• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Was hoping he would have a Dark type special but I forgot they ingnored Lucario's Steel type as well so this will do i guess. Anyways Im starting to realize Greninja was the best choice for a Kalos rep considering hes a frog wich fits perfectly because of what country the reigon is based on.

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
Was hoping he would have a Dark type special but I forgot they ingnored Lucario's Steel type as well so this will do i guess. Anyways Im starting to realize Greninja was the best choice for a Kalos rep considering hes a frog wich fits perfectly because of what country the reigon is based on.
pls, his dark typing doesnt matter when protean is involved

when i face greninja i face an ice type, a bug type, a water type, a ghost type...

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't understand why everyone is expecting filler for the PotDs until E3. Sure, we just got a Direct, and a tonne of information, but to me that means the ball is finally rolling. The 3DS version will be out in 3-4 months, so things will quicken up IMO.

Also, after last week, people are still complaining about the PotD? Gee, spoilt much? I can't believe how long the PotD's have been coming out, yet people still complain when we get a 'bad' one.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Neat move. A counter, a teleport, and a high jump soumd really obnoxious.

Also, this is hardly a bad update. It could have been "you must recover."

Last edited:

DeanAdamFry

Smash Supporter
NNID
DeanAdamFry
3DS FC
2423-3337-0046
Come on now Sakurai is just teasing us again with a DRAGON on PYROSPHERE, doesn't this man have anything better to do than tease ridley fans like this?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sounds cool. A few characters have item effect turned into attacks but it I can't help at think this will happen

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape has now been made an actually move on purpose?

This, shall be fun.
This move, however, looks to be much better than Cape. Which is good. MetaKnight may have been OP, but his Cape was a pretty terrible move, imo. ^^ Could never really hit well with it.

Shadow Sneak looks like it reaches longer, and it looks strong and good, judging by the footage.

Staarih

Smash Master
Come on Ridley, it's ok, you can join Charizard and Greninja on Pyrosphere, just show yourself, even if you were a stage boss...

But yeah, I got the Greninja pic I wanted with additional details on his move, so I'm pleased.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
sakuraiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
sakuraiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
What? I hope you don't mean this is a bad post. :p We got New info despite the barrage of News from the Direct. This is more than one would expect already.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Greninja sounds potential top tier.
Hardly, once you realize that Shadow Sneak and Substitute can be countered quite easily with the proper strategy. Add the fact that Greninja may end up being a lightweight, and not all that strong with its offenses, and that could make things even more troubling for it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmmm... Sounds like Greninja players will need good spacial reasoning if they want to keep a track of where they are. I think it'll be like the spies in Team Fortress, terrifying for newcomers but an annoyance for veterans.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a good number of newcomers this time around have some aspect of them with a bit of a learning curve/unique strategy which is nice.
From likely least complex to most complex
Villager/Megaman - They've got a lot of representation of their series in their movesets, but they seem overall to be fairly standard characters.
Little Mac - Effectively using the OHKO meter/avoiding too much air game
WFT - Timing her deep breathing power up
Greninja - Today's post clearly indicates that at least Sakurai thinks his "sophisticated" moves take some getting used to
Rosalina - Mastering spacing with her Luma will likely take some getting used to and since they each have slightly different attacks, it's essentially two movesets to learn, though they should be at least similar I think.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Seems like we're getting what I expected more or less. Probably just things referencing other things in the direct.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
When I saw the pic I thought we were in for a long stretch of filler, but I was pleasantly surprised when I went to Miiverse. Glad to see PotD will still be something worth watching.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I looked at the first one I was like ok

But the second......and the party continues messing with us charizard on the mentioning the word shadow

(The move sounds just like meta knights move)

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh yay, more Greninja! Shadow Sneak looks neat.... InB4 someone says GRENINJA IS THE NEW MK!!!
*Looks at comments*

Too late. :glare:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Color me extremely excited about Greninja! I'm guessing this isn't the move that had the Substitute (at least, I can't see a sub in that picture, but I admittedly didn't look that closely)?

MiiVerse put it best tho
☆Maria☆ said:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Hardly, once you realize that Shadow Sneak and Substitute can be countered quite easily with the proper strategy. Add the fact that Greninja may end up being a lightweight, and not all that strong with its offenses, and that could make things even more troubling for it.
FWIW you're assuming far more things about how this unreleased character will play/can be countered than the guy who said "he looks like he's potential top tier" did

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, MetaKnight is pretty much sure to come back. Shadow Sneak confirming MetaKnight is gone cuz' the move is KINDA similar is like saying Link is out because of Pit's Bow. :/

Anywho. I expect a explonation for Charizard's Flare Blitz tomorrow.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So Greninja's specials are Water Shuriken, Shadow Sneak, Substitute and Aqua Jet.
Canonically he can't learn Aqua Jet. From his Egg/teachable moves, it could feasibly be Water Sport, Water Pledge, or Waterfall.

Could also just be an original attack, like Pikachu's Thunder Jolt.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Canonically he can't learn Aqua Jet. From his Egg/teachable moves, it could feasibly be Water Sport, Water Pledge, or Waterfall.

Could also just be an original attack, like Pikachu's Thunder Jolt.
I Think it's Hydro Pump, IF it's a real Pokémon move. It'd make sense, since Hydro Pump is often seen as having Two Strong blasts of water (thanks to Blastois).

But it certanly seems to work like Pika's Quick Attack. ^^ I like it.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Color me extremely excited about Greninja! I'm guessing this isn't the move that had the Substitute (at least, I can't see a sub in that picture, but I admittedly didn't look that closely)?
I doubt it, shadow sneak and substitute are two different moves.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I am confused; I haven't really been keeping current with Smash speculation, but what about Greninja's reveal would indicate evidence against Meta Knight's return?
Greninja's Side Special, Shadow Sneak, makes Greninja disappear and reappear. Thus, he has stolen MetaKnight's Down Special, and this, he replacing.

Totally ignoring that those moves are still very different. Gotta love logic. XD

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Did you not see my post after that? I said he's sacrificing defense for Speed and agility

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I was so sure that the move was smokescreen, I mean, it would've made so much sense, him being a ninja and all...
We saw Shadow Sneak two or three times in the trailer.
Canonically, I think it's more of a Shikamaru-type thing, though:
Pokemon XY said:
The user extends its shadow and attacks the target from behind. This move always goes first.
[collapse=Here's how I always interpreted that:]

Not the strangle-to-nothing bit, but you get what I mean.
[/collapse]
Edit:
Yup, here's a picture from the manga:
And another:

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Could Little Mac be a good counterpart to Greninja? If we take the "Greninja got great speed but lacks defense" argument, and consider Mac's monstruously strong smash attacks... not to mention the boxer's abilities to counter.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Could Little Mac be a good counterpart to Greninja? If we take the "Greninja got great speed but lacks defense" argument, and consider Mac's monstruously strong smash attacks... not to mention the boxer's abilities to counter.
I don't Think so. But if Ridley is here, I expect HIM to be the counterpart of Mac. OP in the air, terrible on ground. ^^

I do love what I've seen of Greninja. Shame someone on SmashGAF pointed out he has a clearly visible... thingy.

Morbi

Scavenger
Hypothetically, both characters have great mobility; Mac's great offense might actually be wasted on Greninja though (excessive or not necessary to get an easy KO). I am not certain about Greninja's recovery or air-game though, that might be what puts him above Mac in the end. The only way to find out is to play, but so far, they seem like decent counterparts.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Come on Ridley, it's ok, you can join Charizard and Greninja on Pyrosphere, just show yourself, even if you were a stage boss...

But yeah, I got the Greninja pic I wanted with additional details on his move, so I'm pleased.
Ridley is actually a really shy introvert, he's too scared and humble to be on the same battlefield as Mario and Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom