• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm of the suspicion that they began work on the ballot winners as soon as Lucas, Roy and Ryu were released, and the next round of characters announced will be the last. Probably two characters.

I've seen a lot of people who are confident that there will be a "wave 2" of pre-ballot characters followed by another wave of ballot winners, but I kind of doubt it.
I don't think there will be a wave 2 of pre-ballot characters, but I do think we'll get 4 characters. 3 ballot and 1 who was still planned before but was delayed to release alongside Star Fox (Wolf).

I do agree that I think they began work on the ballot winners as soon as Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were released, though.

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
inb4 sakurai says "due to very strong demand from the ballot, It seems as though one kostume is not enough, we have given into the pressure from fans and you'll be pleased to know the dlc team is hard at work on yet ANOTHER king k. rool dlc costume based off his DK jungle climber appearance. now you can dress up as both original k rool and the newer one. The development for this kostume is expected to take an additional year".

or b4 he syas something like "we have both good and bad news k. rool fans. The good news is we have been hard at work these past 5 months developing a fully playable king k. rool model. Bad news is we cannot release him, due to fear that his bright green colours may damage the retina of the human eye. It is too much of a risky move. instead enjoy this pink gold donkey kong dlc with different jumping physics"

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Sakurai made some questionable decisions before, but he's not the complete moron or troll people make him out to be. He's quite the competent and talented person, though he has his preferences and biases (like we all do). I just hope he sees past anything he might have against K. Rool. At the very least I'd like answers in the event K. Rool isn't playable and only got a Mii Costume when he has strong support in Japan AND the West, basically Planet Earth in terms of Smash.

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
I am trolling 100%. I don't believe him to be a moron at all. He has made some very excellent games, which I will be forever grateful for. No doubt a talented person. I just think he can sometimes be very stubborn in his ways (on occasions he has proven otherwise). I suppose this ballot will be the ultimate test on how well he is able to deliver fan service.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I am trolling 100%. I don't believe him to be a moron at all. He has made some very excellent games, which I will be forever grateful for. No doubt a talented person. I just think he can sometimes be very stubborn in his ways (on occasions he has proven otherwise). I suppose this ballot will be the ultimate test on how well he is able to deliver fan service.
Apologies if I came off rough. That was mostly in general and not directly towards you. There are plenty of people who think that what you said would be 100% what Sakurai would do.

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
Apologies if I came off rough. That was mostly in general and not directly towards you. There are plenty of people who think that what you said would be 100% what Sakurai would do.
No need to apologise! just think a bit of trolling is healthy around this time of the ballot when the atmosphere is quite uncertain and uneasy. Although I'm 50/50 on K Rool making it in on DLC, even if he doesn't make it in, I still believe the DLC will be somewhat reasonable for me as krool fan to go "well, not what I wanted, but hey, it still adds some diversity and more excitement to the game". At the end of the day I'm happy for any extra content (that isn't pink gold), even though I'd still feel disappointed for no krool.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
No need to apologise! just think a bit of trolling is healthy around this time of the ballot when the atmosphere is quite uncertain and uneasy. Although I'm 50/50 on K Rool making it in on DLC, even if he doesn't make it in, I still believe the DLC will be somewhat reasonable for me as krool fan to go "well, not what I wanted, but hey, it still adds some diversity and more excitement to the game". At the end of the day I'm happy for any extra content (that isn't pink gold), even though I'd still feel disappointed for no krool.
And that's a very good outlook to have. I have several characters I'm rooting for, myself.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
HAHAHA i don't want to believe. If King K. Rool isn't in the game, they need to have at least krystal. But if she is a part of a costume.... man i'm going to be pissed.

I know people enjoy indie games, BUT INDIE GAMES HAVE NEVER MADE A BIG IMPACT FOR NINTENDO! People just don't get it nowadays. What has any indie game done for nintendo? nothing. Sure there good games, but they don't fit at all with the all stars of nintendo. Thats why shantae was never really that popular on the gameboy. I barely seen anyone talk about her until this ballot. If a indie character does come in, fine whatever........ but I promise you guys, they're going to feel so out of place its not even funny

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
On a side note, which fanbase would you guys say has the biggest following but is also the least vocal?
Biggest fanbase?

Least vocal?

I gotta say Isaac and his Adepts. They rival the K. Rool community in size but never really go out of their way to get huge publicity. People just naturally gravitate towards Isaac or more subtle campaigning.

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
Biggest fanbase?

Least vocal?

I gotta say Isaac and his Adepts. They rival the K. Rool community in size but never really go out of their way to get huge publicity. People just naturally gravitate towards Isaac or more subtle campaigning.
I actually think Isaac has a pretty decent shot.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I actually think Isaac has a pretty decent shot.
A lot of people do. He's almost universally at least liked, even if not specifically gunned for. The growing dislike of "anime swordsman" is surprisingly a non issue for Isaac due to his status in the Golden Sun games, which many feel should have been given proper representation a long time ago.

The only thing that hurts Isaac is his lukewarm desire in Japan, who hovers around the bottom of the Top 20 where he's neck and neck with K. Rool in the West, and K. Rool actually dominates in Japan when going with newcomers, and even among the much more popular veterans in Japan.

Because the two characters appeal to completely different audiences, the Kutthroats and Adepts usually get along. I could see both K. Rool and Isaac getting in. I only wish they used Older, Bearded Isaac but, despite being his most recently appearance, his younger and actually playable one will get in before.

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
A lot of people do. He's almost universally at least liked, even if not specifically gunned for. The growing dislike of "anime swordsman" is surprisingly a non issue for Isaac due to his status in the Golden Sun games, which many feel should have been given proper representation a long time ago.

The only thing that hurts Isaac is his lukewarm desire in Japan, who hovers around the bottom of the Top 20 where he's neck and neck with K. Rool in the West, and K. Rool actually dominates in Japan when going with newcomers, and even among the much more popular veterans in Japan.

Because the two characters appeal to completely different audiences, the Kutthroats and Adepts usually get along. I could see both K. Rool and Isaac getting in. I only wish they used Older, Bearded Isaac but, despite being his most recently appearance, his younger and actually playable one will get in before.
Agreed. What, he's only bottom of the top 20 in Japan? I expected him to be if anything more popular over there, can you link me to the source? Sorry if this is old news, I'm so behind haha.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
United Statians. First time I've seen that word. Most people just call us Americans (I think that pisses off other people from South America though lol).
America is not a continent.

It is North America and South America.
Now Im feeling bad for Central América.
Also, There are 5, not 8 continents. Thats why there is 5 rings on The olimpics.

1.AMERICA
2.Asia
3.Africa
4.Oceania
5.Europe

North, South and CENTRAL América are sub-continents.
Saying that America Isnt a continent is The same of saying: Europe Isnt a continent, its oriental and ocidental Europe.

Dixie is still eh. It'd be cool that she's in, but I just would like her after K. Rool.
I really dont want Dixie, she'd be a Diddy Kong clone like Luciana, or half clone like Toon Link.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Now Im feeling bad for Central América.
Also, There are 5, not 8 continents. Thats why there is 5 rings on The olimpics.

1.AMERICA
2.Asia
3.Africa
4.Oceania
5.Europe

North, South and CENTRAL América are sub-continents.
Saying that America Isnt a continent is The same of saying: Europe Isnt a continent, its oriental and ocidental Europe.
There are several different ways of counting the continents.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Take the continental talk elsewhere guys. Unless you want to discuss how crocodilians inhabit every human inhabited continent except Europe.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Actually does Nintendo even sells stuff outside from the so called "First World"? I heard they recently stopped selling consoles and games in Brazil, for example.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Actually does Nintendo even sells stuff outside from the so called "First World"? I heard they recently stopped selling consoles and games in Brazil, for example.
Nintendo has branches for USA (& Canada), Europe, Australia (& NZ), Japan, China and South Korea, iirc.

Other places have to import them.

:231:

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Well I see Nintendo Consoles and Wii U/3DS vídeogames with Neutral Spanish description in Mexico.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I don't get what you mean.
Sorry, maybe I get in the wrong way the question.

Latín America is a non-first-world where is possible see Nintendo Consoles xD. But the games arrive (in some cases) in other languajes that english.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sorry, maybe I get in the wrong way the question.

Latín America is a non-first-world where is possible see Nintendo Consoles xD. But the games arrive (in some cases) in other languajes that english.
Not every game is dubbed to Spanish here.

At best, maybe the boxart and manual, but in my experience, lots of things are left untranslated.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Top 438 in the Individual Character Poll!
Want to see how well your character is doing in the top 438 check and find out!
The poll results are based on this poll.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/10/pollsmash4/
Thanks Logo12 from Smashboards for making this!
Over 1600+ votes have been casted in the poll, if you haven't voted please do so!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
As far as I'm concerned, Isaac sits right next to K. Rool and Wolf in terms of characters that deserve to be in Smash.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
For some reason I've never thought of sharing it with you until now but... you know what's ironic?

I've tried to create a Mii that would somewhat look like King K. Rool, long before the Kosplay was revealed. I gave the Mii an evil face, gave him a green shirt, made him the biggest possible, and then in Smash itself I tried to imagine what outfit could make it somewhat look like K. Rool... until I realized it was too much of a stretch, lol.

I hesitated for some time throwing my money on what could possibly be a Ridley-shadow-like slap in the face but whatever happens I've decided to make sure to contribute towards proving to Nintendo that the kharacter is marketable by him being the only Mii costume I'd buy, so when I bought the kosplay I took my old Mii I originally created as an half-baked attempt at making a Mii fighter that somewhat looks like K. Rool I obviously gave him the real kosplay. Managing to do what I was previously never going to do admittedly felt satisfying, and writing that makes me want even more to believe that the kosplay is just an easy cash grab tease before the real deal. Though after being influenced by Ridley believers last years through their "not mentioned by name" (comparison with the "Goddess of Light" instead of "Palutena"), "the shadow's animation doesn't match a boss" or "teasing a character like that for a boss would be unprofessional" which genuinely made me believe Ridley was going to be playable over one year ago, I'd rather be more careful with my expectations this time around.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
http://www.dispatchtimes.com/star-fox-zero-delayed-to-2016/94122/

Key quote:

"Were you hoping to pick up Star Fox Zero this year for the Wii U? As the story goes King K. Rool has nabbed all of the crystal bananas so it’s up to DK along with Diddy plus a few Kong cameos in order to help a banana from another dimension imaginatively named Xananab."

This is massive guys. With his upcoming boss appearance in Star Fox Zero his return to the franchise is all but confirmed. Let's give ourselves a pat on the back. Why add Wolf to Smash to advertise the game when you can add King K. Rool?

(Disclaimer: This is a website who've messed up their description and gave that for DK: Jungle Climber instead. King K. Rool is not in Star Fox Zero)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Key quote:

"Were you hoping to pick up Star Fox Zero this year for the Wii U? As the story goes King K. Rool has nabbed all of the crystal bananas so it’s up to DK along with Diddy plus a few Kong cameos in order to help a banana from another dimension imaginatively named Xananab."

This is massive guys. With his upcoming boss appearance in Star Fox Zero his return to the franchise is all but confirmed. Let's give ourselves a pat on the back. Why add Wolf to Smash to advertise the game when you can add King K. Rool?

Is king k rool in star fox zero?

Or did they confirm a new donkey kong game?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

Key quote:

At first I thought this was a joke, then I read the article and random King K. Rool and Kongs advertisement. I'm so confused. Oh well, I guess more people have K. Rool on their minds.

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
I think it's just something that went wrong in the process of copypasting.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace

Key quote:

wait... king k rool as a boos in star zero????

Top Bottom