• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman 9 Celebration Tourney (Prizes) 2nd Round Start.....Finally

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Which of my favorite bosses should I represent with the characters I choose? Hmm... Maybe I should play as Metaknight simply to represent Shademan. :laugh: (I honestly think I'd hate myself for a week if I did that.)
thats a valid reason to use metaknight :laugh: i think shademan was one of the coolest bosses in the entire Battle network series.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
socandrewcer here put me on the waiting list please
only if this is a 1 day tourney
is it?

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
wait. so you can play as ZSS in the original metroid?? so you can play her w/o the helmet?? unless you can see her blonde hair its not ZSS. i need to see evidence of this.

Frames

DI
ZSS is a tough call

the concept of suitless samus was IN the first metroid, but it was not acknowledged as "zero suit samus" until later games

if you're going based strictly on characters available to NES games ONLY, then ZSS is out, but if you're looking at the fact that metroid: zero mission is a remake of the original, and that samus' suitless properties are retained, then zss would be allowed.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I regard ZSS as just suitless Samus, saying the Samus concept from the original Metroid is a different person from ZSS is like saying Biker Wario can't be used because that originated on the GBA

Also, Brackets are updated, I still need FC's from sbfan01 and Acel, and I'll make a chat for the tourney tmrw, anyone got a recommended chat type to use?

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
no way dude...no remakes. samus always had her helmet on in the original metroid. ganon is a different story...SAME CHARACTER, but they changed him physically cuz i guess link fighting a pig didnt seem appealing to fans so they changed the way he looks...but when he mutates he goes back to his origins. ganon should definetly be in. sheik and ZSS OUT. and i never played ne of the kirbys... metaknight wuz in a nes game?

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
I regard ZSS as just suitless Samus, saying the Samus concept from the original Metroid is a different person from ZSS is like saying Biker Wario can't be used because that originated on the GBA

Also, Brackets are updated, I still need FC's from sbfan01 and Acel, and I'll make a chat for the tourney tmrw, anyone got a recommended chat type to use?
i regard ZSS as a samus w/o the cannon on her hand. IF SHE HAS A CANNON then its not ZSS.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
nope, wasn't on GB, just NES and from then on

and

Samus suitless back then, since the spirtes are limitied its impossible to tell if shes using a gun or a cannon, but since the remake has her use a gun, its very likely she used one back then to

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
nope, wasn't on GB, just NES and from then on

and

Samus suitless back then, since the spirtes are limitied its impossible to tell if shes using a gun or a cannon, but since the remake has her use a gun, its very likely she used one back then to

i havent played metroid in so long. DUDE SHE'S WEARING THE HELMET!!! isnt that enuff evidence?? plus .. doesnt she ever turn into a morph ball?? she cant be ZSS if she can turn into the morph ball... didnt she shoot missles at all in that game??? she cant shoot missles out of a GUN. dude im telling you....samus w/ a suit on. TRUST.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
XD, np ganon, I was never good at the original metrodi, I only knew from youtube =P.

Also, what does everyone think the new boss order is. A few guesses

Plug>Splash
Splash>Concrete
Concrete>Tornado
Tornado>Magma

Exia 00

Smash Champion
XD, np ganon, I was never good at the original metrodi, I only knew from youtube =P.

Also, what does everyone think the new boss order is. A few guesses

Plug>Splash
Splash>Concrete
Concrete>Tornado
Tornado>Magma
I geuss that sounds right. Does it have an official release date yet ? =/

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
its in September for everywhere, but no day yet, and to remind everyone what Robot Masters there are

Splash Woman, Magma Man, Hornet Man, Galaxy Man, Plug Man, Tornado Man, Concrete Man, Jewel Man

Also, continuing on with guesses

Magma>Hornet
Hornet>Galaxy
Galaxy>Jewel
Jewel>Plug

Mmac

Smash Lord
Won't Splash counter Magma?

Also I won against CBA, good games

even though you cheated >_>

cba

Smash Master
good games.
i chose lucario & lucas. theyre not even supposed to be here. anyway my bad.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Man, I can't Believe nobody knows of the JUSTIN BAILEY Code

You guys call yourself Retro Fans?

and yes, that is a Gun

(Yeah, I should have replied earlier, but I didn't scroll up)

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I thought that to, but sometimes the obvious isn't always used, for example in MM6, Magma should beat Plant, but snow does. Wind doesn't really beat anything besides fire, and water can beat Magma and Rock, so logically they'd make it that way

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Umm......it hasn't started yet, there fore, you won a bunch of friendlies (plus if hes not using a legal character, it wouldn't count anyway, and if you do that in the actual tourney, I'll DQ you)

and yes, I know its a double post, but meh

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
Nice sig bmaster. Ivysaur ftw.

WOW!!! Thats like an ultimate compliment!!! Your Like Sig Master! You need a nick name...
Exo force
EXtra awsome...
Extra X-treme
EXtra spicy
EXtreme Sig maker...
Exo to the Extreme
Exonator.....

I think im gonna go wit.... Extra X-treme!

Exia 00

Smash Champion
WOW!!! Thats like an ultimate compliment!!! Your Like Sig Master! You need a nick name...
Exo force
EXtra awsome...
Extra X-treme
EXtra spicy
EXtreme Sig maker...
Exo to the Extreme
Exonator.....

I think im gonna go wit.... Extra X-treme!
xD thanks. I think Exia sounds good.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
it's such a shame that such a good tournament will got to waste because of a pitiful character, really.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
I do not think CAT will be around today, but I will check back at 4 pm.
Oh yeah, MEGAMAN is amazing, especially megaman64...:D

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
I LOVE megaman and all but, i don't see what holding a tourny has to do with megaman

unless if megaman was in BRAWL!!

oh well

MEGAMAN 9 FTW!

Top Bottom