• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I can see Ridley in Charizard size to be honest. You know charizard is probably smaller then You. Hes like, 1.6 - 1.7m hight (thats 5'5" - 5'7" for You united statians, one of The feel people that still use Miles, feet, pound and farehein.(Even England said good bye to The last one.))

Edit: Also, KKR would be browser and Dk's size if he was coming to The game. (I really dont care who makes into The game, of course I would love to see Septile, Shovel Knight, A Zelda character (I wanted Midna and Girahim:c:sadeyes::crying:) or Isaac geting in, Thats why I votes for them, but as Long as he has an creative and good moveset, I dont care who he is.
United Statians. First time I've seen that word. Most people just call us Americans (I think that pisses off other people from South America though lol).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
United Statians. First time I've seen that word. Most people just call us Americans (I think that pisses off other people from South America though lol).
Well, United Statians isn't a word.

Regardless.

Here's a question.

What would you do if Dixie Kong was chosen but was a complete love letter to fans? For bonus points, she comes with an awesome stage.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Oh, right. But, dat K. Rool voice in DK64 though...:eek:. SERIOUSLY. IF King K. Rool ever return to the main DK games, THAT voice. That....DEEP. DEMONIC. VOICE. It has to come back. To this day, it's the reason I put King K. Rool up there with Ganondorf in terms of intimidation.

One of the reasons I became a fan of K. Rool in the first place, loved his evil laugh especially.

D

Deleted member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydaJNXdNTAA Please. A moment of silence for our Snake supporting friends.
Konami is actually trying to kill itself.

not that i'm implying they didn't already.
Konami died a long time ago.
rip in peace metal gear.
If the King is confirmed I say we all change our avatars to the King's Crown to celebrate, or any other idea like the words "One of Us".
I will most likely put in my sig, Nui is pure and her image should stay the same.
I'm sorry but that's not the case

We were never going to get Rayquaza as a playable character in Brawl. The character always made more sense as a boss. He's too big, and if he got scaled down his proportions would look weird. Ridley is in the same boat. Some characters are just not cut to be fighters. K. Rool actually has humanoid physiology, and proportions that work when scaled to fighter-size. That's the non-arbitrary difference.
let me remind you ganondorf is a god damn giant
upload_2015-9-21_16-35-11.png

zelda games
smash
size doesn't matter also dedede is big when he is a boss in kirby games like super star but in return to dreamland where hes playable he's just fine
if proportions are a problem then use clone ridley, bagan with his Project M mod is a example as what he could be.
sorry if this is off topic.
#Darkerpit4smash WE NEED MOAR ANIMOO CARACTARS GUYZ!
Dark pit is not a anime!
Dixie is still eh. It'd be cool that she's in, but I just would like her after K. Rool.
I like Dixie but i would prefer the main villain over another side kick.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It doesn't matter to me how good Dixie's depiction is. I don't care for her as much as I care for K. Rool, so it isn't the same to me.

I don't expect a stage with K. Rool, but I'd be happy if it does happen~

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, United Statians isn't a word.

Regardless.

Here's a question.

What would you do if Dixie Kong was chosen but was a complete love letter to fans? For bonus points, she comes with an awesome stage.
You know what I'm reading into the Dixie question? "If we got Third DK Rep and it was good DK fan service but not K. Rool, would you K. Rool fans be okay with it? Would you not be upset about your character missing out if DK got repped better elsewhere?"

To which my response is that I'm sure a lot of K. Rool supporters would prefer Dixie to a lot of other characters, but could never consider her a replacement or a fair alternative to K. Rool. Some people and even Smash fan sites are big into trying to make Third DK Rep "happen." I don't know how many fan polls where K. Rool far outstrips everyone else from the series to convince those people that it's not going to "happen."

I say this with the caveat that the Smash fanbase overall would lap this up like warm milk and claim that Sakurai did the most amazing-est thing ever and that K. Rool was a worse option only pushed up by a vocal bandwagon. But you're asking about K. Rool fans specifically, so...yeah, we're in this for the character himself for the long haul.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know what I'm reading into the Dixie question? "If we got Third DK Rep and it was good DK fan service but not K. Rool, would you K. Rool fans be okay with it? Would you not be upset about your character missing out if DK got repped better elsewhere?"

To which my response is that I'm sure a lot of K. Rool supporters would prefer Dixie to a lot of other characters, but could never consider her a replacement or a fair alternative to K. Rool. Some people and even Smash fan sites are big into trying to make Third DK Rep "happen." I don't know how many fan polls where K. Rool far outstrips everyone else from the series to convince those people that it's not going to "happen."

I say this with the caveat that the Smash fanbase overall would lap this up like warm milk and claim that Sakurai did the most amazing-est thing ever and that K. Rool was a worse option only pushed up by a vocal bandwagon. But you're asking about K. Rool fans specifically, so...yeah, we're in this for the character himself for the long haul.
Would that change if Dixie was pre-ballot?

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Personally I wouldn't be satisfied until K. Rool himself is in Smash, regardless of any other DK characters we got. Even if Dixie and Cranky (heck with it, even Lanky) got in Smash before he did, no matter how faithful they are to their source material, they're not K. Rool. They're some good and well-deserved representation for the series, and I would buy them in an instant, but the big part here is the individual character of K. Rool. Not "we need more DK characters" (true as that may be).
So basically, would I be happy if we got a DK character that wasn't K. Rool? Of course. Would I be satisfied with the roster as a whole? Not quite.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Probably should be. Many foreigners think we sound stupid when we call ourselves "Americans" (since America is the continent, Mexicans and Canadians would be American too.), so maybe we need a term to define that distinction. Back to K. Rool! Uh... Would K. Rool be a Kremlian?
America is not a continent.

It is North America and South America.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Would that change if Dixie was pre-ballot?
If Dixie was pre-ballot and K. Rool still had a chance from the ballot? That'd be great for everyone involved.

If they never considered K. Rool at all, just because they had scrapped together ideas for Dixie from her 2005 duo role, before they knew of K. Rool's support, and made the conscious choice to not add two characters from the same series? That'd be really frustrating, because it'd be telling us effectively "You never had a chance for your votes and ideas to make a difference, because we have our own ideas and they will again take priority over yours for an arbitrary reason. Whoops!"

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I dunno, if Dixie gets in, but no K. Rool, I'd be a little excited and play as Dixie a little, but the roster would still feel empty to me without the good ol' King, This is just my opinion, but K. Rool is much more important to the DK games than Dixie, as he is not only the major villain of the series and has a bigger role than Dixie's side kick status, but he also has more main game appearances under his belt (DKC Trilogy + 64) than Dixie (DKC 2 & 3 + TF). I understand Dixie is more relevant at this point in time (Which is something nearly every newcomer in this game with the exceptions of Duck Hunt and Mega Man is), but K. Rool is much more important to the DK series in the eyes of most fans. Even if one of the reasons I want King K. Rool is because the DK series currently stands as underrepresented in Smash Bros 4, it doesn't mean I want Dixie, Cranky, Lanky, Brash The Bear or even Bluster the Benevolent, it means I want King K. Rool (Although I wont go on a salt soaked rampage if they get included). However, If we get Dixie and Pre Ballot and can still get K. Rool as a winner, I'd welcome Dixie in open arms. But if we get Dixie without K. Rool, the roster will still have that gaping hole that only a Krocodile can fill in my eyes (Nothing against Dixie/ Dixie fans, but hey, this is all just some random krazy person on the internet giving his 2 cents, right :)? )

Why are we talking about what to call u.s. citizens?
Because we are thinking of what to rename ourselves after President K. Rool wins the 2016 election :p (I personally say we bekome AmeriKrocs when he gets into office :p)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
America is not a continent.

It is North America and South America.
Technically its one Continent, since they have always been attached to one other, which is why both are called "America." Because the connecting factor is so narrow, though, they're typically referred to as separate Continents (like how Asia is separated from Europe mostly just by a mountain range).

Anyway, why are we arguing this?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Anyway, why are we arguing this?
Welcome to the King K. Rool thread! Where we talk about the reasoning behind why Americans are called Americans even though there are two American continents with tons of countries inside so technically everyone there is an American. And Ridley, just because.

Oh yeah, and that Duke Kruel guy or whatever his name is.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Scary thought... what if the votes are only suggestions to them. They may not take any of our requests serious. If that leak with the Mii Outfits is true...then everyone be ready for the worst. Shantae Wig...Krystal Wig.... and Ice Climber Hood... that better be fake...or the K. Rool Mii Outfit IS all we are getting...

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
"They are only suggestions, you fool! It was never ever ever about who got the most votes! One vote is equal to ten thousand for a character when sales are on the line!"

Yeah, it's definitely not a straight-up election where the winner gets in, no questions asked, but when the head developer says that the picks will be all about fan-service, it takes a strong level of denial to claim that who's getting the votes is irrelevant.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Yep. Get in those last few votes and then pat yourselves on the back for a job well done. None of our poll dominance would have happened without the effort of every last person not just in here, but across the web.

The last few votes aren't going to really affect this decision one way or the other, but they send the message to Nintendo that the character is still a viable selling point for future games, and to Sakurai and co. that, if they didn't choose him, they done messed up.
Honestly, even if K. Rool didn't make it, we all managed to do something that I don't think I have seen with any other character: REACH the attention of many people that K.Rool IS WANTED. And that for me, can go a LONG way in due time.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
For me, K. Rool being the most requested on Push's JPN chart makes me all the more hopeful for him. That means he's one of the top characters requested globally, which is huge.

Pakky

Smash Hero
*Looks at leak

Okay SK? In smash? They could have tried a little harder.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Oh but all those examples don't count because they're not physical changes to those characters' limbs/appendages. You can grow Olimar several hundred sizes up, you can shrink Ganondorf down several heads, but Ridley with slightly smaller wings is just crossing the line.

Anyway, from DKVine's Flint:

Frankly I think it's cruel to beat down Daisy after getting shafted from Mario Maker in favor of Majong Tile and Trampoline, but funny komic regardless.

While I think of another picture to do as we patiently wait, I'll leave this one I found :)
Next should be K Rool in a Meso American Loincloth (Sluggers), K Rool in a Gorrila suit, and a Kardboard Kutout of K Rool moved by a Kremling wearing black pretending to be invisible.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Oh there was a leak? Umm, ok...

Anyway, NibrocRock does make some awesome ARTWORK of many characters. It surely makes it-realistic looking if placed right on an edited post. ;)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
one more week to go after this, we're getting there. Even if we do get a character reveal trailer at the end of this month and it does'nt turn out to be k. rool then we still have 3 days later to see who else got in.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
It's almost the end of Leaktember. This is going to be a long week and a half.

I just hope they announce everyone then and there, and not make us wait around wondering. In addition I hope they actually TELL US when they are done with DLC for sure so we can have closure. Part of me says they won't.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Don't worry, even though its fake, GameXplain will probably make a video analyzing every bit of it as if it was real....wait, they just did. Well slap me down.
They made a video about it, but they didn't analyze it as real, in fact, they promptly slapped it down and said it was fake.

It's almost the end of Leaktember. This is going to be a long week and a half.

I just hope they announce everyone then and there, and not make us wait around wondering. In addition I hope they actually TELL US when they are done with DLC for sure so we can have closure. Part of me says they won't.
But then we'll just get Leaktober...

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
They made a video about it, but they didn't analyze it as real, in fact, they promptly slapped it down and said it was fake.

But then we'll just get Leaktober...
Hopefully they'll wrap things up quickly so the leaks will die down when the obvious DLC is done.

Speaking of, what's your opinion? Do you think (not just Jaidyn but everyone) that they will try to string us along more or when the ball drops on October 3rd, or very soon after, they will announce the winners and state they are done after them?

Do you think that they will try to string us along more or when the ball drops on October 3rd, or very soon after, they will announce the winners and state they are done after them?
I'm of the suspicion that they began work on the ballot winners as soon as Lucas, Roy and Ryu were released, and the next round of characters announced will be the last. Probably two characters.

I've seen a lot of people who are confident that there will be a "wave 2" of pre-ballot characters followed by another wave of ballot winners, but I kind of doubt it.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I'm of the suspicion that they began work on the ballot winners as soon as Lucas, Roy and Ryu were released, and the next round of characters announced will be the last. Probably two characters.

I've seen a lot of people who are confident that there will be a "wave 2" of pre-ballot characters followed by another wave of ballot winners, but I kind of doubt it.
If we get only two characters after waiting six months for this Ballot I'm going to be beyond pissed.

Top Bottom