then pulling out some last minute excitement via a video or direct right before Japanese release.

Honestly, people shouldn't be expecting characters or stages from this point on.

With the leak in mind, we have 24 out of 34 (or 35?) stages. I'm assuming some or all of the remaining 10 are secret.

And the ONLY character we'll probably get (if any) is Wario, to finish off the starting roster. This would give us around 33-35 starters (Since Luigi, Lucina, and the 3rd parties may/may not be secret, but special cases) and 14-16 secret characters. This is ignoring Mii Fighters & if this is not the full roster.

I mean, I honestly think this is about it for big reveals until a complete leak and/or a Direct/Video.

We know all the modes, officially (but haven't seen All-Star, but we know how it may work unofficially).
We know all the side things like Customization, Trophies, Challenges, Music, etc.
We've seen a lot of the menus. We know most, if not all of the attacks via the site or Famitsu.

The only thing we don't really know is the Final Smashes for Peach, Diddy, Dedede & Lucina and what that weird minigame is with the top-down view of tops spinning at each other.

So all that is really left, before shifting gears to Wii U news is that stuff, more trophies, more Assists/Pokemon, clarifying a few items we've already seen, more menus we haven't seen yet and if Sakurai wants to show off costumes.

Last edited:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Essientially, if they were bogus I'd imagine he'd of dismissed them by now. He has nothing to say probably because he's disappointed
Well, I think SilverEra meant because the pics have directly confirmed other pictures in the Imgur leaks.

Even though Spectator Mode (and the Omega symbol, via the Dutch site) had been shown before briefly, we'd never seen "Omega Form/Mode" in-game before the leaks, and then Sakurai showed it in a PotD. The Spectator Mode pics in the leak AND the PotD also had the same Miis (in a different order).

Following that, he showed the first screenshot of the "Challenges" page (we saw the icon/knew they were there on the Menu screen, but never saw it until the other day) and it matches perfectly with the pic showing it off in the leaks.

So those two pics confirmed the Imgur leaks, which shared images of the same Dark Pit, Wario, Shulk & Ganondorf art as well as the same Stage Select screen from the previous leaks, thus validating them.

So, as it stands, all of the visual leaks have literally been confirmed and there's no going back now. The only thing not truly validated is the text stuff, but even then, the one completely matched with the footage of Shulk & Bowser Jr., so it's probably right.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
The week seems really lame primarily because of the leaks, but even without the leaks it'd still have been boring. None of the info is truly new, it's just visual representations of things we've sorta seen or knew about already, officially.

I'm assuming Sakurai's just getting this stuff out of the way, and then pulling out some last minute excitement via a video or direct right before Japanese release.

Honestly, people shouldn't be expecting characters or stages from this point on.

With the leak in mind, we have 24 out of 34 (or 35?) stages. I'm assuming some or all of the remaining 10 are secret.

And the ONLY character we'll probably get (if any) is Wario, to finish off the starting roster. This would give us around 33-35 starters (Since Luigi, Lucina, and the 3rd parties may/may not be secret, but special cases) and 14-16 secret characters. This is ignoring Mii Fighters & if this is not the full roster.

I mean, I honestly think this is about it for big reveals until a complete leak and/or a Direct/Video.

We know all the modes, officially (but haven't seen All-Star, but we know how it may work unofficially).
We know all the side things like Customization, Trophies, Challenges, Music, etc.
We've seen a lot of the menus. We know most, if not all of the attacks via the site or Famitsu.

The only thing we don't really know is the Final Smashes for Peach, Diddy, Dedede & Lucina and what that weird minigame is with the top-down view of tops spinning at each other is.
I can confirm that the 3DS stage roster has 34 stages -- 4 shared with the Wii U (Battlefield, FD, Boxing Ring, Wily's Castle), 20 of them unique to the 3DS, and 10 classic stages.

Of the 3DS-exclusives, we still have Magicant (Mother), a SNES F-Zero stage (likely Mute City), and Gaur Plain (Xenoblade). There's also the "Gameboy" stage, which is in fact a Kirby stage (though this stage has been acknowledged in POTD). Of the Classic Stages, we still have Corneria from Melee, and Mushroomy Kingdom, WarioWare, Distant Planet, Pictochat, and Flat Zone 2 from Brawl (for 6 total). Yoshi's Island (Brawl) was revealed alongside the ESRB leak videos.

So we indeed still have 10 stages to be officially acknowledged (along with clarifying the nature of the known Gameboy stage).

Wario is the last Veteran yet to be confirmed who will likely be on the Starter Roster, but I'd also expect at least Shulk to be revealed in the final pre-launch Newcomer trailer (so we might see Gaur Plain before launch after all). WarioWare might be shown indirectly through Wario's photo gallery. All other characters and stages I expect to be acknowledged post-launch.

One thing we haven't seen at all for the 3DS (to my knowledge) is the Stage Creator. Is it on the 3DS, and if so, what are its features? Or is Stage Creator exclusive to the Wii U? I'd like some info on that before launch, at the least.

As for the Wii U, chances are it will also have 34 stages as per the 4-20-10 distribution, and we're currently at 4-14-1 (so we have 15 stages total left, 6 U-exclusive and 9 Classic). So there's still some Wii U stages to tide us over until November-December. 8D

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Well, I think SilverEra meant because the pics have directly confirmed other pictures in the Imgur leaks.

Even though Spectator Mode (and the Omega symbol, via the Dutch site) had been shown before briefly, we'd never seen "Omega Form/Mode" in-game before the leaks, and then Sakurai showed it in a PotD. The Spectator Mode pics in the leak AND the PotD also had the same Miis (in a different order).

Following that, he showed the first screenshot of the "Challenges" page (we saw the icon/knew they were there on the Menu screen, but never saw it until the other day) and it matches perfectly with the pic showing it off in the leaks.

So those two pics confirmed the Imgur leaks, which shared images of the same Dark Pit, Wario, Shulk & Ganondorf art as well as the same Stage Select screen from the previous leaks, thus validating them.

So, as it stands, all of the visual leaks have literally been confirmed and there's no going back now. The only thing not truly validated is the text stuff, but even then, the one completely matched with the footage of Shulk & Bowser Jr., so it's probably right.
Could you PM me a link to that text leak? The one that matched the footage? Please.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
Hmmm interesting. At least we have music to look forward to every other day or MWF! Just waiting for the Punch Out!! Music :)

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Moldy Clay Moldy Clay
No forum is safe from your giant Posts, are they? XD

Anywho, while these pics are interesting in some ways, I can't get very excited for them. I know the 3DS version is soon out, but I'd really love a neat new Wii-U stage.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I actually would really like seeing all these menu pics...if it wasn't for the leak.

The menu designs of all these different things really interest me. It's just the leak spoiled it for me. Oh well. At least Sakurai's comments have some interesting tidbits usually.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The comment about "characters sounding better than fighters" has me curious. As if it has some deeper meaning.
I found that oddly specific as well, however, I am pretty sure he is just referring to the fact most characters in the game aren't natively "fighters".

Also, it may just be that the word "characters" is attractive to him, which is understandable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This week is leading to something big

Like the reveal of a menu based character

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I can confirm that the 3DS stage roster has 34 stages -- 4 shared with the Wii U (Battlefield, FD, Boxing Ring, Wily's Castle), 20 of them unique to the 3DS, and 10 classic stages..
Yeah, I saw them all. The reason I wrote 35 and a ? was because there's space for 1 more stage on the select screen. So, in case there was another one that, for some reason, wasn't shown to ESRB.

@ Moldy Clay Moldy Clay
No forum is safe from your giant Posts, are they? XD
Just regurgitating info.

Could you PM me a link to that text leak? The one that matched the footage? Please.
Pretty sure it's on here in the Leak discussion forum, or even in the first page of the "Potential Leak Roster" whatever topic on the 3DS board here. It's also linked to on SmashWiki on the Leak page. It's the Ninka/Vaanrose leak.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Look at the bright side guys, these "semi-fillers" could be intented to lead to some huge announcement in the form of a trailer or a Direct.

Or maybe not...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Idk why people are so desperate to see the vet's that were in the leak, it's not like they are going anywhere.
They want more verification the leak is legit probably

or to see their new artwork or if their moves have changed

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I don't care about filler too much, I just wanted a Wii U screen. Sakurai said it himself, bloated 3DS pics look ugly. If we get Wii U filler, at least it's pretty filler.

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
Maybe all this "boring" pics are leading to an announcement tomorrow. A character trailer for monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom