• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanadeus

Smash Rookie
Smashboards just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about fighting culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in competitive racing gaming (like Mario Kart) where you can become successful by being an *******. If you screw someone over in the fighting community, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the general brawl players, after hearing about this, is not going to want to participate in thisr tournament, nor will they support Smashboards. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Smashboards has alienated an entire league of competitive fighting gamers with this move.

Smashboards, publicly apologize and re-instate Metaknight or you can kiss your forum goodbye.
Also, smashballs take skill to use properly - they shouldn't be banned.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

I don't know how much the rest of you know about fighting culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in competitive racing gaming (like Mario Kart) where you can become successful by being an *******. If you screw someone over in the fighting community, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the general brawl players, after hearing about this, is not going to want to participate in thisr tournament, nor will they support Smashboards. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Smashboards has alienated an entire league of competitive fighting gamers with this move.

Smashboards, publicly apologize and re-instate Metaknight or you can kiss your forum goodbye.
Um... what?

First of all I'd be very interested to see your professional degree in Fighting Culture. Secondly, this forum is going to remain active and well-used regardless of how some of the community may feel about this decision, I don't know where you get the idea that a forum with over a hundred thousand members is just suddenly going to die.

And the community voted 75% in favor of a ban on Meta Knight... I think that gives the general idea that it won't be received negatively by most.

:248:

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283

What the heck are you even talking about.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Taking away stages is a bad idea and why they didnt do it.

The first thing that comes to mind was when professional golf tried to "tiger proof" courses. All it did was make tiger more dominant cause no1 but tiger could traverse the even harder courses. The same applies herr, MK is so far away the best character that attempting to alter rules for him effects others more than MK.

Brawl is a terrible competitive fighting game.

:phone:

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Yeah, that's cool and all, but Nietono constantly beats every MK in Japan and they have more Olimar experience than the US MKs.
thas cool i beat dabuz everytime we have played 6-0 :I i want him in my pool/bracket if i go lol i aint gonna do dumb **** like the *** mks

Chuee

Smash Hero
japan mks are WAY worse than us mks though, lol.
lmfao, the only Japanese MK that even attended one of our tournies was Rain. and he took out our best Marth, who hardly ever loses to MK, with ease. Though he did SD a lot.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
japan's mks suck.

not japan.

derp.

but yea its all good, I think it's mostly lack of mu experience. Rain's Falco was super good. His MK? It was like a baby Clel. (Clel was some MK main I didnt know anything about and he nearly took me out first round back at SiiS5 I think)

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I'm not mad, I was always indifferent to the ban. I won't lie, I pocket MK like everyone else.

BUT THINK ABOUT WHY. Don't compare it to 64 or Melee, compare it to the fighting game community as a whole. That's why Smash is so segregated against, they seem to be in their own little world when its not vastly different than other FGs.

You're banning MK because his moveset is powerful. However, there are people capable of overcoming that with practice. You could be educating yourself and saying your reason to ban him is his capability to indefinitely run away without a chance of taking damage, but you insist on whining about how good his moveset is.

Anyways, work time! PZ!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
IMO I know the URC group and I feel, though the right idea to help is good, I feel that the TOs in that backroom are mostly way too inexperienced to make decisions about this game.

TheCubeStud

Smash Apprentice
We aren't trying to overstep our boundaries. We can't make the policy for your country, but you can look at the results of our decision and come to your own choice.
That is the most ironic and hilarious statement I think I've ever seen. I can't believe a member of The Empire actually posted that. Too good.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
US has the best MKs, that is why other regions think we're silly. they dont actually know what they're talking about >.>

edit: they weren't smart enough to copy m2k in 2008 like everyone else, so they fell way behind. that is the reason why =p