• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
How do I change my sig then to have the kremling power banner?
Click on "User CP" at the top of the page. Go to "Edit Signature." Copy and paste the IMG tag into the sig. You can get the tag by saving the sig picture to photobucket.

And my bad for the DK level post. I'll keep an eye out for more K. Rool levels.

EDIT: and you should probably listen to Andy about the 20 post rule.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
WOW!! Thanks foz your official Kremling Power member, now thats true K. rool and KremlingPower supporter. Boosting us up to 15 members ithink, with 3 nearly their KF11, KaptK.Rool and Diddykong8, when they reach 20 posts

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like the chances the Japanese fan site give him, K. Rool would be an awesome character...if they would just put him in!

Edit: However, I fear Sakurai may think he's too awkward, doesn't have enough moves...or with something having to do with he's a Western character (or whatever you call it)...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have to say, K. Rool is a hard character to make a support icon for, but he's an attempt...

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Andy, there's some problems with the 1st post. I had a red costume for K. Rool and posted it here, but it hasn't been added along with the Kirby Hat.

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the help guys! I have an excellant idea for a stage for K. Rool or Donkey Kong series in general: Swamp stage from DKC 2 W/music from the ghost levels. Thoughts and opinions are accepted.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the help guys! I have an excellant idea for a stage for K. Rool or Donkey Kong series in general: Swamp stage from DKC 2 W/music from the ghost levels. Thoughts and opinions are accepted.
The ghost level music, if it's what I remember it being that was one of the most recognizable songs in DKC2!

Edit: I prefer the Swamp music I think, actually

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i agreee guys after completing my final touches on Gangplank Galleon, i might start doing other stages

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
could you give me the links
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/476/kroolrecolorrs1.png K. Rool Red costume
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3422/kirbykroolsr9.png Kirby Hat

Just glancing at the moveset, I think a few minor changes should be made:

B: Musket Blast
Draws his Musket and fires. If the cannonball hits an opponent, it will still keep going. If executed correctly, it can hit multiple times.

Side B: Crown Boomerang
Same as in 1st post.

Up B: Kremling Karry
Pulls out some sort of flying Kremling (idk what it's called) and it carries him up.

Down B: Klap Trap
Pulls oout a thrashing Klap Trap. If an enemy comes close, it will latch on chomp them several times. The Klap Trap then comes off and runs back to K. Rool.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
ha ha ha, nice geno thingy, blitz. for now im keeping the old moveset, i need a moveset that has balanced of K. Rool different personalities

Limit

Smash Apprentice
I think a moveset that just uses his King K. Rool persona is enough. Having a bunch of different moves from all of his different personas would just make him look like a clown character, and that wouldn't be right. It wouldn't make any sense either.

With that being said, I think his blunderbuss is an exception, since his King K. Rool/Kaptain K. Rool personas are sort of a crossover. He used cannonballs and pirate ships in DKC1, so a blunderbuss wouldn't be too far out. (DKC1 >> DKC2 transition is very close)

Lastly...I'm sort of against the idea of a crown boomerang attack because it eliminates the possibility of a Kaptain K. Rool alternate costume. :(

Besides, I don't think it would work right either. I believe it has been discussed before, but losing his crown would screw up the hitbox/attacks of King K. Rool. It's just not the same as Link's boomerang, because the crown is an integral part of his character design. Rool's options aren't that narrow -- there are better moves for him to choose from.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
People should figure out that there aren't going to be alternate costumes... >_>

Anyways, he'd be in his original form if anything, since the way he is often shown. The problem is that he doesn't have enough moves in that form, and nothing he has is really original, except for the crown through, and that's just dumb...

Limit

Smash Apprentice
People should figure out that there aren't going to be alternate costumes... >_>

Anyways, he'd be in his original form if anything, since the way he is often shown. The problem is that he doesn't have enough moves in that form, and nothing he has is really original, except for the crown through, and that's just dumb...
What's with the lack of imagination? He has plenty of other moves to draw from for his specials...you only need 4 remember? It's not that hard, really...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You'd think that someone of his "status" wouldn't even need the imagination excuse, right? It's a testament to how poor his character really is.

But let's review. His original self has his Crown Throw and outside of that he can jump up and down. His pirate form had a jet gun, which could fire a bunch of different stuff. His mad scientist form...really had nothing. His boxer form had punching, more jumping, and maybe something else I can't remember right now. (Rocket Glove?)

That's really kinda crummy. (And remember good people, each character has more than 4 moves, they just have 4 specials, though I guess the generic attacks could just be written off to generic claw slaps he does with that horribly deformed body of his)

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
You'd think that someone of his "status" wouldn't even need the imagination excuse, right? It's a testament to how poor his character really is.

But let's review. His original self has his Crown Throw and outside of that he can jump up and down. His pirate form had a jet gun, which could fire a bunch of different stuff. His mad scientist form...really had nothing. His boxer form had punching, more jumping, and maybe something else I can't remember right now. (Rocket Glove?)

That's really kinda crummy. (And remember good people, each character has more than 4 moves, they just have 4 specials, though I guess the generic attacks could just be written off to generic claw slaps he does with that horribly deformed body of his)
to me it sounds more like you just have a distaste for the character, trying to find reasons why he doesn't have move potential.

All bowser really ever did was breathe fire. That's already less things than K.Rool has done.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
to me it sounds more like you just have a distaste for the character, trying to find reasons why he doesn't have move potential.

All bowser really ever did was breathe fire. That's already less things than K.Rool has done.
Actually, Bowser has done more than breath fire. Ever play Super Mario RPG? Anyways, Bowser is important enough to warrant a spot, no matter how little moveset potential he has.

But K. Rool also has a variety of moves. He's able to throw his crown, shoot things out of his musket, use a helipack, create shockwaves, jump large distances, and more! Besides, none of the other characters really used actual moves for their standard A moves.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Actually, the chances of him using the Helipack in his King form are quite slim when you think about it. He'd have that cape after all.

And the fact that he can jump is hardly anything special at all, and we already have that ground pound thing from multiple characters already. Heck, the only move that would be even remotely good is that musket. >_>

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Bowser has done more than breath fire. Ever play Super Mario RPG? Anyways, Bowser is important enough to warrant a spot, no matter how little moveset potential he has.

But K. Rool also has a variety of moves. He's able to throw his crown, shoot things out of his musket, use a helipack, create shockwaves, jump large distances, and more! Besides, none of the other characters really used actual moves for their standard A moves.

see, i knew somebody would reply and say, "hey, bowser has done more than breathe fire"

that is kinda my point. he has done more, yet for smash the fire breath is the only real ability genuinely taken from bower's games.

now k.rool has done plenty thoughout the dk games, and even then you don't need all of his stuff for smash.

And seriously, what is wrong with K.rool's jump? That would be a fine move, there are a lot of moves that are essentially just 'jumps' like mario and luigi's up b, falcon, ganon, etc.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Actually, everything but up B was taken from his games. His down B he used in SMB3, and the claw was used in SMRPG.

And what's wrong is that it's just a jump. Thus it would be just a jump. Mario/Luigi have a uppercut while Falcon/Ganondorf have a jump-grab.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why he couldn't use the helipack. I mean, it could fit behind his cape somehow, or could be moved somewhere else on his body. Besides, even if they couldn't move it somewhere or somehow solve the cape problem, they could still just add a super jump. Also, for his ground pound, he could have more lag but create a shockwave. If that didn't work, they could map the musket to it or an attack like summoning a cannonball from the sky, like in Chronosquare's moveset. He has plenty of potential.

And about the imagination aspect, K. Rool is certainly important enough to get in without a decent moveset. I mean, does Donkey Kong being the 4th best selling franchise in Nintendo mean anything to you?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Actually, the chances of him using the Helipack in his King form are quite slim when you think about it. He'd have that cape after all.

And the fact that he can jump is hardly anything special at all, and we already have that ground pound thing from multiple characters already. Heck, the only move that would be even remotely good is that musket. >_>
Which is why Kaptain K. Rool must be the one. =o)

Boosters, a blunderbuss that fires more types of shells than Gene Starwind uses in one episode of Outlaw Star, and the ability to turn invisible. Lets not forget that vicious weapon smash. I was surprised they didn't take out that move in DKC 2. It was too savage for children eyes. Oh, and if Kaptain Rool wishes to jump, he more than likely can while in his Captain gear.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
it's not just a jump. just look at how it's used. it would probably work in a similar way to bowsers down b or dedede's up b. he jumps, which springs him into the air, then after the height of the jump, goes down and slams on the ground with his feet. its a perfectly usable move in smash

gigasteve

Smash Ace
Why can't Ridley have good support like this??? I do think it's time for K. Rool to make a comeback.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Ridley had much better support until his fans went nuts. =[

And of course the move is usable, since it's been done three times already. (And twice by reptiles no less)

And the helipack wouldn't work under the cape nor would it work well in a different place. It's a helipack. And K. Rool doesn't have enough importance. He's not what makes the DK franchise sell either. (Isn't it behind Metroid?) He's really just a generic end boss to fill the status quo, and really shouldn't be put in because of that. Until he actually becomes something noteworthy, instead of a copy of Bowser from the Super Show, he's just utterly generic.

Top Bottom