• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
First thing I'm gonna do when K. Rool gets announced is jump for joy, let out an ecstatic scream, dance like a joyful idiot and then download him ASAP, while doing so, I will officially thank Sakurai (no longer making fun of his name like Suckerai, Samurai, Mashedpotato Side Of Fries, etc.) on twitter telling him that he has redeemed himself and that I no longer have any intentions on not buying any more of his games. Then I will celebrate with all you guys by posting a few gg and cc remixes and poke fun at all the haters who doubted him. Finally, I will play as K. Rool and beat every character already on the roster including the ones who I really like too just to say eff you to the DK and K. Rool haters. After that, I will practice like crazy so I can use him online against all those other anime light weights and characters.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Awwww... did every Kutthroat forget my version of K. Rool's son when you guys are discussing it a page back? And I was too late when the subject changed. If you guys don't mind to bring it again, how I put a pic in a post to let anyone to see it?
If you have the image uploaded on an image hosting site, you can go up to the top of the reply box and look for the "Image" button, which is 7th from the right.

-) Shovel Knight (Unless this new, exclusive Nintendo content for him features a Battleship Halberd level, and a fight against Meta Knight. Then Sakurai would be pleased.)
I never thought about Shovel Knight fighting Meta Knight, what with characters in that game being <Insert Theme Here> Knight, it would make perfect sense that exclusive Nintendo content would feather Meta Knight.

Last edited:

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
So, what if King K Rool comes out as DLC...
But his voice is done by Samuel L. Jackson?
Edit Pulp Fiction where I switch the faces of K.Rool/SamuelJ, Diddy/Travolta, Dixie/Uma, DK/Bruce, Bluster/Ving Rhames, and replace Tarrantino's name in the credits with Cranky Kong.

"I have had it with these mothuf***ing monkeys on my motherf***ing galleon"
''SAY 'BANANA SLAMA' ONE MORE TIME! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA, MOTHER****ER!''
I'm dying XD

InsaneStar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Johan7
3DS FC
2492-4240-2632
If you have the image uploaded on an image hosting site, you can go up to the top of the reply box and look for the "Image" button, which is 7th from the right.
Oh... thank you. Bringing the K. Rool's offspring idea again. XD He, he.. here's my version of it. Meet Prince K. Rooler.

The first pic is the very first time how I drew K. Rool and the second one is the rest of his body. What you guys think of Prince K. Rooler's design?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
He feels...somewhat different from Jr. who's more of a whiny brat, this kid looks like the typical schoolyard bully, which is generally what cruel kids are portrayed as.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
999!

One more to go, Kutthroats! I'll be posting my moveset as a somewhat minor celebration of the discussion that has been dedicated to the King! We will reach the Finest Hour!

Bananija

Count of Trickery
He feels...somewhat different from Jr. who's more of a whiny brat, this kid looks like the typical schoolyard bully, which is generally what cruel kids are portrayed as.
Now I have the image of K.Rool son bullying Jr because he is a whiny nerd (he make his Mechas himself, so he can be considered a nerd)

InsaneStar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Johan7
3DS FC
2492-4240-2632
One more page to go!

Oh good, didn't want to look similar to Bowser Jr. I realized it looked like a school bully when I finished it, so I went with it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
999!

One more to go, Kutthroats! I'll be posting my moveset as a somewhat minor celebration of the discussion that has been dedicated to the King! We will reach the Finest Hour!
Yep! We're almost there! By the way...

Nine!

Can't decide, do or die, running out of time!

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Shh.

We don't talk about those PAON mishaps.

There's actually a theory that Kremlings are simply born out of the energy geyser in Krokodile Kore, due to the manual description.

Possible stage for K.Rool? There could be Kremlings as stage hazards!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
inb4 Daddy Sakurai waited specifically for Page 1000 to announce the King
It's a stretch beyond the imagination, but you gotta dream a little dream. :drshrug:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
As much as I'd like the idea of a Kid K. Rool, especially if he was more of a school yard bully than a bratty nerd like Bowser Jr., is that would give people further ammunition against K. Rool that he's a Bowser knock off, complete with his own Jr. knockoff. I'd be okay with Kid K. Rool if Donkey Kong had his own son, like a(nother) Donkey Kong Jr. resurgence (except it's DK's kid and not Cranky's kid this time).

Diddy doesn't count, since he has enough clout to take on the King himself.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Shh.

There's actually a theory that Kremlings are simply born out of the energy geyser in Krokodile Kore, due to the manual description.

So King K. Rool just popped out of a geyser, said "Hey, I'm fatter than anyone here and I have a extremely slight british accent, I'm the King now kthx" and started ruining everyone's day?
Headcanon accepted. :drshrug:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
So King K. Rool just popped out of a geyser, said "Hey, I'm fatter than anyone here and I have a extremely slight british accent, I'm the King now kthx" and started ruining everyone's day?
Headcanon accepted. :drshrug:
Apparently K. Rool was just a general of the previous Kremling King before taking the title for himself.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Man, what with all the poo the arcade-era detractors and gaming media fling at DK for having "too many Kong family members," imagine how irate they'd become over the idea of an expanded family for K. Rool as well, who they're already none too fond of.

Not to say I'm overly fond of the idea myself. I'd prefer to see the Kremling leadership fleshed out with Klump/Krusha equivalents, or even anti-hero Kremlings like Klubba, before additional Rools.

Last edited:

TheLethalPacifist

Smash Cadet
Still can't believe that we are almost at a 1,000 pages. Best part is that for the most part the discussions were all about K. Rool and were contributed by so many different members of the krew.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Man, what with all the poo the arcade-era detractors and gaming media fling at DK for having "too many Kong family members," imagine how irate they'd become over the idea of an expanded family for K. Rool as well, who they're already none too fond of.

Not to say I'm overly fond of the idea myself. I'd prefer to see the Kremling leadership fleshed out with Klump/Krusha equivalents, or even anti-hero Kremlings like Klubba, before additional Rools.
I like the Kongs because they aren't like the casts of other Nintendo games, where they are (almost) all family members to an extent. I still imagine huge Thanksgiving-esk dinners of the Kongs with an assortment of banana based foods. I think K. Rool doesn't lend himself to having siblings, spouses, or children. I agree with BKupa here they should expand on his generals, K. Rool looks like the type who'd rather have competent lackeys than family members he has obligations to.

I'd like to see Krunch utilized in some way, seeings how he's one of the only named Kremling to not be in a game with K. Rool in it.

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet

As a fan of the Sonic Series, I think DK is certainly alright in how many Kongs that are relevant often enough to be considered family.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'd rather they not give K. Rool a kid even though the idea sounds interesting, I mean I like Bowser Jr. too and all but now it seems like Bowser himself is no longer as mean and sinister as he used to be (with Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 being an exception maybe), I mean he went from this:

BowserburnsMario.jpg

To this:

nsmb-u-bowser-jr-escape.jpg

I don't want the same happening to K. Rool either. I prefer the evil cold blooded reptile that he is with only one purpose, to destroy Donkey Kong.

cothero

Smash Lord
Almost 1,000!!!! By the way, i always loved the design they used in K. Rool's Melee trophy, it was so cool and muscular that i used to be upset because i really wanted him to be playable, the design was just badass and perfect for that game:

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Almost 1,000!!!! By the way, i always loved the design they used in K. Rool's Melee trophy, it was so cool and muscular that i used to be upset because i really wanted him to be playable, the design was just badass and perfect for that game:

It sucks the Rare buyout happened at that time, otherwise he and Diddy would've already been playable then and still would now(at least in K. Rool's case).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Shh.

This has also led to my theory that the Kremlings are slowly dying due to the loss of its power, and that's why they amped up their plans to search for the bananas, since as shown in Returns, they're capable of creating a form of life. And that the Tikis were the Kremlings creating them new physical bodies so they could come back into existence (and Tiki Tong is actually K. Rool, due to the eye infection both of them have).

Its a stupid theory and Retro will probably never go for it, but I think its cool. I mainly came up with the idea when I read how some thought Tiki Tong might've been K. Rool due to the infected eye.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
This has also led to my theory that the Kremlings are slowly dying due to the loss of its power, and that's why they amped up their plans to search for the bananas, since as shown in Returns, they're capable of creating a form of life. And that the Tikis were the Kremlings creating them new physical bodies so they could come back into existence (and Tiki Tong is actually K. Rool, due to the eye infection both of them have).

Its a stupid theory and Retro will probably never go for it, but I think its cool. I mainly came up with the idea when I read how some thought Tiki Tong might've been K. Rool due to the infected eye.
Probably not. Retro probably just thought: "hey! You know what would screw over DKC fans even more than a lack of Kremlings? A bunch of cameos and Easter eggs referencing them!" In all seriousness though, I doubt this theory is true.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
We must agree, Rare was a great loss to Nintendo, not just because of DK itself, but for all the other brilliant games they teamed up to produce.
But, didn't Nintendo still own 40% of the company or something at the time?

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
That trophy is so ungodly ugly.

And I'm not just talking the Rare design K. Rool (which is of itself not easy on the eyes, but that's the point).

Probably not. Retro probably just thought: "hey! You know what would screw over DKC fans even more than a lack of Kremlings? A bunch of cameos and Easter eggs referencing them!" In all seriousness though, I doubt this theory is true.
Oh wow, I didn't even realize Tiki Tong had an infected eye (the one opposite of K. Rool but still). I never played Returns and this is the first time I actually saw Tiki Tong.

Last edited:

Coolforkrool

Smash Rookie
We must agree, Rare was a great loss to Nintendo, not just because of DK itself, but for all the other brilliant games they teamed up to produce.
Yeh we would maybe rash zit and pimple as skins for a playable character, imagine that ISH. But I'll be satisfied to see that bulging eye.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Real villains aren't supposed to be pretty.
That's not what I meant. I meant the trophy was incredibly misshapen, with limbs awkwardly placed. Just look at the legs man!
That and his belly isn't round, it juts out strangely like he's pregnant rather than just fat, and the texture is uncanny.

@ TheGalaxyKnight TheGalaxyKnight weren't a lot of the models in melee a little... unsavory?
Yes, they were. This one stuck out though.

Top Bottom