• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I can't see the image.

:135:
"Chances are, you visit a huge array of different websites every day. What you might not know is that while you do that, there is an “invisible web” at work: companies are following your activities, collecting your data, and using it in various ways. They do it through technology known as “trackers.”
Trackers are neither inherently good nor inherently bad — they are a fact of life and their purposes vary widely, from the helpful to the potentially creepy. Some of them allow you to customize your experience on the websites you frequent and they recognize you when you return to favorite sites. Ever have the experience of visiting a website and then seeing ads for that business show up everywhere you go afterward? That’s because of trackers. And, behind the scenes, trackers build profiles of users’ web behavior, data which is regularly sold to companies you may have never heard of. "

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
"Chances are, you visit a huge array of different websites every day. What you might not know is that while you do that, there is an “invisible web” at work: companies are following your activities, collecting your data, and using it in various ways. They do it through technology known as “trackers.”
Trackers are neither inherently good nor inherently bad — they are a fact of life and their purposes vary widely, from the helpful to the potentially creepy. Some of them allow you to customize your experience on the websites you frequent and they recognize you when you return to favorite sites. Ever have the experience of visiting a website and then seeing ads for that business show up everywhere you go afterward? That’s because of trackers. And, behind the scenes, trackers build profiles of users’ web behavior, data which is regularly sold to companies you may have never heard of. "
Whoa.

That was almost, majestic! I never knew. I mean, I knew that there were people who tracked you website usage but never to this extent. Whoa

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm in a bad mood.
What would you guys say the Link vs Mario MU is? A few Marios think it's in Link's favor.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I feel mostly negative about trackers. I knew they existed, but if some option existed to just turn that off, I'll feel more comfortable. (now I'm gonna start seeing adblocker or something everywhere, lol) But about this Mario vs Link MU, Link's bombs have priority of Mario's fireballs, so Link wins the range battle, imo. And Mario isn't a fastfaller, so jab,jab, spin attack is a kill option. Mario can't duck under any projectiles, but he does have the cape and fludd, which work both defensively and offensively, and he also has good combo game. Honestly, I can't say for sure who's favor it's in. If I had to choose, though, it'd be Link, like by a fraction, though.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Mario has better aerial movement, offstage game, quicker projectile, quicker kill moves, and makes absolute & utter combo food of us. I feel like the MU is slanted towards Mario more than a little, but it's not unwinnable. I'd give it anywhere from 30/70 : 40/60 Mario's favor.

He's a one of the characters in the game who really don't have any trouble getting through Link's zoning, and his ability to do so much damage in simple combos with a good throw game make him very troublesome.

Ooh and beware stages with walled ledges, he can easily gimp every Up-b that's not in sweetspot distance with F.L.U.D.D and walljump his way back onstage with little fear.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Mario has better aerial movement, offstage game, quicker projectile, quicker kill moves, and makes absolute & utter combo food of us. I feel like the MU is slanted towards Mario more than a little, but it's not unwinnable. 40/60 Mario's favor.

He's a one of the characters in the game who really don't have any trouble getting through Link's zoning, and his ability to do so much damage in simple combos with a good throw game.

Ooh and beware stages with walled ledges, he can easily gimp every Up-b that's not in sweetspot distance with F.L.U.D.D and walljump his way back onstage with little fear.
^This was the experience I had. 4/6Mario. He dances around Link's zoning and combos hard.
(Relating to this post in the vid thread)
http://smashboards.com/threads/vide...-vs-larry-and-sm.369394/page-19#post-20006490

Serac

Smash Cadet
I feel mostly negative about trackers. I knew they existed, but if some option existed to just turn that off, I'll feel more comfortable. (now I'm gonna start seeing adblocker or something everywhere, lol) But about this Mario vs Link MU, Link's bombs have priority of Mario's fireballs, so Link wins the range battle, imo. And Mario isn't a fastfaller, so jab,jab, spin attack is a kill option. Mario can't duck under any projectiles, but he does have the cape and fludd, which work both defensively and offensively, and he also has good combo game. Honestly, I can't say for sure who's favor it's in. If I had to choose, though, it'd be Link, like by a fraction, though.
I believe that Adblock doesn't take care of trackers, you have to use something like Ghostery.

Serac

Smash Cadet
Yeah that's what I use
Ah right, I had not seen your post, it's a good software to deal with unwanted things from websites and seeing what Microsoft is doing with Windows 10 similar software probably will become the norm...

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Finally gunna beat mass effect 3. Man there was a lot of game to play between the 3 games + dlc

Last edited:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I'm in a bad mood.
What would you guys say the Link vs Mario MU is? A few Marios think it's in Link's favor.
Well those Marios are wrong.

And if anyone wants to discuss the MU, I believe there is a thread for that. I'd be glad to discuss it as I use the character myself as well as play good Marios quite often.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ah....
Hello Links. Let me cut out this useless pleasantry. I need myself a Hylian champion who will face numerous evils, and actually be a hero.
In fact, I need two, so that we may create a world in which we both want to live.

You will get a chance to fight along-side me, as a rare opportunity.

So yes! Prepare your swords, and be prepared to fight 'till your last breath. Bring a wallet full of rupees as well. Well, my champions, we will soon face our first challenge.

So who shall be my remaining 2 Tri Force heroes hmmm? Well, you must first prove yourself to the Great Ganondorf. So, this shall be fun. Shall it?
BAHAHAHA!

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Ah....
Hello Links. Let me cut out this useless pleasantry. I need myself a Hylian champion who will face numerous evils, and actually be a hero.
In fact, I need two, so that we may create a world in which we both want to live.

So yes! Prepare your swords, and be prepared to fight 'till your last breath. Bring a wallet full of rupees as well. Well, my champions, we will soon face our first challenge.

So who shall be my remaining 2 Tri Force heroes hmmm? Well, you must first prove yourself to the Great Ganondorf. So, this shall be fun. Shall it?
BAHAHAHA!
This intrigues me.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Ah yes, while the notion is similar, I guess there is a lesson to be had. Do not write anything when you have been asleep for over 24 hours. Heed this well children, heed it well.
BAHAHAHA!
I actually thought that wishing to get rid of useless peasants worked better for the whole 'evil king' thing you have going on. It was a fortunate mistake.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Ah....

BAHAHAHA!

I'M SICKENED, but curious.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Ah....

BAHAHAHA!
You had me at hello.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
This intrigues me.
I'M SICKENED, but curious.
You had me at hello.
I actually thought that wishing to get rid of useless peasants worked better for the whole 'evil king' thing you have going on. It was a fortunate mistake.
Hmmm, only 3(Maybe 4) people are interested?

Wow, you Links sure are lacking courage around these parts! Maybe you girls should strap on a pair or two. Like these fine people here.

Perhaps you ladies do not know what it means to be a real gamer.
BAHAHAHA!

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Ah....

BAHAHAHA!
I'd be down. May the Triforce of Power be with us, thy King of Evil.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Why do I need to prove myself to you? I never seen you fight, maybe it's you that needs to prove yourself.
Ah, but nearly everyone here would agree that my knowledge of the Zelda franchise is unmatched. If you have been around these parts long enough, you would know that I eradicate nonsense regarding the Zelda franchise. Furthermore, it is odd. You also know me from ZD. Where I take a different, less dangerous form. My knowledge of Zelda is still fully there as well however.
Which makes for my Tri Force heroes expedition to be quite interesting.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, I been dining this drawing for a little while and I was wondering if I could have some of your opinions about it.
image.jpg

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sometimes I think the smash gods don't want me to play. When I tried to go to live things something always came up like my mom being in the hospital. My internet sucks on some days but works fine others except for cutting off when I get a phone call. And I always need to be ready to pick up. Or I get home late and am too tired.
Tonight I had controller trouble. I went through 3 controllers; first one the plastic control stick skin came off, 2nd was a really old one and the L button didn't pop up and the 3rd was fine but I was in a bad mood by then. My game goes to hell when I'm in a bad mood.
Do you ever get the feeling that nothing, no matter how small or big ever works? Everything's a cluster fudge.
/rant :mad:

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Ah, but nearly everyone here would agree that my knowledge of the Zelda franchise is unmatched. If you have been around these parts long enough, you would know that I eradicate nonsense regarding the Zelda franchise. Furthermore, it is odd. You also know me from ZD. Where I take a different, less dangerous form. My knowledge of Zelda is still fully there as well however.
Wait, this is about Tri Force Heros? I thought this was about Smash?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Now I got some good wifi games in vs a CF/Falco player :). I hate how inconsistent my game is but I'm under a lot of stress.
Everyone hates Links; I blame spammy FG players. We need to get people to live tourneys and inform people about Link. There's so much misinformation and hate.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Wait, this is about Tri Force Heros? I thought this was about Smash?
Ah....

BAHAHAHA!
It is definitely about triforce heroes.
BAHAHAHA!

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Your knowledge is unmatch eh?

Then tell me.....

How old is Young Link?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I heard this was the place for introductions so, hello Link mains! My name's Gene and I've always loved playing with Link since Smash 64. I lurk here every now and then but never post even though I've been wanting to improve with Link for some time now. I haven't been going to offline tourneys lately due to no transportation, and now I live far away from my friends that regularly go to tournaments. Real life drama has always gotten in the way for me to start taking competitive smash seriously. But I can say now that I can make time for improvement and start being more social towards smash players.

I gotta git gud with the man in green (preferably blue or shadow).:4link:

Last edited:
Top Bottom