• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Not coming. Sick as hell. Although I'm thinking of getting Lawrence together on Thursday. I'll keep you guys posted.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Soooooo I'm thinking about maybe taking classes at JCCC. Anyone know if they have a game design program or if its any good? Figured I'd ask gamers first and see. Thanks in advance.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
domo doin work too

edit: and now i just read Domo finished off what MJ started with havok lol..
good ****, rep Kansas

Dnyce

Smash Master
MJG- Congrats dude. Way to take out the #1 seed. +rep to the midwest.
Lol... the #1 seed hasn't even played a match yet... what are you talking about....

Anyway, MJ lost to gnes in winners bracket and then ***** CO18... and by ***** I mean 6-7 minutes passed before both MJ and CO lost their first stocks =]

He advanced to the championship bracket.

Dnyce

Smash Master
First seed is in the championship bracket... you know... the people who got an 8 round bye? lol.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
the open bracket had havok at 1. obviously it meant the #1 not auto put into the champion bracket. so technically he was still 1st seed :V in open bracket of course

DeLux

All technicalities aside, I'm picking up Toon Link as of now.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
CANCELLATION: Driving to Hawaii tonight for some R&R. Y'all just had a gigantic tournament anyway, so get caught up with your school.

Edit: the actual reason is because
you're not going to bring your wii anyway

Smash Lord
CANCELLATION: Driving to Hawaii tonight for some R&R. Y'all just had a gigantic tournament anyway, so get caught up with your school.

Edit: the actual reason is because
you're not going to bring your wii anyway
WTF I was gonna bring a wii today.

EDIT: Driving to hawaii? If you hit a dead end and still feel like hosting, say something.

DeLux

Lies and slanders, sir.

I've brought my wii the last 3 times I've come

Now how am I supposed to practice my TL?

Smash Lord
Playing TL is just like using MK...jump around..use ur B button..profit..
cept dont dair
There's a bit more to it than that. In all honestly though, there's a crapton of technical stuff/AT's with toon link. There's a lot you can practice on your own, kind of like ICs.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228712
There's enough here that I honestly couldn't all read it in an hour, let alone practice it all.

DeLux

I don't use B for special. That's mah grab

And when I saw that thread, I nearly crapped myself. TL for God tier of techs.

Smash Lord
I don't use B for special. That's mah grab

And when I saw that thread, I nearly crapped myself. TL for God tier of techs.
It's probably not too bad. Hell if you can play IC's, learning to play toon link should be decently manageable. The IC's chaingrab in and of itself is a desync and the fact that you have to memorize somewhere between 12 and 40 different timings means that you have the ability to catch on to ATs. A lot of TL's are hardly used at all and a lot of them are fairly easy anyway.

You should try and see if you can make a run out to K-state. I'm pretty sure MJG would probably be happy to teach you, especially since, no one else out there plays.

DeLux

You should try and see if you can make a run out to K-state. I'm pretty sure MJG would probably be happy to teach you, especially since, no one else out there plays.
I should go to Manhattan just to reclaim the IC swagger from MJ "the IC slayer" G

RIP everyone else that lost

DeLux

Oh I can do all of them. That won't be an issue. Learning application for everything in specific matchups will be a different story.

Smash Lord
Bring setups tomorrow. My brother's getting grounded from the computer because my dad hates anything to do with video games or computers and doesn't recognize any benefits that come from it. I'm probably going to be leaving my setup at home so don't count on me bringing mine.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Confirmation: Smash at my house 12611 W. 81st Terrace from 5:30pm until 11pm.

I feel headache terrible right now. Let's make a deal: Yall can play smash in my room on the condition that you must [attempt to] tolerate my johns. I'll try to be moderate about it.

Smash Lord
btw dont come, noone is coming anyway (other then quote who i cannot reach)
Hmm, funny. Just woke up from a fairly lengthy nap a few minutes ago. I appreciate it.

Me and MJG have the whole next week off. Plan ahead guys. Pretty much the only time that I won't be availible is Thanksgiving. A Wii setup is confirmed for whenever you guys feel like doing stuff.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Ah! I've had my tea now and I feel great! Sure, I'll let you through.

Smash today my house Monday 12611 W. 81st Terrace Lenexa ks 66215 5:30pm-11:00pm

LET'S PLAY SOME SMASH OMG I haven't in forever. Bring setups.

Top Bottom