• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I've still got faith in K.Rool, but I've got to study, otherwise I won't have much faith in my religion exam tomorrow.
Ah ha, you my friend have all the jokes. Also who has a religion exam? Like seriously?

I gave King K. Rool about a 95% chance of getting in. That's been lowered to like 75% now. No one in my book is over King K. Rool in chances. I lowered everyone else's chances to accommodate for King K. Rooll actually.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I'm still sure K.Rool has a high chance. I'm of the camp that the costume is simply a taste of what's to come; besides, the ballot isn't even over yet.

Last edited:

CardboardedBox

Smash Rookie
It's suggested that the mii outfit is just a troll. If Sakurai is playing his cards right, he can get extremely creative with this, and model it after the way Rool acts.

I could be clinging onto false hopes here, but King K Rool tends act like he's defeated, only to jump right back, taking unsuspecting people by surprise.

Everyone thinks King K Rool is down and out because of the mii. But could he jump back and take us by surprise?

Have to wait till October to find out.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
My email conversation with Nintendo Customer Support. I felt the NEED to email them regarding K. Rool and this is what I got back. Hopefully this will bring some bright to K. Rool's situation as dlc for some of you today, however I DO urge you guys to send emails to their customer support to show them HOW TERRIBLY we want K. Rool in Smash as DLC. The more emails they receive the more priority and common the message will become!

My Message:
Hello, I am making this email because I love the King K. Rool costume for Smash Bros. Wii U. However I would LOVE if serious consideration could be taken into making King K. Rool a playable character in Super Smash bros. as DLC. I and thousands of others have waited over a decade for K. Rool to enter Smash Bros. as a fighter and with the Smash Bros. ballot being a more, vague, way of voicing your opinion, I wanted to share my opinion to somewhere direct. King K. Rool would make an AMAZING figher as a villain and heavyweight. Donkey Kong also needs more representatives. For I and the thousands of others I truly hope this email gets read with understanding!

Thank you.

Response:
Hello,

Thanks for writing. We appreciate you taking the time to send us your comments and suggestions regarding the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS roster. I’ll make sure that what you said about adding King K. Rool as a fighter will be forwarded, so your feedback will be heard. While I can’t guarantee that we’ll make the type of changes you suggested, we do take all feedback into consideration.

You can be sure that Nintendo is constantly at work developing new and exciting product and game ideas. Keep checking our website's “What’s New” section (http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) for the latest information and announcements.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
*Name of employee*

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

An interesting Response if I may say so myself.

Last edited:

CardboardedBox

Smash Rookie
Whew. You had me worried there for a second when I saw that you sent a message to nintendo about Rool and got a response. Because most people would have made a really whiny complaint. You worded your message perfectly and intelligently. That's a good thing for them to be seeing in their mailbox. Would possibly make them think higher of King K Rool fans.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

An interesting Response if I may say so myself.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'm noticing places where my typing/grammar could've been more correct but I'm sure they got the idea :bubblebobble:! And thanks!
@ CardboardedBox CardboardedBox
Where's you find an Email address I can't seem to find one.....please let me know I'll also email them!

I hope others do the same! If I had a Twitter I'd tweet Nintendo, NoA, Sakurai, Reggie, etc. Where's K. Rool? We don't just want a costume lol

Dedede is not the villain of the Kirby series...he shouldn't be their.
He's been the antagonist in most Kirby games......besides in current Smash he's as close to villains that your gonna get aside from Bowser, Ganondorf, and Jr.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Antagonist is a stretch..He's only played an evil role in 3 games...
You can be an antagonist without being evil!

Regardless, the point is those are the four most iconic boss characters in the game, and they're all kings. Four Trouble Kings.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

Regardless, the point is those are the four most iconic boss characters in the game, and they're all kings. Four Trouble Kings.
Yes aside from that nitty gritty stuff in which I don't need to go into detail on it gets it's point across well (even tho the scenery could be better)

StormC

Smash Hero
Also, I didn't take the initial screencap. I just pasted the K. Rool model over it. :p

When it comes to Smash nemesis characters, refer to this post.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Come to think of it, I wonder why Dixie didn't get a Mii costume? They could have easily given her outfit and a yellow ponytail for the Mii. They already made a monkey outfit for the Mii's, so a slight alteration of that for Dixie would have been easy to do.

King K. Rool getting a Mii costume for the meantime because the character won't be completed to 2016, perhaps? Maybe its a way to satisfy people for the meantime, implying a full character is coming.
What's to say Dixie can't get a Mii costume later? They're constantly releasing them. I'd be shocked if Dixie didn't get a Mii costume later on down the road.

I've recently got scared again that, should K. Rool be playable, that Sakurai might try to get creative with his specials. Everybody seems to be in agreement about how they should be a neutral b kannonball from his blunderbuss, a side b krown toss, and an up b kopter, with some grey area with the down b. What if sakurai switches the side and neutral, or does something "unique" with the neutral b? I feel like the side and up are obvious to even him, but even them I'm a little worried that he might find something else. I like the idea of, should the neutral be a kannonball, hitting b again to alternate it from a spiky kannonball, to a grabbable smooth kannonball, to a spiky still kannonball again, etc., but I wouldn't blame him if he didn't go that far, or if it simply didn't occur to him. I'd be fine with a generic "charge shot" kannonball attack.
I don't think anyone should be scared. Odds are extremely likely K. Rool will NOT end up being exactly the way we predict he will. With Sakurai's desire for unique gimmicks, for example, I really feel like most of K. Rool's moveset would revolve around the blunderbuss, with only a few attacks not directly relying on it. There's so many unique things that the blunderbuss brings to the table. And truthfully, there's not much that can be done with his kopter recovery; in fact, he might even just make the kopter his second jump instead with a blunderbuss recovery (perhaps his fire sliding from DKC2, but vertical instead).

On the topic of Sakurai mentioning K. Rool in the Famitsu column: Do you think that there's any chance that he'll say what we all want to believe, that the K. Rool mii outfit absolutely doesn't exclude K. Rool from winning the ballot and becoming a character?
No, because that would give away K. Rool appearing later. There's no way he'd say that. He'll try and dance around the subject, or he'll not bring it up at all. The best things we can hope for is him not saying anything at all, or just saying "Mii Fighters are a separate thing and aren't tied to playable characters at all."

This. An antagonist is simply an opponent in the storyline. Dedede is hardly villainous, he's just a greedy *******. In most Kirby games, Dedede is an antagonist, and he's considered the main antagonist of the Kirby series by Sakurai. There's just some games where he's not a full antagonist, or is even an outright protagonist.

Likewise, you can be a protagonist and be downright EVIL, this is referred to as a "Villain Protagonist."

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
There you go; -- My attempt to do justice to his original design; I tried my best. (the belly reflection didn't end very well for my tastes); But I hope you guys enjoy!

I was going to make a HUD and percentage, but I thought would be nicer this simpler; probably I'll make the Alt. Colors though;

and here is the individual render; (and below for the comparison, the Paon one I made before);

When I woke up this morning and checked Facebook I initially saw this posted by the K Rool Facebook page. I can't deal with emotional roller coaster like this that early in the morning.

Serious props though, it looks incredible. Can't wait for the recolours. @ BKupa666 BKupa666 should consider putting this in the OP.

Last edited:

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
My question is, what character would actually make a great stage boss? You know like Ridley, the yellow demon or Metalface.
I personally think Tiki Tong would do a great job xD
Or maybe even Pirate Master, the final Boss of Shantae

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
My question is, what character would actually make a great stage boss? You know like Ridley, the yellow demon or Metalface.
I personally think Tiki Tong would do a great job xD
Or maybe even Pirate Master, the final Boss of Shantae
I feel Tiki would probably be a bit too close to Master/Crazy Hand to be put in; kind of like Wham Bam Rock from the Kirby series.

I'm a big fan of Bashmaster from Tropical Freeze; if there's any character Retro have created that they bring forward further into the series and/or gets put into Smash in some form it's him.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
Well he was at 0% when I broke his shield (IE he could regain his composure (He was Sonic) in a matter of seconds while I was taunting twice) but he wasn't moving an inch
So he probably chucked his controller somewhere and started swearing to everything :drshrug:
C'mon, Tournament People! You gotta Be Prepared for equipment!
s/o to @ BKupa666 BKupa666 for the Be Prepared video
Now I want Jeremy Irons as K. Rool's official voice actor.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Ah ha, you my friend have all the jokes. Also who has a religion exam? Like seriously?

I gave King K. Rool about a 95% chance of getting in. That's been lowered to like 75% now. No one in my book is over King K. Rool in chances. I lowered everyone else's chances to accommodate for King K. Rooll actually.
When you attend a Catholic school, it's compulsory. And that joke was both coincidental and perfect. This is my last comment tonight, Kutthroats. Back to more study before bed.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
So... This day has come...

I have spent the past days and nights ramming through this thread since the Mii costume announcement. And as I did, well, something deep awakened in me, something I wouldn't have thought to be possible. That special something is... the realization of how great a character King K. Rool is, as well as the need to fully support him for Smash DLC! At last, here I come!

Now I feel like I'm supporting nearly any popular DLC candidates here on SmashBoards, with the exceptions of Lip, Daisy and Krystal (which I had to jump off the ship of recently).

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

I have spent the past days and nights ramming through this thread since the Mii costume announcement. And as I did, well, something deep awakened in me, something I wouldn't have thought to be possible. That special something is... the realization of how great a character King K. Rool is, as well as the need to fully support him for Smash DLC! At last, here I come!

Now I feel like I'm supporting nearly any popular DLC candidates here on SmashBoards, with the exceptions of Lip, Daisy and Krystal (which I had to jump off the ship of recently).
Welkome, Kutthroat!!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I love to see the momentum you guys are bringing to the table!

It's like the Mii costume actually sparked something in all of us, instead of bringing despair.

Also Holy Moly that render is amazing! I love this community T_T

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Where's you find an Email address I can't seem to find one.....please let me know I'll also email them!

I hope others do the same! If I had a Twitter I'd tweet Nintendo, NoA, Sakurai, Reggie, etc. Where's K. Rool? We don't just want a costume lol

He's been the antagonist in most Kirby games......besides in current Smash he's as close to villains that your gonna get aside from Bowser, Ganondorf, and Jr.
I need to make a new Club Nintendo account; the record they have of me leads to me being reprimanded every time I call to say something similar to, "I missed every prize for the end of Club Nintendo as I was out of the country for majority and now I'm angry."

I'm in the black folder.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@CyberWolfJV TheGuy07, have i ever told you that should try to do others characters as well? just an idea.

I gotta say, that K.Rool fanart looks so legit and well done.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace

Ya, I understand with Krystal, quite a few of her supporters like her, but tend to be negative, and take anything as a slight or a reason to bash or belittle starfox in general. I can think she's a good idea, but her fanbase isn't a fun one to hang with, unlike the Kremlings.

You know, something interesting pointed out to me, meant to be a negative, but I actually find interesting is the fact that K.Rool's moveset could be pulled almost entirely from game moves and is 'predictable'. While this was meant as slight, it does make me think, will Sakurai go with accurate moves and portrayal, or will he decide to take the king in an unexpected direction? In the DLC at least, we've only had one newcomer so far, that being Ryu, and he is extremely game-accurate within the context of smash, but he is from a fighting game. Well some food for thought

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Ya, I understand with Krystal, quite a few of her supporters like her, but tend to be negative, and take anything as a slight or a reason to bash or belittle starfox in general. I can think she's a good idea, but her fanbase isn't a fun one to hang with, unlike the Kremlings.

You know, something interesting pointed out to me, meant to be a negative, but I actually find interesting is the fact that K.Rool's moveset could be pulled almost entirely from game moves and is 'predictable'. While this was meant as slight, it does make me think, will Sakurai go with accurate moves and portrayal, or will he decide to take the king in an unexpected direction? In the DLC at least, we've only had one newcomer so far, that being Ryu, and he is extremely game-accurate within the context of smash, but he is from a fighting game. Well some food for thought
I expect that all of his specials, if he gets in, will probably have been discussed at some point during this thread.

Tilts, Smashes, Aerials? These have the potential to be more surprising though I still think it's a wasted opportunity if he doesn't box.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
Ahem Ahem, Robo Kremling from DK64 in the Frantic Factory.
OHH man, that just reminded me. I absolutely loved how much character the minions had in DK64, what with their idling animations and such. The Klockworks (as I like to call them, think their actual name is Krobot) sometimes stopped to turn the keys in their backs, Klump would try to eat his orange grenades and inflate when they exploded, Kosha would struggle to lift the massive spiked club he drags around, Klobber would poke his head out of the barrel and look around...I always enjoyed standing back and scoping in on 'em with my coconut gun just to watch them fiddle around.

Plz do a 8 player smash with this but add mewtwo and metaknight and possibly wario.

Wolf should be there too..

And Ridley.. :/
8-Player Match with Bowser, K. Rool, Ganondorf, Ridley, Kamek, King Dedede, Wolf and Mewtwo would be awesome. Too bad we most likely won't get Ridley and Kamek....

Top Bottom