• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Diddy didn't just have the racing game, but he was also the star of DKC2. K. Rool was never close to him in terms of importance. =/

But anyways, villains are not supposed to even come close to the heroes in numbers, because for the most part, they are not all-stars. This game is about having memorable characters fight each other, not just recreating old match ups from the past games.
That can also work with villains, whos more powerful...Mario's villain VS Kirby's villain VS Samus' villain VS DK's villain...

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
but I insist, K. Rool is more important than Diddy. Look at Diddy, he's mainly known as a sidekick, not a main hero. If it's Diddy's game that get's him more important than K. Rool, then Toad's game gets him more important than....?Bowser? It's not that I care, either way, as long as that fat croc is not it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
but I insist, K. Rool is more important than Diddy. Look at Diddy, he's mainly known as a sidekick, not a main hero. If it's Diddy's game that get's him more important than K. Rool, then Toad's game gets him more important than....?Bowser? It's not that I care, either way, as long as that fat croc is not it.
DIddy is Donkey Kong's Luigi, not Donkey Kong's toad

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When Luigi got in before Bowser, Bowser wasn't included. >_>
...and, if Kirby can get 2 reps, I'm sure Donkey Kong can too..

I mean, Metroid even is probably getting another new one as well

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Metaknight has also been playable on occasion.

Still, even if Kirby did get three, and Metroid gets an extra one as well, it's still clear that K. Rool is worth less than all of those characters added. (Well I don't know how to rule that on ZSS, but she's basically the fansercie)

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Metaknight has also been playable on occasion.

Still, even if Kirby did get three, and Metroid gets an extra one as well, it's still clear that K. Rool is worth less than all of those characters added. (Well I don't know how to rule that on ZSS, but she's basically the fansercie)
Pieman's joking aside K. Rool deserves to be in Brawl as a playable character allot more than most characters.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
K. Rool is an awesome character, people who are fans of the DKC series will know he has a humorous personality especially when he fakes his death, those are funny.

K. Rool also has the potential to be one of the first fast moving heavy weight characters, because although he is rather larger he has been proven to move quite fast.

K. Rool deserves to be in brawl just as much as anyone else, he is completely canon to the DKC universe and continues to show up as the DK crew's number 1 enemy.

it truly is his time to enter the brawl. K ROOL 4 deh brawlz

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
You know what also takes on a new idenity each time its encountered? A standard Saturday cartoon villain. Especially King Koopa from the Super Mario Bros Super Show, who might I add, is the splitting image of K. Rool. e_e
Wasn't that show a gigantic flop?

An AC character does need a bit of luck, but it's still more deserving than K. Rool, which is the point. And at this point with everything that's been shown, it's actually more likely than a good deal of other characters.
No it's not. People say they want all these characters from new franchises and what not which is fine but not at the expense of important characters from already in smash franchises.

M.P.D? You mean a more important villain?
I'm going to assume this is an idiotic joke.

Well there's Ridley, and after that, we've got a good balance of villains, and there's no need for any more. It's a good and solid variety of unique villains tbqh. =/
I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but I seriously think Ridley is overrated. ZOMG I'M A DRAGON *****! Sure I realise he has a pretty good shot and all but he isn't guarenteed llike most people think. A good balance of villains? You are one hell of a comedian.

K. Rool deserves nothing though if he doesn't have the backing of his franchise of origin, which is what I thought you people where stressing. >_>
This comment makes no sense.

And I did play DK64, and I did notice how many cliches and generic bad guy stuff he did. Your point? And you think Sakurai would let generic characters in? Why would he do that? Why not a unique character and not just another anthromorphic evil reptile king?
Sakurai only cares about whether or not a character is unique in the moveset department (which K.Rool very much is) personality wise it makes absolutley no sense for a character to be denied a spot in brawl because they are generic.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
i'm pretty sure Metroid will only get Ridley added, and i'm pretty sure K. Rool will be in as an unlockable character.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hmm? Not really. The Super Show was sucessful enough, though kids enjoyed the animated part better it seems, so when it became based on SMB3 and SMW, it was all cartoons, I know that. It survived a lot longer than that DK cartoon.

K. Rool doesn't matter in comparison to their importance though. He's just the throw away villain created soley for that spot. There's no deeper connection between him and DK other than his standard stealing and threatning. Any villain can fill that roll and nothing would be lost. The AC human though is the face of Animal Crossing, which has been highly sucessful, as shown in how much representation it's getting. They are more unique, recognizable, and create a better balance.

Sorry, you just threw in that accronym without explination. He has more M.P.D? I just assumed that it had to do with the context and that he was a more important villain. Please explain yourself.

Ridley actually has more of a connection to the main character than the simple "Blarg i stel j00r banas" or "mah blast-o-matic wil keel u all to teh deds." Also he's really the only acceptable character for the second Metroid spot. (Third if technical, but he deserves it more than ZSS anyways) And it is a good balance. Bowser, Ganondorf, Wario, Dedede, and Ridley are all the villains that are worth it. I guess you can count Mewtwo in there, but he's kinda on the fench like Metaknight. The point is that they are all big name memorable and original villains instead of trash like K. Rool.

That comment was labeled at the hypocracy of thinking that K. Rool could ever get in other than to add numbers to his franchise. =/

You have a musket, and that's it. He's not unique beyond that. Heck, Snake's rocket launcher basically emulates that. You can use the Cracker Laungher or the Super Scope too. All of his other moves are basically already used.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Oh! I think I finally figured out M.P.D. It's Multiple Personality Dissorder, right? =D

Wait, that doesn't boost his chances at all if I'm right. Heck, why would that be a reason to get in Brawl? And we already have Wario if you want someone who's mixed up in their identitiy.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
still K. Rool is perfect for Brawl, and since DKis finally getting characters the main villain should be playable as well.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
wow i'm surprised that somebody who's against a character like pieman is with krool would bother being so persistant with arguing against their inclusion. nothing against you, but it just seems that if somebody didn't care too much for a char they wouldn't bother posting all that much in their thread anyway.

i like krool a lot and would be really surprised and happy if he was in, but i don't think his chances are really THAT high... we'll see when the games out

Luigi player

Smash Master
"He's just the throw away villain created soley for that spot. There's no deeper connection between him and DK other than his standard stealing and threatning. Any villain can fill that roll and nothing would be lost."

You could say the same thing about Bowser. It's only that the Mario franchise is more popular. But any other character could take Bowsers spot and steal the princess. What else does he do?

If Bowser was replaced, many, if not all, Mario fans would be really sad and angry and want Bowser back.
It would be the same with K. Rool, only that there are less fans, but they'd still be upset.

You can't say nothing would be lost, because there ARE people who like him. Not everyone has the same opinion about K. Rool as you have you know.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Of course Bowser was created for that spot, I went over that. It's just that over time he actually became developed. K. Rool didn't. He's still the same bad guy with the the same motivations which he shares with just about every Saturday morning cartoon villain.

And I am persistant because you people are persistant. You don't seem to relise how unlikely he is. It's not like I'm trying to make you all hate the character like I do. >_>

D

Deleted member

Pieman, don't you know how important Banana's are to Donkey Kong? If K. Rool does it, DK and Diddy go on a rampage. Besides, I think we all know that it was just a game intended for kids. He is a really awesome character that could have a moveset worked out for him.

We need more villains.
We need more DK reps. 1 could do just fine.
K. Rool is the perfect croc to fill in that spot.

Not only did K. Rool try and take banana's. He also kidnapped DK and Diddy. He threatened to destroy Donkey Kong Isle. He's a prick but he is also funny and a great character.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
Of course Bowser was created for that spot, I went over that. It's just that over time he actually became developed. K. Rool didn't. He's still the same bad guy with the the same motivations which he shares with just about every Saturday morning cartoon villain.

And I am persistant because you people are persistant. You don't seem to relise how unlikely he is. It's not like I'm trying to make you all hate the character like I do. >_>

i already said i question his chances. and of course fans of the character are persistant about arguing for him. so why bother arguing against them?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Why bother arguing against me? I feel that I have the correct stance, and they keep opposing me. Thus, why should I give up? Though it's possible I should. No one's comming up with anything good anymore. Even if I havn't changed their minds, the point about his chances are so low, has been made clear. =/

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool is the main villain, but so is Andross and I hope they have the same fate. Dixie should get in K. Rools place, there is a bigger need for more girls and there are less amount of females than there are to villians.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
K. Rool is the main villain, but so is Andross and I hope they have the same fate. Dixie should get in K. Rools place, there is a bigger need for more girls and there are less amount of females than there are to villians.
Um, what does Dixie have over K. Rool? It's not like her personality got developed or anything. In fact, it's almost like she's a clone of Diddy, except with long hair. And what would her B moves be? Smack with Hair? Grab with Hair? Seriously, there's nothing good about her except for the fact that she's a female hero. Oh, and some people like her, but almost every character has some fans.

Top Bottom