• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Krystal Makes Her Brawl Appearance...

D

Deleted member

None of my favs even got stickers... well, apart from Ephraim and a trophy for Sylux.

But I supported Krystal, and feel your pain. Wolf is cool, yes, but the whole "landmaster lol" thing runied him.

DarkDeadlyCages

Smash Rookie
You can cry about it all you want. The hard facts is Krystal's not a playable character and Wolf is.
And the hard fact is Wolf, Falco and Fox do not have all the same moves. Being from the same game, looking mildly the same =/= having the same moves.

So all you whiners can cry and cry and then accept the fact that A. Wolf nor Falco is a clone and B. That Krystal isn't playable.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
We're back on the 3 Fox clones nonsense again? All 3 space animals are very different in playstyle. Given they all share similar specials, they all have different properties. Final smashes are the same(insert lame landmaster joke),but aerials, tilts, smashes, and throws in the case of Wolf are different. Personally, I'm glad Krystal is just a taunt, Wolf is the more important character to the series overall.
Not really. I like Wolf a lot but Krystal has really become more important.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Oh jeez, I thought the "Krystal vs Wolf: importance" argument was over a long time ago...

I could've SWORN she was confirmed as an AT, though. What happened to that?

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Not really. I like Wolf a lot but Krystal has really become more important.
Furry sex object =/= important Starfox character.
That's like saying Renamon is the most important Digimon, or Tiny Toons is one of the most important cartoons of the 90's because people want to yiff Babs and Fifi until they bleed.

The fact is, once you remove the furry fandom Krystal is a token love interest from a series of unpopular Starfox games. Wolf has the rival/villain appeal along with seniority, that's why he's playable and Krystal gets to be Brawl's Slippy.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Well...at least she's in Brawl. Of course, I don't dwell on that thought since I really don't care about her.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Furry sex object =/= important Starfox character.
That's like saying Renamon is the most important Digimon, or Tiny Toons is one of the most important cartoons of the 90's because people want to yiff Babs and Fifi until they bleed.

The fact is, once you remove the furry fandom Krystal is a token love interest from a series of unpopular Starfox games. Wolf has the rival/villain appeal along with seniority, that's why he's playable and Krystal gets to be Brawl's Slippy.
Harsh, but very true. I just wanted the moveset.

Buuuuuut.... I'll admit Wolf intrigues me. His B moves look the same in style, but nothing else about him screams "Fox". He seems really different to use. Maybe there's a reason Sakurai made the game and we play it? Naahhhhh....

PS: Kirby, love the sig quotes. Random, but I thought I'd give you props.

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
wow moron..

She would have made such a better fighter than Wolf. Hell, ANYTHING would have been better than another fox clone. Looks like Sakurai took the lazy route on that decision.
hes not a fox clone moron, all of his attacks except the blaster and rush attack are completely different from fox's or falco's

ElFreakinCid

Smash Cadet
The fact is, once you remove the furry fandom Krystal is a token love interest from a series of unpopular Starfox games.
O RLY?

Amazing how best-selling games with mostly positive reviews and ratings can be so "unpopular".

Also, I wish people would knock it off with this "Krystal = nothing more than furry **** material right from her very conception" mentality. It's old, it's annoying, it's insulting, and for the most part, it's incorrect and ignorant. If she had been included in Brawl as a playable character, that probably could've helped her finally be viewed as something something other than just a furry sex symbol with a large suggestively-shaped gun--which, btw, she's only been viewed as since Assault's first promo pics were released.

Let's also keep in mind that her role in SFA was originally going to be much larger and far more important, and in the original story, "Dinosaur Planet" {y'know, what it was gonna be before Nintendo got ahold of it?}, Krystal was going to be the MAIN CHARACTER. In Assault, she proves she can actually do something {which, as pointed out before, she was almost able to do at two other points in time}, and in Command, she's one of the most important elements of the game's entire story. Krystal is not just a "token love interest", nor is she an unimportant or unpopular character.

You're just a bitter Krystal hater, and you've made it blatantly obvious with just one post.

Top Bottom