• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Krystal Makes Her Brawl Appearance...

LuisMa316

Smash Cadet
Looks like the "OMG Voice Actress confirmed her she MUST BE PLAYABLE!!!!111!!!!111!!" Has officially backfired. Some one has answered my prayers. I feel sorry for the fans, though. I supported Geno and the situation there is EVEN WORSE.

To be fair, If Square didn't let them use Geno there wasn't much they could do.

courte

Smash Lord
agree with bost 13 but first ridley now this... kofi is sad

courte

Smash Lord
Dude, Geno is OWNED BY SQUARE ENIX!!! If he AIN'T a fighter, he ain't getting into this game!
. . . WTF?!

seriously i guess she's not in cuz shes the only one who didn't go to generic space animal army

smashbot226

Smash Master
Geno made a tiny little cameo appearance in, uh... Mario and Luigi, I wanna say. He appeared in a little arcade game, and was credited to Square Enix in the credits. Not to say that I'm dead certain he'll appear in Brawl or anything, but it's a realistic possibility.
Geno, if he doesn't appear in this game in ANY way, shape, or form, has NO chance in the next SSB, if there IS one.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
If it's any consolation Krystal fans, one of Zero Suit Samus's taunts is "Try me." Alesia Glidewell (who does a great job at ZSS's voice) also voiced Krystal in Starfox Assault, and if you've ever played that, Krystal has the same taunt in multiplayer (except with an accent). I don't know, it made me kinda happy. :)

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Anybody know what the message says?

Yeah I was for Krystal, she easily would of had one of the more creative and cool movesets. Maybe next time... Which is like 10 years :0

veil222

Smash Journeyman
Really, I said this before.... Sakurai couldn't represent ANYONE through anything other than making the a character without people going "WTF they are leik.... my favorite character... they soooooo deserved to be in... that was a big mistake mr sakurai!!" instead of saying what they should have said... which is "Awesome! My favorite character really is in brawl even though they didn't make it on the roster. At least I got something."

veil222

Smash Journeyman
It's not minimalism... he's been extremely generous with repping in this game.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
It's not minimalism... he's been extremely generous with repping in this game.
Somehow, making room for a pixelated NES rip of Lakitu for an assist trophy, but only giving Krystal a cameo line--Kyrstal, one of the most popular characters requested for being playable mind you--hardly seem "generous".

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
I still haven't totally given up hope on Krystal being an AT. They still haven't unlocked all the assist trophies yet. However, if she doesn't end up being one...then obviously Sakurai has something against her, because even Tingle was made into an assist trophy.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Somehow, making room for a pixelated NES rip of Lakitu for an assist trophy, but only giving Krystal a cameo line--Kyrstal, one of the most popular characters requested for being playable mind you--hardly seem "generous".
No you're wrong, Final Destination took Krystal's place. In fact, it's so big, it probably took all those other characters' places too. Let's all get mad at Final Destination.

LuisMa316

Smash Cadet

Only in your mind.

He's been extremely generous.

not every character was gonna get in.

Gojithefox

Smash Cadet
The reason why Sakurai put Wolf in over Krystal was b/c Wolf was more popular in Japan, and Sakurai is very biased against characters that Japan doesn't care about. Kind of unfair actually; I really had my hopes for Krystal.

The only shred of hope that I still have for her is that Sakurai could make downloadable content like stages, assist trophies, and characters (inevitably including her)....but it seems unlikely. This is the last Smash Bros. game, and I've lost faith in Sakurai and Nintendo. I will definitely rent Brawl, but I sure won't be buying it for a long, long time.
You're kidding, right? You're not going to buy an excellent game just because a character you wanted to get in didn't? You must not've gotten Melee or the original, either. There must've been characters that you wanted back then that weren't in at the time, either. It really just baffles me how people can honestly say things like that.
Pathetic, Krystal deserved much better

Sakurai should have listened more to his audience. I can't believe she isn't even an AT!
He did listen to his audience. The Japanese audience. You know, the people of the country where he lives and works? He's obviously going to place them in higher regards. The audience wanted Wolf more than Krystal. The only thing Sakurai did wrong was give Wolf a Landmaster, which just doesn't make sense.
sakurai's minimalism knows no bounds.

*raises middle finger @ sakurai*
Minimalism... that's what you see in the game... yeah... I'm sorry, but if you call Brawl minimalistic, then you might as well quit video games altogether as nothing's going to sate your desires. There is so much to do in this game, and I, for one, am very impressed with it, especially considering the platform's restrictions and limitations.

For those of you who 'want it all', please realize the abilities of the developers and what they're trying to accomplish. Stop being so greedy and selfish and upset that your desires aren't being met. If you really want to, become a developer yourself and help with the next Smash Bros. game, if you feel you could do it so much better. Otherwise, stop complaining about insignificant things. Only bugs, glitches and imbalance are worthy of criticism.

As for the whole Krystal matter, I'll admit that I looked forward to seeing her in action, and I'm saddened that she isn't. But oh well, she's not in it, but P. Trainer is! I finally got Ivysaur, a Pokemon I've been wanting in Smash Bros. since the first came out.

smashbot226

Smash Master
K. Rool WAS a trophy in Melee, I think.

Geno doesn't deserve the 21st century's attention...

He SHOULd have been in Melee as a trophy, but he wasn't.

If he was dead then, he's dead now.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
If it's any consolation Krystal fans, one of Zero Suit Samus's taunts is "Try me." Alesia Glidewell (who does a great job at ZSS's voice) also voiced Krystal in Starfox Assault, and if you've ever played that, Krystal has the same taunt in multiplayer (except with an accent). I don't know, it made me kinda happy. :)
That's not any consolation. It's not a reference to Krystal, okay? It's a COMMON PHRASE.

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
If they do reply, you just know it'll be the typical "lol effing furries" type of response. >_>

CubPwnzAll

Smash Rookie
lol, but I wanted to prove him wrong....:laugh:
You shouldn't be talking.
I wouldn't be off the walls if she had make it in, but I'm not dying because she didn't. However, you quite obviously didn't voice any explanation in that either. You didn't win. Here is my explanation of why Krystal is NOT a horrible character:
Krystal is loved by many fans (albeit in the West)
Has a staff ( don't see any of those in PC's), and would obviously (use common sense) NOT be a clone of any sort.
More female representation? (Sakurai may not have said it, but it's easily noticed by everyone)

Would you care to show WHY exactly Krystal is a terrible character? Or would you rather be a Negative Nancy putting everyone down with no back up? Eh?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You shouldn't be talking.
I wouldn't be off the walls if she had make it in, but I'm not dying because she didn't. However, you quite obviously didn't voice any explanation in that either. You didn't win. Here is my explanation of why Krystal is NOT a horrible character:
Krystal is loved by many fans (albeit in the West)
Has a staff ( don't see any of those in PC's), and would obviously (use common sense) NOT be a clone of any sort.
More female representation? (Sakurai may not have said it, but it's easily noticed by everyone)

Would you care to show WHY exactly Krystal is a terrible character? Or would you rather be a Negative Nancy putting everyone down with no back up? Eh?
Hey, uh, unless I totally don't get what you're saying, you quoted the wrong guy there.

DeltaWolf

Smash Apprentice
I was really hoping that Krystal gets added. I think that the female brawlers that actually play females could've done good with Krystal.

We only have 5 characters, out of over 35! Little sexist if you ask me. (ZSS & Shiek included with Zelda, Peach and Samus).

And you can't just add Jiggly and Kirby to that list just cause they're pink.

Well they'res always Smash Bros. 4 :)

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Krystal is a lame character....Wolf ftw.
Actually, I don't think Krystal should have been in for Wolf...I think she should have been put in for Falco. Both Wolf and Krystal have a pretty good fan following, while hardly anybody seems to care about Falco. Plus, Falco is more a clone of Fox then Wolf is. Krystal should have been in the game, because not only would she have added a unique moveset with her staff and phycic abilities...but she would have also added another female character to the roster. Falco should have gotten the axe like Dr. Mario and Pichu did. The only reason Sakurai left him in was because he's been around since the first Star Fox game, not because he makes any sense as a playable character.

Top Bottom