• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Happy 1000 pages, K. Rool fans. If he got in, I'd like to see what Sakurai would come up with.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Despite the K. Rool from the show being a bit of an oddball design wise and the first time we seen a tail-less K. Rool (hence from then on the PAON design didn't have one either for some strange reason), this is one of the major ways people from around the world became endeared toward K. Rool.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
My same thoughts exactly but his character makes up for it.
Yea. I never played any of the original DKC games(returns being my first and only so far) but K.Rool seems like one of those villains who you can't help but enjoy his mere presence! K.Rool is big, bad and most importantly...

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Despite the K. Rool from the show being a bit of an oddball design wise and the first time we seen a tail-less K. Rool (hence from then on the PAON design didn't have one either for some strange reason), this is one of the major ways people from around the world became endeared toward K. Rool.
There's no official word on why the cartoon design lacks a tail and has a short cape, but I've seen fans theorize it was because of the difficulty in animating those items, combined with how animated (no pun intended) a character K. Rool is in the show. By comparison, the Kremlings with tails don't move around all that much.

Whether or not Paon took inspiration from the show is anyone's guess, since even though they had the technology to better animate the tail, it still would've been a hassle. If anything, Rare took more inspiration from the cartoon in DK64.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Wow....1000 pages....good job everyone! Pat yourselves on the back. It just may be our finest hour sooner than we think!

Here is a song to help you think about the days that have passed and the days yet to come, all in the memory of our King: (the best remix of our Kings theme imo) ENJOY!!!

The End ?

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Sorry if I'm late, but happy 1000 Pages and 40000 Posts! I do hope the great King of the Kremlings gets confirmed soon enough, though!

StormC

Smash Hero
Life's been busy for me the past while but I'm stoked that we passed such a huge benchmark. Any interesting news lately?

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
I was going to type this up on my computer but I forgot so wish me luck doing this on mobile.

Back in the days of Smash 4 speculation, I was against K Rool. It wasn't as bad as Ridley, who I guess I still don't care about that much, but I felt he was a bit of an overrated character to speculate. The only DK games I had played before were Mario Party, Smash, and Country returns, so I guess I never got that close to this character as I did with Isaac or Waddle Dee.

It wasn't until a little bit after DLC ballot stuff when I guess I made a turning point. I'm not sure what it was, but I guess maybe it was me looking at my list for characters I actually wanted for DLC and realizing how limited it was in size. That's when I started investigating the whole King K Rool case because I didn't only want like 7 characters to be clinging to in the entire speculation.

One thing I realize even now is that even though I've become a full out K Rool supporter, I barely know nothing about this character's abilities, back story, or anything. Literally it's been me on a bandwagon just trying to fit in with the crowd. Which is weird, because even when I don't have much input to give, I still feel like a devoted K Rool fan. Back when the Mii costume was announced, I might have just given up on following the hype train for this character, but there was that gut feeling in me telling me K Rool still has hope.

In the end, I guess what I got out of most and what I think a lot of people could learn too is that how close you are to a character is irrelevant. From my experiences, K Rool community is great, devoted, enthusiastic, and a group that you can literally just join. If you think a character shouldn't be in Smash because you don't know anything about that character, you should definitely think again. For a character with a huge following, there must be a reason behind that phenomenon. Lately I have chosen to be in support of characters like Andy, Krystal, or Chibi Robo even when I don't know anything about them. But if your only reason to not wanting a character is because you feel they're overrated or that you don't care about them, that's a mindset that you need to change now.

(You thought I would forget 1000 pages? Well, here's an edit to say congrats. ;))

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Congrats on a 1000 pages, fellow Kutthroats!

More than three years have gone by and we have stayed together through think and thin. We won't let these efforts be in vain. :)

:231:

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
40000 posts too?! Celebration time!

Just give me around an hour to mess around with Smash Bros and Splatoon and then I'll post my K. Rool moveset!

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
Kongratulatuons for the 1000 pages.:dkmelee::dkmelee::dkmelee:
They truly show how dedicated we are.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I wake up to see that you guys blazed past the 1000 page mark! Kongrats! Even though I joined the whole Smash Boards party late, I've been lurkin' this place for quite a while. As some one who has wanted K. Rool for years I will kontinue to support him until his konfirmation!

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
My 1000 page celebration. Internet issues kept me from page 1000, so here's to page 1,001. Kongrats guys! Glad to have been apart of this thread since April!

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Kongrats on a thousand pages you guys. Also I truly think we will get some Ballot related DLC Character news in the next direct(likely this month). They have been extremely quiet about the ballot, and I still think they've been taking feedback and numbers from the beginning and began work on characters far before now(likely back in June if those 2 Mario's in the code are any indication)

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Great job on reaching the 1000 page mark along with over 40,000 posts everyone.

Hopefully in the near future :4krool: becomes a reality.

Top Bottom