• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Well, I've noticed a pattern...no scrolling stages have been shown to have a FD form yet. So it's likely that the scrolling stages will not have FD forms.
That's pretty depressing, considering how much I want a 3D land stage.

Also, regarding Sakurai's note, when he talked about the tracks playing in the stage, it reminded me that the 3DS stages will only have 2 songs an this makes me sad.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's neat that they've added this option. It makes me wonder if the FD versions of stages will be available offline too.
Well, we did see Rosalina use a final smash on one... so I assume yes.

Nice pic! It's the... Gerudo Cliff!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
It's neat that they've added this option. It makes me wonder if the FD versions of stages will be available offline too.
Yeah, we saw Rosalina use her Final Smash on one. Plus! We saw the Pong Assist Trophy on one. So, most likely, yes. :)

It'd be odd if Sakurai made all those versions ONLY for Glory Mode.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, we did see Rosalina use a final smash on one... so I assume yes.
Yeah, we saw Rosalina use her Final Smash on one. Plus! We saw the Pong Assist Trophy on one. So, most likely, yes. :)

It'd be odd if Sakurai made all those versions ONLY for Glory Mode.
I guess I overlooked this. Thanks for pointing this out.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Final Destination variations of stages would have to be available for offline usage if players don't always want to deal with any of the stage hazards.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Final Destination variations of stages would have to be available for offline usage if players don't always want to deal with any of the stage hazards.
Maybe this is why there's so many stages, on both versions, that seems either hectic or just full of hazards. Because there's a Flat version of all of them. That's kinda smart. Just wish there were platforms on some. ^^"

But anywho. I predict Tomorrow's Pic to be a Pic of Bowser and Charizard breathing fire on the Pyrosphere.

Pic of the Day: "So many fire-breathing monsters on Pyrosphere! Quite frankly, it's ridleyculous."

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well honestly since he said that only most would have FD versions, it's cool to see which ones do and what exactly they look like. Kinda wish we'd have seen the regular 3DS FD though.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Yeah I thought that was cool too. Even if he doesn't let us hear the music, knowing which tracks are in will be cool.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
It looks like Sakurai is just showing Smash Direct stuff in the Pics of the Day for a certain time.

I mean we got since Smash Direct:
1) Zero Suit Samus and Samus
2) Smash Run shown
3) Greninja (and Charizard)
4) Shiek and Link on Final Destination: Gerudo Valley

What's left from the Direct to show? Well: Masterball, customizable moves, Assist trophies, items. Oh and the Smash ranking system.

Shroob

Sup?
I know this has been asked before, but are the boxes that show characters on the bottom of a character's page relative to screen resolution? I see 9 on my screen.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I bet everyone is crossing they're fingers for yoshis up special to be a jump eh?
As a Yoshi main since 64, Im actually very sick and tired of people who dont even play the character thinking they now what Yoshi needs. Yoshi's up b in Brawl is one of his best moves, one of the best projectiles in the game, AND one of the best recovery moves in the game. The only thing his up b maybe needs is less start up for the actual egg to be thrown, his up b is fantastic and doesnt need to be changed.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It looks like Sakurai is just showing Smash Direct stuff in the Pics of the Day for a certain time.

I mean we got since Smash Direct:
1) Zero Suit Samus and Samus
2) Smash Run shown
3) Greninja (and Charizard)
4) Shiek and Link on Final Destination: Gerudo Valley

What's left from the Direct to show? Well: Masterball, customizable moves, Assist trophies, items. Oh and the Smash ranking system.
I counted and, if every new piece of info from the Direct was made into an update, we'd have enough for about 5 entire months. Let's hope not everything from the Direct gets made into a PoD. :laugh:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I counted and, if every new piece of info from the Direct was made into an update, we'd have enough for about 5 entire months. Let's hope not everything from the Direct gets made into a PoD. :laugh:
Yeah, I hope he just assumes we watched it...
He seems to already be putting in rather new pics! We didnt know Greninja's move was shadow sneak and we didn't see Final Gerudo Valley! So. Yay~ See what I did there? I called it Final Gerudo Valley. That's what I'm ganna do for all Final Destination forms of places. Final Prism Tower, Final Mario Galaxy, I love it, I am tooting my own horn so much for this small insignificant achievement if you can even call it that~

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
As a Yoshi main since 64, Im actually very sick and tired of people who dont even play the character thinking they now what Yoshi needs. Yoshi's up b in Brawl is one of his best moves, one of the best projectiles in the game, AND one of the best recovery moves in the game. The only thing his up b maybe needs is less start up for the actual egg to be thrown, his up b is fantastic and doesnt need to be changed.
Agreed, I think Yoshi had one of the better recoveries in the game. I loved being able to walk off the ledge, being able to chase my opponent with an egg toss, and double jump back to the ledge. Because of this, I'd appreciate it if you could use the egg toss without expending your 2nd jump when tap jump is on. I personally hate tap jump and keep it off anyway, although it seems dumb that tap jump players don't have the option to use egg toss and keep their double jump. If there is any move that needs to get buffed or changed though it is egg roll.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm a weird but good spot
Completely forgot that there's still a pic tomorrow. The direct really threw things out of wack.
Yeah I'm personally in a cool but weird spot with these pic ever since last week. I expect literally nothing since I'm still sated on the Direct info, so even smaller things like today's post and Shadow Sneak are huge somehow.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I'm still fully expecting pics every Monday through Friday. Still super duper stoked for Smash and can't get enough information, even after the Direct.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I hope it's possible to turn off bosses without needing to use the FD variant of the stage.
I don't care about Ridley either way, I'm more annoyed that they have potentially ruined the first ever good Metroid stage by adding another fricken stage hazard/boss. Pyrosphere looks awesome. I want Ridley to be playable just to get him off the stage as a boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom