• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
All I have to say about this, is that I hope no one quits over the ban decision.
I feel a great Smash renaissance coming, and it would be a shame if people
were too salty to stay and see it.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Lol Gheb you need to relax. Just because Brood beat M2K doesnt mean he automatically **** on every player in the US. Last I checked he lost to other players in pools, and other people at other american tournies you know like ADHD? Anti pooped on him too...really relax. Japan MK's are not on the same level as US ones and just referenceing Brood beating M2K doesn't mean **** lmao

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well, what were they doing for three years? Thats what I want to know. Did they face any American players?
So they need to face american players to become valid threats? THE WORLD DOESN'T ROTATE AROUND THE USA, BELIEVE IT OR NOT. How many times must they beat the likes of Brood and Rain [his Falco, not his MK] until you guys understand that they are no worse than american MKs?

:059:

Chuee

Smash Hero
Well, what were they doing for three years? Thats what I want to know. Did they face any American players?
No, Rain's MK is the only one to fight american players. Even with that, he still took out Mikehaze after losing his 1st stock ridiculously early game 1, and brought Gnes to last hit after SDing at 60%. His MK is good at his good MUs and when he's playing good, his MK is REALLY inconsistent.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
thats the thing about this new metagame, the tier list is gonna be like flipped on its head. diddy and snake are 2nd and 3rd mainly because they did good against mk, who knows who'll be top now

snake/diddy/falco/marth top4? idk

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Can you?

What even are you asking? I don't think the players of Japan or Europe magically have far more money to go traveling internationally with than the US, and yet so far there've been way more players from outside the US coming here than the other way around. So, no, the best players in Japan likely have not yet played against Americans.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
So they need to face american players to become valid threats? THE WORLD DOESN'T ROTATE AROUND THE USA, BELIEVE IT OR NOT. How many times must they beat the likes of Brood and Rain [his Falco, not his MK] until you guys understand that they are no worse than american MKs?

WORD!!!!!!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's not going to change much, it's still up to TOs to decide what they want for the community. And I mean it's always going to be the same top players winning unless some people actually think they have a chance of winning now? What a joke. You still have to understand the game and your character to the fullest... that won't change at all. This false hope is hilarious.

-Ran

Smash Master
I don't even know how to respond to this
I recommend that players try not to look at Smash through a global lens. It is very, very, very hard to get the best players in the world to meet on a neutral playing field to actually complete. There is simply not enough money in Smash to resolve the logistical hurdles to see that occur. Even then, we're talking about players that are having to travel incredibly long distance, with great personal risk involved into foreign territories. At the end of the day, the world wide scene only has a few select players that are able to interact with each other.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK Nairo, Imma be there at apex and watch you lose to Nietono.

Lol Gheb you need to relax. Just because Brood beat M2K doesnt mean he automatically **** on every player in the US. Last I checked he lost to other players in pools, and other people at other american tournies you know like ADHD? Anti pooped on him too...really relax. Japan MK's are not on the same level as US ones and just referenceing Brood beating M2K doesn't mean **** lmao
Nietono =/= Brood, Nietono is better, compare their results.

American MKs are overrated.

Tesh

Smash Hero

I say metaknight is banned, metaknight is banned
metaknight is banned, metaknight is banned
game and watch is glad, fox mains they be glad,
but M2K ain't glad, but everyone is glad

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
This game still has a minimum of 2 years left and longer after Brawl Wii U

Honestly if people don't like it, don't run Unity...that simple

:phone:
Alright then.

So under Smash players, it's split there as it's always been, Brawl and Melee.

Under Brawl, there were the serious players, then the hackers (Brawl+, Project M)

Now under the serious Brawl players, there's going to a split in rulesets?

Bwahahaha. I'm not complaining, I honestly don't play this game much anymore. Logically, I just don't find this to be a good move.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say american mk's are overrated gheb, I know for a fact they're better than european mk's.

but japan is a diferent story, feel like their mk's could compete in the us smash scene

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
lol this shows you really have no idea what you're talking about and nothing but a bad troll
d3 beats marth along with diddy
rob goes even with marth
D3 does nooooot beat Marth. I couldn't say he goes more than even. Especially now that the Marth metagame will evolve, and D3 is being left in the dust, it's the equivalent of having a bad Ganon matchup in Melee. Sure, he exists, but with good practice, who the **** cares? You can deal with those shenanigans.

Diddy I'll give you. I think I just underrate Diddy's good matchups too much, that part may be my fault.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
The best MKs in Japan in no order are Otori, Kakera, Eru, Akira, Shikkoku. Rain's Falco is a hundred times better than his MK and ever since he decided to main MK he never even managed to get top 10 in Japan.

Bombsoldier

Alright then.

So under Smash players, it's split there as it's always been, Brawl and Melee.

Under Brawl, there were the serious players, then the hackers (Brawl+, Project M)

Now under the serious Brawl players, there's going to a split in rulesets?

Bwahahaha. I'm not complaining, I honestly don't play this game much anymore. Logically, I just don't find this to be a good move.
There has always been a split, and there always will be. It's nothing we're not used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom