• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Krystal Makes Her Brawl Appearance...

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
We already have two, did we really need ANOTHER blue animal anyway? :ohwell:
Actually, Brawl has three blue animals if you count Lucario as well as Sonic and Falco. Maybe Sakurai didn't like the idea of having four blue animals in the roster? Still, Falco should have been dropped and Krystal added.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
What really confuses me is the fact that Sakurai actually showed interest in adding Krystal at one point, and he still didn't do it.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
She deserves better than having one of the most insignificant roles in the whole game.

I hear she's an unlockable Assist Trophy though, so there may still be hope...

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
It bothered me at first but I got over it. I just think about the Star Fox coming for Wii and hope shes in too.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
If she is, she'll probably be given 20 more experimental personalities and barely have any real role in the story, just like Nintendo's done with her in the last two SF games...

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I so glad shes gone. I dont think she was added because she probably is easily seen by sakurai as too racy and also she the most annoying fans.

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
I know a lot of people wanted Krystal as playable. But, Krystal and Ridley fans should be at least happy their character made it into the game period. I'm a Midna fan, and she didn't make it in as a playable character/boss/cameo/assist trophy or anything except maybe a regular trophy or sticker. The same goes for many other fan bases such as King K. Rool, Takamaru, Sukapon, Knuckles, Tails, Geno, Bowser Jr. (unless the rumor of his assist trophy was true), etc.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
If Krystal isn't an Assist, I'm certainly not gonna be happy about her being put on Slippy's level once again and getting only two lines of dialogue and a tiny shot of her face during Fox and Falco's very hard to pull off secret taunt.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I know a lot of people wanted Krystal as playable. But, Krystal and Ridley fans should be at least happy their character made it into the game period. I'm a Midna fan, and she didn't make it in as a playable character/boss/cameo/assist trophy or anything except maybe a regular trophy or sticker. The same goes for many other fan bases such as King K. Rool, Takamaru, Sukapon, Knuckles, Tails, Geno, Bowser Jr. (unless the rumor of his assist trophy was true), etc.
I don't understand the Logic of not including K. Rool in brawl. Krystal should have got in also... although I am not apart of her fan base just thought she would be interesting.

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
I so glad shes gone. I dont think she was added because she probably is easily seen by sakurai as too racy and also she the most annoying fans.
Hmm, and ZSS in a skin tight suit is not racy?
And Grammar please. Don't diss her fans because people can like whoever they want.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Well, from what I've seen, opinions on Krystal are pretty much split right down the middle among the SF fanbase, even if not here at SWF.

Me, I do believe she deserved better than this. Her and Ridley are the only two characters I might miss as PCs. But she didn't deserve it more than Falco. She could possibly have replaced Wolf, but I suppose he decided on another villain rather than another female. If there's another one, she'll be in it, though. You can count on that.

Plus, the announcement a new Star Fox game is undoubtedly just around the corner, and when it comes, you can bet your sweet *** Krystal will have a bigger role in that.

My condolences to all of her fans.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
I also hope they end this Panther+Krystal bullcrap in the next SF game.

Namco really screwed up by bringing in Panther. I guess he kinda fits in Star Wolf simply because he’s an assassin, but I really don’t see how the others can stand him. And shame on Nintendo for allowing it to happen. Krystal’s a friggin psychic! She should be able to see right through Panther. How exactly does Krystal go from constantly rejecting him and thinking he's the biggest sleazeball ever in Assault to totally attaching herself to him in Command?

Speaking of being psychic, if I remember this correctly, not once does she use her psychic abilities in Command.

sync

Smash Apprentice
She would be an excellent fighter. She could wield her staff instead of a blaster.

And Panther replaced Andrew.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
Ah yes, thanks for reminding me.

And yes, Krystal would be an excellent and unique fighter. Hopefully she can still show off her skills as an unlockable Assist Trophy.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
From what I hear, Krystal is not too popular in Japan, but Wolf IS pretty popular.
Then explain why Wolf didn't even make it onto the polls while Krystal was one of the most frequently requested characters, and was the #1 most requested of all female characters.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
She was barely acknowledged. Most people won't even see her at all unless they can pull off Fox's secret taunt.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
Whatever you wanna call it, there were still far more requests for Krystal.

On the bright side, as others have pointed out, this mess up should guarantee a spot for her in the next one.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
Also, if anyone here can confirm the rumor/news of her being an Assist Trophy, at any point in time, that'd be great.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Eh, I'll still sleep at night.

But what a wasted potential in an original moveset for a series represented totally by 'clones'...

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping they add another female fighter to this near sausagefest of a roster. I tend to pick the female characters as they usually kick but and take more names than the guys. Oh well :ohwell:

Top Bottom