• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I wish he could at least repeated stuff from the direct thought we were past filler pics by now

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Not the most exciting pic (unless you mean literally, ahem), but I am ok with it since there was just a Direct. ^^

I wonder if we will get a Normal Direct this month as well. I kinda doubt we'll get one Before E3, though. :(

@ soviet prince soviet prince
Well, he IS repeating Direct stuff. We didn't know about that background effects for that stage until the direct, so what he shows is still new enough.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well, filler pic. Unless, you look at it that way. :troll:
It's definitely serving a purpose. Sakurai is a noble man.

Ahem...

I like that there's these effects on this stage. The first version was somewhat boring, although I liked it's simplicity. I wonder what the FD version will be like, seeing as it's an inside stage.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well, filler pic. Unless, you look at it that way. :troll:
I read that as you meaning... it's a pic you can fill with... something.

:troll:

Don't be mad at me, you made me Think so, it's your fault!

Ahem. So, tomorrow. I expect some minor info about either Yoshi or Charizard. Preferably Charizard. I wanna know the name of his new Side Special.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Well, this is sure to make Smashboards ahem, excited for Smash 4, one could even say their bodies are ready for it. Though I have to say, I don't really like Wii Fit Trainer in that way, but Zero Suit Samus is good to play as for when you are ahem, bored. I wish Rosalina, Zelda, and Captain Falcon were in this shot.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm trying to figure out what exactly that is.

I don't remember characters falling to the ground head first in Brawl.
Luigi's Up B and Olimar's Up B.

From the looks of things it's simply WFT's regular jump and ZSS's Down B. Also, we all knew this day was coming with the obligatory ZSS butt shot. It was only a matter of time. :laugh:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I've been waiting for another shot of Miss Fit's finely toned buttocks. Didn't expect to get Samus's thick buns along with them.

A fine night this was indeed. My hype has risen greatly. I'm definitely very excited right now.
Is that all that rose?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Luigi's Up B and Olimar's Up B.

From the looks of things it's simply WFT's regular jump and ZSS's Down B. Also, we all knew this day was coming with the obligatory ZSS butt shot. It was only a matter of time. :laugh:
Now we just need a Pic of Diddy humping Peach's face, and we've all done. :3

Oh, and Bowser's not-suggestive-at-all-down-throw on Marth (mistook him for a princess).

Really, Sakurai is a strange man. Must be why he makes such great games.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Well....Golden Sun comes out tomorrow? Dates like that usually dont mean anything, but it'd be cool if we got Isaac info. Assist, playable, or gone....? That is the question.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well....Golden Sun comes out tomorrow? Dates like that usually dont mean anything, but it'd be cool if we got Isaac info. Assist, playable, or gone....? That is the question.
I doubt that we'll get any new information for the rest of the month, but Sakurai could surprise us.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Two Pics left for this week. I predict

One pic talking about how different Yoshi is now when he stands upright.

One pic talking a Little about alt costumes while showing off Vire-Frame Mac and Male Trainer.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
A random throwaway pic about once a week was common even in the last few months when info was at an all time high. I'm still pretty certain we'll be getting new(ish) stuff for the rest of the month/till E3.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
:/ Not a fan of these pictures and by 'these' I mean this one, the one with Rosalina lying down and the one with Rosalina and the caption about the galaxy or something under her dress. At least the last one showed off a move but the others don't show anything and the comments regarding them are...not entertaining I suppose would be the word. That being said most people seem to be enjoying it so the phrase 'you can't please everyone' applies here with me being one of the only ones not pleased.

Dah well, the last few pictures were decent at least, seeing one of Greninja's moves and seeing one of the FDs.

As for predictions, for the rest of the month there's not much point in predictiing a character reveal so there goes my usual Wolf/Ganon prediction. I suppose I'll predict that some point this week or next we will get a new Starfox stage and a Kirby hat (=o maybe the Fox one with the cute little ears). Oh, also there will be a picture that will get people speculating about Ridley. In other words, a picture on Pyrosphere.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
:/ Not a fan of these pictures and by 'these' I mean this one, the one with Rosalina lying down and the one with Rosalina and the caption about the galaxy or something under her dress. At least the last one showed off a move but the others don't show anything and the comments regarding them are...not entertaining I suppose would be the word. That being said most people seem to be enjoying it so the phrase 'you can't please everyone' applies here with me being one of the only ones not pleased.

Dah well, the last few pictures were decent at least, seeing one of Greninja's moves and seeing one of the FDs.

As for predictions, for the rest of the month there's not much point in predictiing a character reveal so there goes my usual Wolf/Ganon prediction. I suppose I'll predict that some point this week or next we will get a new Starfox stage and a Kirby hat (=o maybe the Fox one with the cute little ears). Oh, also there will be a picture that will get people speculating about Ridley. In other words, a picture on Pyrosphere.
Well, this Pic kinda confirms that ZSS still has her Down Special from Brawl. So it is kinda a great Update that way. ^^

Also, Sakurai is just a Little pervy. But it's ok, I mean, he IS Japanese afterall. It's in his blood. Don't wanna know where his blood is, though.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Well, this Pic kinda confirms that ZSS still has her Down Special from Brawl. So it is kinda a great Update that way. ^^

Also, Sakurai is just a Little pervy. But it's ok, I mean, he IS Japanese afterall. It's in his blood. Don't wanna know where his blood is, though.
"Kinda confirms" For all we know that could just be her double jump, Mario's double jump is the same way. As for pervyness, if Sakurai is pervy then he hides it better than the people here. The caption was something about breathing or something? I don't remember but it wasn't anything along the lines of talking about buns or booty. Actually I wish the caption talked about how WFT got as deformed as she did, mostly that neck. However, that is just me and I do not wish to rain my negative opinion over everyone so until a later time, I shall be quiet.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
For once, I'm glad that this PoTD is a throwaway. Any more info and my brain will fry.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Now we just need a Pic of Diddy humping Peach's face, and we've all done. :3

Oh, and Bowser's not-suggestive-at-all-down-throw on Marth (mistook him for a princess).

Really, Sakurai is a strange man. Must be why he makes such great games.
And that is why I love him so, a strange man that makes amazing games, reminds me of myself in a way

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman

Not a fan of your font color. It blends in with the background of the screen. Makes it difficult to read. Some people just have to be different...

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
how do you manage to get the pics of the day in a higher resolution?
The daily picture URL on the Smashbros.com website:

Code:
http://www.smashbros.com/update/images/daily.jpg
Has slightly higher resolution than the pics posted on Miiverse. Other than that they don't get bigger.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I doubt that we'll get any new information for the rest of the month, but Sakurai could surprise us.
It's possible...

There are still 16 Brawl veterans left that haven't been shown. Sure, Squirtle and Ivysaur probably aren't coming back. Maybe not Snake either. And there could be a couple other cuts possibly as well (Wolf, Lucas, ROB, Ike...?). But we've still got at least 10 veterans to show, IMO.

Assuming at least two or three more newcomers, that's 13+ characters that could be shown before launch, which is in September at the latest. If he reveals another 5 at E3, that's 8 over a maximum of 22 non-E3 weeks... If it's launched earlier, then it could be as few as 11 weeks. That'd be someone new almost every week.

I don't think we'll get that many, but one every two weeks or so from now on wouldn't surprise me. I'm not expecting anything big tonight or tomorrow, but by the end of next week, I think it's possible again.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'm perfectly fine with what information we have now from the pictures. Maybe 2-3 more characters for me. The next pic probably won't be much anyways.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Appart the game is already out in Japan. So who knows? If he's not shown off that'd be a good thing, as each newcomer has been shown only with events/directs.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Appart the game is already out in Japan. So who knows? If he's not shown off that'd be a good thing, as each newcomer has been shown only with events/directs.
Newcomers aren't just randomly revealed they only are revealed on directs and e3. I'm just hoping Isaac as an assist trophy isn't shown.

It'd be pretty awesome if a Saturnos assist trophy... but that probably would be too much for a reveal. :p

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I kind of wish newcomers were revealed via miiverse but make it in video from so we wont have to wait to a direct to see some additional new characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom