• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
On the topic of Sakurai mentioning K. Rool in the Famitsu column: Do you think that there's any chance that he'll say what we all want to believe, that the K. Rool mii outfit absolutely doesn't exclude K. Rool from winning the ballot and becoming a character?

Bananija

Count of Trickery
On the topic of Sakurai mentioning K. Rool in the Famitsu column: Do you think that there's any chance that he'll say what we all want to believe, that the K. Rool mii outfit absolutely doesn't exclude K. Rool from winning the ballot and becoming a character?
I think that he will either deconfirm him or say nothing.

StormC

Smash Hero
At best he'll say something like "the Mii costumes were decided upon before the ballot," or "I decide on these character costumes unrelated to DLC characters."

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
He'll either say nothing or deconfirm him.
It'll either be "We wanted to include this character due to fan request so we made this costume blah blah blah" or nothing, imo.

D

Deleted member

Remember when i mentioned in the Bandanna Dee thread that i wanted Bandanna Dee to have a GIANT LAZER BAZOOKA OF DEATH and moustache?

I also want King K.Rool to have a lazer bazooka and moustache, but i also want him to have Joseph Joestar as his animal buddy (think of Rambi but with Joseph's head) Can somebody photoshop it please?

Yes im joking thank you very much.

Anyway, another question:
¿If you had to make a new Kremling type of enemy, what would it be and why?

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
everyone needs to wear the costume for the tournament though. or have the hat on lol

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I submitted a new ballot vote eariler today

''King K Rool has so much more to offer in Smash than being a Mii costume. Please add King K Rool as his own playable fighter. If the ballot is supossed to be fanservice, then King K Rool would be a great pick as many fans have been wanting him for years. He has so much moveset potential from his various appearances. He has access to a blunderbuss, which can be used to shoot cannonballs and various gases. He also has gadgets to control electric, summon a robot and a helicopter pack. This is the character the fans have fallen in love with, he cant be represented properly by just a Mii costume."

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Personally if K. Rool has no chance I'd rather know now so I can stop caring about the ballot lol.

I only want 3 characters

K. Rool
Banjo
Dixie

In that order.
Banjo has 0 chance
Dixie is my fallback from Rool.

If Rools out than I'm done with speculation and hope Dixie will get in.

I won't be done with the Kutthroats though ill be working to see K. Rool in DKC again!

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I think we should all just be patient. I doubt that they will have us wait untill October before giving us anymore characters. I think we will at least get one character between now and October. I think it'll be like the previous batch of characters. 1 prior to the rest followed by 3 others.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I won't be done with the Kutthroats though ill be working to see K. Rool in DKC again!
You know, it was quite nice to see K. Rool credited as being from the Donkey Kong series in the Mii costume trailer, rather than them specifying the Donkey Kong Country titles as the subject and somehow pigeonholing him.

I mean, given how they seem to have worked so hard to keep him out altogether for a while, that just felt like such a nice turnaround.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I think we should all just be patient. I doubt that they will have us wait untill October before giving us anymore characters. I think we will at least get one character between now and October. I think it'll be like the previous batch of characters. 1 prior to the rest followed by 3 others.
I agree I think we will see a character late August or mid September.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I agree I think we will see a character late August or mid September.
At this point I really only see
King K Rool
Wolf
Issac
as the top 3 characters that may be revealed

Young Link
Ivysaur
Squirtle
Snake
Pichu
Daisy
are the next 6 that I see as possibilities

Thats only my guesstimation tho

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You know, it was quite nice to see K. Rool credited as being from the Donkey Kong series in the Mii costume trailer, rather than them specifying the Donkey Kong Country titles as the subject and somehow pigeonholing him.

I mean, given how they seem to have worked so hard to keep him out altogether for a while, that just felt like such a nice turnaround.
Yeah, the 'Donkey Kong' label and the jungle music made it seem just as though the costume was there to represent the series, rather than to be some great prize for K. Rool fans specifically.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, the 'Donkey Kong' label and the jungle music made it seem just as though the costume was there to represent the series, rather than to be some great prize for K. Rool fans specifically.
Yeah. And they keep making a big deal of "Smash X Whatever" with these Mii costume introduction videos - it does strongly give off the impression that they intend them for making references to various series, more so than to individual characters.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
There you go; -- My attempt to do justice to his original design; I tried my best. (the belly reflection didn't end very well for my tastes); But I hope you guys enjoy!

I was going to make a HUD and percentage, but I thought would be nicer this simpler; probably I'll make the Alt. Colors though;

and here is the individual render; (and below for the comparison, the Paon one I made before);

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Remember when i mentioned in the Bandanna Dee thread that i wanted Bandanna Dee to have a GIANT LAZER BAZOOKA OF DEATH and moustache?

I also want King K.Rool to have a lazer bazooka and moustache, but i also want him to have Joseph Joestar as his animal buddy (think of Rambi but with Joseph's head) Can somebody photoshop it please?

Yes im joking thank you very much.

Anyway, another question:
¿If you had to make a new Kremling type of enemy, what would it be and why?
A Khameleon. They can blend in with the background which I think would make a cool enemy.
There you go; -- My attempt to do justice to his original design; I tried my best. (the belly reflection didn't end very well for my tastes); But I hope you guys enjoy!

I was going to make a HUD and percentage, but I thought would be nicer this simpler; probably I'll make the Alt. Colors though;

and here is the individual render; (and below for the comparison, the Paon one I made before);

You should mix them. (I really just want to see a Rare K. Rool with lighter scales that PAON had. And the blue gem. and the small crown.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Great work, dude! I like that K.Rool has shadow, nice attention to detail.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Holy hell that looks awesome.

Mind if I post that on Tumblr? I'll credit you.
Sure, go ahead! ^^ Glad you liked!

You should mix them. (I really just want to see a Rare K. Rool with lighter scales that PAON had. And the blue gem. and the small crown.
Well, it's already kinda mixed; the proportions was done under the Paon design (Rare K. Rool has much thinner and long arms), but taking the Mii Kostume as reference, it's probably like this he'll look at the game (but better, =P);

Great work, dude! I like that K.Rool has shadow, nice attention to detail.
Thanks a lot! =D

Last edited:

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95

That's a really good King K. Rool render, nice job!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

I've gotta admit; that's awesome! For some dumb reason though, I have a bad feeling that one of those clickbait websites or something is going to think that's real and post about it. XD

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman

That looks so good.
I feel like he'd be a little bigger though? Well not BIGGER, but less "squished" I guess. Something about him looks very squished for some reason.
Either way, it looks absolutely fantastic.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

Wow!!!! That's freakin awesome!! Dude. I need this NOW!!!!!!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I mentioned this yesterday, but I decided that we should actually do it because it's something to do- I just set up a K.Rool supporters tourney.

Name: K.ROOL TOURNEY
ID: 28995344928794
Password: kutthroat
Date: Starts in 15 minutes and lasts until the third
Stages: Battlefield, Mario Circuit, Mario Circuit (Brawl), Jungle Hijinx, Kongo Jungle (64)
Items: Smash Ball, Containers, Banana Peel, Trampoline, Hammer
Rules: 2 Stock (4 Minutes)
Max Participants: 100

Seeing as we've discussed everything to death, this could be fun.
I've decided to take part in the tourney. I'll be using MiInK.ROOL for these battles. Best of luck to all of you!

StormC

Smash Hero
That looks so good.
I feel like he'd be a little bigger though? Well not BIGGER, but less "squished" I guess. Something about him looks very squished for some reason.
I like this mockup @AncientTobacco posted.

Marioverse characters always vary hugely in size.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I've gotta admit; that's awesome! For some dumb reason though, I have a bad feeling that one of those clickbait websites or something is going to think that's real and post about it. XD

It's not my intention; but I'll be proud if actually happen. XD.. and thanks!

That looks so good.
according to my 'not-so-accurate' size comparison that I made before, he's already even a bit taller than Bowser ('cause the crown)... But thanks a lot you too! ^^

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Excellent! Though I think I visualize him adopting a more Bowser-like stance, where he's facing the camera more. But still, you made me double-take when I was scrolling.

Looks great.

Top Bottom