• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Huh, on a side note, I happened to notice that Mega Blaziken and Mega Medicham aren't able to have Close Combat either, so I guess Lucario is the only fighting type megaform to have the move? That's kinda lame.
Heracross also learns it. Close Combat on Mega Blaziken would be the most nasty thing ever.

So Golden you suggest Mewtwo isn't physically more able than the average man now?
In terms of physique regular Mewtwo isn't anything special in the world of Pokémon, which is what I think he's saying. Mewtwo can't kick as hard as Hitmonlee or punch as hard as Machamp.

D

Deleted member

Inb4 Golden stating the anime isn't canon and cannot be used for reference so that he feels he 'wins' the arguement.
Even when I'm being civil, you have to be a ****, don't you?

And no, I'm not going to say that.

What I am going to say is that is not a real Mewtwo.
That's the damned Mirage Mewtwo (as in, given abilities and strength Mewtwo can't normally obtain; the equivalent of a "hacked" Mewtwo) from the Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon special.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo doesn't need physical strenght anyway, he's got a gaint tail penis. ******* will love him anyways.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Mewtwo doesn't need physical strenght anyway, he's got a gaint tail penis. *****es will love him anyways.
And if we're going by the manga, that giant spoon. But why a giant spoon...? He makes it look good anyway.

That's the damned Mirage Mewtwo
inb4itsmirageitdoesntcount
:awesome:
Wasn't being serious, btw, totally aware that's the hax Mirage Mewtwo which can spawn freakin Rayquaza heads for hands to shoot Hyper Beams.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mirage Mewtwo can probably also learn Aero Blast.

If this Mirage Mewtwo is so much different / stronger then how the hell could Pikachu even defeat it?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Were you thinking of Dynamicmiss? That's a really old move tutor attack he can learn from 3rd gen.
Nah, wasn't thinking of that, though I do kinda miss that move.

Heracross also learns it. Close Combat on Mega Blaziken would be the most nasty thing ever.
With event Blaziken's speed boost trait, yeah, it probably would be. Currently though, Hi Jump Kick is the best fighting move I can have on mine, which is rather nasty when it misses because of Blaziken's crappy HP and defenses. :x

Still have yet to train a good Heracross sadly (hoping to eventually find a good one in a friend bug safari), so I wouldn't know that it had that move too unless I looked on serebii or someplace before training one. Definitely gives me more incentive to have a good Heracross eventually though, in addition to dat Megahorn and such.

As for the current Mewtwo topic, even before it got the X form it was never a joke in the physical department despite not being on the level of its special attack. A pre-gen 6 physical Mewtwo was mainly for those who thought outside the box I guess.

I believe Life Orb was talked about for Mewtwo some before, but how powerful would a mixed sweeper Mewtwo be with the Weakness Policy held item? More deadly than it even having one of its respective mega-stones perhaps? Just trying to experiment here.

D

Deleted member

Mirage Mewtwo can probably also learn Aero Blast.

If this Mirage Mewtwo is so much different / stronger then how the hell could Pikachu even defeat it?
a) Mirage Pokemon are capable of using all attacks.
b) A Mirage Mew severely restrained it after the Mewtwo destroyed it and absorbed its data.

It would help if you would watch these things.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Question though, if he wasn't physically able, why would he even bother using physical attacking moves and not just focus on doing some Ho-Oh Sacred Fire **** and the like?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Because the storyboarders thought it looked cool, probably no other reason for it really.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
What is that gif even from?
The Mewtwo and Mew one? It's from the Mirage Pokemon special feature/episode.

Question though, if he wasn't physically able, why would he even bother using physical attacking moves and not just focus on doing some Ho-Oh Sacred Fire **** and the like?
Uh, not to be a smartass, but Sacred Fire is actually a physical move too. Has been since gen 4.

D

Deleted member

What the Hell is Ho-Oh doing with that move, then?

Flying at people while exploding into flames, then rising from the ashes?

....actually, that sounds pretty cool.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
What the Hell is Ho-Oh doing with that move, then?

Flying at people while exploding into flames, then rising from the ashes?

....actually, that sounds pretty cool.
Indeed.. I would actually like to see that whole phoenix thing as an animation for the move. Ho-oh's physical attack has always been better than its special attack anyway, so it could only benefit from Sacred Fire becoming physical.

Yes

And as for ssb4 if confirmed im going to be so pissed if they give mewtwo a female voice just like in both english and japan versions of the genesect movie
I think many many more would be mad if SSB4 Mewtwo doesn't have as good/interesting moves and stuff as the Project M version.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Hi guys. Have been SWF, or smashboards, for like 7 years (don't mind the time it said I registered as I was going to comment before on a ness thread, but my computer lost all the in depth insight and changes I wanted to contribute.), but never felt the need to chime in. I am going to cut the chase and list some changes:
  • Mewtwo has base 130 speed so he should be faster than Pikachu and when he debuted in RBY, he was tied as the 2nd fastest.
  • Up tilt needs hitboxes pretty much throughout the whole animation (pretty much all his tail attacks).
  • Tail attacks should be stronger.
  • His Jab should be a unique one and I believe it should be his previous Disable attacks as Disable felt like it was a filler special. This should work like Gardevoir's Future sight attack in Pokemon Type Wild and there can be a max of two on the field. This attack controls approach and installs a camping game (which people groan about, but having no game plan like M2 had previously, this is a step up)
  • Grab Range improved
  • Should be able to float or levitate freely (unlike Peach, but also should be shorter in the length of time)
  • Can teleport twice (kind of like Pikachu's quick attack), but the teleports do not have to be in succession like Pikachu's, but it is shorter than Pika's. Obviously M2 will not have helpless state and he can immediately act out of teleport. Teleport pretty much becomes M2's best OoS.
  • Overall should have a stronger throws, but his d-throw should be like Oli's but has low base knockback but high scaling which makes it a decent chaingrab
  • M2 should be heavier as his weight was quite high (higher than Charizard's)
  • Faster sidestep
  • His <100% ledge attack should be his >100% as it is slow, but long ranged.
  • Better wake up options
  • F-smash could be a little stronger or could be his spoon from the manga materializing and smack his opponents
  • D-smash hits both sides (both arms are used to essentially do the same thing it did in Melee)
  • U-smash needs to be changed (cannot think at the moment)
  • F-air should be the strongest as it has awful range
  • D-air could be like the first hit in Lucario's d-air, but it actually Meteor Smashes
  • N-air should have like a magnet hitbox drawing the opponents in and should have more range while being stronger.
  • Shadowball should actually move fast when fully charged

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Hi guys. Have been SWF, or smashboards, for like 7 years (don't mind the time it said I registered as I was going to comment before on a ness thread, but my computer lost all the in depth insight and changes I wanted to contribute.), but never felt the need to chime in. I am going to cut the chase and list some changes:
  • Mewtwo has base 130 speed so he should be faster than Pikachu and when he debuted in RBY, he was tied as the 2nd fastest.
  • Up tilt needs hitboxes pretty much throughout the whole animation (pretty much all his tail attacks).
  • Tail attacks should be stronger.
  • His Jab should be a unique one and I believe it should be his previous Disable attacks as Disable felt like it was a filler special. This should work like Gardevoir's Future sight attack in Pokemon Type Wild and there can be a max of two on the field. This attack controls approach and installs a camping game (which people groan about, but having no game plan like M2 had previously, this is a step up)
  • Grab Range improved
  • Should be able to float or levitate freely (unlike Peach, but also should be shorter in the length of time)
  • Can teleport twice (kind of like Pikachu's quick attack), but the teleports do not have to be in succession like Pikachu's, but it is shorter than Pika's. Obviously M2 will not have helpless state and he can immediately act out of teleport. Teleport pretty much becomes M2's best OoS.
  • Overall should have a stronger throws, but his d-throw should be like Oli's but has low base knockback but high scaling which makes it a decent chaingrab
  • M2 should be heavier as his weight was quite high (higher than Charizard's)
  • Faster sidestep
  • His <100% ledge attack should be his >100% as it is slow, but long ranged.
  • Better wake up options
  • F-smash could be a little stronger or could be his spoon from the manga materializing and smack his opponents
  • D-smash hits both sides (both arms are used to essentially do the same thing it did in Melee)
  • U-smash needs to be changed (cannot think at the moment)
  • F-air should be the strongest as it has awful range
  • D-air could be like the first hit in Lucario's d-air, but it actually Meteor Smashes
  • N-air should have like a magnet hitbox drawing the opponents in and should have more range while being stronger.
  • Shadowball should actually move fast when fully charged
Also allow shadow ball to travel a farther distance after it's fully charged (more range in other words I guess) like Samus's charge beam.

Overall, those are some nice ideas for buffing Mewtwo's already existing moveset without drastically changing it to be more like the latest gen Mewtwo in terms of techniques.

Mewtwo's neutral aerial drawing opponents in like shadow ball does when it charges? **** yes. Hell yeah on the D-smash idea too. Those are my favorite ones anyway out of what you listed.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Also allow shadow ball to travel a farther distance after it's fully charged (more range in other words I guess) like Samus's charge beam.

Overall, those are some nice ideas for buffing Mewtwo's already existing moveset without drastically changing it to be more like the latest gen Mewtwo in terms of techniques.

Mewtwo's neutral aerial drawing opponents in like shadow ball does when it charges? **** yes. Hell yeah on the D-smash idea too. Those are my favorite ones anyway out of what you listed.
Well after what Sakurai basically took a character many people were looking forward and then took a dump on people's hopes and dreams, a revamp was needed. Trying to rack damage was hard with M2 considering his somewhat awkward approach, height, and floatiness. M2 also could not kill or his kill moves were too slow, poorly ranged or plain situational. I could delve into what could make him better or explain why Sakurai messed up, but that is for the M2 thread. This what I call "the wishful thinking thread".

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well after what Sakurai basically took a character many people were looking forward and then took a dump on people's hopes and dreams, a revamp was needed. Trying to rack damage was hard with M2 considering his somewhat awkward approach, height, and floatiness. M2 also could not kill or his kill moves were too slow, poorly ranged or plain situational. I could delve into what could make him better or explain why Sakurai messed up, but that is for the M2 thread. This what I call "the wishful thinking thread".
Sakurai trolls us on updates not characters being confirmed or not. Still way too much evidence suggesting mewtwo will come back and i still hope he gets a different moveset. Even project M 3.0s mewtwo moveset still not the best

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Sakurai trolls us on updates not characters being confirmed or not. Still way too much evidence suggesting mewtwo will come back and i still hope he gets a different moveset. Even project M 3.0s mewtwo moveset still not the best
I believe Sakurai actually wants to show true character updates, but Namco and Nintendo believe making us learn about a new item is more important. It is a cheap way to build hype, but in my case it actually is causing my hype to wane.

I believe the moveset I posted, though not the best, makes M2 a better character in general.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Guys.
I think Mewtwo is appearing in yet another Pokemon movie.

Both of them.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
... Are all those Mega-forms in the picture gonna be in that movie too?

But really, I... Wow. It's happening already? Sweet mother of...

Consider me hyped.

edit: My avatar may have been a premonition of this, or it used Future Sight and was super effective.

Steelia

Smash Champion
It's supposed to feature Xerneas, Yveltal, and "Mega Evolutions" in the movie. Seeing as how the Megas they're showing off there are very prominent in the marketing of X/Y, and are very popular in general, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Should be seeing a trailer sometime this weekend, hopefully that'll clear up some things.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah. Well I guess it makes me wonder now how much screen-time the Megas will actually get, particularly either Mewtwo. Movie seems like it might be too crowded/have too much crammed in for everyone to have a decent amount of screen-time. If Xerneas and Yveltal are supposed to be kinda the main focus or the main characters/legendaries of the movie, then the others may just have a cameo or something at most.

Just speculating with what little we know now until a trailer of course.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mewtwo and Lucario in another movie?

Along with the Kanto Starters?

The Pokemon Company is really pushing these guys aren't they.

Maybe it's to correspond with a certain fighting game. :awesome:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Even if Xerneas and Yveltal are the main focus, since many Megas are also seeming to be featured in the film, I'd assume most of the Megas would have at least a little more screen time than just a single cameo. I'd assume Mewtwo (and maybe Lucario too) would probably have much more screen time than the rest of the Megas.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I hope you're right. Both the Mega Charizards are on that scan too though, and Charizard in general is much more popular to the point they decided to show one falcon punching a Mewtwo during Charizard X's debut/reveal.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Mewtwo and Lucario in another movie?

Along with the Kanto Starters?

The Pokemon Company is really pushing these guys aren't they.

Maybe it's to correspond with a certain fighting game. :awesome:
You know Game Freak did also patent "Pokken Tournament" as well as "Pokken Fighters". Also starting at 2:12 of this video....:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Guys.
I think Mewtwo is appearing in yet another Pokemon movie.

Both of them.

Mega Scizor in top row with both Two's and Blastose...

I knew he was a complete BAMF!

Anyway, do we know it's actually a movie? Are there any translations to the poster? Man I know wish I forked out that extra couple for Japanese lessons in uni!

Steelia

Smash Champion
Anyway, do we know it's actually a movie? Are there any translations to the poster? Man I know wish I forked out that extra couple for Japanese lessons in uni!
It's definitely a movie. It's called either "Cocoon of Destruction" or "Broken Cocoon", can be translated either way. My guess is that's a reference to Zygarde's resting form (who will probably have an alternate forme or MegaEvo introduced in the movie like Giratina and Kyurem), since Xerneas turns into some kind of tree and Yveltal rests in an egg. Still too early to say. Again, a trailer will be showing this weekend in Japan. Crossing fingers it'll feature the two Mewtwo in more prominent roles, rather than just a passing cameo.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
This upcoming move, I doubt that it'll have much impact on Smash Bros., outside of some additional trophy cameos.
On paper this movie seems like it'll be more epic than the Genesect movie all around (didn't think they would one-up it this soon) given the cast, which says something considering we don't even have a trailer for it yet. Hard to say what kind of impact it'll have on Smash, though I think those said Megas would've gotten trophy forms in the game anyway (just like Xerneas will have a trophy along with its pokeball appearance) even if this movie didn't happen.

Regardless, can't stop the hype train.

D

Deleted member

It's definitely a movie. It's called either "Cocoon of Destruction" or "Broken Cocoon", can be translated either way. My guess is that's a reference to Zygarde's resting form (who will probably have an alternate forme or MegaEvo introduced in the movie like Giratina and Kyurem), since Xerneas turns into some kind of tree and Yveltal rests in an egg. Still too early to say. Again, a trailer will be showing this weekend in Japan. Crossing fingers it'll feature the two Mewtwo in more prominent roles, rather than just a passing cameo.
I wouldn't expect Zygarde until the movie after this one if Giratina and Kyurem are anything to go by. It needs to be closer to when the "3rd" version is due for release.

But wow, look at all the Megas. If those are the Megas that will appear in the film, then we'll see Oldtwo and Newtwo meet and Oldtwo will become the X Mega just like in all the fanfics. :troll:

And then we'll later learn that Diancie is going to be the highlight. :rolleyes: Count on it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Looking forward to seeing what kind of alternate form Zygarde gets regardless of when. Hoping it'll make me like that Pokemon more, because right now I'm just not caring for it.

Would rather have Volcanion, but yeah. I reckon it'll be Diancie too.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I just know that sooner or later, DeviantART (among other sites) is gonna be chock-full of Newtwo X Oldtwo fanfics.
..."She could only stand there, shocked and amazed. Before her, she saw and older, more grizzled Mewtwo standing tall. Initially she felt weak, saddened; She was not as unique and powerful as she thought she once was, but her initial feelings of meaningless were soon replaced with another... Passion! She now had a guide... A mentor... A lover! "M-Mewtwo Senpai" was the only words the younger, smaller Two could only utter... Old-Two could feel it, not only her psyonic passion, but the overwhelming smell her pheromones. For the first time in a long time, Old-two didn't know what to do, but before he could react, the New-two had engaged him with a full blown kiss! Feeling her tongue bouncing in his mouth, he felt an overwhelming sense of heat head towards his face... and his loins! He had felt this urge before, when he woke up in the early morning, and during times of overwhelming boredom, but he had always interned them, as why would a synthetically created pokemon need from such a useless organ? But now... but now, perhaps he could use it. Perhaps these two synthetics could create life... Naturally...."....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom