• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
@ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia , have i ever told you that should try to do others characters as well? just an idea.

I gotta say, that K.Rool fanart looks so legit and well done.
That's depends; ^^".. I need source material before anything, of course (something that, at least, looks convincing in a mockup). I made a lot of these for Pac-Man and Ryu (before their confirmations). But, of course, I need to be a supporter of said character too, XD..

and thanks for the compliment; .. Thank you everyone! (I'd quote all, but the post would be a little big); --I'm really glad.
I'll try my best with the Kolors. =D

deleted

Smash Cadet
Um I'm not sure if anyone has ever mentioned this but what if k rool had a really fast get up animation based on his playing dead you know for baiting opponents

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Um I'm not sure if anyone has ever mentioned this but what if k rool had a really fast get up animation based on his playing dead you know for baiting opponents
I'd like him to have a 'playing dead' taunt; (Down Taunt, preferentially, as I suggested in my Moveset Proposal);... He'd lay on the ground by the press of the Button, and would just get up if you press the Up Button on the D-Pad or something else; This could be useful for dodging attacks coming from a neutral animation of opponents (like side attacks, projectiles and such), and maybe you could take the advantage to attack while laying down with short path to doing down tilts, without having to press the stick down. (I think that Lei from Tekken has something like that, with a 'drunk' battle style).

deleted

Smash Cadet
I'd like him to have a 'playing dead' taunt; (Down Taunt, preferentially, as I suggested in my Moveset Proposal);... He'd lay on the ground by the press of the Button, and would just get up if you press the Up Button on the D-Pad or something else; This could be useful for dodging attacks coming from a neutral animation of opponents (like side attacks, projectiles and such), and maybe you could take the advantage to attack while laying down with short path to doing down tilts, without having to press the stick down. (I think that Lei from Tekken has something like that, with a 'drunk' battle style).
Thats actually a cool idea for it tho i have a thought of playing dead would have invisibility frames on the first hit or maybe he can grab out of it just a thought

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
There you go; -- My attempt to do justice to his original design; I tried my best. (the belly reflection didn't end very well for my tastes); But I hope you guys enjoy!

I was going to make a HUD and percentage, but I thought would be nicer this simpler; probably I'll make the Alt. Colors though;

and here is the individual render; (and below for the comparison, the Paon one I made before);

You are one talented man.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I remember Dr Bosconovitch from either Tekken II or Tekken III fighting largely on the ground by rolling around; he was an absolute nightmare.

I agree, playing dead works as a taunt. I would hope for something trollish like an evil laugh or "Yeah! Thank you!" as at least one of the taunts though.

D

Deleted member

It's January 15th of 2016, Wolf has been already released to the public.

People are watching the Jan 15th 2016 Direct:

"...........and those are the ballot newcomers:Isaac, Bandanna Dee and Paper Mario. Thank you for waiting, and thanks for voting!."

And then the Direct ends......and shows the Kredits?

Konding------------Klap Trap
Kharacters--------Krusha
Koloring------------Kritter
Koncept------------Klump
Kommander------Mii fighters?

The End?

And then a gaint Krockodile hand appears and rips out the kredits just like Hades in Uprising.

"Oh,how could i forget."
-Sakurai

KING K.ROOL:
KRASHES THE PARTY

Last edited by a moderator:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
It's January 15th of 2016, Wolf has been already released to the public.

People are watching the Jan 15th 2016 Direct:

"...........and those are the ballot newcomers:Isaac, Bandanna Dee and Paper Mario. Thank your for waiting, and thanks for voting!.""

And then the Direct ends......and shows the Kredits?

Konding------------Klap Trap
Kharacters--------Krusha
Koloring------------Kritter
Koncept------------Klump
Kommander------Mii fighters?

The End?

And then a gaint Krockodile had appears and rips out the kredits just like Hades in Uprising.

"Oh,how could i forget."
-Sakurai

KING K.ROOL:
KRASHES THE PARTY
When you want this to be true so bad.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
There you go; -- My attempt to do justice to his original design; I tried my best. (the belly reflection didn't end very well for my tastes); But I hope you guys enjoy!

I was going to make a HUD and percentage, but I thought would be nicer this simpler; probably I'll make the Alt. Colors though;

and here is the individual render; (and below for the comparison, the Paon one I made before);

Yeah I'm a bit late to tell you this but that is incredible. I love how you did both the rare design and the paon. If I had to say what his size would be, it would be like this one. Keep it up!

D

Deleted member

Do you remember that artist that drew King K.Rool with Isaac's skull? I didn't like it but......

Do you think we could request her to Draw K.Rool standing on a defeated and badly beaten Mii with a K.Rool costume?

Are there any K.Rool haters popping recently?

Gotta

Smash Rookie
Hey, lurker here. Made an account just for this kampaign here and for a daily reminder that it's not over until Sakurai, the man himself speaks on the matter or when the ballot is over.

Keep on supporting, hoping and voting! Our krock overlord might get his time to smash one day.

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Hey, lurker here. Made an account just for this campaign here and for a daily reminder that it's not over until Sakurai, the man himself speaks on the matter or when the ballot is over.

Keep on supporting, hoping and voting! Our krock overlord might get his time to smash one day.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This is amazing. Think you can make one of K. Rool and the Kongs on one of the jungle stages too?

Twitter LOVES these images. @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia , your model is at a record 106 RTs and 98 favorites on the Kampaign account (and still getting more). The support in the wake of his costume has absolutely gone up, we just have to make sure it translates into votes and not just Internet noise.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Am I the only one sitting here wondering WHY exactly they used the model they did for the costume? I know it was discussed that the design could be ripped form an actual character model BUT, why EXACTLY did they go for the gold belly, big gold crown, and blue gem from the cape? I'm torn between this being his next Donkey Kong in-game appearance OR Smash Bros. Appearance, I can't see it being any other way. They wouldn't combine both designs INTENTIONALLY if this is all we were going to see of King K. Rool. At least it doesn't feel like they would? :alien:

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Every single Kong and Animal Buddy Retro has brought back has used a modified version of their Paon design. Based on that, along with the team's seeming refusal to contact Retro about their future plans, I'm almost sure this isn't his design from a future DKC.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
This is amazing. Think you can make one of K. Rool and the Kongs on one of the jungle stages too?

Twitter LOVES these images. @ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia , your model is at a record 106 RTs and 98 favorites on the Kampaign account (and still getting more). The support in the wake of his costume has absolutely gone up, we just have to make sure it translates into votes and not just Internet noise.
That's great! I'm really happy that my humble gesture is helping out! =)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Am I the only one sitting here wondering WHY exactly they used the model they did for the costume? I know it was discussed that the design could be ripped form an actual character model BUT, why EXACTLY did they go for the gold belly, big gold crown, and blue gem from the cape? I'm torn between this being his next Donkey Kong in-game appearance OR Smash Bros. Appearance, I can't see it being any other way. They wouldn't combine both designs INTENTIONALLY if this is all we were going to see of King K. Rool. At least it doesn't feel like they would? :alien:
Whats the password to the tounrey?
Can i join now?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
@ SuperiorYoshi87 SuperiorYoshi87 http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/ask Is where you have to create your ticket which is an email itself, I chose wii u -> Purchases & Downloads -> Can't find downloadable content for my ticket.
Thank you, I just submitted a ticket basically saying that while I like the costume I am displeased at the real character himself not being available for purchase. In so many words.

Hopefully others will contact them aswell. If enough of commotion is made hopefully it will help seal the deal.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Just thought about something....
There are people claiming, thar popularity alone does not justify a smash inclusion....
I have a big counter argument::4dk: He just punches and has generic gorilla moves, still he is in Smash and no one would question this.

All I want to say is that i think people just hate popular charcters, because their characters are not that popular.
To justify the inclusion of their character, they are using the argument, that characters like K Rool are not unique enough and that this is the reason why they are not in Smash yet.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
I've been a member since 2010, though I've never made my first post until now. I am honored to make my first post on this thread with my full support for King K. Rool. He has always been my favorite villain since childhood, and I am saddened that Nintendo has not done much with the Kremling King since 2008. I am pleased that King K. Rool is a costume, for it fuels my hopes for King K. Rool to be reinstated into the video game world further, and I support King K. Rool to krash his way into Super Smash Brothers for 3DS and Wii U's Smash Ballot. Krock The Vote!

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I've been a member since 2010, though I've never made my first post until now. I am honored to make my first post on this thread with my full support for King K. Rool. He has always been my favorite villain since childhood, and I am saddened that Nintendo has not done much with the Kremling King since 2008. I am pleased that King K. Rool is a costume, for it fuels my hopes for King K. Rool to be reinstated into the video game world further, and I support King K. Rool to krash his way into Super Smash Brothers for 3DS and Wii U's Sash Ballot. Krock The Vote!
Welkome aboard.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hopefully others will contact them aswell. If enough of commotion is made hopefully it will help seal the deal.
This. Even though the responses themselves are pre-written, they take note of everything they receive for marketing purposes. The more emails and even physical letters that get sent in featuring K. Rool, the more Nintendo starts to realize "Oh boy, we screwed up when cast this character aside. Tanabe and Miyamoto should have never asked Retro if the Kremlings 'really need to come back.'"

I imagine they're already questioning this course of action thanks to the ballot alone.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Holy crap, we are getting more support than ever.

Sure! I've never uploaded my own screencaps before but I can try my best.

PiChuChu

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing that the next batch of DLC would be sometime in August or September. It took about 2 months for Lucas, Roy, and Ryu to come after Mewtwo was first released. According to this (excuse for a) pattern, new DLC characters should come out on August 13-15. Precisely, however, it took 46 days, so they may also come out around September 29th.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'm guessing that the next batch of DLC would be sometime in August or September. It took about 2 months for Lucas, Roy, and Ryu to come after Mewtwo was first released. According to this (excuse for a) pattern, new DLC characters should come out on August 13-15. Precisely, however, it took 46 days, so they may also come out around September 29th.
RoyULucas were all worked on before the ballot/pre ballot
You dont know how.long they took but certainly more than 2 months

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No, it'll probably be October (or LATE September) when another character is released. They probably skipped a month this time, because in general since Mewtwo, they've had one update every two months. Yes, Mewtwo came out a tiny bit early for those who got Mewtwo free, but when Mewtwo officially came out they also released an update with the first batch of Mii fighter costumes.

They simply didn't have a character this update, the next one will probably be late September to mid October, probably around the time the ballot ends if anything, and that's when they'd have a new update with a character, Mii Fighter costumes, and maybe new stages. They could announce them in August, though.

Top Bottom