• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
I want you guys to know that starting today, I will be posting weekly themed pvp videos every thursday! Today is going to be "Brains vs Brawn!" When K.Rool gets confirmed, I will make a King vs Ape video!

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
K.Rool be so perfect for Smash right now given the recent "Rare resurgence" we're feeling right now.

-Rare Replay being released and celebrating the 30 year anniversary
-Battletoads in Shovel Knight
-Rash in Killer Instinct
-Conker in Project Spark
-Playtonic Games/Yooka-Laylee
-David Wise composing for both DKC:TF and an unknown Nintendo project.
-Donkey Kong Country series recent resurgence as well.
-K.Rool costume
-All the Rare developed DK games (besides DKRDS) being rereleased on the VC
-Phil Spencers recent comments about Banjo and Nintendo in general

This is the perfect opportunity to announce K.Rool while Rare is on everyones minds. Perfect opportunity to acknowledge Nintendo and Rare's past history together and celebrate 30 years of Rare only way Nintendo can possibly do by putting one of the few Rare created characters they own in Smash Bros.
Problems.
2 and 3. Not a new Battletoads game.
4. Not a new Conker game.
10. Doesn't really mean anything.

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
One thing I would really like to see in the future for king k rool is to introduce his wife. It was mentioned that he did have a wife, and i would love to see that character come into the DK universe. Like, whats a King without his Queen right? lol

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
One thing I would really like to see in the future for king k rool is to introduce his wife. It was mentioned that he did have a wife, and i would love to see that character come into the DK universe. Like, whats a King without his Queen right? lol
"And the "my wife's going to kill me" thing doesn't necessarily have to be relevant in any way as it's a typically throwaway Reeves and Mortimer reference. British comedy, eh? It's all a bit stupid, but what can you do?" - Rareware

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Queen K. Rool...
...something about that seems wrong. :drshrug:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
"And the "my wife's going to kill me" thing doesn't necessarily have to be relevant in any way as it's a typically throwaway Reeves and Mortimer reference. British comedy, eh? It's all a bit stupid, but what can you do?" - Rareware
i like the idea of it though

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So what do you guys plan on doing first when K. Rool is released?
Practice practice practice. I intend for K. Rool to be a main for me on level with Bowser, DK and Dedede, and I've done a lot of practice with them, so there's ground to make up.

This is, of course, after the cheering and rewatching his reveal trailer stops.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Six and seven, time to learn a lesson!

Come on, guys, go and vote for him!

I get it, I get it, I will say that I'm in! But how can I be sure that King K. Rool may win?

I wouldn't say k rool jr. Since k rool is a king... I think the name of his son should be..... Prince Kruel :)
I'd have to agree, though I would say that it would be Prince K. Rool to me.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Six and seven, time to learn a lesson!

Come on, guys, go and vote for him!

I get it, I get it, I will say that I'm in! But how can I be sure that King K. Rool may win?

I'd have to agree, though I would say that it would be Prince K. Rool to me.
prince kruelie/kruely? lol

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
Having the idea of K. Rool's son I drew him and I'm giving him the name "Kid K. Rool"
Screenshot (9).png

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So, I decided to take the K. Rool costume and play matches against the dark green palette swap for Bowser, as well as Dedede, to compare textures on the scaly skin and gold, respectively.

My findings were that the color of the dark green skin on the costume matches that of dark green Bowser almost perfectly, but there's a distinct 'shiny' feel to the costume's skin...it has the appearance of being slick and slimy, whereas Bowser's appears drier and more coarse. With Dedede, his gold is much brighter than K. Rool's, which almost has a bronze appearance in comparison.

Before release, I remember thinking that those textures would be re-used for a playable K. Rool model, but I guess that didn't end up happening. The costume has textures all its own, for worse or for better.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
For names of a K. Rool son, how about Prince K. Krooler, or Prince K.V. Krool? (The V stands for very, by the way.)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So, I decided to take the K. Rool costume and play matches against the dark green palette swap for Bowser, as well as Dedede, to compare textures on the scaly skin and gold, respectively.

My findings were that the color of the dark green skin on the costume matches that of dark green Bowser almost perfectly, but there's a distinct 'shiny' feel to the costume's skin...it has the appearance of being slick and slimy, whereas Bowser's appears drier and more coarse. With Dedede, his gold is much brighter than K. Rool's, which almost has a bronze appearance in comparison.

Before release, I remember thinking that those textures would be re-used for a playable K. Rool model, but I guess that didn't end up happening. The costume has textures all its own, for worse or for better.
That...is a very distinct detail. Good on ya, Sakurai!

It definitely demonstrates that a decent modicum of effort was put into the costume. It wasn't just slapped together at the last minute for a quick buck - again, for better or for worse.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Man, putting all that effort into a damn costume. Talk about wasted effort.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
How about a daughter instead of a son. You know, just for a change.
Maybe Kremlings adhere to a patriarchal society and exile their female kin from positions of authority in favour of service as breeders for new Kremlings. We know they're a very militaristic culture and the only female Kremling seen in-game are Kalypso and Kass.

Damn that'd be some hella deep lore. Kremlings are cold-blooded indeed.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Practice practice practice. I intend for K. Rool to be a main for me on level with Bowser, DK and Dedede, and I've done a lot of practice with them, so there's ground to make up.

This is, of course, after the cheering and rewatching his reveal trailer stops.
Points* Sparring partner?

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Hello all of you! Long time lurker and K. Rool fan here, and I've been showing support for K. Rool via the Miiverse picture contest and other sites. I think the next step to show my support for K. Rool is to become an ''official'' Kutthroat here on this site. (First one to song me wins a cookie)

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hello all of you! Long time lurker and K. Rool fan here, and I've been showing support for K. Rool via the Miiverse picture contest and other sites. I think the next step to show my support for K. Rool is to become an ''official'' Kutthroat here on this site. (First one to song me wins a cookie)

Welcome, ye scurvy kroc!

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Oh gosh, that thing is hideous. O.O
I think you might have misread that post, my good man. It clearly says that it is beautiful :p.
Avast!

Edit how about "so nice I did it twice?"

Last edited:
Top Bottom