• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I really hope K. Rool is playable in Brawl he's been my most wanted character besides Dedede and Wario.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Looking through all this I thought I'd actually have some work to do, but it turns out I don't. There's not enough good rebuttal. =[

I love how you just listed off a bunch of characters and said they are guarenteed withought any proof. Listen n00B you can talk about how you don't want K.Rool as much as you want but that doesn't change the fact that he is very much deserving of a spot. Don't hand me any of that rep bull either because I made an entire thread detailing why reps are idiotic bull**** anyway. Bottom line, K.Rool is a nintendo all star with importance and moveset potential which means he is a very likely character. If you don't like it then suck it.
I never said they were guaranteed, more that they are just obviously in before him. Do any of those characters strike you as something that would be below. And the point of the matter is he doesn't deserve it. Maybe it this was DK centric, and not all of Nintendo, but the fact is it isn't. This is all of Nintendo we are dealing with, and there's no point of using such an uninspired character with such a rocky history. The fact that I simply hate the character in itself isn't even a issue here. He's not an all star, he's just your standard villain who was only made to fill a role. His moveset potential is still dirt poor despite all the efforts in this thread. He's not a likely character.

(And for the record, I am not here to debate Geno's inclusion, but if you want, you can just use the Mario spot, since that's where he'd be)

Limit

Smash Apprentice
Eh? No he's not. Look, we have around 25 characters now, if you include PT as three and Samus as 2. Now if you add Sheik, Marth, Luigi, a new Mario representative, one more third party character, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, a new Zelda character, Ridley, Krystal, Mr. Game & Watch, an AC character, two other Pokemon characters, and Olimar, then you've got 40 already. Now all of those are unconfirmed, but they are obvious characters that would get in before K. Rool. And then there's the competetions with the stretch characters like an extra SF or FE character, another third party, or unexpected retro character. K. Rool's doesn't beat any of them importance.

But that's okay, since DK and Diddy make a good balance for the DK series.
I love how you deliberately tried to force in 40 characters just so you could shut out K. Rool. Thanks for proving my original point, but your post was utter failure.

Maybe if you would've:

A) Not counted PT, Samus and Shiek as multiple characters,
B) Not assumed that ALL of those characters you listed are guaranteed additions, and
C) Realized that those "extra" competitors are on par with K. Rool, if not less likely than him

Then you could see quite plainly exactly what I had previously stated: there is still just enough room for K. Rool.

But I guess you're right, though.

23. Luigi
24. Mario Character
25. Third Party Character
26. Captain Falcon
27. Ganondorf
28. Zelda Character
29. Ridley
30. Krystal
31. Mr. Game & Watch
32. Animal Crossing Character
33. Pokemon Character
34. Pokemon Character
35. Captain Olimar
36. Extra Starfox Character
37. Extra Fire Emblem Character
38. Extra Third Party Character
39. Unexpected Retro Character
40. King K. Rool

Pieman0920

Smash Master
A) They are though. PT has three characters as part of him, and Samus/Zelda have two.
B) I never said they were guaranteed, just that they clearly should get in before K. Rool. (Or maybe it's guaranteed that they'd get in before Rool?)
C) Yeah, it still makes him less likely. Those extra characters would be around his level as competition, and villains have the lowest priority as PCs. Takamaru would get in before Rool, that's for sure. Falco would return before Rool, that's for sure. Heck, Micaiah would get in before Rool under most circumstances.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A) They are though. PT has three characters as part of him, and Samus/Zelda have two.
B) I never said they were guaranteed, just that they clearly should get in before K. Rool. (Or maybe it's guaranteed that they'd get in before Rool?)
C) Yeah, it still makes him less likely. Those extra characters would be around his level as competition, and villains have the lowest priority as PCs. Takamaru would get in before Rool, that's for sure. Falco would return before Rool, that's for sure. Heck, Micaiah would get in before Rool under most circumstances.
The 3rd best selling franchise of Nintendo should get 3 reps if lesser series are...

DK needs his villain PC!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
With DK being humungous in Nintendo, 3rd best selling. Before thy move onto other DK character, it is essential to have a villian, K. Rool being heavy weight is perfect. Since Brawl lack villians and heavy weight.

Also these people are aloud to join Kremling Power:
KaptK.Rool
Diddykong08 (I'm feeling happy)

Also if you have more than 20 posts you are aloyd to join Kremling Power, just ask me.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Dang Zelda. (Though I think that it will get higher if the crummy quality of DK games continue)

Sure. K. Rool is just that horrible. Well actually it's more of the retro character effect. None of them have done anything recently anyways. Ice Climbers? Still haven't had a real new game despite their publicity. Despite that though, Takamaru's game is actually quite successful, which is what Sakurai wanted to see in order to consider him. But I digress, Takamaru's chances are pretty bad as it is.

In any case, K. Rool has never been what make DK games sell. In fact the best selling one doesn't have him at all. (I also think it may be valid to mention Myamoto's distaste for the DKC series, but then again this is Sakurai's game)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dang Zelda. (Though I think that it will get higher if the crummy quality of DK games continue)

Sure. K. Rool is just that horrible. Well actually it's more of the retro character effect. None of them have done anything recently anyways. Ice Climbers? Still haven't had a real new game despite their publicity. Despite that though, Takamaru's game is actually quite successful, which is what Sakurai wanted to see in order to consider him. But I digress, Takamaru's chances are pretty bad as it is.

In any case, K. Rool has never been what make DK games sell. In fact the best selling one doesn't have him at all. (I also think it may be valid to mention Myamoto's distaste for the DKC series, but then again this is Sakurai's game)
Miyamoto just didn't like the idea that a foreign Nintendo 2nd party was created a game series that sold so well it became the 2nd best selling Nintendo franchise at the time

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
In any case, K. Rool has never been what make DK games sell.
And..? I don't think anyone bought a Kirby game because of King Dedede

(I also think it may be valid to mention Myamoto's distaste for the DKC series, but then again this is Sakurai's game)
... Who later apologized and explained that Nintendo was pressuring him to make the graphic of the still-in-production Yoshi's Island more like Donkey KOng Coutry, also, Shiggy was one of the producer of the original Donkey Kong Country, I'd doubt he hates a game he made.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Looking through all this I thought I'd actually have some work to do, but it turns out I don't. There's not enough good rebuttal. =[

I never said they were guaranteed, more that they are just obviously in before him. Do any of those characters strike you as something that would be below. And the point of the matter is he doesn't deserve it. Maybe it this was DK centric, and not all of Nintendo, but the fact is it isn't. This is all of Nintendo we are dealing with, and there's no point of using such an uninspired character with such a rocky history. The fact that I simply hate the character in itself isn't even a issue here. He's not an all star, he's just your standard villain who was only made to fill a role. His moveset potential is still dirt poor despite all the efforts in this thread. He's not a likely character.

(And for the record, I am not here to debate Geno's inclusion, but if you want, you can just use the Mario spot, since that's where he'd be)
Wow, the n00Bishness is strong with this one. Most of those characters you said are obviously in before him aren't half as likely as you think. AC character and another 2 pokemon characters for example is really pushing it. I don't see how you can possibly say he doesn't deserve it. He is a gigantic part of D.K history. He is THE D.K villain. Sure he may have been made as just some evil guy to oppose the hero, but aren't ALL villains basically just that? You say his character has not been fleshed out and he is generic which shows your own ignorance. You are a complete moron if you still say he has no moveset potential and there is really no use arguing with you anymore if you refuse to acknowledge this one obvious fact.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Actually Dedede's proven to be popular. Heck he could have been selling those games. Most requested character for Brawl. Playable in other games as well if I recall. Regular character on a international cartoon. =/

Edit: :O

Not really. A AC character is pretty much needed to fit the stage. Heck, you guys claim K. Rool is needed as a villain, which is among the same lines but less so. Pokemon's the second most popular video game series, and it's very likely they'll get two other reps that haven't been seen. (Jigglypuff and Mewtwo can easily return or maybe something like Lucario?) Especially before K. Rool. DK history started without K. Rool, and a good chunk of it excludes him. Jungle Beat for instance has no trace of him. And how is it me lacking knowledge when it comes to him being generic? He is! Look at the other villains though, they are not. I already spoke for Dedede up there, Bowser's had loads of character development before and after melee, and Ganondrof has also proven himself. And it's not like he doesn't have moveset potential, it's just dirt poor. =/

Limit

Smash Apprentice

Yeah, actually, he sort of was, since the entire DKC story revolved around the Kremlings. With him being their leader, he's a little important. Anyone could have been the DKC villain, but you know who they chose? King K. Rool. The same way Bowser is the villain of Mario. The same way Ganondorf is the villain for Zelda.

Sure, he may not be as prominent as those other two, but that's only because he hasn't starred in any recent popular games. And who cares what Myamoto thinks about DKC. Seriously, the DK series needs to go back to its roots and stop making terrible games. I guarantee you, if they ever decided to make a modern side-scrolling DKC game with 3D graphics, it would be one of the most popular games without a doubt.

K. Rool is a BIG part of the games which Donkey Kong so popular. Why you can't seem to grasp that is beyond me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DKC was only popular because of the graphics at the time though. Heck, that's why most people bought it. >____>
DKC is one of the better games out there, to this day I still play DKC 2, hell I know a bunch of people that do

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well I guess that's why you guys still support K. Rool. But seriously, that's what the hook was. It wasn't innovative or new beyond those things. (I feel shame for the hype in retrospect of those carefree days) v_v

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well I guess that's why you guys still support K. Rool. But seriously, that's what the hook was. It wasn't innovative or new beyond those things. (I feel shame for the hype in retrospect of those carefree days) v_v
Controlling 2 players in a side scroller like it was, or 1 player with two interchangeable characters that could interact with eachother like this had never been done before

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
Sweet! Thanks for letting me into the Kremling Power group Andy4Brawl 911! How do I add the kremling power sig banner into my sig?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Huh? The solo co-op-ness? That is hardly innovative. I know standard co op occurred before that, and also co op with interaction, but it is difficult to look through everything to see if there was something exactly the same before it. I will concede the fact that SSE plays somewhat like that and a mix of Kirby games.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
So I guess as a game grows old and outdated, we are just supposed to abandon the all characters, environment, gameplay and memories we experienced while playing such a great game?

Isn't that what Smash is all about? To allow those memories to resurface themselves and become just as strong once more?

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Actually Dedede's proven to be popular. Heck he could have been selling those games. Most requested character for Brawl. Playable in other games as well if I recall. Regular character on a international cartoon. =/

Edit: :O

Not really. A AC character is pretty much needed to fit the stage. Heck, you guys claim K. Rool is needed as a villain, which is among the same lines but less so. Pokemon's the second most popular video game series, and it's very likely they'll get two other reps that haven't been seen. (Jigglypuff and Mewtwo can easily return or maybe something like Lucario?) Especially before K. Rool. DK history started without K. Rool, and a good chunk of it excludes him. Jungle Beat for instance has no trace of him. And how is it me lacking knowledge when it comes to him being generic? He is! Look at the other villains though, they are not. I already spoke for Dedede up there, Bowser's had loads of character development before and after melee, and Ganondrof has also proven himself. And it's not like he doesn't have moveset potential, it's just dirt poor. =/
An AC character is NOT needed because of a stage. The stage could be the only AC rep in the game (not counting the pitfall). The game needs villains because of subspace. This is a nintendo game so therefore nintendo villains are needed. We can't just have EVERY bad guy in SE made up. Pokemon totally needs two more characters after getting three in the form of PT. That makes perfect sense and is completely unbiased. Mario's history started with out Bowser. What's your point? A couple of spin offs really make a large chunk of the franchise your right. K.Rool is not freaking generic and even if he is there is no reason that should matter to Sakurai so shut up about it.

If you didn't notice the parts I was being Sarcastic, please slap yourself directly in the face.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
DKC didn't stand through the ages though. I pretty much figured out to myself that it was only aesthetic appeal that made me like the game. Things like SMW or SF64 I still play, but that's because of the gameplay.

They also have Mr. Resetti, tbqh. But really, AC has proven itself successful, popular, and innovative. Why not one representative? I'm not saying two or three, just one. Surly it is more relevant than a third character to a already balanced franchise. There's no real problem when concerning the moveset of the standard AC human. The animosity isn't a problem as shown by PT. And multiple moves that the AC human has would be unique and have not been used yet. And the point of Smash is about Nintndo characters as a whole, and not villains at all. If you want to fight the villains, you play against them in their games. In Smash though you get the stars from the games to compete with each other. Now certain villains can, and have shown up, but they have all been villains that made a name for themselves, and broke away from the traditional mold. K. Rool hasn't.

And yeah, despite the unbalance of characters, Pokemon will likely get two new reps. How else do you think they could ever hope to satisfy their fans? Just Jigglypuff? Just Mewtwo? A random new character? Heck, many people are betting on three. The basis of them getting two new characters is because it's a popular series with three existing characters who have not be confirmed to return, and with the potential for others who were not in last time.

And I admit the majority of Bowser's appearances have been him playing the old generic type cast he created, but he doesn't do that all the time like K. Rool. And it does matter if K. Rool is generic as sin, because there's no point to add him in if he is. =/

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
DKC didn't stand through the ages though. I pretty much figured out to myself that it was only aesthetic appeal that made me like the game. Things like SMW or SF64 I still play, but that's because of the gameplay.

They also have Mr. Resetti, tbqh. But really, AC has proven itself successful, popular, and innovative. Why not one representative? I'm not saying two or three, just one. Surly it is more relevant than a third character to a already balanced franchise. There's no real problem when concerning the moveset of the standard AC human. The animosity isn't a problem as shown by PT. And multiple moves that the AC human has would be unique and have not been used yet. And the point of Smash is about Nintndo characters as a whole, and not villains at all. If you want to fight the villains, you play against them in their games. In Smash though you get the stars from the games to compete with each other. Now certain villains can, and have shown up, but they have all been villains that made a name for themselves, and broke away from the traditional mold. K. Rool hasn't.

And yeah, despite the unbalance of characters, Pokemon will likely get two new reps. How else do you think they could ever hope to satisfy their fans? Just Jigglypuff? Just Mewtwo? A random new character? Heck, many people are betting on three. The basis of them getting two new characters is because it's a popular series with three existing characters who have not be confirmed to return, and with the potential for others who were not in last time.

And I admit the majority of Bowser's appearances have been him playing the old generic type cast he created, but he doesn't do that all the time like K. Rool. And it does matter if K. Rool is generic as sin, because there's no point to add him in if he is. =/
K. Rool is not generic, infact he has multiple personalities.. quite unique for a boss. I mean how many boss' can you name that which each defeat completely take on another identity. Although he may still retain his true form "King form" he is far from generic. Not to mention he was on the poll with a good amount of votes.

kRooL 4 brawlz

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
They also have Mr. Resetti, tbqh. But really, AC has proven itself successful, popular, and innovative. Why not one representative? I'm not saying two or three, just one. Surly it is more relevant than a third character to a already balanced franchise. There's no real problem when concerning the moveset of the standard AC human. The animosity isn't a problem as shown by PT. And multiple moves that the AC human has would be unique and have not been used yet.
AC doesn't NEED a playable character. Most franchises will be lucky to get AT treatment and AC has that and then some. I'm not saying it's an impossible character. I'm just saying he isn't as likely as you think.

And the point of Smash is about Nintndo characters as a whole, and not villains at all. If you want to fight the villains, you play against them in their games. In Smash though you get the stars from the games to compete with each other. Now certain villains can, and have shown up, but they have all been villains that made a name for themselves, and broke away from the traditional mold. K. Rool hasn't.
Name one more Nintendo villain with M.P.D THEN you can keep parading around this idiotic generic argument (not that it'll make a difference because it's an idiotic argument anyway).

I made an entire thread talking about why people who think along these lines are morons. SAKURAI IS NOT ADDING CHARACTERS BECAUSE OF FRANCHISE OF ORIGIN! What is so hard to understand about that?

K.Rool is not generic and you continue to ignore the facts that prove it. If you have played D.K 64 you can tell he is seriously unstable. Most villains know exactly what they are doing and simply choose to be bad, K.Rool on the other hand is insane. Not the bad insane either. The comical insane. Give me one reason Sakurai would care if K.Rool is generic or not.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You know what also takes on a new idenity each time its encountered? A standard Saturday cartoon villain. Especially King Koopa from the Super Mario Bros Super Show, who might I add, is the splitting image of K. Rool. e_e

An AC character does need a bit of luck, but it's still more deserving than K. Rool, which is the point. And at this point with everything that's been shown, it's actually more likely than a good deal of other characters.

M.P.D? You mean a more important villain? Well there's Ridley, and after that, we've got a good balance of villains, and there's no need for any more. It's a good and solid variety of unique villains tbqh. =/

K. Rool deserves nothing though if he doesn't have the backing of his franchise of origin, which is what I thought you people where stressing. >_>

And I did play DK64, and I did notice how many cliches and generic bad guy stuff he did. Your point? And you think Sakurai would let generic characters in? Why would he do that? Why not a unique character and not just another anthromorphic evil reptile king?

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
If it's not 4, then I hope DK only gets 2 reps so neither the Dixie fanbase or the K. Rool fanbase get sad or feel less. but if it's 3 screw K. Rool, Diddy basically proved that less important characters can get in before more important characters.

Luigi player

Smash Master
If it's not 4, then I hope DK only gets 2 reps so neither the Dixie fanbase or the K. Rool fanbase get sad or feel less. but if it's 3 screw K. Rool, Diddy basically proved that less important characters can get in before more important characters.
The chance that DK will get Dixie and K. Rool is really low you know.
And I'm sure that Dixie or K. Rool fanbases are still happy if the other one makes it in. I love the DK games (well the country series and DK64... and Diddy Kong racing ^^) and I like Dixie. She was in one of my favourite games (Donkey Kong Country 2) alongside Diddy. It was really epic... Anyway, I'd be happier if Dixie made it in than none of them >_> And why don't you like K. Rool?
How did Diddy prove that less important characters get in before more important ones? Diddy IS the second most important DK character if you ask me.

What do you think if you hear "Donkey Kong". I know I'd think about Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong.

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool is more important than Diddy, storywise. ;) I really hope that ugly reptile is not included, I prefer the 3 kongs are in instead. and idk, I just don't like K. Rool, especially when he's so overrated.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
K. Rool is more important than Diddy, storywise. ;) I really hope that ugly reptile is not included, I prefer the 3 kongs are in instead. and idk, I just don't like K. Rool, especially when he's so overrated.
Actually in importance it's gone(and has always gone) Dk, then Diddy, then K. Rool.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
King K. Rool All the way! Keep the DK characters alive and well!!

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
id take krool over bowser any day. i just like him better

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
To whomever said K. Rool was more important than Diddy...

That's complete bullcrap. Diddy Kong was one of the main heroes in the DK games, alongside DK, and even starred in his own racing games! If K. Rool had gotten in before him...

Actually, I wouldn't have minded. But it wouldn't really be fair.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
Well there's Ridley, and after that, we've got a good balance of villains, and there's no need for any more. It's a good and solid variety of unique villains tbqh.
Do you seriously not see that villains are currently outnumbered SUBSTANTIALLY? There is a severe lack of them in Smash, and Ridley is only just one of the few who will help to correct this massive imbalance.

I'm not going to bring my villain debate into this thread, but please admit that what you said was a joke.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Do you seriously not see that villains are currently outnumbered SUBSTANTIALLY? There is a severe lack of them in Smash, and Ridley is only just one of the few who will help to correct this massive imbalance.

I'm not going to bring my villain debate into this thread, but please admit that what you said was a joke.
I'm pretty sure both Ridley and K. Rool will be playable along with(hopefully) Wolf and Black Shadow.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Diddy didn't just have the racing game, but he was also the star of DKC2. K. Rool was never close to him in terms of importance. =/

But anyways, villains are not supposed to even come close to the heroes in numbers, because for the most part, they are not all-stars. This game is about having memorable characters fight each other, not just recreating old match ups from the past games.

Top Bottom