• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Do you think the reason why no character came this wave of DLC because Sakurai really isnt working on any1...just stages and costumes and hes waiting till october for the results to start making who won?
Thatds stupid..

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Do you think the reason why no character came this wave of DLC because Sakurai really isnt working on any1...just stages and costumes and hes waiting till october for the results to start making who won?
Thatds stupid..
They're deifnately working on characters, no mistaking that, it was already stated that NOT MANY dlc stages are going to happen, period.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Thatds stupid..
It definitely does seem that we're done with pre-ballot though. We've got those two remaining 'Mario' slots, so that might be it. If we got those last two slots filled this month, that means we have as many DLC as they want later; now it really only looks like we get those two and that's it.

Competition has gotten tight.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Thatds stupid..
No, they're definitely working on characters, I think they're just waiting for the right time to announce them. And... well, do keep in mind that it takes a while to finish them. I still think they planned to release Roy this month, but released him early due to the leak.

They're deifnately working on characters, no mistaking that, it was already stated that NOT MANY dlc stages are going to happen, period.
I do think they are working on more stages. I'm not sure if they'll make Melee stages or not, but I think they'll probably do at least two new stages.

How many more DLC characters do you guys think we'll get?
There's currently a "Character Bundle 1" on the Smash Bros. DLC page with the first four characters. I think there's going to be four more characters to fill out "Character Bundle 2." I think we'll get, at best, one third-party, and I see a slim chance of that happening.

It definitely does seem that we're done with pre-ballot though. We've got those two remaining 'Mario' slots, so that might be it. If we got those last two slots filled this month, that means we have as many DLC as they want later; now it really only looks like we get those two and that's it.

Competition has gotten tight.
I see an extremely slim chance of this. The two slots mean nothing at all. At best they mean there's no less than two, at best, but I'm positive at this point we've got four. Those slots did not exist before that update. They just added a bunch of slots and it happened to be six, but they'll add more if they need to.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Okie dokie. Here is some more fan art to promote our King's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. (What do you mean it doesn't have any relation to Smash? Look at the sun!).
Taking this little time to give a big thanks to this community. I haven't been so inspired to draw stuff in a long time. And this helps me as an unemployed graphic designer.
...but right now I'm out of speech ideas. So... here you go.

StormC

Smash Hero
@ Banjo-Kazooie Banjo-Kazooie , that reminds me of Gurren Lagann eyecatches. Nice stuff!

@ BKupa666 BKupa666 , I tried my hand at what you said. The screencap came out a little jagged looking (again, first time uploading a screencap) I don't have Photoshop or anything like that (so I had to make sure he wasn't interfering with scenery), and I tried to keep K. Rool about the size he has in the picture I posted above.

Anyway, hope you guys like.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Oh boy here I go.

I don't really see the point in emailing Nintendo about wanting King K, to me you're emailing Nintendo what they already know WE WANT KING K. ROOL. I don't see how how emailing Nintendo that you want him is going to increase his chances, after all the entire ballot is just one giant WE WANT ... I don't think you need to reiterate the fact that you want King K as if it isn't being reviewed already, The email you received practically restated what you already know also ....yes they are gonna be taking feedback from the fans on what they (the fans) want, this is the point of the ballot...and it's what the ballot does... those emails just feels like a personally sent ballot vote...to me at least

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Oh boy here I go.

I don't really see the point in emailing Nintendo about wanting King K, to me you're emailing Nintendo what they already know WE WANT KING K. ROOL. I don't see how how emailing Nintendo that you want him is going to increase his chances, after all the entire ballot is just one giant WE WANT ... I don't think you need to reiterate the fact that you want King K as if it isn't being reviewed already, The email you received practically restated what you already know also ....yes they are gonna be taking feedback from the fans on what they (the fans) want, this is the point of the ballot...and it's what the ballot does... those emails just feels like a personally sent ballot vote...to me at least
At this point what do we have to lose? Even If it is redundant it's something. It's like an extra precaution. Either way it just reaffirms the fact that we want K. Rool. Nintendo knows we do but we want to remind them so they know just how much we want him.

StormC

Smash Hero
The way I look at it, the optimal outcome is we absolutely swarm Nintendo with votes and messages until they finally tell Sakurai and Retro "PLEASE PUT K. ROOL IN SO THEY LEAVE US ALONE."

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
At this point what do we have to lose? Even If it is redundant it's something. It's like an extra precaution. Either way it just reaffirms the fact that we want K. Rool. Nintendo knows we do but we want to remind them so they know just how much we want him.
Exactly every little helps..we gotta do all we can no matter how little we are just fans..no fancy pancy suits..

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Anyway, hope you guys like.

I don't really to say this, but while this K. Rool render admittedly looks awesome, when put alongside Donkey Kong himself he honestly looks... disappointing to be honest, almost like he's even less imposing than DK himself. I feel that he would be better with slightly taller legs and bigger belly.

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't really to say this, but while this K. Rool render admittedly looks awesome, when put alongside Donkey Kong himself he honestly looks... disappointing to be honest, almost like he's even less imposing than DK himself. I feel that he would be better with slightly taller legs and bigger belly.
I think all he really needs is to face the screen more like Bowser to show off more of his girth.

I've talked about it before, but if he starts getting taller than Battlefield platforms, it's gonna be problematic.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The Mii Costume was made with just tall people in mind instead of girth gargantuars.
Doesn't help he pulls the most derpy looking face here too.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
In my head, I always imagine this angle:

He can't go up much higher vertically since he would end up nearing "too big" range (I guess the battlefield platform heights are used as a metric), but he can do more to stand out horizontally.

it also shows us his bloodshot eye, an iconic part of his design.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
It's incredible to see support going up, not down since this announcement. Down, but not out... like the King himself.

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Quick question: what do you guys have in mind for K. Rool's final smash? I was thinking there are 3 options.

Kredits (Basically Master Hand's glowing card attack)
Blast-O-Matic (A Mega Legends-esque cutscene attack where anyone hit by GAME OVER in huge type is sent to DK Island and blasted by K. Rool's giant laser)
Crystal Banana (K. Rool pulls out the Crystal Banana and grows to his final boss size from Jungle Climber, using his hands and possibly fire-breath to attack)

Quick question: what do you guys have in mind for K. Rool's final smash? I was thinking there are 3 options.

Blast-O-Matic (A Mega Legends-esque cutscene attack where anyone hit by GAME OVER in huge type is sent to DK Island and blasted by K. Rool's giant laser)
Crystal Banana (K. Rool pulls out the Crystal Banana and grows to his final boss size from Jungle Climber, using his hands and possibly fire-breath to attack)
Kannonball Rain is also a potential Final Smash.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

I'd like to see him summon Kritters to beat up his target(s), personally. But of the ones you suggested, the Crystal Banana is definitely the idea that I like the most, although I think the chances of that being referenced are just about zero.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
For Final Smashes, I think saw a japanese fan suggest the battle pad from DK64. That is, it would be sort of like Shulk's current FS. Opponents within distance would be thrown onto the battlepad and beat up by Kritters, Kasplats, etc.

I feel like the Kredits would be the most iconic and easiest to implement.

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Kannonball Rain is also a potential Final Smash.
I agree, but that one just seems so obvious doesn't it? We should get as creative as possible. What if he pulls out a remote and summons Kaos who can be controlled like Pikachu's final smash?

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I like the Blast-O-Matic, personally.

It'll be a cutscene like Falcon's / Shulk's Final Smash and I am down for that. Besides, the King has a giant laser in his arsenal...he definitely should use it! :)

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
My personal favorite are the Kredits.

K. Rool first needs to get close to the opponent, and then acts if he's KO'd (As if Smashed by a Home-Run Bat)
Then, the screen goes to the familiar slow down before breaking, but instead of going to the results screen, it goes to a Duck Hunt Zap Posse-esque alternate reality resembling Gangplank Galleon, where they get Smashes by Kredits.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
For Final Smashes, I think saw a japanese fan suggest the battle pad from DK64. That is, it would be sort of like Shulk's current FS. Opponents within distance would be thrown onto the battlepad and beat up by Kritters, Kasplats, etc.

I feel like the Kredits would be the most iconic and easiest to implement.
That's a good one too!

Pakky

Smash Hero
Why does the thought of more anime characters in smash disgust me? I like anime, I'm just tired of seeing it in my smash. That was mean, I'm sorry.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
KAOS would make for a great Assist Trophy or stage boss, too, as well as a Final Smash.

Why does the thought of more anime characters in smash disgust me? I like anime, I'm just tired of seeing it in my smash.
This isn't really the thread for that.

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
My personal favorite are the Kredits.

K. Rool first needs to get close to the opponent, and then acts if he's KO'd (As if Smashed by a Home-Run Bat)
Then, the screen goes to the familiar slow down before breaking, but instead of going to the results screen, it goes to a Duck Hunt Zap Posse-esque alternate reality resembling Gangplank Galleon, where they get Smashes by Kredits.
Yeah, I was leaning towards that one too for it's iconic-ness. Crystal Banana is my personal favorite though, because I'm alone among my friends as far as K. Rool support and a giant K. Rool would strike such fear into their kold detractor hearts!

StormC

Smash Hero
Also, I've never been a big fan of the Blast-O-Matic Final Smash. It strikes me as generic, both visually and mechanically, and doesn't really communicate to the player what kind of character K. Rool is to the player.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Has anyone suggested anything from DKC3 other than the Kopter for his recovery?

I love the idea of the electric fields.

Last edited:
Top Bottom