• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
@ Drigo Toes Drigo Toes I saw you posted in that FB Italian smash group and that you should play today. Am I correct? Hope you enjoy the smash fest and Milan in general!
EDIT: Never mind. Just saw your photo with the other smashers posted on FB

EDIT2: Damn it, all these cool things that I forget about. I'm super hyped for Pokken on Wii U. The hope is that it will become a big competitive game. I'd love to see three nintendo games make it at EVO

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
@ Drigo Toes Drigo Toes I saw you posted in that FB Italian smash group and that you should play today. Am I correct? Hope you enjoy the smash fest and Milan in general!
EDIT: Never mind. Just saw your photo with the other smashers posted on FB

EDIT2: Damn it, all these cool things that I forget about. I'm super hyped for Pokken on Wii U. The hope is that it will become a big competitive game. I'd love to see three nintendo games make it at EVO
It was too much fun! The guys are very nice! You have to actually invite that Link player... He is too good (i actually played against his Gay, he didn't like the ditto i think)

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Speaking of Gay, I just beat Wind Waker HD after beating it many many moons ago when it was on the Cube... Nostalgic, this night has become.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Just got back from a tourney with all the top NC and SC players (including ESAM! FINALLY got to meet the guy after like 5 years). 9th out of 56. Not too shabby. Had a couple of hype wins too.
Great work! :awesome:

Edit, why is all of smashboards so dead today? It's Sunday :/

I really need to learn MUs. I don't know how to space most characters until playing vs them 3 or 4 games, then I start to win.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got some good wifi games in :). I only play about once a week and my game is inconsistent as hell :ohwell:.

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
So right now I'm currently ranked #14 in MN statistically. The top 20 is going to vote for the top 10 based on their analysis. I hope I make the top 10. That's been one of my goals since the start of summer.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Slow day today too.

So which timeline do you think resulted in the best "future" for Hyrule in the long run?
I say I'm far more partial to the Fallen Hero timeline. Hyrule hits some extremely high times as things move forward, even after Ganon takes over in tLoZ and the rebuilding is continuing during Zelda II.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Slow day today too.

So which timeline do you think resulted in the best "future" for Hyrule in the long run?
I say I'm far more partial to the Fallen Hero timeline. Hyrule hits some extremely high times as things move forward, even after Ganon takes over in tLoZ and the rebuilding is continuing during Zelda II.
BAHAHAHA!
That is quite silly.
That timeline goes starts with Link's death, and Ganondorf taking the triforce to himself, creating the dark world.
All of the Hylian knights(Servants of Hylia) sans Link and his Uncle were killed off.
ALttP Link does some great things, and goes on adventures, and even beats Ganondorf, but even that was all in vain.
Ganon takes over Hyrule, completely levels it, turning all of the area into harsh uncivilized wilderness. Link gets the Triforce piece from me, yada yada yada, but the world, even in AoL was quite grim. Monsters were still roaming rampant in Hyrule, civilization has somewhat gone corrupt, and there is still a huge chance of Ganon being revived.

Regarding the timeline though, the Child and Adult timeline easily has the best future of them all. It ends in Four Swords Adventures.

Civilization is prosperous, of which the Gerudo surprisingly repopulate after the Genocide of them between OoT and TP. Technology was advancing, and they even had the descendants of the sages at their will
Vaati is dead after a last ditch effort.
The Original Ganondorf has been dead for at least a century, while a new Ganondorf was killed as well.

The Adult Timeline is ok regarding the future, but it had also a very terrible history with thousands upon thousands of people drowning. That ends off with Ganondorf completely dead, and Malladus dead as well. Technology is advancing at a huge rate(They are almost back to pre-Skyward Sword Era).

But overall, the world of Zelda is pretty ****ed anyway.
Pre Skyward Sword, humanity was at a technological level even above our own. They had a good power source, and even robots to their bidding. They were able to live in piece... Until they got greedy... And kept mining the timeshift stones even deeper.... They were destroying the environment, and causing earthquakes too because of the unstable ground. Demise comes in, ****s things up, and humanity is pushed back to the age of steel..... Then we have these constant revivals and falls of Hyrule, making it so technology never becomes advanced again..... Except in the Adult timeline.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey Links, sup? Be a while, how are you all?

Anyway, I have something to say that will probable blow your minds!

What if the reason the sand is called sand is because it is between the land and the sea?
:135:

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
BAHAHAHA!
That is quite silly.
That timeline goes starts with Link's death, and Ganondorf taking the triforce to himself, creating the dark world.
All of the Hylian knights(Servants of Hylia) sans Link and his Uncle were killed off.
ALttP Link does some great things, and goes on adventures, and even beats Ganondorf, but even that was all in vain.
Ganon takes over Hyrule, completely levels it, turning all of the area into harsh uncivilized wilderness. Link gets the Triforce piece from me, yada yada yada, but the world, even in AoL was quite grim. Monsters were still roaming rampant in Hyrule, civilization has somewhat gone corrupt, and there is still a huge chance of Ganon being revived.

Regarding the timeline though, the Child and Adult timeline easily has the best future of them all. It ends in Four Swords Adventures.

Civilization is prosperous, of which the Gerudo surprisingly repopulate after the Genocide of them between OoT and TP. Technology was advancing, and they even had the descendants of the sages at their will
Vaati is dead after a last ditch effort.
The Original Ganondorf has been dead for at least a century, while a new Ganondorf was killed as well.

The Adult Timeline is ok regarding the future, but it had also a very terrible history with thousands upon thousands of people drowning. That ends off with Ganondorf completely dead, and Malladus dead as well. Technology is advancing at a huge rate(They are almost back to pre-Skyward Sword Era).

But overall, the world of Zelda is pretty ****ed anyway.
Pre Skyward Sword, humanity was at a technological level even above our own. They had a good power source, and even robots to their bidding. They were able to live in piece... Until they got greedy... And kept mining the timeshift stones even deeper.... They were destroying the environment, and causing earthquakes too because of the unstable ground. Demise comes in, ****s things up, and humanity is pushed back to the age of steel..... Then we have these constant revivals and falls of Hyrule, making it so technology never becomes advanced again..... Except in the Adult timeline.
Agreed on the "world of Zelda is pretty ****ed anyway."
I'd really like to see more pre-timeline split games.

The following is just my reasoning on things.

Regarding the Adult Timeline, my issue is that Hyrule is flooded forever by the gods due to the destruction wrought by Ganondorf's return in an effort to stop him and, for the most part, it's memory and history are forgotten except for folklore. Then in the end, Hyrule is truly destroyed after Windwaker and the only way to preserve any of it is to sail to a far off land and try to settle a new type of kingdom under the same name. To me this means that Hyrule has been completely eliminated.

The Child Timeline to me seems pretty grim for the assumed gruesome war that comes after Link's departure from Hyrule to Termina that doesn't successfully execute Ganondorf, but sets up Hyrule to later be overrun and conquered by the corrupted Twilight Realm's leadership. To me this comes off as the second best timeline, though Hyrule itself went through a horrendous civil war (for a second time, more or less).

The Fallen Hero Timeline to me comes off as the best, even though it begins with Link's defeat. The resulting time after the sealing war buys enough time for Hyrule to grow and become very prosperous until Agahnim overthrows the Royal Family and Link slays Ganon before he is able to take Hyrule completely. Then Link travels to far off lands and manages to prevent Ganon's return though he allegedly doesn't make it back to Hyrule himself by the end of Link's Awakening. Then during aLBW we see Hyrule is in a very rich and more prosperous state (or at least it hasn't fallen to a state worse than in aLttP). Then there's all the years that Hyrule is known to have a Golden Age until Ganon is revived and slain in the LoZ, and his return is prevented in Zelda II. By that time we already see many more people have returned and towns have been rebuilt - quite a feet in just a few years after one heck of a razing. In fact, I'd say that kind of bounce back recovery shows how prosperous the world was and still must be, and implies a pretty bright future afterwards.

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I wouldn't really know what the best time line is considering they're all really messed up in their own ways but I'd say the darkest of the 3 is definitely the Child time line... Majora's mask is reason enough for that. This time line dealt with an actual apocalypse. I'd say this time line looks pretty grim.

Regardless, every time they're successful there's something even worse to bring them down. I mean, look at the Great Sea Era. It was a catastrophe that forced the gods to sink the world in a fish-less ocean, and left a miniscule amount of people to try to create a life on the top of a handful of sunken mountains. All because Ganon was sealed. In reality, no matter how much good they do, it always turns out bad. They're victims of their own success.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hey Links, sup? Be a while, how are you all?

Anyway, I have something to say that will probable blow your minds!

What if the reason the sand is called sand is because it is between the land and the sea?
I think this would be more effectively phrased "between the sea and land" if you're doing a play on words. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it though.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Got back from a Melee low tier only tourney tonight. Made it to Grand Finals. Took my opponent to game five, last stock, before he beat me, resetting the bracket. Then the venue decided to close early tonight. We settled on a draw, and both placed first. It felt good.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The fires in Idaho are causing a lot of smoke and haze here in CO. My eyes, nose and throat are reacting to it. I'll be glad when it cools down too; 95 degree days are too hot. :/

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
So recently I've gotten into jogging every morning. I used to only be able to manage jogging 1 mile out of the four miles of my daily route. Now, I can jog 4 miles without stopping. The transition took about 1 week, and man does it feel like a great accomplishment.
Also, for anyone in the Seattle, Tacoma, or Olympia area, I have access to water park passes. If you'd like a pass, let me know a couple of days in advance, and I'll see if I can hook you up with one.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You guys talking about which time line is best?

Hm......

I would have to say either the Adult or the Child, though the Child IMO comes out probable best. Yes, their was the genocide of the Gerudos and Ganon's rule, though after that, this time line comes off better than the other two, the Adult comes close. The reason why I think the fallen hero time line is the worst is because eventually, hyrule becomes the waste land (I can't think of a better word) it
is during Zelda 1.

I think this would be more effectively phrased "between the sea and land" if you're doing a play on words. Maybe I'm misinterpreting it though.

I though this joke would have had a better effect on people :/

Rizen

Smash Legend
I can hike pretty far but only run about 1/3 of a mile at a time :/ I've had to walk at night it's been so hot in the day.

There are a lot of threads around the site fill with wifi warriors' advice on how MUs go and tournaments should be run :facepalm: I'm glad you guys don't put up with that baloney.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
So I'll be heading to the first tournament (a relevant one) I've been to in over a year next weekend, so I'm certainly looking forward to it. Any advice to give, like mindset, goals, etc?

Last edited:

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
So I'll be heading to the first tournament (a relevant one) I've been to in over a year next weekend, so I'm certainly looking forward to it. Any advice to give, like mindset, goals, etc?
I'd just practice bombslides and grabs. Just keep practicing, and you'll be good.

Top Bottom