• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Stage Discussion Thread - Rediscussing: Castle Siege

Ono

Smash Cadet
Okay...next is Pirate Ship. I hate this stage -_-. I don't even see why it's legal. There's water for almost the whole time, and the freakin' bombs get in the way. Possible F-tilt lock when the ship is sunken at the rocks.

Bans: Ike, Ganondorf, Wolf?

Anybody have any videos?

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
Yea the only time I play this stage is for fun haha. Uhh You could use the platforms for some thundersliding, and be careful with the thing that flings you.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Bump!

Anyway, this is a stage I play for fun, so I wouldn't know what to give it.
My guess would have to be 6/10 or 7/10 just because it's a random stage

Ono

Smash Cadet
I guess not too many people play on pirate ship =/.

Next is Lylat Cruise. This is usually the other neutral. Too bad it can't be Halberd =/.l These next stages are gonna be the boring ones that you have nothing to say about =/. Tilting messes with pretty much everything you have, autocancelling, SHPKF, PKT2. I like how the platforms are positioned though. Pretty big blastzones. Ban against ZSS, Pit.

6/10? 5/10?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
5/10 for me... I usually avoid this and strike it along with Yoshi's Island... I can't stand the tilting with PKF, it's just too hard. This is the ultimate kiss stage, it can seriously mess up recovery in so many ways. If I have to go on this stage I use G&W :p...

BTW change name...

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
lylat, while an absolutly beautiful stage, just isn't good for our favorite psychic dork. tilting messes up autocancels, fire, and can possibly jew pkt2. plus utilt can't go through the middle platform, so lucas's poking game is hindered too.

4/10. strike it.

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
Agreed on what's been said. I avoid this stage altogether, and it just doesnt favor a lucas main. What's more annoying is that recovering with PKT2 can be fatal if it tilts, and its a very hard ledge to sweet spot to begin with. Just ban with yoshi's island and all is not lost then haha. 4/10, 5/10

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
So for Pictochat a total ban i'd think to ban against DDD... it's so big and walls... it just seems scary against him... I seriously don't see why this stage isn't banned...

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
I can see why it's not banned. It's a fairly balanced level with a few hazards that appear, just like Halberd has the laser, the cannonball, and the crane claw. Also, Jungle Japes has an almost-always one hit kill Klaptrap in it, and it's legal.

I don't think it's a terrible level. There's not enough platforms, and it's a long flat surface to get chaingrabbed on. The fire may get in the way of an Usmash kill, and the spikes may get in the way of recovery from the sides. There's plenty of hazards to use to your advantage, though, such as the kart, the wind, the fire, the spikes, and the bombs to name a few. ...However, anyone else can use these, too.

...Ok, maybe it IS a terrible Lucas level. The only pro I can really see is that the walls that appear during the percent sign, boat, whale, and box pyramid transitions can be used for F-Tilt locking. That's all I got. =/

Uffe

Smash Hero
If it isn't banned, I can kind of see why. Especially with wall infinites and such. They're not going to stay there too long anyway, so that part is dealt with. This stage doesn't have much to offer other than getting behind walls and using a forward dash or down smash. With the way Lucas throws his opponents, there are some things you can do with that. Toss them into one of the four spikes, throw them into any missile, fireballs and so on. The terrain itself doesn't really alter, so it's basically a cross between Final Destination and maybe Pokemon Stadium, just with a chance of hazards.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Slopes are good. I'd think they are anyway. It could make grab releases a little difficult. I'm not sure.

heytallman

CTALL
I like Pictochat. Also, when recovering, sometimes you can catch the slope and ride along the ground, mayhaps catching your opponent off guard.

I dunno how good it is for Lucas, but I thoroughly enjoy playing here.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to believe that as long as you stay out of the way of the major hazards, you shouldn't have any troubles here, except for DDD and the walls. That's just my opinion, anyway.

Ono

Smash Cadet
Whoops...I should've posted here a long time ago. I forgot to press reply lol.
Pictochat. I don't really see any disadvantages/advantages of the slope. There are no bad drawings EXCEPT the one with the eyes and the diagonal line. You can NOT grab the ledge if you are on the left side of the stage. So watch out for that. 6/10? No need to do bans b/c of the match-up thread

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Didn't know that about the left edge during that slope - I always get caught under the right side. 6/10 sounds good to me.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I love Smashville, it's possibly one of my favorite stages. It's my favorite neutral, it has a perfect platform that has really cool thunderslide effects and d-smash effects (I have a lol computer replay of getting a D-smash on Luigi 6 times in a row XD) Wavebounce covers nearly the whole stage. I love the lips of the stage and sometimes if someones trying to gimp me, I'll land on the platform. Overall this is a good stage. I'd give it 8 or 9/10

heytallman

CTALL
Smashville is a good neutral for us, and probably my top pick (only beat out by FD if it's against a character I need to camp hardcore against).

Rachmaninav89

Smash Apprentice
Smashville is a lot of fun, it's a good neutral. Just watch out with mr snake going "lol im going to put this trigger c4 on the moving platform and hit lucas with it" kind of thing. Other than that its a great neutral. You can also do like a weird half thunderslide on the moving platform, which might help a little. stage. 8/10, 9/10?

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
pk thunder on the platform depending on direction is like auto thundersliding, similar to PK thunder out of a dash on ice

one thing to note is that lucario can't wall cling on this stage. if he hits the slope under the edge, he grabs the ledge. if someone's already on the ledge, he dies.

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
I honestly wouldn't give this level a 9/10. Maybe an 8. When the platform is off the side of the stage, it becomes a slightly smaller FD and gives Lucas all the cons (and pros) that FD gives; Also, MK can do better here than on FD due to the platform.

Also, as mentioned, it's not good against Snake as he can plant the mine and C4 on the moving platform to further gimp. DDD's chaingrab is also a force to be reckoned with on this long, flat level.

However, the platform is still an advantage, and it is a better neutral, but I believe 9 is a bit too high considering our other rankings like Brinstar and Jungle Japes - perhaps a 7/10, MAYBE an 8/10 tops.

Ono

Smash Cadet
Okay...now that we've done all the legal stages...next are the Counter/Banned. Weegee's Mansion is next. This is another one of Lucas' best stages. You can combo like mad in here, and you can U-tilt combo on the ceiling. D-smash on pillars for mindgames. I would not take MK or Lucario here. Thoughts? 8/10?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I wouldn't take MK anywhere... Well I know d-throw to d-tilt lock is beast in here. Central NC is extremely strict in CP's, so I don't really know much

NickOTeen

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, it's rarely allowed in NC, so I don't get much playtime there. I like it, but my opinion has little to help aid this discussion.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
bump... yeah, I think a 8/10 would be fine, we can sort of camp the stage and the inside is too good for Lucas

heytallman

CTALL
Luigi's Mansion rocks for Lucas. Like so much. The only character I wouldn't take here would be Olimar. Olimar ***** so much there. Pillars are good for dsmash, and you can position yourself between the bottom and top pillars for a super long upsmash hitbox. And you can live forever, provided you can tech/DI.

edit: Also this, just so I can get it more views: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQs6L20QRqQ I made this after actually pulling this off in a match with my roommate.

10/10

Ono

Smash Cadet
Sorry...I would have updated it sooner, but my computer is broken.

Next is Norfair.
1st of all, do not go in that box when the lava comes. You are so vulnerable in that thing. Just shield it, or go on the edge, and slowly roll onto the platform. If the other person goes in it, you can either go on top of it, and D-smash, or you can go under and U-smash.
Recovery is much easier here, more platforms to PKT2, and lava helps recovery too.
9/10? Thoughts?

heytallman

CTALL
I like to plank here. Gain a stock/% lead, and then grab the ledge on the top one, when they come near, jump off, double jump, and magnet pull over to the other side of the stage, then repeat. It kinda works. Also, I love going into the box. If you can get the other person in there and you can start dsmashing, forget about it. Too good. Overall, it's pretty good, I'd say.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
9/10, This is a campy stage for Lucas because his PK Freeze actually works here... I recomend taking people who like to fight on the ground here because it is great to get them in the air here. I think we may be able to whiplash(?) Just don't aerial rapist here... Also, don't get too campy, just campy enough to force an approach, seriously, I've seen a ROB lose to a Link on Japes because all he tried to do was camp, and he failed... Our U-smash and D-smash are also rapist on this stage, It let's you exploit the area below Lucas that has a hitbox XD. When you're at high percents you're going to want to stay in the middle where it's fartherst from the Death Boundries. When you want your opponet to die take him up to the top platforms w/ your forcing to approach... that's all I have.

EDIT: Oh yeah, D-tilt lock inside the capsule is smexy

Ono

Smash Cadet
Usually the person doesn't go into the box, so I find staying outside is safer, so you don't eat moves that go through the capsule. Thoughts on the capsule?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Our D-smash and U-smash go through it even when we're in there, I assume against some characters that don't have smashes like ours we can go safely in there... also, Tether Ledge grab to Ledge Grab to roll will help you time the lava easily...

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
I love getting to the capsule, and right before it closes off, I throw out a pk thunder to skim the other person's shield, and even push them off ledges to get hit by the flame wall.

I woud say more about my sensual love for this stage, but sadly i seems that all the tournaments ive been planning on going to are banning the stage (which I dont understand at all).

It seems that the CP list is getting shorter and shorter, I wouldnt be suprised if we will only be able to play on neutrals because people keep *****ing about stages. I dont understand why people hate norfair, the hazards are easily seen and can be avoided....pisses me off >=O

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
i agree with chaostheory on this one. poeple nerd to learn the stage instead of banning *stares at inui*

this stage either loves me or hates me. seems to depend on the time of month. all around a good stage and good against people who hate gay stages. id say an 8/10

Top Bottom