• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
Not sure how electric fields would translate to a recovery. There are other options (rocketing upwards with the blunderbuss, the big jump he does in DKC1, or even something like riding the Barrel Blast rocket), but there isn't anything as obvious and logical as the Helipack. It'd be like making Diddy's recovery something besides the Rocketbarrel Boost or Sonic's down special anything but the Spin Dash.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Elektrocution Pods are suggested sometimes as a contender for the already highly contended Down B spot
The setup possible is very attractive. I hope the blunderbuss can suck up all projectiles.

Not sure how electric fields would translate to a recovery. There are other options (rocketing upwards with the blunderbuss, the big jump he does in DKC1, or even something like riding the Barrel Blast rocket), but there isn't anything as obvious and logical as the Helipack. It'd be like making Diddy's recovery something besides the Rocketbarrel Boost or Sonic's down special anything but the Spin Dash.
Oh no I was saying that was there anything else from DKC3 being raised to be in the moveset other than the Helipack.

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone suggested anything from DKC3 other than the Kopter for his recovery?
I had a suggestion for his Down Special. What if he pulls out a remote control, presses a button, and a steel keg appears in front of him. He can kick the keg as a projectile or use it as a shield. Here's the katch though; if a projectile hits it or at least an electric one, it gains the power of the projectile, so it will do that much damage plus however much damage it would normally do. He can also throw opponents into it. This would be inspired by the fight in the Knautilus where you have to use to the steel kegs to absorb the electricity.

StormC

Smash Hero
The current discussion of DKC3's boss fight brings up something to me: anyone else find the fight fairly... underwhelming? In the first two fights, K. Rool constantly puts pressure on you, whether he's tossing projectiles at you or running towards you. In DKC3 he just hovers around the stage, waiting to be attacked.

At least the setting and music is nice.

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I'd kind of rather the electricity be his down smash, simply because the charging animation could consist of K. Rool waggling his finger over his remote in traditional cartoony-villain fashion. It probably would work better as a trap special though.
Also from DKC3 should be his "helpless" animation, where he waggles his hands while staring at the screen in a panic.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I'd kind of rather the electricity be his down smash, simply because the charging animation could consist of K. Rool waggling his finger over his remote in traditional cartoony-villain fashion. It probably would work better as a trap special though.
Also from DKC3 should be his "helpless" animation, where he waggles his hands while staring at the screen in a panic.
I always thought that hand waggling would be his Forward Air.

StormC

Smash Hero
I always thought of having hand waggling as part of the hurtbox for his recovery, but I love the idea of it as a helpless animation.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
BTW, any Japanese speakers able to check if this is written OK? Was seeking translation help for message I/we wanted to send to Sakurai, but translator was unsure about their ability. Thanks.

桜井 政博様の仕事がありがとうございました!しかし、キングクルールは詳しいファイターに作ってください。ありがとうございます!

Was meant to communicate these sentiments:

"Thank you for your work on the K.Rool Mii outfit. Nevertheless, we would still like to see this beloved character as a full fighter! Thanks."

"Thanks for your work. We appreciate the gesture. But we want K. Rool as a full fighter, too!"

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I don't think Kredits would work well as a Final Smash. For it to be effective the text lines would need to cover a pretty large area and move much faster than in DKC, which wouldn't look good.

Kannonball Rain or Blast-O-Matic could work. The former harkens back to his origins while the latter was featured in DK64 where he arguably had the biggest presence (it's also his latest appearance in a true DK game). KAOS I feel is too obscure and tied to his least well-known appearance.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I just came up with a few alternates for his Side Special.

1. Crown Toss-Long range boomerang, does minimal damage
2. Glove Heave - Short range boomerang, larger than crown and more powerful
3. Lurchin Throw - Similar to Dedede's Gordo throw, except the Lurchin is taller, but thinner and possibly does less damage.
4. Mine Chuck - K. Rools throws a contact-mine like the ones in Jungle Climber medium distance.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I don't really to say this, but while this K. Rool render admittedly looks awesome, when put alongside Donkey Kong himself he honestly looks... disappointing to be honest, almost like he's even less imposing than DK himself. I feel that he would be better with slightly taller legs and bigger belly.
Theres only so much you can do with the costume...he done really good with what he was given.

Ofc if K.Rool is really added he will look ALOT better.
See mewtwo trophy compared to Playable mew2

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
How would you guys implement the gas clouds? If K. Rool was on the initial roster, I'd make them customs. Maybe next game.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Kannonball Rain is also a potential Final Smash.
I would love this the most tbh

Or something abit random but i always imagined a huge sea will flood the bottom of the stage slowing down the players movement and then his big ship with the kremling flag will crash into the stage hitting people for crazy damage it will be one of the strongest FS's

Lol.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
How would you guys implement the gas clouds? If K. Rool was on the initial roster, I'd make them customs. Maybe next game.
I'd put in gas clouds as his Neutral Special.

1. Disorienting Vapor - Purple gas that switches the opponents controls for 3 seconds, 2 on the screen at a time. Since this is the easiest to adapt to, it would be long range and would take on the swirling motion from DKC2
2. Sluggish Gas - Red gas that puts the opponent in slow motion for 3 seconds, 3 on screen at a time. This would take on the bouncing motion and has medium range
3. Freezing Skulls - Blue gas that freezes opponents in place for 3 seconds, 1 on scren at a time. Obviously, the most deadly, this would have the shortest range and would go straight being extremely predictable.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
Dream come true
Who will they be?.
Say we get 3 or 4 chars?

K.Rool
Wolf
??? (Kamek)
??? (Ridley cant happen)
(Black Shadow cant happen either Sakurai would never add him)
As far as Metroid goes, I'd prefer Dark Samus as a villain and Sylux would be suitable after Metroid Prime 4.

BigJuicyMeatball

Smash Apprentice
Dream come true
Who will they be?.
Say we get 3 or 4 chars?

K.Rool
Wolf
??? (Kamek)
??? (Ridley cant happen)
How would Kamek work? Ôo and isn't he already a stagethingy on one of the Mario stages?
Ridley would be awesome but already a boss(similar situation to Waluigi)
...Who the nimbits is Black Shadow xD

Dream come true
Who will they be?.
Say we get 3 or 4 chars?

K.Rool
Wolf
??? (Kamek)
??? (Ridley cant happen)
Sadly, I don't see Kamek happening either, because he is already a stage hazard. The only villains I can see happening are Wolf and K. Rool.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I never thought to ask, is anyone aware of the Japanese fans reactions to the costume?

I was curious if their reactions were as negative as the US.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Dream come true
Who will they be?.
Say we get 3 or 4 chars?

K.Rool
Wolf
??? (Kamek)
??? (Ridley cant happen)
Pokey is a possibility, but will most likely never happen. Hades is another too, but i really don't want another kid icarus rep. I mean I really, really, really don't want another kid icarus rep.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
For a recovery, I'm thinking now it'd be a vertical version of his fire slide from DKC2. I think most of his moveset would likely revolve around the blunderbuss. Helipack can be his second jump instead.

I never thought to ask, is anyone aware of the Japanese fans reactions to the costume?

I was curious if their reactions were as negative as the US.
At least one Japanese fan said something like "K. Rool should not be a costume!" on Twitter. Twitter has a translate feature.

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I agree.
Although i would love Kamek.
Sylux its too early for him but would love
SPOILERS
Yeah, but the producer of Metroid Prime announced that the ship at the end of Prime 3 was Sylux's, so we can imply that he'll be the antagonist of Retro's next Metroid, making him a perfect candidate for a Metroid villain.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
SPOILERS
Yeah, but the producer of Metroid Prime announced that the ship at the end of Prime 3 was Sylux's, so we can imply that he'll be the antagonist of Retro's next Metroid, making him a perfect candidate for a Metroid villain.
That's what Dark Phazon's point was. Sylux would work, but its too early because there is no Metroid Prime in development at all. Yeah, Sylux is a likely candidate in the future, but not now.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
SPOILERS
[ spoiler ]typestuffhere[ /spoiler ] Don't use spaces

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
That's what Dark Phazon's point was. Sylux would work, but its too early because there is no Metroid Prime in development at all. Yeah, Sylux is a likely candidate in the future, but not now.
Oh yeah, I know. I was just stating the reasoning for anyone that doesn't play Metroid. Don't keelhaul me man.

Donkey Kong Jr

Smash Cadet
The current discussion of DKC3's boss fight brings up something to me: anyone else find the fight fairly... underwhelming? In the first two fights, K. Rool constantly puts pressure on you, whether he's tossing projectiles at you or running towards you. In DKC3 he just hovers around the stage, waiting to be attacked.

At least the setting and music is nice.
I haven't fought him in DKC3 yet (I finally got the game off of the eshop yesterday), though I've always thought that it looked rather underwhelming from what I've seen of it through videos.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Pokey is a possibility, but will most likely never happen. Hades is another too, but i really don't want another kid icarus rep. I mean I really, really, really don't want another kid icarus rep.
10000% how i feel aswell lol i really dont want 1 either nice
K.Rool and wolf is pretty much it for smash tbh.

They both need to make it then the villians are fine

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What about a Smash spin-off with all villains?
I'd prefer a Smash Spin-off that's a Yoshi's Island-esque style Platformer/Beat'em'Up
Imagine using the background of 3DS Classic Mode and turning it into a giant world that you can explore :4pacman:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
I agree.
Although i would love Kamek.
Sylux its too early for him but would love
Speaking of kamek, since he is a mario villian, don't we have enough of them. Kamek would be cool but soon if we kept getting this many mario characters we are going to have to put Wart in. Personally, I think Paper Mario should be the last mario representative for smash for a while. The problem with him is it is another mario. This is coming from a guy who hasn't even played any of the paper mario games.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Speaking of kamek, since he is a mario villian, don't we have enough of them. Kamek would be cool but soon if we kept getting this many mario characters we are going to have to put Wart in. Personally, I think Paper Mario should be the last mario representative for smash for a while. The problem with him is it is another mario. This is coming from a guy who hasn't even played any of the paper mario games.
If Kamek got in it would be as a Yoshi rep.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
He is a Yoshi villian
But yh..mario villian too .

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
Um would the idea of k rool being a speedy heavy weight be a possibility ?
I highly doubt that but if you do think about it, In the first DKC game, every time you jumped on k rool, he would constantly run faster and faster. He could be but because he is a fat crocodile with a big belly, that may slow him down a bit

Top Bottom