• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
..."She could only stand there, shocked and amazed. Before her, she saw and older, more grizzled Mewtwo standing tall. Initially she felt weak, saddened; She was not as unique and powerful as she thought she once was, but her initial feelings of meaningless were soon replaced with another... Passion! She now had a guide... A mentor... A lover! "M-Mewtwo Senpai" was the only words the younger, smaller Two could only utter... Old-Two could feel it, not only her psyonic passion, but the overwhelming smell her pheromones. For the first time in a long time, Old-two didn't know what to do, but before he could react, the New-two had engaged him with a full blown kiss! Feeling her tongue bouncing in his mouth, he felt an overwhelming sense of heat head towards his face... and his loins! He had felt this urge before, when he woke up in the early morning, and during times of overwhelming boredom, but he had always interned them, as why would a synthetically created pokemon need from such a useless organ? But now... but now, perhaps he could use it. Perhaps these two synthetics could create life... Naturally...."....
[collapse=""I once thought humans where nothing more than selfish, heartless fiends that care nothing for others. However, reading this made me stand corrected...""]

"...THEY'RE FAR WORSE THAN THAT..."
Still better than MewtwoXLucario, though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Doubt it's gonna be Mega Mewtwo X if we are gonna see a Mega Mewtwo at all.

King K.Smasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowGamer101
3DS FC
1075-0754-8063
I don't really think we'll see Mewtwo X seeing that it looks like they're only popularizing the Y version with that movie and all.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'd love to see Mega Mewtwo X as well, but seeing how Game Freak pushed Y with the movie and all... seems highly unlikely. If only the newer movie presumably featuring MegaX and MegaY came out that year instead, the likelihood of him not just being a trophy would be better at least.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah :\, but even though I prefer the X form too, can see why they decided to show the Y form as the first mega, as the latter has a fresher kind of design. I agree on how well Xtwo would fit in Smash, theoretically.

Meh. So the first trailer for the Cocoon of Destruction movie only showed around 30 seconds of Xerneas and Yveltal for the most part, as I kinda expected. Hopefully as they show more though we'll eventually see a little of both Mewtwos and other mega's in action some before it's out.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I am wondering about something. Even if Mewtwo does get the buffs that it needs, it might still run into some highly disadvantageous matchups. Considering what Rosalina is able to do, she might end up being Mewtwo's worst matchup, even as Mega Mewtwo Y.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seeing as Rosalina is quite tall, it'll be interesting to see how tall Mewtwo will be when it's compared to her height. Of course, at this point, it's pretty obvious that Rosalina outsizes Mega Mewtwo Y.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
IIRC Mewtwo is 180cm tall. While still being pretty tall, he's actually shorter than me, and shorter than alot of other Brawl characters too! (Snake, Cpt.Falcon, Ganondorf etc)

I don't really know why he is so tall in SSB:M.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I checked a StarFox wiki yesterday, claiming Falco is 188 cm, exactly my height. So that would make me taller than Mewtwo to.

But checking again, it says Mewtwo is 2 meters tall. So likely, he'll tower most of us.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Regular Mewtwo is 6'07" (200cm, 2m as Diddy Kong says). He's a pretty tall dude. Not sure where you heard 180cm from...

Mega Mewtwo Y is 4'11" (150cm, 1.5m) in comparison, and Mega Mewtwo X is 7'07" (230cm, 2.3m)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Mewtwo X the tallest out of the forms? Sounds about right. Didn't think it only grew by one ft after mega-volving though, but still cool.

@ Golden: It better be in that game at the very least.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well my theory on the forms if confirmed again maybe X will be the new down special. To change between fighting and psych mewtwo and Y is final smash.And if I see mewtwo gets a female voice =
WHY!?!?!?!?! :mad::confused:

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
I really hope that Mewtwo is in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS. He really deserve a return. It is my dream to fight with Dedede and Mewtwo against other characters like Sonic. Come on Nintendo put him back where he belongs too.
Even if I hate his female new voice.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I can see the Pokemon Fighters being a concept some of them once considered, but not something they went/followed through all the way on. Hoping I'm wrong though, as it'd be a shame not to finally branch Pokemon out more into other genres like an actual fighter which Mewtwo X would excel in probably more than anything else.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
-Conceptual doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

This was "conceptual" pre-rendered CGI to promote Battle Revolution.

-Trademarks were filed for "Pokken" and "Pokken Fighters" by GameFreak. Even if the Wii U "teaser" we saw is nothing, Pokken Fighters can just as easily be something else.
no but this is promoting a game we knew existed while it seems that pokken fighters is not

Steelia

Smash Champion
Apparently there's going to be a digital remastered airing of Mewtwo Strikes Back... well... this morning!

(the dude who uploaded this trailer will also be recording the movie)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Digitally remastered huh? Looks kinda the same to me still. May watch it though while doing other things, as this is one of those rare mornings where I'm actually uppity and awake, and a Saturday no less! Good year so far.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Kind of watched it while playing Metroid II. Noticed some minor changes. Biggest one I noticed was readding Ash throwing Squirtle's Pokeball during the theme song and having Machamp come out once instead of twice. It kind of bugged me about the original US release when they had the Machamp part twice and took out Ash throwing Squirtle's Pokeball.

BladeOFLucas

Smash Journeyman
I would like Lucario to stay more or less the same with the spiritual successor to Mewtwo move set. I like it. Then bring back Mewtwo with a completely revamped move set. Heavy and still floaty. He should be able to glide as well. Maybe when he teleports you could input some directions quickly like with Pikachu to change it up but at each connection point it'd leave an illusory Mewtwo that does what ever Mewtwo does like Ice Climbers except that they stay in that one spot and any attacks they do don't actually do damage. It's just for mind games. The illussions would go away when they come in contact with any damaging move, even Fox's blaster. Hits would just go through them.
I don't think that his moveset should be redone, just built upon. Project M did a good job of showing us what Mewtwo would look like with touch ups and new addons, but the old model is best model. Lucario just has one move, like someone already said, that really replicates Mewtwo, so having both pokemon revamped and polarized toward their tendencies, one as a floaty tank, and the other as a martial arts master. That seems to work in PM.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I personally like his new model better because his head doesn't look so huge compared to his body. I still wish the tail was more fluid though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom