• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
Flying out to Paragon first thing in the morning tomorrow. Wish me luck... I guess. :s

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Question. How many of these Metal Gear games have to be play on consoles like Xbox or Playstation?
All of them are on PS3
I think you can play 1 on Playstation, PS2, and Gamecube. 2 is on PS2, and XBox360. 3 is on PS2, 3DS, and XBox360. 4 is on PS3 only. 5 is on PS4 only. Revengence is on XBox360 and PS3.

Also, I forgot about these two in the earlier post, but "Portable Ops" and "Peace Walker" are canon, also. I forgot to put them in because they suck ass. But they're inbetween 3 and 5 chronologically, and Portable Ops can only be played on PSP, while Peace Walker can be played on PSP, PS3, and XBox360.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
All of them are on PS3
I think you can play 1 on Playstation, PS2, and Gamecube. 2 is on PS2, and XBox360. 3 is on PS2, 3DS, and XBox360. 4 is on PS3 only. 5 is on PS4 only. Revengence is on XBox360 and PS3.

Also, I forgot about these two in the earlier post, but "Portable Ops" and "Peace Walker" are canon, also. I forgot to put them in because they suck ***. But they're inbetween 3 and 5 chronologically, and Portable Ops can only be played on PSP, while Peace Walker can be played on PSP, PS3, and XBox360.
Dam, seems like the only one I can play is 1.

I only have Nintendo consoles. :/

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
Dam, seems like the only one I can play is 1.

I only have Nintendo consoles. :/
You can watch a let's play/walkthrough, that's what I do.

The Metal Gear games are pretty good, I'd say it's worth it, you can even skip some boring parts.

Also hi Link social, Link secondary here. ^^

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You can watch a let's play/walkthrough, that's what I do.

The Metal Gear games are pretty good, I'd say it's worth it, you can even skip some boring parts.

Also hi Link social, Link secondary here. ^^
I don't know. I don't really want to spoil the game for me. It's not like say Sonic '06 where I don't really plan to play. I am think about possible playing it in the future.

:135:

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
Well then there's not really much you can do but buy the consoles to play it. :/
I'd buy a PS4 if you plan to, it'll probably end up having every MGS game able to be played on it eventually.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well then there's not really much you can do but buy the consoles to play it. :/
I'd buy a PS4 if you plan to, it'll probably end up having every MGS game able to be played on it eventually.
Parent's won't allow me to :(

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
Anyone planning on getting Hyrule Warriors for 3DS?
It looks pretty good to me.

On top of that, how fun is Majora's Mask 3DS compared to the original? I see it has a lot more bright colors, I'm a little unsure about that, but I'll probably end up buying it anyway. Does it come off as too vibrant for anyone else or is that just me? Haha..

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Anyone planning on getting Hyrule Warriors for 3DS?
It looks pretty good to me.

On top of that, how fun is Majora's Mask 3DS compared to the original? I see it has a lot more bright colors, I'm a little unsure about that, but I'll probably end up buying it anyway. Does it come off as too vibrant for anyone else or is that just me? Haha..
I'm planing to get HWL. Looks cool.

Get it. Just get. It is the original but better. There are a few things that the original does better (Some of the boss fights felt to easy compared to the originals) but it's still a brilliant game. The graphics upgrade helps a lot too.

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
I'm planing to get HWL. Looks cool.

Get it. Just get. It is the original but better. There are a few things that the original does better (Some of the boss fights felt to easy compared to the originals) but it's still a brilliant game. The graphics upgrade helps a lot too.

Thanks, I'll take your advice. Too bad about the boss battles, but hey, it'll be fun. Played the original twice already a while ago so this might be a breath of fresh air and a nostalgia trip.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
He's no longer in a pool with M2K, but he has some other very tough opponents like True Blue, Charliedaking and Android.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Hm... First things first. Hello dear Bomberm-... Link mains and secondaries!
After a rather LONG Smash break... I returned. With PASSION for Link. So fun to play.
He never dropped from my secondaries with a reason, but yeah. Heya!

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Welcome back :)

Link's in the bottom 18 characters.
http://smashboards.com/threads/viability-ratings-v2-competitive-impressions.410551/
Some minor buffs to frame data would make him mid tier. Frame 5 jab 1. 1 or 2 frames less start and/or endlag on several moves and jump-squat. Slightly better air speed. Slightly more hitlag on moves like Dthrow, jab 2, Dtilt.
I sadly do know about his current positioning, doesn't really hold me back enjoying him tho.
Still have my mains for competeditve usage!

And thanks for the greeting! I agree completely... maybe we get a nice little buff like Ike got it lately next patch? One can only dream.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Welcome back :)

Link's in the bottom 18 characters.
http://smashboards.com/threads/viability-ratings-v2-competitive-impressions.410551/
Some minor buffs to frame data would make him mid tier. Frame 5 jab 1. 1 or 2 frames less start and/or endlag on several moves and jump-squat. Slightly better air speed. Slightly more hitlag on moves like Dthrow, jab 2, Dtilt.
Sounds like my ideal list, but I'd also like to bring his frame 4 nair from Melee back, but with the knockback properties it currently has in Smash 4. Also, doesn't he have decent representation? What's he doing in bottom 18?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I was playing offline vs CPUs to get my Link more consistent. I tried to grab Yoshi but he Usmashed and the little hop animation went over it causing the grab to miss. :glare:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I was playing offline vs CPUs to get my Link more consistent. I tried to grab Yoshi but he Usmashed and the little hop animation went over it causing the grab to miss. :glare:
Rekt

How mad are you

Rizen

Smash Legend
Why are the forums so dead? It's Saturday. Not just the Link forum but all I watch haven't gotten any posts.

I've been hiking and walking some. It's finally cooling down in the day. Last month it was upper 90s and sometimes 100+ degrees out. I greatly prefer too cold over too hot.

I gotten a few days to relax. Stress was getting the better of me last week.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Headed to another tournament next Sunday. I'm feeling good about this one.

Also, Splatoon. I ****ing love it.

Last edited:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Any idea whether Scizor was on stream @ Paragon? Looks like he's in the bracket for Smash 4 and all.

Also Metal Gear Solid V is also on PS3, XB1 & 360 to the folks talking about that.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Any idea whether Scizor was on stream @ Paragon? Looks like he's in the bracket for Smash 4 and all.
He wasn't, only a few pools were streamed and going through them it doesn't seem his was. I do assume he at least made, half of SoCal was there lol. Incidentally, DJTHED was knocked out of his pools: 'beat somebody, lost to True Blue, beat 2 more, lost to a Mario.

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
Incidentally, DJTHED was knocked out of his pools: 'beat somebody, lost to True Blue, beat 2 more, lost to a Mario.
I feel like I could have done better and gone farther in the bracket at least, but I was playing pretty bad. I was doing things I don't normally do, most of which were unintentional technical errors.

Anyway, I had my brother record as much as he could of my matches with his phone. I'll upload them as soon as I get home.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
That sucks :( You mean shoplifting?
Yea. It sucks.
He wasn't, only a few pools were streamed and going through them it doesn't seem his was. I do assume he at least made, half of SoCal was there lol. Incidentally, DJTHED was knocked out of his pools: 'beat somebody, lost to True Blue, beat 2 more, lost to a Mario.
You let us down DJ. Leave and never come back. (Jk, please don't go.)

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Have you had a lot of tournament experience, DJ? Either way, props, dude. Just attending a tourney is exciting, let alone participating in one.

Top Bottom