• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC Diamond Vids - 9/26/07 - ALL vids up!

lexxil

Smash Apprentice
South vs East:

m2k is tha pimp of the year
Shiz is Bombsoldier 2.1b
Linguini omg ^^

dj asakura

Smash Ace
i'm really looking forward to seeing all the PC vs. M2K vids.

and i actually might be a little more excited about seeing the Chu vs. M2K vids...probably cause i havent seen Chu play in awhile.

regardless, really looking forward to all these videos

mog87

Smash Ace
i'm really looking forward to seeing all the PC vs. M2K vids.

and i actually might be a little more excited about seeing the Chu vs. M2K vids...probably cause i havent seen Chu play in awhile.

regardless, really looking forward to all these videos

eh check the pound singles thread...

Rye

Smash Journeyman
m2k vs pc was probably the worst set to watch. It was just pc sandbagging to finish the set faster and split the money. I mean, clearly it's none of my business, but I wished I could have seen more honest play. It was kinda obvious when pc 3-0's m2k then loses 5-0 in finals....

M2k and pc are fantastic players, no doubt, but I still wanted to see an all out brawl.

"Oh look.. they're tied stock for stock and m2k wins..." It got old after 2 games. Pc's peach just dash dances until m2k throws out a smash on his last stock. Bah humbug!

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
m2k vs pc was probably the worst set to watch. It was just pc sandbagging to finish the set faster and split the money. I mean, clearly it's none of my business, but I wished I could have seen more honest play. It was kinda obvious when pc 3-0's m2k then loses 5-0 in finals....

M2k and pc are fantastic players, no doubt, but I still wanted to see an all out brawl.

"Oh look.. they're tied stock for stock and m2k wins..." It got old after 2 games. Pc's peach just dash dances until m2k throws out a smash on his last stock. Bah humbug!
lol .

Rye

Smash Journeyman
hey, maybe i'm completely wrong. Those last few games were extremely shady and... wierd.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
hey, maybe i'm completely wrong. Those last few games were extremely shady and... wierd.
Splitsies is common among the top players, but they generally still play to their fullest. Can't say for sure, but...

M2K just got finished with an entire set with Chu Dat, so his tech skill was back on par. That may have had something to do with it.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
When somone finds the top 8 matches on MLG please post and let everyone know where they are located (they might not be up yet though).

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
shiz is a beast, but m2k is a monster! isai is still too good.

Q: does ganon counter marth or did linguini just counter m2k?
Q2: was there not enough people for a west crew?

johnkim

Smash Journeyman
shiz is a beast, but m2k is a monster! isai is still too good.

Q: does ganon counter marth or did linguini just counter m2k?
Q2: was there not enough people for a west crew?

just because linguini didn't get completely owned by m2k doesn't mean ganon counters marth or that linguini counters m2k. linguini was most likely trying his best, while m2k was just cruising. the matchup would most likely have been much more lopsided in m2k's favor had that been brackets as opposed to just crews.

note: i am in no way bashing linguini. i think he played amazing.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Yea that basically says it all, and in no way does ganon counter marth. I personally think its either even, or slightly in marths favor. Thats personal opinion though and based on matches ive had, gj every1 on how u did.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Marth's N-air counters my Ganon. Seriously it hits me out of absolutely every single move. :(

Nite

Smash Champion
Your logic made no sense. I didn't say that Ganon counters Marth because he can do that. I'm just simply stating that Marth doesn't counter Ganon because of it.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Take it to the Tier List thread, please, for the love of all that's warm and cheesy. =_=

In related news, I officially proclaim M2K v. Drephen the most entertaining Smash set to come out for the summer of 2007. It's good times. **thumbs up**

chaddd

Smash Lord
I would like to say Ganon on Marth is pretty even. But Ganon is most definitely not countered by Samus.

PS You can't argue with Nite. He pwns you all.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Marth's N-air counters my Ganon. Seriously it hits me out of absolutely every single move. :(
Marth's hitbox for his neutral air is a diagonal line, going up and to the right when facing to the left, and up and to the left when facing right.

Essentially, the hitbox looks like one of these:

\

/

Except slightly more slanted, in line with his sword.

The hitbox consists of a series of circles, so that the actual hitbox looks like this:

o
o
o

Except they are touching each other.

Knowing this, you know that Marth is vulnerable at all times during his neutral air from 2 corners at any given time. The only one you can ever really use in a 1v1 situation is the upper corner.

When he is facing right, the top right corner of his frame (if you cut Marth into four seperate squares), and top left if he is facing to the left.

Knowing this, you can know that Marth cannot effectively approach anyone on a platform with his n-air save for coming from above (difficult without using both jumps) or directly below (as is the case when you are knocked onto a platform and forced to get up).

The hitbox for Marth's neutral air is also relatively small for the first swipe, and much larger for the second. The first swipe merely drags you into the second swipe and has virtually no knockback.

Using this knowledge, you should know that Ganon can intercept Marth's n-air with virtually any aerial attack, the only possible exceptions being the d-air and b-air, depending on your position. You should also know that as the first swipe merely drags you in, if you trade hits with the first swipe, you will come out on top.

As Marth's n-air autocancels when it is not fastfalled, and the lag is tremendously short when shuffled, it is not wise to approach immediately after the nair ends. The only exception would be a jab or f-tilt if he lands near enough, or maybe a tricky down+B if you're feeling lucky (most Marth's don't shield after a n-air, they generally follow it with a grab, d-tilt, u-tilt, or f-smash, all of which would clank at best with Ganon's down+B, and at worst do nothing and allow Marth to be hit).

Unless you are great at spacing Ganon's n-airs (I know I am horrible at it), I would suggest dash dancing around until you expect him to jump in with an aerial, and then intercept with a forward air expecting to trade blows with his n-air's first swipe.

If you're good with Ganon, a reversed u-air is the perfect way to intercept Marth's n-air. It will hit Marth down and away, and if he is short hopping it the hitbox won't even connect with Ganon. If he full jumps, just do a standard u-air underneath him and you can hit the open corner of Marth's frame when the feet come back around.

Shiri, you are welcome :)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
how about you get good with a character and practice a lot vs marth. then, regardless of whether or no there are any "counters", you will be comfortable in the matchup. people put too much faith in "counters" and not enough faith in their own ability.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Your logic made no sense. I didn't say that Ganon counters Marth because he can do that. I'm just simply stating that Marth doesn't counter Ganon because of it.
so neither do fox and falco

for the record i don't think marth counters ganondorf either; you're just doing a horrible job of presenting your case and then wondering why people aren't flocking to your side

Overswarm

is laughing at you
so neither do fox and falco

for the record i don't think marth counters ganondorf either; you're just doing a horrible job of presenting your case and then wondering why people aren't flocking to your side
He never said anything about Fox or Falco. You did.

His initial post was hyperbole, albeit not far from factual truth, meant to emphasize the power that Ganon has in the matchup of Marth vs. Ganon. His intent was to show that the matchup was near even at worst (and he's right).

Take a chill pill, Pocky.

Top Bottom