• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I don't care about filler too much, I just wanted a Wii U screen. Sakurai said it himself, bloated 3DS pics look ugly. If we get Wii U filler, at least it's pretty filler.
Keep in mind that Sakurai is most likely delivering 3DS potds because it would be the logic thing to do since it's coming out in like 2 weeks.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Snore all you want guys, it won't change the menu/interface pic of tomorrow.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Idk why people are so desperate to see the vet's that were in the leak, it's not like they are going anywhere.
Potential moveset changes, seeing their HD models and full renders. Personally I just want Jigglypuff so I can update my signature.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
While we sort of knew how the customization worked, seeing a clearer image of the interface is appreciated.

If there is a reveal in the Direct tomorrow, it likely means an actual filler pic with a caption to tune into the Direct. Otherwise, I could see another menu to have a consistent week, but when is Sakurai ever that predictable? I could see a veteran reveal if there is no/little Smash in the Direct.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
While we sort of knew how the customization worked, seeing a clearer image of the interface is appreciated.

If there is a reveal in the Direct tomorrow, it likely means an actual filler pic with a caption to tune into the Direct. Otherwise, I could see another menu to have a consistent week, but when is Sakurai ever that predictable? I could see a veteran reveal if there is no/little Smash in the Direct.
Call me crazy, but I don't think Nintendo will give up opportunities to highlight a new game coming within a couple of weeks after the Direct. ESPECIALLY a game like Smash Brothers. They'll most likely spend a neat section going over Smash.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But will a character trailer be in it?

I mean it has to be for both versions.
I don't see why not

The 3DS version is being released first

I see no reason why they couldn't show a trailer

It'd probably show Wii U clips but it would still hype up for the close release of smash 3DS

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The Direct tomorrow could explain why this week has been underwhelming but my expectations are still low. I'm still crying in my beer over the potential loss of the Ice Climbers so unless something is shown that wasn't in the leak, it'll be hard to get excited for the Direct.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Not sure why everybody thinks this is some filler update. This is pretty huge, considering it points to some sort of KIU fusion system in SSB4. See the three slots for abilities? There's positive modifiers and negative ones alia KIU. Looks like Sakurai simplified the system for SSB4.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Not sure why everybody thinks this is some filler update. This is pretty huge, considering it points to some sort of KIU fusion system in SSB4. See the three slots for abilities? There's positive modifiers and negative ones alia KIU. Looks like Sakurai simplified the system for SSB4.
Most of us consider it kinda filler because most of this stuff was known already.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that we got something that's not a menu on Friday, even if it's some minor info on a confirmed character, the lack of actual gameplay screenshots this week is really throwing me off, leak aside.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
This is the last potd I can stay up for and I might not even stay up for it. Hopefully it'll be something good. Even if it's just a picture saying 'check out the Direct that talks about the 3DS'. That would at least confirm that it has some relation to smash and if it hasn't already been confirmed then it would confirm that the Direct isn't just for the Japanese.

If not that then it'll either be Pichu or crap.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm pretty sure it's more 3DS menu or mode stuff. It's coming out in Japan pretty soon.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Guys... are we really going to expect a character tonight in the Potd? Think about it.

The potd gets shown at 3-4pm in Japan

the direct is at 8pm in Japan

Why would they show the new character BEFORE the direct? And even if you all are thinking a vet, WHY would they show a vet when a newcomer gets revealed, possibly alongside a vet? Yeah, the PotD isn't going to be a character.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I was ganna say that if we didn't get a direct announcement with this pic, we probably wouldn't get a direct at all, but uh, it's already been announced which is cool. Maybe Smash will be the last thing talked about and it'll have various modes and then a trailer with Duck Hunt Dog showing off a Duck Hunt stage on the Wii U version maybe.

Wonder what today's pic will be? I'll get really excited if Sakurai mentions the direct though, cause that is the one pattern we can believe in: whenever he mentions to watch something a character is shown! Ooh I really wanna see Duck Hunt Dog in action and that's just the kind of announcement to get everyone hype and wanting to buy the game RIGHT NOW again!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It's time for some character hype! And you can't accuse me of overhyping today, because it's a Friday PotD.

If we don't get a music update of some sort tomorrow, I will eat a hat. For real, I will video tape myself eating it and send it to you guys.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It's time for some character hype! And you can't accuse me of overhyping today, because it's a Friday PotD.

If we don't get a music update of some sort tomorrow, I will eat a hat. For real, I will video tape myself eating it and send it to you guys.
I can't wait to see a video of you eating a hat if there is no music update.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Trust me, I won't need to. There WILL be a music update.
Ok, guys, better idea. How about I make it either a character reveal OR a music update. Is it okay if I change it that?
Well it's up to you if you want to take the chance. None of us know for sure if there will be a music or character update.

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
Guys... are we really going to expect a character tonight in the Potd? Think about it.

The potd gets shown at 3-4pm in Japan

the direct is at 8pm in Japan

Why would they show the new character BEFORE the direct? And even if you all are thinking a vet, WHY would they show a vet when a newcomer gets revealed, possibly alongside a vet? Yeah, the PotD isn't going to be a character.
Why would there be a newcomer in the direct? The last 3DS direct didn't show any new character.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Why would there be a newcomer in the direct? The last 3DS direct didn't show any new character.
Because Mr. Good ol Sakurai would probably want to get more smash trailers out before you know, everybody has the game and nobody gives a crap about the trailers anymore.

And it IS a 3DS title too you know.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I dunno, tomorrow's direct is a pretty good time for a Smash trailer. It's not the first time a trailer for a newcomer would be released in a specific region first (see every E3 trailer). We're so close to the games' release anyways.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
ITS OUR SECOND TO LAST WARIO WRIDAY, direct at 7am, we have gotta get something good.

We might Get wario in the direct. holy poop

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Are we sure there actually will be a character reveal?

It's a 3DS-only direct, although I guess they could just reveal a veteran. You'd think they would show some Wii U footage of the character, though.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Are we sure there actually will be a character reveal?

It's a 3DS-only direct, although I guess they could just reveal a veteran. You'd think they would show some Wii U footage of the character, though.
I think to make up for no reveal trailer in the direct, WARIO WRIDAY will commense at 4am EST

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
So has this direct been confirmed out side of japan yet? I don't want to get up at 6 to watch some guy speak a language and talk about things that I can't understand for an hour and a half, because of the possibility of some smash info that will be translated 6 hours later on here.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
If we are still waiting for another newcomer trailer--and it isn't coming tomorrow, then I'll predict a Wario reveal tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom