• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Nintendo's design? Seriously, when did Nintendo themselves EVER used King K.Rool? O_O So far, the only companies besides Rare using K.Rool are PAON for the King of Swing and family games, Namco for one minor cameo in the Donkey Kongas and HAL/Sakurai for K.Rool's thropy in Melee.

Nintendo NEVER used King K.Rool in any game. The only DK related games Nintendo themselves made where DK: Jungle Beat and Mario vs Donkey Kong which neither contained ANYTHING from other Rare-created DK games except for 'the banana' which the Nintendo EAD Tokio team thinks of as a character apperantly. <_<

So I dunno what the hell you guys are on, but there's no 'Nintendo design' for K.Rool. And in every single model K.Rool had, he had his tail. Anyways, K.Rool looked really tight in his Melee thropy. Much better than playable characters as Yoshi, Kirby and Link (I honestly think they look like crap in Melee) I think. Hopefully Sakurai realises that K.Rool would add loads of differicity into the roster and hopefully he'll turn King K.Rool into a playable character, but any sort of physical apperance of K.Rool would please me.

I guess everyone means with "Nintendo design" the K. Rool in the games that are not made by Rare. And yes the K. Rool trophy in Melee looked really good! I hope he looks like that but with better graphics...

Machete

Smash Ace
Nintendo's design? Seriously, when did Nintendo themselves EVER used King K.Rool? O_O So far, the only companies besides Rare using K.Rool are PAON for the King of Swing and family games, Namco for one minor cameo in the Donkey Kongas and HAL/Sakurai for K.Rool's thropy in Melee.

Nintendo NEVER used King K.Rool in any game. The only DK related games Nintendo themselves made where DK: Jungle Beat and Mario vs Donkey Kong which neither contained ANYTHING from other Rare-created DK games except for 'the banana' which the Nintendo EAD Tokio team thinks of as a character apperantly. <_<

So I dunno what the hell you guys are on, but there's no 'Nintendo design' for K.Rool. And in every single model K.Rool had, he had his tail. Anyways, K.Rool looked really tight in his Melee thropy. Much better than playable characters as Yoshi, Kirby and Link (I honestly think they look like crap in Melee) I think. Hopefully Sakurai realises that K.Rool would add loads of differicity into the roster and hopefully he'll turn King K.Rool into a playable character, but any sort of physical apperance of K.Rool would please me.
Well, when we're talking about Nintendo's K. Rool, we're talking about the non-Rare's one.

IMO, if K. Rool is in Brawl like he was in the Melee trophy, he would be freaking sweet. But I suppose he'd be even better so... we need a "3 greedy kings" event.

Machspeed

Smash Lord

... need I say more? Rare's design is different.

And the only reason I think K. Rool is not in that greedy kings event, is because Dedede and Bowser are starters. The greedy kings event is a VERY early event.
If confirmed, someone of K. Rool aptitude would not be a starter.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion

... need I say more? Rare's design is different.

And the only reason I think K. Rool is not in that greedy kings event, is because Dedede and Bowser are starters. The greedy kings event is a VERY early event.
If confirmed, someone of K. Rool aptitude would not be a starter.
Lets not forget there can always be a greedy kings 2.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Or "3 greedy kings".

How could be K. Rool unlocked?

By the SSE?
Yeah, I'd imagine so. Like if he really is attacking the Mushroom kingdom with his henchmen, you unlock him in this way, after fighting him wih say, Luigi.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I love it if there was a boss battle with Mario and DK vs K.Rool and Bowser. Mario and his original enemy have to face off against their new enemies. :)

Cheezball

Smash Ace
King K. Rool - best chance I have ever seen in getting into brawl out of all the other characters that have been suggested. DK, he is like Kirby, not in mental and physical means by the way. Kirby- by himself until now. Now think of that as DK, but with King K. Rool. He could be a secret character that is not to be mention until after the release of Brawl. You never know. I would love to see him in brawl. He could be unlocked by completing SSE with DK & Diddy Kong, but there is a catch. You cannot use a continue, and it cannot be done unless you use DK last, or else he will not appear. If you used DK first, just complete it again with DK and then he will challenge you. The message would be "The K'rocodile King K Rool is ready to Brawl!"

heartless-bowser

Smash Rookie
I've seen the discussion about K.Rool's design... But you know, does it really matter that much? I mean... Most of Brawl's characters have ''different'' designs that will not be used in other games.

I mean, look at Bowser! He won't look as awesome as in other Mario games! Same goes for Mario and Peach too. And Charizard... Well, you catch my drift.

Of course, there are characters like Link and Zelda, which make use of their TP designs. And Kirby, who hasn't improved much in design either.

But if K.Rool is in Brawl, I'm pretty sure he's got a 'Brawlified' design!

I sure hop he's a secret character. He was ranking pretty high on Sakurai's poll if I'm not mistaken. Let's just hope if Sakurai added him! He's a villain and a heavyweight, two things Brawl's current known roster kinda lacks.

Kirby__fan

Smash Cadet
I've seen the discussion about K.Rool's design... But you know, does it really matter that much? I mean... Most of Brawl's characters have ''different'' designs that will not be used in other games.

I mean, look at Bowser! He won't look as awesome as in other Mario games! Same goes for Mario and Peach too. And Charizard... Well, you catch my drift.

Of course, there are characters like Link and Zelda, which make use of their TP designs. And Kirby, who hasn't improved much in design either.

But if K.Rool is in Brawl, I'm pretty sure he's got a 'Brawlified' design!

I sure hop he's a secret character. He was ranking pretty high on Sakurai's poll if I'm not mistaken. Let's just hope if Sakurai added him! He's a villain and a heavyweight, two things Brawl's current known roster kinda lacks.
i agree with you after all he is one of the most carismatic villians and maybe we could see his golgen belly again

Machspeed

Smash Lord
We really just want him to look as he did in DKC/DK64, you know the cracked eye, giant belly, the K. Rool we've came to know and love.

I'm sure they'll design him well reguardless.

K. Rool for Brawl!

Luigi player

Smash Master
We really just want him to look as he did in DKC/DK64, you know the cracked eye, giant belly, the K. Rool we've came to know and love.

I'm sure they'll design him well reguardless.

K. Rool for Brawl!
Exactly.

The new K. Rool just... doesn't look the same. It's not that bad as I first thought, but the older one is still much better. The new one has a big eye and a small one, but you don't even see the red veins that good.
And the belly is looking strange. It's yellow, how could they do that? The golden one looks much better!

EDIT: Oh, and let's not forget his crown. This is really annoying. The crown is MUCH smaller. That's just stupid...

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
The old K. Rool looks soo much better
It's classic!

i greatly support K. Rool being in SSBB!!
not really sure what he does?
i never beat DK 64 so i never saw how he fights you..?
but he looks sweet!

unless of course they use the new version of him

k. rool FTW

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
My movelist from the Anti-K. Rool thread...go figure...

Size: About Bowser's
Weight: Again almost Bowser's
Speed: Faster than Bowser, around DK's (He can book for a big guy XD)
Strength: Powerful, as strong as DK easily.
Recovery: Weak jumping power but strong Up-B recovery.
Fall Speed: What do you expect? He's big so he falls like a sack of bricks XD (maybe about Falco's speed? Bowser's?)

B: Crown Toss- K. Rool tosses his crown foward a short distance. This has good knockback but K. Rool can't move until his crown comes back.
Side-B: Kremling Bazooka- K. Rool pulls out his (is it called a blunderbuss or somethin like that?) and fires a cannonball after a brief pause.
Down B: Kremling Splash- K. Rool jumps a bit of the ground and bounces on his rear creating a small shockwave around him.
Up-B: Kremling Koptor: K. Rool flies upwards using his back mounted heli-pack.

A: Punch
A+A: Punch+Punch
A+A+A: Punch+Punch+Belly thrust (gotta use his big gut somewhere XD)
Up-Smash: K. Rool magically dons a pair of boxing gloves and flings them upwards slightly.
Side-Smash: K. Rool thrusts foward with his blunderbuss.
Down-Smash: K. Rool possibly a stomping attack.

U-Tilt: K. Rool snaps upwards with his jaws.
D-Tilt: A small spinning attack with his tail.
S-tilt: K. Rool knocks the enemy back with his belly.

N-Air: A belly flop/body slam-esque attack.
B-Air: K. Rool kicks backwards.
D-Air: K. Rool swipes downwards with his claws.
U-Air: K. Rool does an overhead swipe with one arm.

Throw: K. Rool sucks an enemy in close with his gun (ala DKC:2) Pressing A causes K. Rool to strike them with his fist.
Front Throw: K. Rool smashes them away with his gun.
Up Throw: K. Rool aims upwards and then blasts the enemy away.
Down Throw: K. Rool smashes the enemy downwards, freeing them from his gun.
Back Throw: Mind games here, it looks like the front throw but his gun explodes causing the enemy to fly backwards.

Up Taunt: Throws crown upwards and looks at camera
Side Taunt: Turns to face camera and gloats (like what he does in DK64 when you fight him as DK).
Down Taunt: Laughs evilily and throws head back.

Win Poses:
1. K. Rool has his gun out which promptly explodes leaving him covered in soot.
2. K. Rool sits in his chair, clicking his claws together and laughs.
3. K. Rool looks like he's defeated and then leaps back up.

Other Final Smash Idea: Kremling Kannonball: K. Rool leaps into the air and comes crashing back down onto stage. Cannonballs then start falling from the sky causing massive damage and knockback to anyone hit.

ANOTHER Final Smash Idea: Kall Kaos: K. Rool summons his robotic contraption from DKC3 to fly around the area striking foes with it's boxing gloves and laser strikes.

Just thought I'd contribute, I TOTALLY support K. Rool in Brawl!

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
what do you all think his actual chances are of getting included.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Wow....the founder of Kremling Power put his heart, soul, and very essence into his first post. I really really am impressed.

Anyways, if he does make it, I think he should either allign himself up with Bowser in the Subspace Emissary, or plan to double cross him and the Minister.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
My theory about how K. Rool COULD be involved in the SSE is as follows: Well Meta Knight and Ice Climbers are just hopping along, when eventually they reach the top of the mountain....but where to go from there...? Just then, a cannonball strikes the tip of the mountain causing it to crumble away and tip into the ocean. Meta Knight and the Ice Climbers then have to fight off several Primids; all the while the stage is being blasted by cannonballs from an unseen source. When they're done fighting the Primids, a giant pirate ship pulls up beside the iceberg and K. Rool hops on; complete with a trophy gun of his own. Meta Knight and Ice Climbers then have to defeat him...but in true K. Rool fashion...K. Rool hops up when defeated and turns the Ice Climbers into a trophy (or at least hops up to fight again).

Just a thought XD

Machspeed

Smash Lord
As far as his SSE story goes, I'm still sticking by my stance. Since we saw Bowser attack Diddy and Donkey Kong, I think K. Rool and Bowser might've done a switch up on enemies. I mean, who else would push Bowser to steal Donkey Kong's banana hordes?

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
His Final Smash Could Be ..."Crystal Banana" from the Donkey Kong Jungle Climber game for the Nintendo DS. When K.Rool Gets the Banana, He grows into a form much bigger which covers up the whole stage, and an illlusion developes in the backround. In This form, K.Rool is terribly slow, but does tons of damagae.

Watch the end of this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0IHfNOmaKE

Majora_X

Smash Cadet
Does it bother anyone else that all the villians we have so far are heavyweight kings?

Ganondorf, Bowser, De3, possibly K.Rool....

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Does it bother anyone else that all the villians we have so far are heavyweight kings?

Well, it makes sense. Most bosses are large, to seem indimidating, and usually end bosses are the leaders of the enemies in the game. Who are also leaders? Kings. Thus, they are large kings.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
About K. Rool's well known "dying" stance...

That should definitely be at least a taunt. I mean, who wasn't surprised the first time they "beat" K. Rool in the original, only to have him get up again? Not to mention the many times K. Rool pulled that stunt in DKC 2.

Edit: Crap, I double posted. Really sorry about that.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I think K Rool has great potential for a moveset because of his diffrent appearances (pirate, regular, boxing, frankenstein) and he defiantly deserves to be in

Mario series has Bowser
Kirby series has Dedede
Zelda series has Ganondorf
Pokemon series will have Mewtwo

Others possible are Black Knight for Fire Emblem, Claus for Mother 3, etc. DK defiantly deserves K Rool, for sure.

Geos88

Smash Cadet
You know, that cannonball could be K. Rool. If you watch the video again you can hear the cannonball shoot out from a gun. If Petey did shot the cannon ball, where is the gun? And I doubt that if Petey did shoot the ball out of his mouth, it wouldn't sound like a gun.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
K Rool for Brawl!

He is seriously underrated and Sakurai would love to add him IMO...

Sign me up for Kremling Power!
Well, we havent heard from the Op in a while, so I'd say just find the page where someone posted the Kremling Power sig link, and put that in your sig to show your support, or get a whole bunch of K. Rool support sigs and put them in your sig, that way we can recognize you as one of us. Glad to have you here too mate.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
Well, we havent heard from the Op in a while, so I'd say just find the page where someone posted the Kremling Power sig link, and put that in your sig to show your support, or get a whole bunch of K. Rool support sigs and put them in your sig, that way we can recognize you as one of us. Glad to have you here too mate.
K - Im going to put K Rool and Pikmen sigs in tomorrow :)

Machete

Smash Ace
Well, guys, here's my K. Rool's moveset. Tell me what do you think.

Stats

Jump:
4.5/5
K. Rool can perform huge jumps, as seen in Donkey Kong Country. Although he can't glide or multijump.

Size: 5/5
K. Rool is bigger than Donkey Kong, so, in Brawl, he's as tall as Bowser. Also, he's a fat crocodile, so he's an easy target.

Weight: 5/5
He's huge and fat. So K. Rool is as heavy as Bowser.

Speed: 4/5
K. Rool is quite fast, as seen in Donkey Kong Country. He's unique because he's a heavyweight with huge jumps and a good running speed. He's faster than Mario and other characters, but slower than Fox, Sonic or Captain Falcon (of course).

Agility: 2.5/5
K. Rool isn't as clumsy as you can think, but he's not an athlete. It isn't that his attacks are laggy (which most aren't), but a faster enemy can hit him with fast combos.

Strength: 3.5/5
K. Rool isn't as powerful as other heavyweights. He's not weak, but characters like Ganondorf, Bowser or Ike are far most powerful than him.

Recovery: 4/5
His huge jumps, along with his recovery move; made K. Rool a difficult enemy to keep of the stage.

Fall Speed: 5/5
K. Rool can jump long distances, but he's huge and fat. Because of this, he's a fast faller.

Comboability: 2.5/5
K. Rool is decent with combos, but not specially good.

KOability: 4/5
K. Rool has some good kill moves. so he can kill his enemies at low percentages. He's very good KOing his enemies at high percentages.

Battle entrance
The ship where you fight against him in DK64 leaves him in the stage.

Neutral A combo
Damage: Low
Knockback: Low
Lag: Low
Range: Moderate
Duration: Short
Hits: 3
K. Rool punches his enemy. Very similar to Mario's A attack. If you press the "A" button again, you hit a second time, again very similar to Mario's. The third time, though, it's more similar to Mario's forward tilt.

Forward tilt
Damage: Low-Moderate
Knockback: Moderate
Lag: Low-Moderate
Hits: 1
Similar to Mario's, though K. Rool uses a boxing glove here.

Up tilt
Knockback: Moderate
A simple uppercut, again similar to Mario's. Again, K. Rool uses a boxing glove.

Down tilt
Damage: Moderate
Knockback: High
Range: Low
Duration: Moderate
Similar to Samus', though K. Rool uses his blunderbuss.

Dash attack
Hits: 5
The attack that he uses in Lanky Kong's fight in DK64. He runs like an idiot moving his arms and hitting every enemy in his way. It could be compared with Luigi's.

Forward Smash
Damage: High
Lag: High
Range: Long
Duration: Long
K. Rool throws his boxing glove forward, like in Diddy's fight in DK64. It has a good range, but you can't move until the glove come back to you, so the enemy can hit K. Rool without effort.

Up Smash
It's basically his Forward Smash, but throwing his glove upwards.

Down Smash
Lag: Moderate
Duration: Moderate-Long
Additional effects: When K. Rool uses it, he creates energy waves
Wave's damage: Moderate
Wave's knockback: Low
K. Rool jumps and, when he falls in the ground, he creates an energy wave. Fully charged, K. Rool creates three energy waves. He uses this attack against DK and Tiny Kong in DK 64.

Neutral Aerial
Range: Low-Moderate
Duration: Low-Moderate
Hits: 6
Similar to Zelda's, although he uses his cape.

Forward Aerial
Range: Low- Moderate
Duration: Low-Moderate
Very similar to Yoshi's, it's a good kill move.

Backward Aerial
Duration: Low
Similar to Bowser's,

Down Aerial
Damage: Moderate-High
Duration: Moderate-Long
Hits: 4 (2 per arm)
He moves his arms like when you hit him in Donkey Kong Country 3, hitting enemies around him.

Up Aerial
Hits: 6
The propeller of his jetpack appears above his head and slashed six times his enemy. One of his best killing moves.

Standard Special: Crown Boomerang
Range: Very Long
K. Rool throw his crown to his enemy, like in Donkey Kong Country. Similar to Melee Link's boomerang, although when he recovers his crown, he's very vulnerable

Forward Special: Blunderbuss
Damage: Moderate/High
K. Rool throw a cannonball. It's chargeable. If you charge it, you throw a spiked cannonball, more powerful than a normal one. If you charge it too much, the blunderbuss explodes (like Diddy's Peanut Popgun), but the cannonball still appearing. His signature move from Donkey Kong Country 2. K. Rool can move when he's charging, although much slower than normally.

Up Special: Helicopterpad/B]
K. Rool throws his cape and reveals the helicopterpad in his back. He performs a huge jump using it. K. Rool damages his enemies if he toches them. Taken from Donkey Kong Country 3.

Down Special: Energy Shot
Knockback: Inexistant
Hits: 1-2
Another Blunderbuss shot. K. Rool shoots an energy ball. The energy ball invert the normal controls, and the effects of the A and B moves swap. If you charge it, K. Rool shoots two energy shots (which move in spiral). From Donkey Kong Country 2, too. You can't move when you charge this attack, but the blunderbuss can't explode.

Final Smash: Blast-O-Matic
Damage: Very High
Knockback: Very High
Duration: 20 seconds
K. Rool disappears and his island ship from DK64 appears in the background. You can move it and press the "B" button for firing the Blast-O-Matic. It requires 2 seconds, so it's easy to avoid. But the powerful blast is almost an Instant KO. After use it, you need like 3 seconds to fire it again.
When the Final Smash ends, K. Rool jumps again to the stage.

Grab Attack
Damage: Very Low
K. Rool holds his enemy with one hand. K. Rool can bite his enemy.

Forward Throw
Similar to Fox's. K. Rool uses a boxing glove.

Backward Throw
Duration: High
Hits: 2
K. Rool throws his enemy backwards and, when the enemy is still in the air, he uses the blunderbuss to hit him.

Down Throw
Lag: Short
Similar to Kirby's.

Up Throw
Lag: Short
Similar to Jigglypuff's. K. Rool performs an uppercut (using his boxing glove).

Taunts
1st- K. Rool moves his fingers like he did in DK64 while he laughs madly.
2nd- K. Rool says "Thank you" like in DK64.
3rd- A Golden Banana appears in front of K. Rool and he catches it. Then, he looks right and left and guard the banana in his cape.

Shield
K. Rool uses his boxing gloves and protect his face (like in the battle against DK in DK64). Like all large characters, his shield isn't big enough to cover the entirety of his body.

Roll
K. Rool performs a sommersault around his foe. A decent roll.

Air Dodge
Similar to Mario's.

Winning Pose
1st- He appears sat in his throne, laughing madly.
2nd-He appears holding his pet klaptrap, caressing him and smiling.
3rd-He appears shooting his blunderbuss while he laughs.

K. Rool also has an alternate costume, like Wario. K. Rool could use his Kaptain costume (because it's his most popular alter ego).

Opinions?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371

But the one thing that K has the others don't is cannons and a boomerang crown. The great thing about K is that he would be a heavy character that ISN'T a close range fighter.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
K. rool can also jump pretty high, as seen in his DKC appearances... but then again.. bowser can jump high to in some of his appearances.

Machete

Smash Ace
K. rool can also jump pretty high, as seen in his DKC appearances... but then again.. bowser can jump high to in some of his appearances.
Bowser only can jump high in Super Mario 64. In his other appearances, Mario jumps much higher. K. Rool can jump much higher and longer than Donkey Kong always.

Top Bottom