• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Cane Seven

Smash Cadet

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
What happened to Konami?
Konami is pretty much killing off the part that people liked about them, and are focusing on mobile games instead. Which means that Bomberman and Snake's chances have sunken almost as low as the likelihood of there ever being another Silent Hill.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Recently got into Smite and as a K Rool Fan I most defiantly will get this costume. Thanks to K Rool, I usually give a second look at reptilian characters in what ever game I play, This skin is for Sobek god of the Nile.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just made another vote for the king on my new computer. I shall make more votes soon on other devices.

Scorpob

Smash Cadet
NNID
Scorpob
3DS FC
5284-2304-0408
New Desktop background!

Anyways, I have a question for you all. How do you think the announcer will say K. Rool's name when he gets into smash? I hope it's good konsidering when he gets konfirmed i'll be hearing it a lot. Do you think he'll say KING K. Rool or just K. Rool?

Pakky

Smash Hero
I've once imagined a moveset using his invisiblity abilities from DKC2 and DK64 as his down special, being usable as a movement option, and having a generic counter for custom. But beyond that, I'd rather not see K. Rool use a counter as a move, and I'm not sure invisibility is actually a good idea for a K. Rool moveset - Greninja already uses it in a creative way.

And besides, I'm of the opinion that we have too many counters; almost 20% of the SSB4 cast has a counter as default down B, so I'd rather not see more. In fact, I'd be down to see some counters dropped in SSB5 for brand new moves.
I agree, there are far too many counters in Smash, to the point of it being almost lazy.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Anyways, I have a question for you all. How do you think the announcer will say K. Rool's name when he gets into smash? I hope it's good konsidering when he gets konfirmed i'll be hearing it a lot. Do you think he'll say KING K. Rool or just K. Rool?
K. Rool would be the wisest if they decide to go for the multiple costumes.
Once I thought that the reason could be that it shouldn't collide with the title of King Dedede. But we are talking about the game that has two Roys, so probably that wouldn't be a high concern.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is there anyway we can prove his costume was pre-ballot?

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
Is there anyway we can prove his costume was pre-ballot?
I know a while ago people called up some NoA customer service (I think it was that branch at least) and they said it didn't have anything to do with the ballot. Whether or not those in customer service would know about something like that is another story.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
No. We can't prove it. But it's a compelling alternative explanation to the remarkably unsupported idea that the Mii costume is a "consolation prize" for K. Rool fans. After all, community surveys suggest that K. Rool is the only Mii costume based on a character that has been popular in the ballot (other than Inklings). None of the other characters with Mii costumes (Chrom, Heihachi, Lloyd, etc.) appear to be popular ballot picks in the West/Japan nor are these characters well-known enough in pop-culture to argue that they have some casual contingent community surveys have not detected. I think you'd need to pass me the bong before I believe that.

In fact, some Mii costume choices actually point to the importance of the development for the vanilla game. Specifically, Heihachi and Chrom were apparently considered as characters for the original non-DLC roster. Chrom was also a popular fan choice in that period, just like (but not as much) as K. Rool apparently was.

The key point it that if the mii costumes were being used as consolation prizes for the fanbases, why haven't we seen any other characters popular in the ballot as Mii costume DLC? After all, most popular characters won't actually make it into the game. We have only seen K. Rool. And there exist a plausible explanation for K. Rool's inclusion before the ballot: he was already popular in 2011-2014, rivaling the popularity of characters that actually made it into the game.

Last edited:

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Hello all!
This is my first time posting on this thread, but I've been watching it for a while now. Just wanted to say that I finally got off my fat ass and actually managed to vote on a character for Smash.
I hope its not to late to show my support for the great King!

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Hello all!
This is my first time posting on this thread, but I've been watching it for a while now. Just wanted to say that I finally got off my fat *** and actually managed to vote on a character for Smash.
I hope its not to late to show my support for the great King!

Welcome aboard, kutthroat! It's never too late to hop aboard this vessel!

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
You should ask Logo12 Logo12 about that. He's the one responsible for picking up that data. Ask him about it. He loves encoding data.
WHO CALLED

...Oh, it's you master.

Sorry, BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 . Something about that data doesn't sit well. I rather get results from a SG official.
I'm not quite sure what exactly gives you this feeling, but at least I can tell you I have used real script and time to compile this. You can choose not to believe me or this result, but eh, I can give you my method.

For what may be making this poll a bit unbelievable, I'm thinking (you can skip this part if I'm just overthinking stuff for now)
  1. Inkling, Isaac, (and Ice Climber, Krystal etc) being much higher than expected on the list. I'm not sure, but when I first compiled the data, without the intention of collecting everyone, but just including category by category, I found them really high with a fewer number of 1 votes. Not that it really mattered much, but I'm just reporting as is.
  2. The first ranked is what I want. Well... about that, I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence. But for what happens really, I think there's some to make it less surprising, that while Wolf might not be everyone's "first choice", generally not many really would say no to have him return. This has been proven true when in the Bias RTC thread, somehow Wolf also went up as the most wanted (unless things has changed and I didn't even check yet). While K Rool is a contender, top or not, still there is some competition between stuff, and there might be those selfish guys like me who rated everyone else 1 if they "may take up their shoe-in's slot". Just saying, though leaned results may also happen like stated above, when one just gets so many people to rate 5 for their character and 1 everyone else (I'm not only meaning this to Krystal). To be fair, K Rool actually is the character with the highest 5 votes, if this means anything:
    upload_2015-9-24_18-9-52.png
    (Some odd ones are there, but that's not the main point)
    Anyways.
Or is it just me being unreliable, and even according to PushDustIn, he "heard someone telling him that I change data to fit my viewpoint". Not sure what happened but oh well.

And for the method, here's some code:
upload_2015-9-24_18-8-58.png

(Not all of them, of course, but these are like the main ones)

The first one is a javascript that takes, directly from the poll results, the character names and the results, then arranged in a order like this:
upload_2015-9-24_18-13-17.png

(The data is of course changed since I refreshed the page once)
...for easier input to the excel file.

Then next line basically sums up the number of votes. The code could have been simply "=SUM(E2:I2)", but I was too bored and added a dynamic poll that includes only the positive/negative results, which made the actual results formula being a monstrosity that I took like 2 hour to fix. Again it could've been "=SUM(E2:I2*E$1:I$1)/J2", but I'm bored. :/

So... if you want explanation, there it is. I'm not sure why I posted that, but if you want to find out the results better on your own, here you go?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
For what it's worth I don't see why anyone would bother fixing those results. Moreover I don't think they seem particularly out of place either.

- Wolf was always going to be first by virtue of being highly popular and, as a veteran, uncontroversial
- K Rool is pretty much where I expect him to be; the character who gets the most love and the hate at the same time

Even stuff like Ice Climbers being that high makes perfect sense. Everyone likes them; they just seem odd because they're not top ballot contenders thanks to disconfirmation.

As far as I'm concerned having the top number of 5 votes is what people should concentrate on - people's actual ballot votes will almost certainly correlate to some degree with the 5's. Who cares if he doesn't have as many of the other numbers? People probably aren't going to rate a character they are voting for less than a 5.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
For what it's worth I don't see why anyone would bother fixing those results. Moreover I don't think they seem particularly out of place either.

- Wolf was always going to be first by virtue of being highly popular and, as a veteran, uncontroversial
- K Rool is pretty much where I expect him to be; the character who gets the most love and the hate at the same time

Even stuff like Ice Climbers being that high makes perfect sense. Everyone likes them; they just seem odd because they're not top ballot contenders thanks to disconfirmation.

As far as I'm concerned having the top number of 5 votes is what people should concentrate on - people's actual ballot votes will almost certainly correlate to some degree with the 5's. Who cares if he doesn't have as many of the other numbers? People probably aren't going to rate a character they are voting for less than a 5.
Yeah K Rool gets a heck of a lot of unnecessary hate but is also probably the most popular character for DLC right now. As strange as that is I guess it's just people going against the majority to be different without putting much thought into their reasoning for hating the character.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's good to know that you can't erase ballot votes by sending in a vote to spite the character, so the only way K. Rool can even decline in popularity in the official ballot is if everybody else sends in so many votes that it just drowns out K. Rool support. Hee~

I wonder what competitive players will try out K. Rool if he's konfirmed. It'd be so beautiful to see him tear up the battlefield in a national event!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
K. Rool would be the wisest if they decide to go for the multiple costumes.
Once I thought that the reason could be that it shouldn't collide with the title of King Dedede. But we are talking about the game that has two Roys, so probably that wouldn't be a high concern.
None of the royals keep their titles in Smash. Dedede is the only exception, but even he lacks his title in the Japanese release (over there, it's Daiou, meaning "Great King"). I suspect that adding it back in was probably done to in some way preserve the jokes about him being a self-declared king and therefore not a "real" one, though.

I'd imagine that for K. Rool, they'd just go with plain K. Rool, the same as for every other royal on the roster. :p

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
King K. Rool.

Kaptain K. Rool.

Baron K. Roolenstein.

Sshh, I want to believe...~

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He should call him King Kuh Rool like in the cartoon.

:231:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm really hyped by the prospect that K. Rool may get his own home stage.

I reckoned we'd seen the final stage DLC some time back, but Mario Maker really caught my interest~

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm really hyped by the prospect that K. Rool may get his own home stage.

I reckoned we'd seen the final stage DLC some time back, but Mario Maker really caught my interest~
If K. Rool has the boxer outfit we can treat the boxing ring as his own stage. It even has the collapsing lights like the game. :p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Too bad his DK64 theme doesn't play there(or anywhere in the game).
True. That's a shame.

With the boxer outfit, we can actually recreate Diddy's fight perfectly - with his Final Smash and using it to bring down the lights on K. Rool.
And Lanky's too, with the banana peel.

I think someone will definitely do it. :laugh:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That could be patched with K. Rool. And while they are at it, add a DK logo to the ring.
While they're at it, they'd better add a skin to make the ring resemble Dedede's boxing ring. The Smash one is damn near identical, bar Mario and company not being in the crowd. :laugh:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
This morning at college the Internet cafe was emptier than usual, so I took advantage of it and used 3 of the computers to put in 3 extra votes. They were Snake, Wolf, and finally a second vote for K. Rool. With the latter I just stressed that he should use his blunderbuss from Donkey Kong Country 2 and be a heavyweight, whatever else they did with him was fine. I put in this second vote mostly because my first boiled down to "He's important to DK and he should be in Smash" with no semblance as to why he would be worth it otherwise. Consider this second vote a make-up for my first one in a way.

9 more days until the ballot closes, Kutthroats. Let's make Smash history.

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
Croc fact of the day #4: crocodilians are more closely related to birds than other reptiles. Though, to be fair, birds should probably just be considered reptiles at this point, based on genetics.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I hate when people say costumes deconfirm characters.

I'm like "Gimme evidence that it does. Oh you can't find it, that's right."

Kinda makes me want to shove K. Rool in their face if K. Rool gets in. (I won't though)

Top Bottom