• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Even though the Ballot ends soon I'm not sure I believe we will get any official word or "results" about it during that time.
I wouldn't be so sure. Seems like Sakurai and his team have still been working on Smash. They've been making stages, costumes etc.

With all the time they've had the past couple of months, it's probably safe to assume they've started on some of the next DLC fighters. Assuming we're getting 3-4 more fighters, it's probably a safe bet that they have an idea whose going to be put in, and perhaps started on 1-2 of them.

I think we'll hear something once the ballot is over, whether it's a character reveal or some sort of teaser.

D

Deleted member

So, I was thinking: What if there was a Donkey Kong Country game where you went through time? Think about it: It could be about K.Rool gaining/building something that lets him travel through time, and he teams up with his ancestors to defeat DK once and for all. At the end of the stages, you'd fight one of his ancestors, like prehistoric could be the K.Rex, Medieval could be K.Night, and future could be K.Rome)
I'm just saying, it'd be a cool idea.
As a Chrono Trigger fan, i want this idea to be intergrated right now in a DKC game.

Possible names:
DKC: Kongs in Time
Who Kong Country
DKC:Back to the New Generation (future was already taken)
DKC Trigger

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
So, I was thinking: What if there was a Donkey Kong Country game where you went through time? Think about it: It could be about K.Rool gaining/building something that lets him travel through time, and he teams up with his ancestors to defeat DK once and for all. At the end of the stages, you'd fight one of his ancestors, like prehistoric could be the K.Rex, Medieval could be K.Night, and future could be K.Rome)
I'm just saying, it'd be a cool idea.
Donkey Kong Generations. That's all I got.

D

Deleted member

upload_2015-9-22_20-15-23.png
man i wish i was here when this thread used to be active, we had so much to talk about.
I'd...actually be cool with that. PLEASE, no one try to kill me but....I actually support Dixie Kong just a TAD more than King K. Rool for Smash. So...I'd be pretty darn hyped.
relax most of us aren't aggressive.

InsaneStar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Johan7
3DS FC
2492-4240-2632
As a Chrono Trigger fan, i want this idea to be intergrated right now in a DKC game.

Possible names:
DKC: Kongs in Time
Who Kong Country
DKC:Back to the New Generation (future was already taken)
DKC Trigger
I've thought of a DKC game time travel plot many pages back.

Sounds like a time travel plot if there's a new DKC game like that. DK (or his friends) goes in different time periods like the past and future and fight different K. Rools (maybe ancestors or decendants?) depending on the theme and time where they fight.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/super-...ht-runbow-and-more-dlc-possibly-leaked-477203

Someone actually had to make an article on this...

SOMEONE HAD TO MAKE AN ARTICLE ON THIS:facepalm:
Corn = this article

this image ruins the leak completely

The font is wrong (at least it looks like it) and shovel knight is listed twice.
Yep 2 shovel knight games is the give away (if it was true the other one below would be the new shovel knight game.)

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Could make some stupid sense out of this: K. Rool steals Xananab's technology to travel in space and conquer other planets less infested with primates.Years pass, the Kremlings become a conquering militaristic race in the Starfox universe led by the succesor Klingon K. Rool.
Inb4 a cocodrilian character appears in SF0... :troll:

I wouldn't mind as seeing mammals and birds only can be tiring. But It would be amusing.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Inb4 a cocodrilian character appears in SF0... :troll:

I wouldn't mind as seeing mammals and birds only can be tiring. But It would be amusing.

The natives of Venom that Andross conscripted into his army are all lizards like Caimen here. No problems.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

Somewhat final stretch!

...Hoo boy. Nothing like a deadline to get your butt in gear!
Your eyes are probably glazing over trying to figure what I'm doing here. But I promise it make sense to me!

• To the right: Blunderbuss, propeller pack, DK Coins (from KoS), Crystal Banana (Climber), Scepter (Sluggers) and of course the long omitted tail on the Kritter! (Adding a flap of K Rool cape to this side too.)
  • Foreground: Large table with a set of mad plans and nick-nacks, including a model of Rare-era DK Isle with black "K-flag" from DKC3. A mini model of the Blast-O-Matic (underneath the "Rool") jutting into the picture. Partially obscure to the left is K.Rool jet barrel from Barrel Blast/Jet Race....... and a DK amiibo on it's side discarded like a chess piece. (Subtlety!)
  • Background: Kalypso is the one holding the "Smash" sign. Kass will be just below here holding a flag saying "KrocTheVote" while Kip blows a party whistle. Entertaining the idea of putting Crocodile Isle in the background (above K. Rool's crown). Scene was originally gonna be infinite blackness...not so sure now. Hmm...How total to make this victory...* And of course more bananars in the background. Won't be super-detailed but enough to get the image across.
  • Left side: K. Rool's trophies from past Smashes. Bongos from Donkey Konga and a Gameboy. (And the Crystal Coconut from the TV show... :p )
....Right back to work for me! See you soon, kiddies!

Edit: *OH YEAH. Forgot how grim it looks. (DKC2 was never my jam tbh)
Let's make it a homecoming party!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I was imagining a hypothetical reveal of K. Rool yesterday. It featured Sakurai talking about how he was impressed by how devoted the fans were, how he didn't want to ignore that kind of support, that he had fun designing the character and that he was going to release K. Rool a few months from now because he wants to make good the King's potential.

It was a good dream. :3

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I was imagining a hypothetical reveal of K. Rool yesterday. It featured Sakurai talking about how he was impressed by how devoted the fans were, how he didn't want to ignore that kind of support, that he had fun designing the character and that he was going to release K. Rool a few months from now because he wants to make good the King's potential.

It was a good dream. :3
Hey, you never know. Good dreams could turn into hype realities.

They should just do an entire smash bros game dedicated to K.Rool
SUPER SMASH B.ROOTHERS
Roster
KING K ROOL
KAPTAIN K ROOL
BAROON K. ROOLESTEIN
BOXER K.ROOL
SNOW MAD ROOL
TIKI K.ROOL
KING K. TOOL
COUNT K. RACOOLA
KING K. ROY
DAR K. ROOL
CH.ROOLM
DR. ROOL
K. ROOL MAN
BANDANNA K. ROOL
WAK.ROOL
NEON K.ROOL
K.ROOL ON A BUS
K.ROOL WITH A STAND
Still no Dixie
PAPER K.ROOL
TOON K.ROOL
HYPER REALISTIC K.ROOL
and so on and so on.
0/10 No Dark K. Rool
It's sad to see Konami go so soon. :crying:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman

Somewhat final stretch!

Your eyes are probably glazing over trying to figure what I'm doing here. But I promise it make sense to me!

• To the right: Blunderbuss, propeller pack, DK Coins (from KoS), Crystal Banana (Climber), Scepter (Sluggers) and of course the long omitted tail on the Kritter! (Adding a flap of K Rool cape to this side too.)
  • Foreground: Large table with a set of mad plans and nick-nacks, including a model of Rare-era DK Isle with black "K-flag" from DKC3. A mini model of the Blast-O-Matic (underneath the "Rool") jutting into the picture. Partially obscure to the left is K.Rool jet barrel from Barrel Blast/Jet Race....... and a DK amiibo on it's side discarded like a chess piece. (Subtlety!)
  • Background: Kalypso is the one holding the "Smash" sign. Kass will be just below here holding a flag saying "KrocTheVote" while Kip blows a party whistle. Entertaining the idea of putting Crocodile Isle in the background (above K. Rool's crown). Scene was originally gonna be infinite blackness...not so sure now. Hmm...How total to make this victory...* And of course more bananars in the background. Won't be super-detailed but enough to get the image across.
  • Left side: K. Rool's trophies from past Smashes. Bongos from Donkey Konga and a Gameboy. (And the Crystal Coconut from the TV show... :p )

That is freaking amazing man!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
We have exactly a week until the deadline hits for a hype reveal. Meaning really that we have six days to hear about a direct. That said, we have ten days left until the ballot closes. I already posted my final vote a while back, so I'm at peace.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Somewhat final stretch!

Oh wow, seriously, wow. K. Rool's expression here just pulls everything together so well - it really makes the image, and you've captured his essence perfectly. Big thumbs-up from me! :grin:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
am i the only one who think that september 30 is more important ( for smash bros dlc ) than october 3 ?!..
don't know why anyone here is more hype about october 3..i know the ballot will end , but the patch is coming september 30. not sure they will reveal anything on the 3.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
am i the only one who think that september 30 is more important ( for smash bros dlc ) than october 3 ?!..
don't know why anyone here is more hype about october 3..i know the ballot will end , but the patch is coming september 30. not sure they will reveal anything on the 3.
I Think there will definitely be more dlc than we know of coming on the 30th. Even if we don't get a new character, I think we will get another level and maybe more miioutfits. We never just got only one level,when we got Dream Land 64 we got Suzaku Castle, when we got Peachs Castle 64 we also got Hyrule Castle 64, so I'm fairly certain we will get at least another level with the Mario Maker level (and maybe more mii outfits and a character or two).

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
I Think there will definitely be more dlc than we know of coming on the 30th. Even if we don't get a new character, I think we will get another level and maybe more miioutfits. We never just got only one level,when we got Dream Land 64 we got Suzaku Castle, when we got Peachs Castle 64 we also got Hyrule Castle 64, so I'm fairly certain we will get at least another level with the Mario Maker level (and maybe more mii outfits and a character or two).
and we got lucas/roy/ruy with dream land 64/suzaku castle and miiverse ...mii costume.
and we got tournament mode, with peach castle 64/ hyrule castle ....mii costume.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
and we got lucas/roy/ruy with dream land 64/suzaku castle and miiverse ...mii costume.
and we got tournament mode, with peach castle 64/ hyrule castle ....mii costume.
That's actually one of the things that was so disappointing about the last update - we knew tourneys and the two stages were coming, so the only bonus we got was a set of Mii outfits. Royu were (supposed to be) a surprise since we were only expecting Lucas

Makes me think that we may get something besides Mii outfits. We didn't get anything huge and unplanned last time, and they had time to be making other things. If we only get the SMM stage and a bunch of other Miis, I'd be a bit disappointed...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's actually one of the things that was so disappointing about the last update - we knew tourneys and the two stages were coming, so the only bonus we got was a set of Mii outfits. Royu were (supposed to be) a surprise since we were only expecting Lucas

Makes me think that we may get something besides Mii outfits. We didn't get anything huge and unplanned last time, and they had time to be making other things. If we only get the SMM stage and a bunch of other Miis, I'd be a bit disappointed...
I'm positive at the very least we've got two stages due to the layout and due to SMM being "stage_5." In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they originally didn't intend on showing Super Mario Maker first, but they needed a live event to show the next character/stage which got pushed back.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
I'm positive at the very least we've got two stages due to the layout and due to SMM being "stage_5." In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they originally didn't intend on showing Super Mario Maker first, but they needed a live event to show the next character/stage which got pushed back.
where is the first place where the mario maker level was reveal?

Last edited:

Somewhat final stretch!

I can't see the image for some reason.... :(

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
http://www.dispatchtimes.com/star-fox-zero-delayed-to-2016/94122/

Key quote:

"Were you hoping to pick up Star Fox Zero this year for the Wii U? As the story goes King K. Rool has nabbed all of the crystal bananas so it’s up to DK along with Diddy plus a few Kong cameos in order to help a banana from another dimension imaginatively named Xananab."

This is massive guys. With his upcoming boss appearance in Star Fox Zero his return to the franchise is all but confirmed. Let's give ourselves a pat on the back. Why add Wolf to Smash to advertise the game when you can add King K. Rool?

(Disclaimer: This is a website who've messed up their description and gave that for DK: Jungle Climber instead. King K. Rool is not in Star Fox Zero)
ah yes, "he," truly the most reputable source of Nintendo news

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Would a counter be appropriate for K Rool? Also friday is amiibo day!
I've once imagined a moveset using his invisiblity abilities from DKC2 and DK64 as his down special, being usable as a movement option, and having a generic counter for custom. But beyond that, I'd rather not see K. Rool use a counter as a move, and I'm not sure invisibility is actually a good idea for a K. Rool moveset - Greninja already uses it in a creative way.

And besides, I'm of the opinion that we have too many counters; almost 20% of the SSB4 cast has a counter as default down B, so I'd rather not see more. In fact, I'd be down to see some counters dropped in SSB5 for brand new moves.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
In fact, I'd be down to see some counters dropped in SSB5 for brand new moves.
Aw, but it's always so much fun watching someone stand there and spam their counter repeatedly when you're charging a really easily-avoided move and then easily KO them with it. :laugh:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Would a counter be appropriate for K Rool? Also friday is amiibo day!
Considering that how much the Kampaign has focused on promoting his uniqueness, that is probably the last thing we want.

:231:

Last edited:
And besides, I'm of the opinion that we have too many counters; almost 20% of the SSB4 cast has a counter as default down B, so I'd rather not see more. In fact, I'd be down to see some counters dropped in SSB5 for brand new moves.
This.

At least Lucario's counter could be dropped in favor of Bone Rush or some other move.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Aw, but it's always so much fun watching someone stand there and spam their counter repeatedly when you're charging a really easily-avoided move and then easily KO them with it. :laugh:
Yeah of course I'm not asking for all counters to be dropped. By completely replacing some counters and only keeping them for a select few characters it'd make them more unique and less boring. Personally I'd see Marth, Little Mac, Greninja and Shulk keeping their current down B counters, but for the other character I'd like to see other moves, though I won't detail it here because I don't want to go too much off-topic. Maybe I'll post my new moves ideas in the general character discussion thread.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Croc fact of the day #3: Indian mugger crocodiles and American alligators are the only living reptiles known to use tools. They pile twigs on their snouts and wait for birds to try to snatch them for nest building purposes. It's interesting to note that the number of crocs utilizing this tactic increases exponentially during spring, i.e., most birds' mating season, which shows a pretty solid amount of learning and experience and whatnot.

D

Deleted member

Now guys i want to tell you something that happened today while i was on school.

You may not know this, but i bring my 3DS and my copy of Smash Bros with it every day i go to shcool to pass time during lunch break. Something interesing happened......
There was a classmate of mine that approached me who knew about Smash Bros and i decided to talk with him.

I found out 3 things about him:
1.He surprisingly didn't knew anything about Shovel Knight (he didn't even know SK existed until i told him) i even made a quick sketch of SK and showed it to him and he still was confused.
2.I asked him about Isaac from Golden Sun, he told me that he knew about him and he even played Golden Sun a few years ago.
3.He knew about the Smash Ballot, but he hasn't voted for anyone yet.

Number 3 is the most important here since this is what i did.

I tried to convince him to Vote for K.Rool and i told him about his different personas and such. He seemed to agree on my idea of K.Rool on beign playable. I don't know if he is gonna vote on K.Rool, but at least i tried. Better late than never i suppose.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Now guys i want to tell you something that happened today while i was on school.

You may not know this, but i bring my 3DS and my copy of Smash Bros with it every day i go to shcool to pass time during lunch break. Something interesing happened......
There was a classmate of mine that approached me who knew about Smash Bros and i decided to talk with him.

I found out 3 things about him:
1.He surprisingly didn't knew anything about Shovel Knight (he didn't even know SK existed until i told him) i even made a quick sketch of SK and showed it to him and he still was confused.
2.I asked him about Isaac from Golden Sun, he told me that he knew about him and he even played Golden Sun a few years ago.
3.He knew about the Smash Ballot, but he hasn't voted for anyone yet.

Number 3 is the most important here since this is what i did.

I tried to convince him to Vote for K.Rool and i told him about his different personas and such. He seemed to agree on my idea of K.Rool on beign playable. I don't know if he is gonna vote on K.Rool, but at least i tried. Better late than never i suppose.
If nothing else, you indoctrinated another support-free vagrant to the scaly reign of K. Rool.

Good on ya! ;3

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Croc fact of the day #3: Indian mugger crocodiles and American alligators are the only living reptiles known to use tools. They pile twigs on their snouts and wait for birds to try to snatch them for nest building purposes. It's interesting to note that the number of crocs utilizing this tactic increases exponentially during spring, i.e., most birds' mating season, which shows a pretty solid amount of learning and experience and whatnot.
That is actually really flippin' cool. Those clever, scheming crocodilians...sure sounds familiar, hah!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...K. Rool Thread?
Kutthroats?
What are you doin' guys? We haven't done anything for 3 hours!
Is there really nothing to talk about here? :drshrug:

Somewhat final stretch!

Awesome art, poyo! Keep it up! :4pacman:

Top Bottom