• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kahoka Me Your Moves!---MW-W Circuit Event #3---May 1-3; Kahoka, MO

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Seriously guys? There are 3 top level smashers, some of the best in the entire Midwest, abandoned only a few hours away from the venue after getting into a car accident... and nobody is willing to help them out? Instead, a MI smasher is going to have to drive 12+ hours just to pick them up and come back without even attending the tournament at all.

This is just ridiculous.
Sorry Panda, but me and everyone else at this event took offense when you posted this, and I reckon it's better for me to post what was discussed at the venue rather than have a bunch of people grumble about it.

When ASC told us about MI's situation, we had MULTIPLE PEOPLE step up ready to drive to Illinois and get them. Special mention goes to Jordan, who was the first to volunteer I think and was going out the door. We had at least 3 people willing to drive and more willing to go with them to keep them company. Keep in mind that this was a pretty late-starting event; most people had just got there after long drives of their own, especially Kansas, and yet they are still willing to go get MI players. However, then ASC mentioned that they were over 4 hours away.

"Wait... what?"

It was extremely late when this discussion happened, and none of us were in any condition to drive 8+ hours there and back. You can't honestly be disappointed in our inability to do this. You need to keep in mind that all of us had our own long drives; the Midwest is not a small place, and Kahoka was not an easy place to get to for pretty much anyone. Be aware that people were still willing go get them until it was clarified that it was over 4 hours not total but both ways.

To act like we didn't care or try is simply disrespectful. You sound like you think we were just sitting around playing friendlies "Meh... I don't want to get them... you want to get them?" In reality that was not the attitude at all. We were all trying to figure out a way to help them, thinking of someone we could call or some way one of us could actually get to them. The situation sucked, and we were doing what little we could.

If we had been called even an hour earlier, it might have been possible. If this has happened a few hours earlier, there would have been plenty of people able and willing to make the trip.

On top of all this, we end up delaying the tourney just for these 3 Michigan players.

You have to understand, we didn't start singles brackets until 8:20 PM because we were willing to go out of our way to get these top players into the tourney. Singles brackets for 50+ people regional tourneys should not start at 8:20 PM, this was a non-trivial sacrifice. (We were fortunate that brackets as a whole ran very fast and efficiently.)

I'm sorry if you find our inability to unexpectedly drive 8+ hours after midnight after arriving at a venue "extremely disappointing". I don't want to start another regional dispute, but that attitude is ridiculous when many people refuse to drive themselves that far for a smash tourney, much less drive that much extra at 1am after already driving several hours themselves. (Note: Not talking about anyone in particular here, much less you Panda. No one take this personally.)

......did I mention the part about driving 8+ hours at 1am?

Edit: I only now noticed that Panda posted this at seven-something PM. WTF? Why was I not aware of the situation sooner, and why was the discussion on it so late? If I had been told earlier, I could have been able to make the trip... I don't think anyone told me about this until Stealth Raptor got there. Arg, I'm so annoyed right now.

Shoutouts later, after results.

Results off the top of my head: (Could be wrong)

1. Anther
2. Affinity
3. Joker
4. Domo
5. Judge
5. ASC
7. Holms
7. Zeton
9. KY
9. Lain
9. Zash
9. ???
13. Hilt
13. ???
13. ???
13. ???
17. Thinkaman
17. Stealth Raptor
17. Legan
17. Amazing Ampharos
17. ???

I should know more of these, since I wrote up the character list at the tourney, but man I'm too tired for this.

FYI, as a preview of what's to come... Only Yoshi and Lucas were unused at this tourney. Falcon, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Samus, and Sonic were the only other characters not used in brackets. Additionally, only Mario and Bowser did not have anyone maining them, despite being played some by certain players.

Roster Usage:
34/36 Used Total
28/36 Used In Brackets
26/36 Player Mains

Unbiased MK statistics:
0% of the top 1 used MK
50% of the top 2 used MK
50% of the top 4 used MK
37% of the top 8 used MK
25% of the top 16 used MK
~15% of the total tourney entrants used MK

gantrain05

Smash Master
very nice tournament all in all, it went pretty smooth with the exception of the michigan accident, gj andrew.

shoutouts?

Joker - good **** man, i could tell you were a little lost on the first match with anther, but it looked like you figured it out pretty quick, and aside from a few SD's you guys had some very nice matches and was very impressed with how you played him, maybe next time =P

Peeks - dude again, im sorry, we just seem to ALWAYS be in the same bracket. on a positive note the G&W matchup isn't bad at all anymore thx to you and jordan and skizm and bone and ampharos and nicole and on and on and on....really too many Gdubs lol.

Ripple - good **** man, i really didn't know what to expect from you, all i knew was you are amazing and you proved it, i'll get you next time tho.

Mr. DOOM - intense matches, your ike is scary ****, i didn't know what to do so i just Fair spammed all day long, i guess it didn't do too bad but it didn't get the job done, gg's man, look forward to some future matches.

Futurewrestler - im sorry, im a *******, i didn't know you hated olimar so much >.> i'll fight fair next time i promise, you got one sick mario tho man, keep reppin that ****.

Anther - oh mah god dude. i have never seen pikachu move like that before, we only played in a pools match but man, probably the funnest match i played all night, i hope i get the honor to play you again sometime soon.

Zash - good **** man, your shiek is getting really good, 9th place on your first circuit event is not too shabby, especially considering the amount of really good players that were there.

Legan - i don't care what anyone else says, you are THE link guy, you rep him like nobody else does and its always fun watching your matches.

more later, im going to sleep.

Scythe

Smash Master
I bet Arty $1 that Anther would win this tourney. Thx Anther! Good ****.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Everyone should know by now that MI just likes to ***** a lot. Part of their culture.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Ok, I'll try this shoutout thing.

Cook-Thanks for hosting this. This was the funnest tourney I've been too thus far. You're just balls crazy with that Olimar. I had fun with our friendlies and watching you do cartwheels :laugh:

Rest of MO- We never got to go highjumping. I'm pissed. And I'm NOT ****ING JOKING... :laugh:

Marty-It was alot of fun playing you. Your ROB was pretty good. You'll get better. I know it.
FORWARNING TO EVERYONE: DON'T COUNT HIM OUT.

Thinkaman- I am SO happy that there are others willing to rep and wreck with Falcon. Our matches were TOO epic. I'm so glad I got to test my falcon against the best.

Legan- I can't believe the Master Sword broke! **** that! I guess I'll have to wait another day to fight the rl link. Melee next time man.

Judge: I'm glad I got to fight you too. It's actually a good thing I didn't know your status of MK supremacy. I would have choked too hard to do anything, lol. Good to know how I go against the best MK in the Midwest. GGs.

Zeton- Your fox wrecks. I was honestly surprised. Excellent games, I HAVE to play you again sometime.

Iowa: I'm typing this with you guys around, so whatevs. Plus you guys know I love ya. Iowa sticks together :p

Everyone else- I'm having trouble remembering everyone else I played, and I'm pressed for time, but EVERYONE that I played I had a hell of a time. GGs everyone. This was realer than Team Real Team.
I'm not ****ing joking

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Panda, but me and everyone else at this event took offense when you posted this, and I reckon it's better for me to post what was discussed at the venue rather than have a bunch of people grumble about it.

When ASC told us about MI's situation, we had MULTIPLE PEOPLE step up ready to drive to Illinois and get them. Special mention goes to Jordan, who was the first to volunteer I think and was going out the door. We had at least 3 people willing to drive and more willing to go with them to keep them company. Keep in mind that this was a pretty late-starting event; most people had just got there after long drives of their own, especially Kansas, and yet they are still willing to go get MI players. However, then ASC mentioned that they were over 4 hours away.

"Wait... what?"

It was extremely late when this discussion happened, and none of us were in any condition to drive 8+ hours there and back. You can't honestly be disappointed in our inability to do this. You need to keep in mind that all of us had our own long drives; the Midwest is not a small place, and Kahoka was not an easy place to get to for pretty much anyone. Be aware that people were still willing go get them until it was clarified that it was over 4 hours not total but both ways.

To act like we didn't care or try is simply disrespectful. You sound like you think we were just sitting around playing friendlies "Meh... I don't want to get them... you want to get them?" In reality that was not the attitude at all. We were all trying to figure out a way to help them, thinking of someone we could call or some way one of us could actually get to them. The situation sucked, and we were doing what little we could.

If we had been called even an hour earlier, it might have been possible. If this has happened a few hours earlier, there would have been plenty of people able and willing to make the trip.

On top of all this, we end up delaying the tourney just for these 3 Michigan players.

You have to understand, we didn't start singles brackets until 8:20 PM because we were willing to go out of our way to get these top players into the tourney. Singles brackets for 50+ people regional tourneys should not start at 8:20 PM, this was a non-trivial sacrifice. (We were fortunate that brackets as a whole ran very fast and efficiently.)

I'm sorry if you find our inability to unexpectedly drive 8+ hours after midnight after arriving at a venue "extremely disappointing". I don't want to start another regional dispute, but that attitude is ridiculous when many people refuse to drive themselves that far for a smash tourney, much less drive that much extra at 1am after already driving several hours themselves. (Note: Not talking about anyone in particular here, much less you Panda. No one take this personally.)

this.

Edit: I only now noticed that Panda posted this at seven-something PM. WTF? Why was I not aware of the situation sooner, and why was the discussion on it so late? If I had been told earlier, I could have been able to make the trip... I don't think anyone told me about this until Stealth Raptor got there. Arg, I'm so annoyed right now.
i had no idea they needed a ride either. only thing i had heard was that they got into an accident but were still coming. we had no internet at the venue so we didn't see any of panda's posts. if i had known, i would have been out the door to pick them up.

shoutouts later.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
1. Anther
2. Affinity
3. Joker
4. Domo
5. Judge
5. ASC
7. Holms
7. Zeton
9. KY
9. Lain
9. Zash
9. ???
13. Hilt
13. Moe?
13. ???
13. ???
17. Thinkaman
17. Stealth Raptor
17. Legan
17. Amazing Ampharos
17. Jordan (ME)
33. level 9 snake

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
as i posted before i would have been more then willing to go pick them up if i had been coming from the other direction and not arrived at midnight. also as mentioned, the lack of internet at the venue contributed to it. dont blame us, i seriously was about to walk out the door at midnight, before realising that i wouldnt be able to pysically make that journey.

LOL where was the drama? the only drama i saw was put on by outside forces, other then the accident the tourney was run perfectly.

gantrain05

Smash Master
there was a bunch of recording going on, either being recorded by fino or ripple (ripple got all semi finals and up)
joker was also recording, he didn't record any finals, but there were quite a few matches recorded on his setup as well so those should be up within a week or so is the usual amount of time he takes to get em up on youtube.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Thinkaman speaks the TRUFE. I always appreciate you making a nice, long, summarized post of my thoughts for me, Kyle. It makes it easier for me so I don't have to do it myself. :p

GGs all, shoutouts later. Fun stuff.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I also volunteered to go get them before realizing that I wouldn't get back until 8 AM when brackets started at 10AM....

Great tournament, Shoutouts later....

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
What ever happen to crews o.0
Anyways hell of a tourney guys, shoutouts later.
Also I recorded some matches and will work on them this week >.0

Teh Future

Smash Master
Futurewrestler - im sorry, im a *******, i didn't know you hated olimar so much >.> i'll fight fair next time i promise, you got one sick mario tho man, keep reppin that ****.
lol no you do what you have to advance, if anything you should be **** talking about how I got mad when I lost.

I dont want to john but I got like the worst matchups possible :( luck of the draw I guess

Stealth there was some smash64 on friday night, but I didn't play long because it was on AScs laggy *** monitor

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
results:
1. jordan
2 to whatever: everyone else

these results are for drinking and vocal prowess. i rocked this tournament.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Guys, I believe I became Midwest's RIG (Random Ike Guy) after going to Kahoka.

Asc, your Olimar is scary, but I think I'll find a way around your grabs.

Anther, you made me realize why I hated Ash's Pikachu on Anime.

Lain, I don't know how long I would've lasted against your ICs if we played tournament matches.

I know I didn't get everyone, but it's like late at night, and my pelvis is about to split open from sitting down.

As far as the one scene that could've been avoided, yeah. Maybe I should go somewhere when you guys bring in the "juice." But other than that, I had a blast in Kahoka. Hope to do this again sometime. :)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
so i remember talking to jordan when he was drunk, and he sounded just the same! so now i am left to ponder. is jordan not affected? is he always drunk? IS HE AN ALIEN?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero

"Wait... what?"

Indeed, this issue was posted earlier than you're making it out to be. But hearing your side of the story, I apologize for what I said and thank you for holding up the tournament for them. I was just frustrated at the time that I wasn't personally able to help them out and I couldn't find a single person to go out there. Thank god Yes is such a pimp.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Really it was a matter of poor timing more than anything. No internet at the venue meant a lack of communication that prevented anyone from finding out in time.

Actually, the first time I heard about it was about 12:30 when Stealth and ASC mentioned to me that some guys in Illinois were looking for a ride because theirs backed out. I assumed it was just some random people that were an hour or so away. About five minutes later, they were talking to someone else and I realized that I had misunderstood completely and it was Michigan players who had a car wreck. (And then the whole people volunteering and four-hour-confusion came up.) I guess I'm just bitter because more information would have let us get them sooner and run a faster tourney, and you guys had no way of getting that information to us.

Doesn't matter too much though, because in the end they made it and a good time was had by all.

supergamer001

Smash Ace
So that guy with the laptop that had Tio on it finally arrived home to Wichita and here's the results.

Doubles

1: Team Bleach (Domo and KY) Meta & Pit
2: Bob Ross and His Happy Trees (Affinity and The Real Inferno) Meta & ROB/DDD
3: Rapid Royale (Clel & Zeton) Meta & Fox
4: Why So Serious (Razor and Joker) Meta & Snake
5: Team Real Team (Kit and Jordan) Wario & G&W
5: LucaX (Triple R and Amanze) Kirby & Pit
7: Team Care Bears (Ripple and Stealth) DK & Pikachu
7: Team We Play the Same Characters as "Team Team We Ain't Datin' Ain't Nothin' ta **** Wit'" But We Place Higher (Fino and Ampharos) Olimar & G&W
9: Bombs, Hoes, and Marshmallows (Legan and Thinkaman) Link & Jiggz (LOLWTF)
9: Team We're Showing a Lot of Chest (ASC and Nicole) Olimar & Peach
9: Sherlock Doom (Mr. Doom and Holms) Ike/Falco & Wolf/ZSS
9: Yoshimi (Deepak and Yoshii) Meta & Meta
13: We <3 ***** (Xisin and Mr. Eric)
13: Charizard Approves of this Team (Neomagic and Moe)
13: Jack Hammer Astroscissors (Zash & Peeks)
13: Cloak and Dagger (Zyklon and CTX)
17: The Backstreet Bros (Martin and JLO)
17: i kno rite (Metalmusicman and Futurewrestler)
17: Rice and Beans (Bone and Blank)
17: The Mothership Connection (Hilt and Crash)

Singles

1: Anther (Pikachu)
2: Affinity (Meta Knight)
3: Joker (Snake)
4: Domo (Meta Knight)
5: Judge (Meta Knight)
5: ASC (Olimar)
7: Lain (ICs/DDD)
7: Zeton (Fox)
9: Holms (Kirby/ZSS)
9: Xisin (Marth)
9: Zash (Shiek/Zelda/ICs)
9: MOE (Meta Knight/Wario)
13: Ripple (DK)
13: Hilt (Olimar)
13: Blank (Diddy/Kirby)
13: KY (Pit)
17: Deepak (Falco)
17: NeoMagic (Ness/Meta Knight)
17: Razor (Meta Knight)
17: Thinkaman (Jigglypuff)
17: AmazingAmpharos (G&W)
17: Surjan (Diddy)
17: Mr. Doom (Ike)
17: Jordan (G&W)
25: Stealth (Pikachu)
25: Tactical (Lucario)
25: Fino (Olimar)
25: The Real Inferno (Meta Knight/ROB/G&W/DDD)
25: Futurewrestler (ICs/ROB/Mario/Diddy)
25: Legan (Link)
25: JLO (Peach)
25: Yoshii (Meta Knight)
33: MetalMusicMan (Meta Knight/DDD)
33: Triple R
33: Bone (ROB)
33: Crash (Luigi)
33: Kit (Wario)
33: Level 9 Snake (???)
33: Nicole (Peach)
33: CTX (Marth)
33: Mduo
33: Mister Eric (ROB)
33: Supergamer (Lucario)
33: YES!
33: Steeler (Not Ivysuar)
33: Peeks
33: Clel
33: Nyus
49: Kudou
49: Zyklon
49: Excel (Fox/Falco)
49: Good Ol' Marty
49: Amanze

You can thank Thinkaman for all of that typing of the mains for singles.

Legan Lain Nicole Anther Judge and anyone else with us for the after party you guys are amazing especially when drunk :)

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend
You could cut ties with all the lies that you've been living in
And if you do not want to see me again I would understand
I would understand
The angry boy a bit too insane
Icing over a secret pain
You know you dont belong
You're the first to fight
You're way too loud
You're the flash of light on a burial shroud