• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
C'mon Moon pic. Guess a full stage view of the new FD would suffice for that.
It will be a pic of Yoshi and Greninja "attacking" Marth with their tongu- *banned*

Ahem. It will most likely be a pic about one of the New veterans. Hopefully Charizard, imo. Also, so Little hype here nowdays, haha.

D

Deleted member

Since I'm currently 1:1, I say we're going to get some stage info, either on the Pokemon League stage, or another returning stage.
I WAS KINDA RIGHT! I have low standards when it comes to this stuff, I'll take 50% right, don't ruin this for me.
I don't see that happening for a while... maybe on Mother's Day!

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Why must Smashboards always undergo maintanence when it's time for the PotD?

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm totally loving this "FD-version for most of the stages"-thing! I wonder which stages WON'T have one...

juddy96

Smash Lord
I'm totally loving this "FD-version for most of the stages"-thing! I wonder which stages WON'T have one...
Well, I've noticed a pattern...no scrolling stages have been shown to have a FD form yet. So it's likely that the scrolling stages will not have FD forms.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'd really like it if scrolling stages had FD-versions, they'd be more bareable haha. I'd like to enjoy the music and background of them without the scrolling...

Oh, and to state the obvious, Final Destination will probably not have one haha. Imagine a FD-version of FD. Wut.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Maybe stages like flatzone or spirit train won't have an FD version? Who knows what dequalifies a stage from having an FD version...
Also, I wonder if past stages will get FD versions or not...
Hmm...

Anyway, I really liked this Potd! Glad to see something that I was curious about (:
It's cool to see an FD version of a stage for the 3DS version

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
glad to know the 3ds has the final destination thing as well even though I prob rarely use them. What I want to know is how local play works for the 3ds will everyone need a copy to play?

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
glad to know the 3ds has the final destination thing as well even though I prob rarely use them. What I want to know is how local play works for the 3ds will everyone need a copy to play?
Most likely i cant see smash with download play since games like Mario kart ur stuck as shy guy.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I'm going with yes. Besides, who doesn't need one? This is Smash Bros. we're talking about. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well that's something new. I guess there's still a lot to show.

JosukeM

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking on Little Mac's boxing ring and maybe the Wii Fit Trainer stage if the Wii Balance Board is not a hazard, maybe the Brawl stages won't have that option either because ... I don't know

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So. What I get from this is that Reset bomb forest could be legal? I don't care if FD is considered boring and unfair, just having that stage legal would be the best. <3

Anyway, this stage still looks great. Can't wait to just play all these FD reskins endlessly. :3

Well, I've noticed a pattern...no scrolling stages have been shown to have a FD form yet. So it's likely that the scrolling stages will not have FD forms.
I'm really hoping Pilotwing has a FD stage though. Just the plane flying around. No loops, no drops: just the plane flying through the resort.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
People say that the Final Destinations will most likely be available outside of For Glory since we saw Rosalina use a Final Smash on one, and since Items wouldn't appear, that may be true.

However, there will be Timed Matches in For Glory, right? If this is like im Brawl, you will be able to get Final Smashes if you are very far behind. You know, you suddenly have a FS when you enter the stage again?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
People say that the Final Destinations will most likely be available outside of For Glory since we saw Rosalina use a Final Smash on one, and since Items wouldn't appear, that may be true.

However, there will be Timed Matches in For Glory, right? If this is like im Brawl, you will be able to get Final Smashes if you are very far behind. You know, you suddenly have a FS when you enter the stage again?
I looked it up. Pity Final Smashes are tied to the smash ball. If the Smash ball is disabled, so is the pity final smash.

Going back to the pic, I hope that Sakurai isn't suggesting that if you play the FD version of the stage it only has one music track. :/

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Awesome! I told youuu Sakurai would still give us cool stuff. Totally unexpected, I love it! Bring on more FDs!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I looked it up. Pity Final Smashes are tied to the smash ball. If the Smash ball is disabled, so is the pity final smash.

Going back to the pic, I hope that Sakurai isn't suggesting that if you play the FD version of the stage it only has one music track. :/
It works like this. Let's say you have all items On. Then clicks 'Turn Off all items'. Then the Pity Smashes will appear in Time Battles. But if you Disable the Smash Ball, and THEN turns off all Items, it won't appear. ^^ So, since there probably won't be a way to 'turn off all items' in For Glory, since they are automatically off, that may mean that Final Smashes may still appear as Pity.

Either that, or what we saw really was from normal play.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
On the 3DS the stages only have two songs, a main song and an extra song you can switch to and an extra song like they had in Melee. The Wii U has a smorgasbord of songs like Brawl did. Since this is a 3DS stage, I assume he's just saying what the primary song for the stage in general is. I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that he's showing the final destination version.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Thats awesome we have FD versions of the 3ds versions. They looked way too dynamic for me.
I like the dynamic stages. :) But I hope there's a FD version of Balloon Fighter. Just because. XD

EDIT

Btw, when that Pong Assist Trophy was shown, it was on the Final Destination version of Pyrosphere, seeing how there's no lava. Does this confirm the FD stages are in fact playable normally as well?

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
3ds confirmed to be the superior version. Jk. But still if the stages are better on the 3ds version and they have FD versions too well...? But there still are a lot of stages left. Man I want to see the Spirit tracks FD. Even though it will just be a flat surface...

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think the 3DS stages will unlock in the Wii U version if you have both versions. Given that FD versions are in the 3DS version as well, it makes it that much more likely to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom