• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City Area Brawl Thread

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
At this time I cannot say much about any possibility of another tournament happening at JCCC. It only ever was a two-year community college and most of us who had any influence in the game club there have moved on. :( The only ones with the potential to re-grab the power reigns are Garrett/DuckerSmash3 and Artikfox and they're understandably disinterested in rejoining.

I'll dig around more and possibly even try to contact the people currently in charge of GIG and see if a tourament is possible. As of this time I fear KC has lost its best venue :(

Dnyce

Smash Master
There's still TAS, hopefully that venue turns out good. I'll be meating the manager tomorrow to make sure every thing is a go. only 2 weeks away =D

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Confirmation: Smash of all 3 games played (Brawl Emphasized) at my house 12611 W. 81st Terrace tonight 5:30-11:00.

BRING SETUPS

Those willing to step up their game and play something pr0 shoud consider co-op Tetris with me.

I just re-stocked on soda and juice, and would appreciate a buck or something (snacks!) from those who like to drink in order to help pay for this.

WTS Gamecube controller new in box (It is shaped exactly like Nintendo gamecube controllers, made with used molds, but it's an el cheapo non-liscenced controller) $15 - I have one that's opened to see what they're like but it's most likely going to be sold in an ebay auction with the rest of the stuff obtained recently.

Also potentially selling Mario Kart Double Dash, Paper Mario, Mario Sunshine. Have to talk to my brother first before parting with them.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Confirmation: Smash of all 3 games played (Brawl Emphasized) at my house 12611 W. 81st Terrace tonight 5:30-11:00.

BRING SETUPS

Those willing to step up their game and play something pr0 shoud consider co-op Tetris with me.

I just re-stocked on soda and juice, and would appreciate a buck or something (snacks!) from those who like to drink in order to help pay for this.

WTS Gamecube controller new in box (It is shaped exactly like Nintendo gamecube controllers, made with used molds, but it's an el cheapo non-liscenced controller) $15 - I have one that's opened to see what they're like but it's most likely going to be sold in an ebay auction with the rest of the stuff obtained recently.

Also potentially selling Mario Kart Double Dash, Paper Mario, Mario Sunshine. Have to talk to my brother first before parting with them.
I'll bring a couple bucks, cause I know I usually take at least 1 drink when I'm there ^^;

Also, I would be down for tetris. I made Mr. Doom (name search :3) and a few other wichita smashers rage quit the game =D

I might be interested in the controller, but is it third party? :(

I will be bringing my wii for recorded matches (with minimal textures, thank goodness).

Smash Lord

BRING SETUPS

Sorry if this is a bit late, but I have to take the day off. I honestly feel really crappy. Did a ton of running yesterday (4-8 miles) and the day before winding up my mind for about a continuous 12 hours and hardly eating anything at all. Physically and mentally drained right now. After class got out for me, I've been sleeping ever since. Don't expect a setup from me this week.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Good Games everyone. Didn't have my A game today, but oh well it happens.

*fastfalls off a cliff and misses the C4

I'll be having Brawl at my place in Lawrence tomorrow if anyone wants to come play. It's a small apartment, but I have two reasonably large tv's to play with and one Wii. If someone can bring another set up, we could get two going.

One TV is MLG approved ;)

PM me for contact info etc.

Smash Lord
I'm seriously about to kill myself because of fox news right now. If hear the word communist one more time I think I might need to organize a mass violent protest against the news station.

EDIT: really tired of hearing gold commercials too.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman

BRING SETUPS FOR BRAWL I have gamecubes covered.

I believe there has been a mix-up at some point and someone brought home the wrong wires. There is a 3-system ps2/gcn/xbox gold connections component cable that I didn't previously own (this is a very nice/expensive cable btw) and I am missing the A/V cable (RCA type) for a Sega Saturn.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Confirmation: Smash (mostly brawl) At my house 5:30pm-11:00pm 12611 W. 81st Terrace.

BRING WII

Nobody posted since last week? Good job guys, especially when there were people at that tournament who were curious about our monday smashfests. Well hopefully they will find this thread.

Whoever left the grey wavebird controller with a battery acid leak, thanks for at least leaving it on the corrosion-resistant steel table.

Caution: I had bad diarrhea yesterday which may or may not be contagious. Wash your hands.

DeLux

I'm hosting tomorrow night at my tiny *** apartment in Lawrence. So far I got 3 buddies in. A few of you mentioned you wanted to join last night. It'll be from 8pm to whenever we get bored of playing, so probably around midnight. Call me if you want in [(seven 1 for) nine oh sicks - 6 five ate to]

DeLux

Because it's (awesome)

Successful fest in Lawrence today. 5 people. Gotta start somewhere.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
So i doubt i'm going to be able to make it today. Too much stuff going on right now and school work = no smash for me this week. :/

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Confirmation: Smash at my house 12611 w. 81st Terrace at 5:30pm-11:00pm tonight. Bring wii's.

Wear deodorant, there's a girl coming.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I don't think I've ever enjoyed teams that much before, finally feel like I broke some barriers :)

DeLux

Lawrence is hosting tomorrow night. Depending how many people we get will determine between one of two locations. Let me know by text or pm if you're coming asap. I have access to a bigger venue that isn't my apartment. I just want a head count first :)

Update: We had 8 people filter in and out throughout the night.

Notes: Everyone is Lawrence is scared of Fino. Except me. 3 stocks or not.

Nicole

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282672

hey friends! this is pretty close to you guys. i'm generating hype for it. we have the best from the midwest west coming, along with lain, atomsk, and even eggz all the way from the west coast. housing is free and at the venue, and the party afterwards will be legendary. Don't miss it!

i know it looks like a bawrl tournament currently, but we just recently decided to make it a dual event for brawl and melee, so you guys should come for the melee tournament and the party afterwards! it's gonna ****!

Ares

Smash Journeyman
Most people in this thread play brawl Nicole and im pretty sure of planning to come :) ..the Kansas City / Lawrence thread is the melee thread

DeLux

Who is going to Kahoka and who wants to give me a ride?

Dnyce

Smash Master
Does anyone want to play today? I don't really have much else goin on, so just text me or somethin.

DeLux

Does anyone want to play today? I don't really have much else goin on, so just text me or somethin.
text me next time about playing. I did silly things tonight like sports that I could have skipped to work on my game.

Smash Lord
text me next time about playing. I did silly things tonight like sports that I could have skipped to work on my game.
Do the same for me please. I'll give out my number the next time I see you guys.

I'm itching to play some 64. Apparently St. Louis has a tournament the day before Thanksgiving and I'm thinking about going to it. I might show up early on tomorrow, but I can't stay too long unless I decide to just not get my homework done.

EDIT: Ugh, so much for that homework.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Confirmation: Smash at my house at the usual time Mon 5:30-11pm

My address is 12611 W. 81st Terrace in Lenexa, that's also same as before.

Top Bottom