• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Croc fact of the day #4: crocodilians are more closely related to birds than other reptiles. Though, to be fair, birds should probably just be considered reptiles at this point, based on genetics.
I can detest for this. Avian ancestors are Dinosaurs (in fact, they still are Dinosaurs). But I don't understand why they haven't been classified with reptiles, instead of excluding them and abandoning the term "reptilia" in favor of Sauropsids.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Well... This news should interest you Kutthroats. A reliable dataminer on twitter says that a Splatoon update will happen on the 16th of October, and that a direct will happen two days before that. Do with that what you will.

Last edited:

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Well... This news should interest you Kutthroats. A reliable dataminer on twitter says that a Splatoon update will happen on the 16th of October, and that a direct will happen two days before that. Do with that what you will.
Hopefully that means something smash related soon. Because I'm still thirsty

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hopefully that means something smash related soon. Because I'm still thirsty
Agreed. Do you guys think that is enough time for Sakurai and his crew to determine who they're gonna make as DLC characters after the 3rd of October?

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
Everyone should vote for the King again. This time write in Kaptain K. Rool.

Let's see if he is in, if there is time to address his costumes.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
I hate when people say costumes deconfirm characters.

I'm like "Gimme evidence that it does. Oh you can't find it, that's right."

Kinda makes me want to shove K. Rool in their face if K. Rool gets in. (I won't though)
I was telling some people about the Smash Ballot in my college and someone said that the costume deconfirms K. Rool. He was saying Shovel Knight was a shoo-in for the ballot. Though I won't give up hope on the king that easily.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I was telling some people about the Smash Ballot in my college and someone said that the costume deconfirms K. Rool. He was saying Shovel Knight was a shoo-in for the ballot. Though I won't give up hope on the king that easily.
Shovel Knight? The shoo-in? Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan we need to teach this man's friend who the real shoo-in is.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Shovel Knight? The shoo-in? Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan we need to teach this man's friend who the real shoo-in is.
Yes, that cretin needs to be taught a hardened lesson from the master of pain and fitness himself. No one shall defy the legitimacy of the almighty Rarebare or else they shall fall victim to his tantrum of doom.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572

I hope this means they finally finished coding Octolings into Splatoon so that I may play them in Online play... and that we get a K. Rool costume for K. rool in splatoon.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I am kinda hoping this means we don't have to wait till the 14th of October for smash news. At the very least, we should get a character on the 30th of September to keep us waiting (especially a certain krokodile). :3

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

How would a data miner know when directs are happening?

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448

I think now is the time for my strawgrasping abilities to shine!

It's going to be an October direct, and it's practically confirmed the Octolings are playable in Splatoon, but they should announce that in a big way, right?

A Halloween Villain/Antagonist themed Direct featuring playable Octolings, more news on Mario Tennis Ultra Smash including some new villain characters and returning classics like Waluigi, Wario, etc., and at the very end of it we get a nice surprise in a new Smash challenger.

I'm sure you can guess who I'm talking about...

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

It's going to be an October direct, and it's practically confirmed the Octolings are playable in Splatoon, but they should announce that in a big way, right?

A Halloween Villain/Antagonist themed Direct featuring playable Octolings, more news on Mario Tennis Ultra Smash including some new villain characters and returning classics like Waluigi, Wario, etc., and at the very end of it we get a nice surprise in a new Smash challenger.

While I'd agree with you in terms of that being an incredible piece of speculation, I still think that to tide us over, Sakurai should AT LEAST provide us with 1 character with the Super Mario Maker stage on the 30th. I doubt we'd just get 1 piece of content (along with balance patches, server upgrades, etc.), especially with the ballot nearing its end. There has to be something else hidden in this riddle! :4mewtwo:

Last edited:

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
Wolf also went up as the most wanted (unless things has changed and I didn't even check yet). While K Rool is a contender, top or not, still there is some competition between stuff, and there might be those selfish guys like me who rated everyone else 1 if they "may take up their shoe-in's slot". Just saying, though leaned results may also happen like stated above, when one just gets so many people to rate 5 for their character and 1 everyone else (I'm not only meaning this to Krystal). To be fair, K Rool actually is the character with the highest 5 votes, if this means anything
You are overthinking certain things. You think people are out to get Wolf. The one you're trying to accuse of 1's is also a Wolf supporter, I guess that hasn't been made clear to you. Wolf isn't even in the first part of that poll to be voted on (they just voted on the newcomer section that was linked). You voting '1' on a character you see as "competition" is no surprise to me. Everyone isn't a selfish hypocrite that targets characters, Logo. K Rool, Dixie, Wolf, and Krystal: I gave them all 5's because I'm not one that sees: "one rep per series DLC."

@BluePikmin11 The poll is already over? That was fast.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Say, I got a thought, I know we've talked about taglines, well I got a thought, what if at the end of the month, K.Rool is revealed as the first Ballot character, and his tagline is:
Krocs the Vote!
In honor of his mass support who have been working together hard to back him. Just my thought

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

I can just imagine it. It's near the end of the direct and whoever is hosting it says "We have one more annou-" then they get cut off with the room shaking and we hear Brash shouting. Cut to the smash trailer.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Say, I got a thought, I know we've talked about taglines, well I got a thought, what if at the end of the month, K.Rool is revealed as the first Ballot character, and his tagline is:
Krocs the Vote!
In honor of his mass support who have been working together hard to back him. Just my thought
Me, if that happens:

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Krocs the Vote!
I can see that happening. The same way that I would expect Ridley getting a size related pun if he managed to become playable.
King K. Rool at least gets the most original hashtag campaign award from what I've seen.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That was intended as a good reaction to "K. Rool Krocs the Vote!"

Here, have a happier, less face-melty one:

Of course, I intend on posting the best GIFs when K. Rool actually does return, be it in Smash or DKC.

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman

Missing the trigger but otherwise done. DKC2 aficionados can grade me on my accuracy. (This was always going to be the hard one to recreate. The Kaptain was always the most detailed form of K. Rool.)

Btw, two things: It's ultra-shiny because it's meant to be presented like a trophy (of his past). Part of a trove.

And second of all: Thank you to you all for your comments and likes and generally all-round awesome support you've given me. It's been a long road and you've all been absolutely fantastic. I really mean that.
I have every faith our efforts won't ultimately be in vain and I've been very happy to know you all.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Pre-Ballot content on the 30th, Ballot ends on the 3rd, possible Direct on the 14th.

It seems like the drought might be finally coming to an end.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Pre-Ballot content on the 30th, Ballot ends on the 3rd, possible Direct on the 14th.

I do agree though that we may get ballot news on the 30th though. Odds are they already know who's becoming a character, unless Sakurai is expecting a huge surge of votes in the last 3 days of the ballot.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I can't tell if this is a good or bad reaction.

Anyway mine is

(Ps could you change the photo i think this is going to give kids nightmares if they see it.)

I agree. Its gross.
Don't worry, that's just me hiding in your closets at night.

Would make sense but I hope we get something the day the Ballot ends.

Anyway, this would be my reaction if we got a shout out to K. Rool's inclusion when he got revealed in the trailer.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Possible Direct on the 14th? Eh, I dunno. What I could see happening is a Smash Mini-Direct on the 30th, then a regular Nintendo Direct on October 14th that only acknowledges the Smash Ballot and doesn't reveal anything new. I mean, realistically, they probably wouldn't even have their first couple Ballot picks ready until at least next January or February, and they'd probably wait to reveal them until they were ready.

And while I'm not much to shill my own work, my latest LP episode is a pretty important one: it's the first K. Rool fight of the game!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Possible Direct on the 14th? Eh, I dunno. What I could see happening is a Smash Mini-Direct on the 30th, then a regular Nintendo Direct on October 14th that only acknowledges the Smash Ballot and doesn't reveal anything new. I mean, realistically, they probably wouldn't even have their first couple Ballot picks ready until at least next January or February, and they'd probably wait to reveal them until they were ready.

And while I'm not much to shill my own work, my latest LP episode is a pretty important one: it's the first K. Rool fight of the game!
We won't get a Smash mini-Direct if they're not also announcing a new character. Frankly, I think any ballot content they announce right away would be announced then, along with the closing of the ballot. Its close enough to the end of the ballot.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Someone asked how a dataminer knows when a direct is happening. That's the interesting part about this that doesn't make October 14 a guarantee, but rather a likely outcome. Why I say outcome is because I believe the dataminer DID find that the release for the update for Splatoon was the 16th. For something as big as new amiibos and playable Octolings, you'd need a bigger announcement outlet than Twitter. You'd need a direct. So a direct could possibly be coming sooner than the dataminer said. That is all.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Yee! I got something DK-related in the mail today. :grin: My Skylanders SuperChargers pre-orders landed today, and I took a snapshot of the Turbo Charge Donkey Kong Skylander/Amiibo alongside the standard Donkey Kong Amiibo;

Since I've effectively double-dipped on DK Amiibos via this, I went outside of the naming scheme that I established for my DK series-related Amiibos, and I made Turbo Charge DK one of us, by naming the Smash AI "DC". Naturally, he has the green alt, for that mean, green, scaly sheen that is a necessity for being a part of the Kremling krew. ;)

So he's finally here, Smashing for you, he's the latest member of my Amiibo crew! He's Donkey Croc, initials DC - he's one of us, one of us! (And he's a Skylander/Amiibo figure, too!)

I have no regrets! :laugh:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just got a rumor.

The man that confirm it fake or real is pushdustin.

Remember the 5 marios under mewtwo, found from data digging and now they'res 2 left

The rumor is the 2 are not ballot characters

Its 1 is pre-planned and 1 is a ballot character

Suposivly discovered by pushdusin

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Just got a rumor.

The man that confirm it fake or real is pushdustin.

Remember the 5 marios under mewtwo, found from data digging and now they'res 2 left

The rumor is the 2 are not ballot characters

Its 1 is pre-planned and 1 is a ballot character

Suposivly discovered by pushdusin
Welp, Wolf is likely the pre-planned one. As for the ballot character... Well hell, I don't know. There is going to be one hell of a datamine on September 30th.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Welp, Wolf is likely the pre-planned one. As for the ballot character... Well hell, I don't know. There is going to be one hell of a datamine on September 30th.
Its morely a prediction

And now i just learned both of them are pre-ballot

(Oh the article of the predictions on sourcebpgaming earlier is the source.)

(And those pre-ballots may be wolf and shovel knight.)

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Its morely a prediction

And now i just learned both of them are pre-ballot

(Oh the article of the predictions on sourcebpgaming earlier is the source.)

(And those pre-ballots may be wolf and shovel knight.)
Honestly, no way would it be shovel knight, he's extremely unlikely even with ballot, he's just the current hype character like Dixie, Chorus kids, etc cept he doesn't even have the backing/history of those examples, and both of those are first party series with far greater sales. King K.Rool on the other hand has had constant support since melee days that has been consistently growing in support. A Pre-ballot character could be unexpected, but at this rate it would have to have large fan support to be "Fan Service" Although it also has to be something Sakurai is familiar with. Heck it's likely he had never heard of SK pre-ballot, and he's played enough great games there are likely hundreds of "random/shock/cool game" options before him on the list.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Push's current predictions is that Wolf and Shovel Knight are Pre-Ballot. If that's the case, I will feel a LOT better about Shovel Knight if he got in without the Ballot, because it was likely decided on well in advance and they didn't try to pass it off as a Ballot vote, because his non existent Japanese support.

Here's hoping for K. Rool, Isaac, Bandana Dee, and...someone else for the Ballot.

Push keeps pushing (no pun intended) Shovel Knight due to Tamaki's rumor, which they still very much believe. Either SK is coming to Smash or someone's pulling their leg. I really wish we could know more about this rumor. "Oh yeah Shovel Knight is coming to Smash, regardless of his incompatible Amiibo, he's getting a second Smash amiibo (god), but we can't say at all why we feel this way". It rubs me the wrong way and I'd like to find out exactly why.

Apparently Source Gaming predicts Layton, Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong and Arle Nadja as the Ballot Winners. I hope he's wrong on this. Layton is no where near as requested as Rayman or Banjo, Dixie Kong's popularity dive bombed and K. Rool remained on top, and whoever the hell this is has not a shred of Western support aside from the occasional vote or two. And Isaac, THE most requested newcomer besides K. Rool himself, is no where in sight.

Once again, I hope he's wrong.

But I will start to worry if we get Wolf and SK on the 30th.

Last edited:
Top Bottom