• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
The moveset is good, but how would the energy ball be balanced? The way it is now, it seems like it could be spammed to frustrate fellow players pretty easily.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The moveset is good, but how would the energy ball be balanced? The way it is now, it seems like it could be spammed to frustrate fellow players pretty easily.
Thats what I was thinking. I'd prefer the ground slam (ala Dk64) that produces a shockwave myself.

althouh the energy ball would be tons of fun, it just doesnt seem balanced.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I at least want to see SOMETHING incorporated from the DK64 boss fight (that was the most entertaining, imo), whether it be the boxing gloves or his infamous "ground-pound" shockwave.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I at least want to see SOMETHING incorporated from the DK64 boss fight (that was the most entertaining, imo), whether it be the boxing gloves or his infamous "ground-pound" shockwave.
I'd think we'd see both. They'd go together nicely I think.

As long as we see SOME element from all 4 of his forms, Im fine.

Machete

Smash Ace
Mmh... the idea of this move it's acting like in DKC2, used for difficult your enemies' actions. It has no knockback, and almost no damage/no damage at all and his effects during only... four seconds? It's not broken.

I didn't put any special move based on Krusha (DK64's K. Rool), because almost all of his good standard moves are Krusha's. His glove throwing, the ground slam... On the other hand, I only had two Kaptain's moves (the Forward Special and Down tilt) so the energy shot was a good option.

courte

Smash Lord
umm is there a thread where i can support him as a boss...?? technically it's still support right??
i'd be shocked if he were in the game, although i guess the jungle beat kongs aren't signifigant enough for a spot... still, they are all pretty badass... i just hope if K.Rool does get in he'll be given a rabid fierce makeover a la bowser and RIDLEY!! lol

KF11

Smash Apprentice
umm is there a thread where i can support him as a boss...?? technically it's still support right??
i'd be shocked if he were in the game, although i guess the jungle beat kongs aren't signifigant enough for a spot... still, they are all pretty badass... i just hope if K.Rool does get in he'll be given a rabid fierce makeover a la bowser and RIDLEY!! lol
you can come here to support him as a boss but be prepared to have some good arguments or you will get flame

D

Deleted member

Er... Boss...? No thanks.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I will be seriously dissapointed if he is just a boss

Luigi player

Smash Master
I will be seriously dissapointed if he is just a boss
Me too. DK just needs 3 representatives. He at least was a very big franchise. He should get at least as much characters as Kirby.

K. Rool would be pretty cool as a boss, and he probably will be one, but if you beat him he should be unlocked (or maybe some other way).

courte

Smash Lord
i completelt agree dk needs 3, but nintendo has not been kind to k.rool

Machspeed

Smash Lord
He should be a PC, Sakurai has been unfair to the DK series since 64, same with Kirby, but that was fixed.

K. Rool has been in more games than DK HIMSELF. That right there is enough to make the final cut.

KF11

Smash Apprentice
ok um... later today im gonna post a new K. rool tread because we havent seen andy brwal in a long time and we cant update anything so the new tread will be about the same as this one put i will update all the movesets and members and i will update it daily-ish

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Mmh... the idea of this move it's acting like in DKC2, used for difficult your enemies' actions. It has no knockback, and almost no damage/no damage at all and his effects during only... four seconds? It's not broken.
Actually, if used correctly, it seems like it could very easily be broken. Why? Because people could keep using it while their friends were trying to adjust to their changed controls, making the effect nearly permanent. Then, once the new controls were figured out, the K. Rool player could just stop shooting the shot and mess up his friend once again. And, of course, this would be accompanied by power moves to take advantage of the other player's frustration. All one would have to do then is rinse, lather, repeat.

And yes, this could be solved by getting used to switching controls, but it would still be really annoying. This seems more like an item effect to me.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I want K. Rool as much as the next guy but when I saw the video of a "familiar foe" stealing the bananas, I almost cried, because it was bowser. I think if K. Rool was in the game he would have stolen those bananas.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
You never know, maybe Bowser and K. Rool realized they couldn't beat their enemies, so they went after they're counterpart this time (Bowser against DK, Mario against K. Rool).

You know, Petey doesn't fire cannonballs even though that was his shadow in the dust, but a familiar enemy does and is famous for it.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
If he was included he COULD have the COOLEST MOVESET EVER

Like,

B Neutral- Cannon(self explanatory, sometimes shoots spiked ones)
B Forward- Bowing Glove(wind up punch, from DK 64)
B Down- Ground pound(ala' bowser and yoshi)
B Up- Jetpack (from DKC 3 I think)

TamJammerz

Smash Apprentice
Movelist!!! (Well, just the Special Moves and Final Smash)

B: Crown Toss - This attack is chargeable. Upon release, tilt the control stick to angle the toss. King K. Rool will toss his crown. Once it reaches its furthest point, it will come back to him. Enemies struck by the crown will be repeatedly striked, depending on how fast the crown is spinning. Longer charge ups will result in a gain in spinning speed, distance, and power. The charge is saveable.

Smash B: Blunderbuss Shot - King K. Rool pulls out his Blunderbuss gun and fires forward at an upward angle, a fairly large cannonball. When the ball reaches contact with the ground, it will start rolling around aimlessly, damaging opponents until it dissapears. King K. Rool can only fire again once the cannonball is gone. The cannonball is attackable.

Down B: Cannonball Barrage - This attack is chargeable. When released, King K. Rool will leap up and back onto the ground. After this, cannonballs (amount depends on how long you charged the attack, from 1-5 cannonballs can be sent down) will fall down consecutively onto where King K. Rool is. Once they hit a single piece of terrain or land, they will bounce forward TOWARDS THE SCREEN and plummet to the bottom. Depending on the charge, 1-5 cannonballs may fall. The charge is not saveable.

Up B: Kremling Kopter - King K. Rool straps on his Kremling Kopter (Or whatever the heck it's called) and starts flying. Use the control stick to direct King K. Rool's flight path. The blades on the Kopter can damage opponents.

Final Smash: Abandon Ship - King K. Rool will jump straight up. He will then end up on the other side of the stage. Upon landing, cannonballs will start raining down from the sky consecutively across the whole length of the screen. They act the same way as his Cannonball Barrage. Occasionally, a bigger, spiked cannonball may fall, resulting in massive damage and knockback. King K. Rool will keep jumping back and forth, and stop after a certain amount of time.

So there's my movelist. I need to know what the little strap on copter that King K. Rool has is called :p

D

Deleted member

You know what Final Smash I like?

Invisible Uppercut from DK64.

King K. Rool would grab the smash ball and let out a big laugh. He'd disappear in mid air leaving players questioning. K. Rool would control himself from here. If he tracks down an opponent he'd appear beside them but with a twist. He has Boxing Gloves and a Jet Pack on. The opponent can run all he wants but K. Rool will just keep following him with the Jet Pack winding up an Uppercut so deadly it can KO easily. Once the punch is collided, BOOM! Out goes your opponent. He disappears again and reappears in the spot K. Rool last was before doing his FS with no Boxing Gloves or Jet Pack.

Although there are some negative things to this. K. Rool can only do it once and it can only target one opponent. If another opponent comes along and hits the Jet Pack, the FS will fail.

Opinions?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
KF11 plagerized and reposted the support thread. I've already reported him.

On-topic, K. Rool's moveset should be this:

B: Blunderbuss shot
Pulls it out and fires a Cannonball. Even if it connects, it will keep going. Can hit multiple enemies.

Side B: Crown Boomerang
Tosses his crown. It will ALWAYS return to K. Rool, unlike Link's boomerang.

Up B: Kremling Koptor
Pulls it out and flies up. He can fire his Blunderbuss while flying.

Down B: Kremling Attack
Pulls out a Kremling. It thrashes around and if an opponent comes near, it latches on and bits several times before jumping off and returning to K. Rool

Final Smash: Blast-o-Matic
Need I describe it?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion

Pulls it out and fires a Cannonball. Even if it connects, it will keep going. Can hit multiple enemies.

Pulls out a Kremling. It thrashes around and if an opponent comes near, it latches on and bits several times before jumping off and returning to K. Rool

Need I describe it?
These are good ideas.

KF11

Smash Apprentice
you do know that its not plagerize when you credit the people for what they did and you didnt let me finish to write the other pages of my thread.....but rly your taking this way too seriously calm down i was just trying to have an updated thread.

no need to report me for that you could have just done like the other people and just tell me its not needed and ill get the thread close

KF11

Smash Apprentice

Need I describe it?
ok but back on topic like it except the down b i think it should be a upercut with the boxing gloves or he jsut up and down repeately creating shockwaves... your B down just seem to similar to king DDD waddle dee/doo thing

KF11

Smash Apprentice
sry triple post

omfg my computer is acting like a ******

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You know what Final Smash I like?

Invisible Uppercut from DK64.

King K. Rool would grab the smash ball and let out a big laugh. He'd disappear in mid air leaving players questioning. K. Rool would control himself from here. If he tracks down an opponent he'd appear beside them but with a twist. He has Boxing Gloves and a Jet Pack on. The opponent can run all he wants but K. Rool will just keep following him with the Jet Pack winding up an Uppercut so deadly it can KO easily. Once the punch is collided, BOOM! Out goes your opponent. He disappears again and reappears in the spot K. Rool last was before doing his FS with no Boxing Gloves or Jet Pack.

Although there are some negative things to this. K. Rool can only do it once and it can only target one opponent. If another opponent comes along and hits the Jet Pack, the FS will fail.

Opinions?

Exactly what I was thinking, and it would work so well.

@Commander Blitz, I dunno if reporting him was the best thing to do, I mean he was really just creating a new, updatable thread. This one is going nowhere, I think Andy said it himself the last time he posted here.

I support the idea of a new thread, we need it, dont we?

iMichael

Smash Lord
King K. Rool will be in the game....it would be weird to only have two DK reps AND have them both in the demo!.....K. Rool is in and I support him. =D

Machete

Smash Ace
Actually, if used correctly, it seems like it could very easily be broken. Why? Because people could keep using it while their friends were trying to adjust to their changed controls, making the effect nearly permanent. Then, once the new controls were figured out, the K. Rool player could just stop shooting the shot and mess up his friend once again. And, of course, this would be accompanied by power moves to take advantage of the other player's frustration. All one would have to do then is rinse, lather, repeat.
Uhm, that's true. But, if the shot was slow, then you can't use it in that way, only for edgeguarding (if you hit an enemy, he couldn't recover as good as normally).

Oh, and we don't need a new thread, IMO. This is cool, and very complete.

KF11

Smash Apprentice
King K. Rool will be in the game....it would be weird to only have two DK reps AND have them both in the demo!.....K. Rool is in and I support him. =D
well since kirby is getting 3 rep and dk is a more important serie (i think its 3th behind mario, pokemon and LoZ ) it would be logical that he also get 3 rep

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
well since kirby is getting 3 rep and dk a more important serie (i think) it would be logical that he also get 3 rep
Well, Sakurai is the creator of Kirby. Does HE feel this way? Probably not, but DK does need 3 reps however, and who better than K. Rool?

KF11

Smash Apprentice
Well, Sakurai is the creator of Kirby. Does HE feel this way? Probably not, but DK does need 3 reps however, and who better than K. Rool?
oh didnt know he was the creator of kirby ... but even if he is the creator of kirby he cant deny the awsomeness of K.:chuckle:rool

Machete

Smash Ace
Krystal is a shoe-in; Fox is confirmed, and surely we'll get either Falco or Wolf (most likely Falco).

If StarFox has 3 reps... DK NEEDS 3. C'mon, it's a fat crocodile, with a crown, a blunderbuss, boxing gloves and a jetpack. K. Rool is an epic win himself.

KF11

Smash Apprentice
Uhm, that's true. But, if the shot was slow, then you can't use it in that way, only for edgeguarding (if you hit an enemy, he couldn't recover as good as normally).

Oh, and we don't need a new thread, IMO. This is cool, and very complete.
i think i f it must be fair there should be a timer on the b down like once every 10sec ro a big lag when or after using it so you would think before using it cuz if the opponent dodges you could get combo easly

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Krystal is a shoe-in; Fox is confirmed, and surely we'll get either Falco or Wolf (most likely Falco).

If StarFox has 3 reps... DK NEEDS 3. C'mon, it's a fat crocodile, with a crown, a blunderbuss, boxing gloves and a jetpack. K. Rool is an epic win himself.

The above statement is 100% true.

K. Rool = win. If hes not in (and he will be) I will be K. Rushed.

KF11

Smash Apprentice

dont forget the mental disorder and the multiple personnalities

super-7

Smash Journeyman

nicely said, he would be my main if he was in. he is just the best villain out of them all!

Top Bottom